Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
California
Goddamn, I enjoyed the fuck out of the OP, good job OP.

As to whether or not ghosts are real, I don't know. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for all this, but the OP seems so convinced and has gone through all the logical explanations; but I'm sure there's something missing.

But until then, whether ghosts are real or not, I do not doubt the OP's sincerity.

OP, are you going to put cameras up to record the area in which said haunting is occurring?

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
I went hunting for cameras yesterday but need to research what types are best. Looking at ghost forums seems...cheesey but not sure where else to get that type of information from. We're about to start construction upstairs bathroom because I'm super unhappy with how it turned out (for my primary residence) and I may set up a camera on a continuous feed anyone can watch. Upstairs has always been the hotspot for incidents and they they happened far more often when we were deep in the middle of constructions.

I like the idea of using flour in the attic. Problem is there's no real walkable area. It's 2x10's on their sides with blown-in insulation between them. I'll post some attic pictures tonight when I'm home.

Ok can someone recommend OP some cameras to set up, let's get this show going

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Set up the cameras to livestream, then we can all take turns monitoring the feed until we come up with irrefutable proof that ghosts exist.

The Appetizer

Apr 24, 2018
Therefore I will consider all the possibilities.
This is actually precisely the thing though; you are not considering all possibilities and in fact you cannot humanly do so. You are considering the possibility that you want to be true. Even just ignoring explanations that would be considered reasonable by the standards of modern science, "all the possibilities" includes: aliens trying to mess with you, we live in a simulation and the people who run the simulation are trying to mess with you, god is trying to mess with you, psychic werewolves, leprechauns, all the atoms in some inanimate object happened to be moving in the same direction by pure chance, inanimate objects are actually sentient and can move of their own free will but they are extremely shy and only muster the courage to move in the charismatic presence of leprechaun werewolves, and literally infinitely more with no evidence to speak of.

You cannot possibly imagine and consider "all the possibilities". Now if you seriously want to investigate the cause of a spooky phenomenon, by all means hypothesize about anything you can test (I doubt you can test for ghosts though). But otherwise, the rational and humble thing to do is to simply stop at "I don't know what the cause is". For any given spooky phenomenon that people have documented I personally suspect it can be explained in a way consistent with modern science, even if I cannot think of what that explanation might be. Even if I did not though, I would not seriously entertain the idea of ghosts any more than leprechauns or any of the other countless possibilities with no evidence.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The best thing is to get some cheap cameras that work with raspberry/arduino and learn to program. A camera + a motion detector (PIR) + a raspberry is under 40$, and you can set a lot of other sensors to detect anything.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
You're assuming a hell of a lot here. I don't think it's fair to accuse everyone who has a so called experience of suffering from some kind of mental disorder. Like I mentioned many times before in this thread, it seems condescending as fuck.

It's an incredibly easy way to explain away almost anything that you don't have an explanation for. "Not sure how that happened but I can't give you an explanation so I'm just gonna assume you're crazy and made the whole thing up!"

Is it a possibility that someone was imagining things? Sure, Carbon Monoxide poisoning does exist and can cause hallucinations, but I know for a fact that my experience was not due to some mental episode I had as something physically fell from the ceiling; I wasn't just seeing scary images or hearing things.

You say that you are afraid for OP's social life but who honestly cares? He has a wife and kids so I think he is doing just fine. In my mind if someone wants to believe in something and that belief is not harming anyone who am I to tell them not to? If he enjoys believing in the supernatural I'm not gonna criticize and belittle him for it.

It's not condescending to remind people that their perceptions and memories are incredibly fallible, even around things we all agree are real.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Imagine how shitty a ghost must be if all it's able to do is a light touch or create the creaky sound of a floorboard.
You are the alpha predator here. What's that ghost gonna do?

But honestly, the thing you and your wife are experiencing is hyper-awareness of things like these ever since the idea of 'a haunted house' entered your brain. It's human nature to do so. Every creak you hear? Your mind goes immediately to ghosts, even if you try to suppress it. A gust of wind? Ghosts. Leaky faucet? Gotta be ghosts. It's like an involuntary reflex that builds on age-old tropes of ghosts from media and movies. You can't turn off that part of your brain like flipping a switch.

Honestly, cognitive behavioral therapy might do the trick here. You are unconsciously connecting all kinds of innocuous sounds/experiences with ghosts and that can be incredibly hard to get rid of. And it seems your wife is experiencing the same thing, which only exacerbates the problem because now her experiences become yours.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
I posted part 2 on the previous page if you're interested in the story

Yup, he believes me but has never experienced any of the stuff we have. He only got to experience the neighbors. He, and most of the neighbors called the old owners "The Burbs" after the Tom Hanks movie
Appreciate you keeping us updated

I shall watch this thread with great interest

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's because I read this thread but yesterday while trying to sleep, I drowsily opened my eyes and saw a floating/hovering/hanging animal-thing just above me. It scared me shitless so I bolted and turned on the lights and spent like 10 minutes searching every nook and crank of my room, my heart was going at full speed at 3am.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
This is actually precisely the thing though; you are not considering all possibilities and in fact you cannot humanly do so. You are considering the possibility that you want to be true. Even just ignoring explanations that would be considered reasonable by the standards of modern science, "all the possibilities" includes: aliens trying to mess with you, we live in a simulation and the people who run the simulation are trying to mess with you, god is trying to mess with you, psychic werewolves, leprechauns, all the atoms in some inanimate object happened to be moving in the same direction by pure chance, inanimate objects are actually sentient and can move of their own free will but they are extremely shy and only muster the courage to move in the charismatic presence of leprechaun werewolves, and literally infinitely more with no evidence to speak of.

You cannot possibly imagine and consider "all the possibilities". Now if you seriously want to investigate the cause of a spooky phenomenon, by all means hypothesize about anything you can test (I doubt you can test for ghosts though). But otherwise, the rational and humble thing to do is to simply stop at "I don't know what the cause is". For any given spooky phenomenon that people have documented I personally suspect it can be explained in a way consistent with modern science, even if I cannot think of what that explanation might be. Even if I did not though, I would not seriously entertain the idea of ghosts any more than leprechauns or any of the other countless possibilities with no evidence.

Cool

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
But honestly, the thing you and your wife are experiencing is hyper-awareness of things like these ever since the idea of 'a haunted house' entered your brain. It's human nature to do so. Every creak you hear? Your mind goes immediately to ghosts, even if you try to suppress it. A gust of wind? Ghosts. Leaky faucet? Gotta be ghosts. It's like an involuntary reflex that builds on age-old tropes of ghosts from media and movies. You can't turn off that part of your brain like flipping a switch.

Now seriously, probably it was already discussed in this topic, but hardwood floors can make some noises that do resembles footsteps a lot. In my in-laws house that happens a lot. My wife always freaked out (not exactly because of ghosts, but of people breaking in to the house), but whenever I went upstairs to check it, there was nothing unusual there.

Anyway, congrats OP, that was a very entertaining read.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I love the toy story theory. It's simply his kid's toys that come to life and do all those things.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how shitty a ghost must be if all it's able to do is a light touch or create the creaky sound of a floorboard.
You are the alpha predator here. What's that ghost gonna do?

Honestly, cognitive behavioral therapy might do the trick here. You are unconsciously connecting all kinds of innocuous sounds/experiences with ghosts and that can be incredibly hard to get rid of. And it seems your wife is experiencing the same thing, which only exacerbates the problem because now her experiences become yours.

You remind me of that therapist in every horror movie who tells the main character it's all in their head, they have nothing to worry about, but then when they don't show up for their latest session the therapist goes to the house to check on them and gets eaten by a ghost. :p

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The best thing is to get some cheap cameras that work with raspberry/arduino and learn to program. A camera + a motion detector (PIR) + a raspberry is under 40$, and you can set a lot of other sensors to detect anything.

if cam.ghostVisiblity(moveX, moveY, posX, posY, opacityValue) == true:
captureSpecter()

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

This had me shook for a couple days when I first saw it last year.

This scaried the shit out of me. It looks real, so idk, I suppose it could be.

We humans don't know shit about anything. We don't even know how physics actually work, and if they work the same way everywhere in the universe.

Our knowledge is too limited for us to be sure of anything, and people who believe in science before anyone should know this. It's a bit immature, arrogant, and even uninformed to be so vehement about everything.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth

We humans don't know shit about anything. We don't even know how physics actually work, and if they work the same way everywhere in the universe.

Our knowledge is too limited for us to be sure of anything, and people who believe in science before anyone should know this. It's a bit immature, arrogant, and even uninformed to be so vehement about everything.
humans dont know everything =/= ghosts/lizard people/reptilians from stories MIGHT exist and if you dont take them into equal consideration you're uninformed

Oct 27, 2017

I think read it "could" be fake from other videos and a discalimer a guy posted on his channel. Too bad if it is. However, there is a great youtube comment on there from somebody:

Folks, I've worked in and out of the coal mines in southern Appalachia quite a bit over the years, and as a former coal miner watching this, there's some things you need to know about working below the Drip Mouth of a mine:

1. It is quite normal, very normal actually, to hear things back in a mine shaft. Normally you don't hear the noises until it's dinner time when they shut off the machines and everyone sits down at the 'dinner hole' back in the mine, but we all know (as coal miners) that there's more activity going on in the mine besides our activity, and we often choose to ignore it.

2. It is a common thing to hear things, see lights that aren't supposed to be there, hear voices that aren't supposed to be there, and even see an Orb from time to time. Most of the men who work in the mine accept it and just go about their job, though I admit, it gets creepy back in the shaft when you're very far down in to the mountain sometimes. I never feared it because other miners were always right there with me, and there's safety in numbers - most of the time.

3. Tommyknockers: We had an unfortunate accident in one of our mines years ago, and a miner lost his life when the shaft he was working in collapsed in on him. We called in rescue and tried to get him out, but he was so far back into the shaft with his equipment, we couldn't get to him. He died back there, and it was a tragic horrible accident. The mine company (Eastern) decided to just brick up that part of the shaft and leave him in there, and to this day he is in the shaft, though passed on, and entombed in the mine.

4. Our dinner hole was close to the entrance of that shaft, though it was bricked over, and I admit.. There were times.. yes, you could almost 'hear' that man back in that shaft hitting the wall with a chisel of some kind, or a hammer. I was far from the only one to hear that, and the grown men, family men, who I had my dinner with at 3am back in the mine would get a little frightened at times. We moved our dinner hole after a while because it was too unsettling to eat there for most of us.

5. We would often see Orbs just fly by out of nowhere down the mine shaft, and there was never a shift that I wasn't glad to see the dawn of the morning and I'd get out of the mine. It's scary enough down there, not knowing if each shift will be your last, and I was never 'really afraid,' but there were times, I confess, it was just eerie down in the mountain, and none of us miners ever felt alone down there.

6. The mine I am referring to is now completely closed and shut down, and has been for well over a decade, but I often think of that man who is still buried back under the mountain, and I wonder if he is still Tommyknocking on the walls back there. - from southern West Virginia.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Goddamn, that flashlight is impressive. I need to get one of those.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

this isn't directed at you, but the time to believe something is after its been demonstrated not only to exist but likely to be the cause, this entire thread has been an enormous argument from ignorance fallacy with a little argumentum ad consequentiam sprinkled on top

although to be fair, not that many people in here have actually said they believe in ghosts, so maybe my characterization is a little harsh

Last edited:

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Get some cameras that can see in the IR or even ultraviolet light spectrum, or an Ovilus (that thing that supposedly, electromagnetic energy levels can be manipulated at different power levels to key up words from the dictionary. Start talking out loud directing it at whatever you think is there or ask questions like "Do you know the ___ family" etc with that device running and see if anything comes up. Hit up google or any local place to find if there's any history there besides the weirdness of the former owners in case you get any results on devices to see if your device results have any correlation to anything you find out about the property. I like ghost stuff.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Get some cameras that can see in the IR or even ultraviolet light spectrum, or an Ovilus (that thing that supposedly, electromagnetic energy levels can be manipulated at different power levels to key up words from the dictionary. Start talking out loud directing it at whatever you think is there or ask questions like "Do you know the ___ family" etc with that device running and see if anything comes up. Hit up google or any local place to find if there's any history there besides the weirdness of the former owners in case you get any results on devices to see if your device results have any correlation to anything you find out about the property. I like ghost stuff.
Kinect?

Oct 27, 2017
With so much details I would have believed you OP but after watching the show below. Everything can be explained with science. Give it a watch and you might change your view.
Galileo_2-p1.jpg

Show is called Galileo. Yep the show is named after one of the greatest scientist that ever lived who believe nothing is impossible to prove scientifically even with ghost or haunted house.

Oct 26, 2017
With so much details I would have believed you OP but after watching the show below. Everything can be explained with science. Give it a watch and you might change your view.
Galileo_2-p1.jpg

Show is called Galileo. Yep the show is named after one of the greatest scientist that ever lived who believe nothing is impossible to prove scientifically even with ghost or haunted house.
Where can I watch this?

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Where can I watch this?

Crunchyroll/VRV

Galileo_2-p1.jpg

I just watched the first episode of this show, and I have to say...it was highly entertaining! Thanks for mentioning it!

Last edited:

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Galileo_2-p1.jpg

intriguing, im gonna check it out

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Actually, YES. But maybe not the Kinect itself. Afaik, the tech for kinect was "hacked" and used to make a new kind of camera specifically for this kind of stuff. I think that may be what's now called the Structured Light Sensor camera (SLS camera) that can supposedly map in things in other light spectrums that human eyes aren't able to view light from or something.

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to the sudden influx of ghost hunter enthusiasts that the OP will inevitably draw to this place. Finally Anime people won't be at the bottom of the food chain anymore.

On a side note, it'd be pretty freaking cool if ResetEra proves the existence of ghosts. Of all places.

snail_maze

Oct 27, 2017
I always feel like the US has a disproportionate amount of "hauntings" considering how new most of the buildings and cities are. In my city a lot of buildings are from the 13th century onwards and I don't hear about any ghost stories. Or is the idea that the residual spirit energy fades away over time?

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I think there are a lot more similarities than you realize. Spirits tend to always be back to take care of some unfinished business in life, they can disappear and reappear at will and they very much seem bound to a particular location.

And yes I'm sure a ton of the stories are either made up to support a specific narrative or just as a way to explain something people didn't understand. But I still don't see any reason why they can't exist and so will always hold out hope that maybe some of those accounts are true. I know I'm in the extreme minority on this site and probably in general.

You see, in my experience with different supernatural myths, these similarities aren't as common as you make it out. There are all too many stories about "closing doors, hanging protection charms on windows" yada yada, that imply spirits having some corporeal being and having to physically make their way into your house. I feel like magical teleporting/wallphasing ghosts are mostly a recent injection via western pop culture.

Some of the similarities are also easily explainable by common sense. We all live on the same planet and thus gonna make same "rational" (based on our knowledge at the time) conclusions based on our limited observations. How many furious gods of thunder do we have? Yet, thunder is now completely explained by science.

It's not really a massive coincidence at all, that people will notice that hanging around dead and rot is bad for your health, and without knowledge of microbiology and thus microbes, germs and viruses, would come to conclussion that disturbing the dead leads to their spirits being upset with you.

Then there's evolutionary aspects. We've developed to recognize patterns, and because somebody who fails to recognize a dangerous pattern where there is one, is more likely to die and not propogate their genes, than somebody who recognizes a pattern where there isn't one, as they most likely just be wrong and move along with their life, we are selected to prefer to see a pattern over not seeing it. Thus, we tend to connect things and assign meaning where isn't one. We are also likely to antropomorphise things for the same evolutionary reasons (if you fail to recognize a fellow tribesman as a sentient being, you get your shit pushed in for stealing their food, but if you think a rock is sentient, you will just pat it and move along with no damage and thus no risk). As a result, we've been trained to trust our hunch, no matter how impressionable we may actually be.
Combine that with the fact that for the long long time, scepticism wasn't really a thing, because we didn't have rational explanations even for most basic things yet, and you get people walking into houses with recently deceased widows, hear a creak, feel a small draft and immadiately do all of the above: a) connect those events with event of widow's recent passing, even though there's no real connection, it was just a creak and a draft b) assing the creak and draft sentient intentionality c) put a lot of weight in our emotional reaction to those things, thus, "having a bad feeling about the situation and taking that as a meaningful sign and not just an impressionable emotional reaction.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can a ghost phase through solid objects without falling deep into the Earth? If they're unaffected by gravity, what keeps them grounded?

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm reading a book by Shirley Jackson called The Haunting of Hill House and in it, spontaneous closing of doors is linked to millimetric misalignments and defects in the architecture of the house, which aren't noticeable to the naked eye.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How can a ghost phase through solid objects without falling deep into the Earth? If they're unaffected by gravity, what keeps them grounded?
Oh you never heard of Ghost rules

They are the bullshit believers spout like "only certain people become ghosts" and "obviously ghosts give off EMF"

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
I always feel like the US has a disproportionate amount of "hauntings" considering how new most of the buildings and cities are. In my city a lot of buildings are from the 13th century onwards and I don't hear about any ghost stories. Or is the idea that the residual spirit energy fades away over time?
That's mostly because they're very religious.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
People are still coming up with over the top explanations instead of facing facts that it's ghosts.

And you don't consider ghosts as an explanation to be over the top?!

Peculiar events sometimes have complicated answers. That doesn't mean those answers should be eschewed in favor of a simpler, but illogical answer.

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it so hard to believe in stuff that can't 100% be explained by science? Humans don't have all the answers to everything.

I always used to be a denier of the paranormal but I realized I was being so shallow minded. Like who the fuck am I to say these things aren't really happening by other means than proven science if I don't know any better?

OP keep us posted on what else is going on and if you do set up cameras I'd love to see some YouTube vids.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Why is it so hard to believe in stuff that can't 100% be explained by science? Humans don't have all the answers to everything.

I always used to be a denier of the paranormal but I realized I was being so shallow minded. Like who the fuck am I to say these things aren't really happening by other means than proven science if I don't know any better?

OP keep us posted on what else is going on and if you do set up cameras I'd love to see some YouTube vids.

Because a justified belief requires logical justification. People are welcome to hold unjustified beliefs, but such beliefs hold no credence whatsoever, so they're about as logically compelling as blatant lie.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017

And it's okay to accept when you don't know. But when your best guess is ghosts and that becomes your conclusion, your aren't thinking rationally. I mean if you aren't using evidence to confirm your beliefs, how do you decide what to believe? It could be ghosts, but couldn't it also be ANYTHING else?

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1. We started the remodel with the downstairs which makes up about 80% of the actual square footage and actual usable space. The only thing upstairs was a small loft, 2 bedrooms, and a bathroom. That upstairs bathroom was completely torn out minus the tub and the faucet for it. One day I got a call from my mother in law who babystat our son during the day saying the upstairs tub faucet was running full blast. First off, it wasn't on when she got there and second we absolutely never use that bathroom tub. I thought maybe it was a small leak but someone/something had completely turned the handle to full blast and it takes physical effort to do so. It's nothing that can accidentally happen.

2. Our son slept upstairs in one of the bedrooms while our bedroom was downstairs on the opposite end of the house. We had a baby monitor at night which would amplify when it heard noises and then go into quiet mode any other time. One night I was getting ready to goto bed and I heard some heavy rustling and my son starting to get fussy, though not yet crying. The monitor went into 'loud' mode and I listened to it very attentively figuring it was only a matter of time before he started to cry..as I listened I heard a loud and VERY distinctly clear "Shhhhhhhhhh" directly directly into the mic. My son instantly got quiet and I ran as fast as I've ever run, my handgun with me thinking someone was in my son's room. When I threw the door open, he was sound asleep and nothing or no one was in the room. After that he slept in our bed for the next month or so.

3. Doors slamming. We do not open the windows a lot, especially living in Arizona and especially in the summer. Early on, doors would slam upstairs on the regular with no draft and our doors are 9 foot and solid wood making them incredibly heavy.

4. Lights turning on and off. This is one I can explain away because it's electrical and our switches are the flat panel type that can get stuck in the middle and eventually flip up or down..at least in theory as I've never seen it happen just assumed it could and explains the lights turning on and off.

5. The Push – A few months after the "Shhhhh" we moved our son back into his room. When he was young he was very difficult to get to sleep so I had to stay near him until he was finally asleep every night. The drawing below shows the layout of the upstairs, his room, my desk, and his crib. Sitting in his room was fairly boring so eventually I moved to my desk just outside of it where I had line of sight between us. One night I had the lights off minus my PC screen and all of a sudden the lights in his room flipped on. I thought maybe he had climbed out of his crib since at this point we was able to do that on occasion. Nope, he was sound asleep. I figured maybe it was an electrical problem and went back to the computer. No more than a few minutes later I felt a hard shove against the back of my chair. I turned immediately thinking that once again, maybe he had climbed from his crib but nothing was there plus the force of the shove was well above anything he could have done. THIS is when I was 100% convinced my house was haunted.

upstairs.jpg

6. As mentioned before, the downstairs of our house has a playroom which is directly across from our master bedroom. On numerous occasions, toys randomly turn on by themselves. This isn't one or two toys but a variety of them. Some which require switches to be turned on and others that require squeezing of particular areas. These have ONLY happened at night while we're sleeping or getting ready to and never during the day when we're out and about in the house.

7. The Touch – My wife and I were watching a movie with me sitting on the couch and her sitting on the floor with her back to the couch right next to me. All of a sudden she turns to look at me and I give her a blank "What?" look.. shes immediately FLIPS out and jumps in the air yelling "That wasn't you? That wasn't you????". Eventually she calmed down and told me she felt a hand pressed against the back of her head and run it's fingers through her hair. When she realized it wasn't me she lost her shit.

8. Footsteps in the attic – Our house has 2 attics, the one above the primary one story of the house and the second, smaller one, above the smaller upstairs. This is by far the most common ghost type thing we experience in the house and it happens so often that we literally never notice it though it does freak the hell out of our guests and my son's friends. It normally happens in the evening and sounds exactly someone is walking through the first floor attic, towards the back of the house, normally directly over the living room. The steps have weight to them and you can follow them as they progress across the room directly above us. I've been in our attic so many times at this point thinking maybe some homeless person has taken residence up there but there's nothing there. Even if it was an animal (it's not), the steps have way too much weight to them. I'd say at it's peak we heard the footsteps 3-4 times a week. Now because we're so acclimated to them I can't even tell anymore except 2 days ago when I got home my wife was staring at the ceiling watching the steps progress across the room above her.

9. The Conversation – One night I woke up and heard a very distinct conversation happening in my son's playroom right across the living room from our master bedroom. I coulnd't make out words but it was loud and definitely coming from our house. It sounded like a deep mans voice having a conversation except I couldn't make out any words..just lots of Hur hum dum ber dum dum..Like a conversation at a party wehre you can clearly hear people talking but can't make out the words. I thought it could be someone outside but the second I got up and left our room it immediately stopped. There's no way it came from outside but I quickly ran out there incase the neighbors were having some sort of gathering. Nope, pure silence and this was also 3 in the morning.

10. Sleep Paralysis – This one scared me the most before I looked up what sleep paralysis was. It's terrifying and I'm 100% convinced there's a ghost or entity holding me down and keeping me from screaming. It NEVER happened in our old house

11. TV being on when we get home. I thoguht it could have been a setting with our TV but this happens on 2 separate ones, one of which we've replaced with a newer model. It hasn't happened lately but at it's peak it would happen once every week or two.

12. The Door Shake – Referring to the upstairs diagram again my wife was in the bathroom (at this point that bathroom was finished and our downstairs one was under construction. She was straightening her hair with my son taking a nap in his room, with the door closed, RIGHT next to the bathroom. The door is literally 5 feet away from where she was standing. All of a sudden the door starts to violently shake and she almost instantly goes to open it thinking my son had climbed out of his crib and was trying to open the door. When she opens it, he was sound asleep. There's also no way he could have shook the door in the manner it was.

[edit - adding one more and this one we saw with our eyes]
13. My living room has shutters which we keep closed for privacy and because at night there's a light directly outside of them that blares into the TV if we keep it open. One night we were watching TV and slowly we could see the light coming in. We both turn and watch as a single louver on the shutter opens UP, against gravity.

I think that covers most of the things which have happened. There's been numerous other small things but we really just ignore them at this point. The weird thing is I have no intention of moving and outside of the "shhhh" scare, we don't feel scared at all. If there is a ghost there he/she doesn't feel menacing and we've just learned to live with it.

We recently purchased a second vacation home and I have a new story to tell about that place but I'll save it for a later post. Thanks for listening to my winded post. Sorry for the typos and grammatical errors.

UPDATE: As Promised, the stories about our new vacation rental in Post #1090
There is no such thing. The most probable explanation is that a previous owner still has access somewhere and tries to scare you away, to buy it back cheap. I'd get cameras onto every room.

Status
Not open for further replies.