• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
So you were originally a heavy skeptic til you saw something? Have you decided to try and break down what you saw?

I have. It's a bit long though to describe it in detail.

I was a "believer" (influenced by my parents) who turned into what I guess is called a skeptic. I have very strong sleep paralysis that bleeds over into when I am very drowsy. I have seen and heard crazy shit, which lead me to thinking I was haunted when I was younger. Mostly due to my environment and physical state.

Researching sleep paralysis and asking myself simple questions like what I asked you are what lead me to believe that this stuff is the product of the human mind. We are prone to hallucinations. You don't have to be a physicist to known that violating the known laws of physics makes for one of the craziest fucking explanations you could ask for. Every other human error related explanation makes more sense.

This wasn't sleep paralysis. I've experienced that before. Scary as all hell, but not what I had. I was awake.

Seems like a very odd yet convenient detail to leave out of your story. I mean, i know if I and two other people saw an animal that disappeared, I'd probably mention they're were other witnesses because that's a pretty important detail. Your post is just filled with "I saw", "I didn't realise" etc.
The reason I didn't mention it was because it was my two cats, and I know how that's going to be received. Laughed at. But pets don't lie. With people I'd be much more skeptical. I'll explain the story if you'd like.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
The reason I didn't mention it was because it was my two cats, and I know how that's going to be received. Laughed at. But pets don't lie. With people I'd be much more skeptical. I'll explain the story if you'd like.

Lol, in your previous post you said it was two "corroborating witnesses". I don't think you know what either of those words mean.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know exactly what it means. Third parties who corroborate a sighting, either be it through words or actions. In the case of pets; actions. Very telling that my account is dismissed before even listening to the full telling of it.

Imagine i went to the police and said I saw a man being murdered and there were two other witnesses. Would you expect the police to take me seriously if I told them the other witnesses were cats?

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure parrots have been used in trials as "witnesses". Not sure about cats though.

That's got nothing to do with what I asked you.

Can you give me one other context where "You've no reason to doubt me because I've got cats as witnesses" would or should be taken seriously.
The parrot wasn't used in court.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

I love the second when there the 'ghost' was flickering the lights on and off. That ghost must have been super dramatic.

The bed clip, lol. Who the hell believes this goofy shit?

[edit]

When I'm a ghost what I'm going to do is run around corners while people are randomly recording a conversation, flicker lights on and off while slamming doors and lift people in their beds, said no one ever.

Last edited:

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
Imagine i went to the police and said I saw a man being murdered and there were two other witnesses. Would you expect the police to take me seriously if I told them the other witnesses were cats?
Oh come on.

I walk into a bathroom and see an orange cat in the standing shower staring at the wall. When I came in, my two cats were sitting outside the shower staring right at it. I flipped the light switch on, and the cat evaporated into thin air. Both my other cats, upon seeing this, turned and bolted out of the room. This cat also looked exactly like one I brought to the pound a few months prior, which I suspect he was put down.

This isn't testimony of a murder by cats, give me a break. I know how you're trying to frame this. Their response was the basic instinctual actions (which I find far more trustworthy and genuine than of humans which are usually filled with ulterior and deceptive motives).

Last edited:

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh come on.

I walk into a bathroom and see an orange cat in the standing shower staring at the wall. When I came in, my two cats were sitting outside the shower staring right at it. I flipped the light switch on, and the cat evaporated into thin air. Both my other cats, upon seeing this, turned and bolted out of the room. This cat also looked exactly like one I brought to the pound a few months prior, which I suspect he was put down.

This isn't testimony of a murder by cats, give me a break. I know how you're trying to frame this. Their response was the basic instinctual actions (which I find far more trustworthy than of humans which are usually filled with ulterior and deceptive motives).

Cats running out of a room when you turn the lights in is definitely proof of a ghost. There's defintiely no other way to explain what you think you saw. Cats NEVER run out of an illuminated for reasons other than ghosts.

I'm sorry but you're being ridiculous. Your cats did not corroborate anything with you, they acted and you're interpreting that reaction in a way that fits what you already believe.

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
Cats running out of a room when you turn the lights in is definitely proof of a ghost. There's defintiely no other way to explain what you think you saw. Cats NEVER run out of an illuminated for reasons other than ghosts.

I'm sorry but you're being ridiculous. Your cats did not corroborate anything with you, they acted and you're interpreting that reaction in a way that fits what you already believe.
Then explain why they were both staring at this specific spot, and why both ran at the exact moment it vanished. If you KNOW it wasn't a ghost, explain that to me. They both looked up at me as I entered the room and then returned their gaze. A light switching on was no shock to them. An apparition disappearing feet from them was.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then explain why they were both staring at this specific spot, and why both ran at the exact moment it vanished. If you KNOW it wasn't a ghost, explain that to me. They both looked up at me as I entered the room and then returned their gaze. A light switching on was no shock to them. An apparition disappearing feet from them was.

You hallucinated and the cats thing was a complete coincidence. That's infinitely more likely than it being a ghost. I don't need to explain or prove anything. You claim you saw a ghost and the only thing you have to back it up with is "my cats were staring at the wall then ran out of the room when I turned the lights on".
I mean me clapping my hands isn't shocking but if I come up behind my daughter and clap and startle her it doesn't mean she seen a ghost. My 6 month old will on occasion just stare into random corner and laugh and babble like he's talking to someone. Is he talking to a ghost? Literally today he was staring into a mirror we have on a wall and crying in hysterics. Normally he loves looking at himself in the mirror. You would take that as eveidence of a ghost where as I wouldn't. Hell even my girlfriend has made comments along the lines of "Maybe he"s talking to my dad" who died years before I even met her.

I don't believe for a second that you were a skeptic before this incident because that's just not evidence of a ghost. If that's what converted you then you weren't very sceptical and it's quite dishonest of you to say you were.

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
You hallucinated and the cats thing was a complete coincidence. That's infinitely more likely than it being a ghost. I don't need to explain or prove anything. You claim you saw a ghost and the only thing you have to back it up with is "my cats were staring at the wall then ran out of the room when I turned the lights on".
I mean me clapping my hands isn't shocking but if I come up behind my daughter and clap and startle her it doesn't mean she seen a ghost. My 6 month old will on occasion just stare into random corner and laugh and babble like he's talking to someone. Is he talking to a ghost? Literally today he was staring into a mirror we have on a wall and crying in hysterics. Normally he loves looking at himself in the mirror. You would take that as eveidence of a ghost where as I wouldn't. Hell even my girlfriend has made comments along the lines of "Maybe he"s talking to my dad" who died years before I even met her.

I don't believe for a second that you were a skeptic before this incident because that's just not evidence of a ghost. If that's what converted you then you weren't very sceptical and it's quite dishonest of you to say you were.

No it isn't, and your incredible degree of arrogance you know for a fact ghosts don't exist holds no more merit than me believing they might. I was a heavy skeptic, I don't care what you think. I'm not the one with a closed mind here. I accept the possibility, you write it off entirely.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it isn't, and your incredible degree of arrogance you know for a fact ghosts don't exist holds no more merit than me believing they might. I was a heavy skeptic, I don't care what you think. I'm not the one with a closed mind here. I accept the possibility, you write it off entirely.

Where did I say I know for a fact that ghosts don't exists? I'm saying that what you experienced isn't evidence of a ghost and if that's what converted you then you were never a sceptic to begin with.

I'm not closed minded at all, I'm very open minded and open to new ideas. I'll accept the idea that ghosts are real when there's an actual reason to. Being open minded doesn't mean you just believe everything is possible, people still need a reason to believe something is possible and nothing so far, including your cats, has changed my mind on that. What you experienced is far easier explained by things we already know to exist, like your mind playing tricks on you. I've no reason to believe that ghosts are behind this and neither do you. The reason you do is because you want ghosts to be real.

I'm indifferent on that front, I neither want nor don't want ghosts to exist. If they do then great, if they don't then that's fine too.

If your so open minded then why can't you be open to the idea that you're mistaken about what you experienced, which we know for a fact can happen and happens to people on a daily basis.

Last edited:

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
Where did I say I know for a fact that ghosts don't exists? I'm saying that what you experienced isn't evidence of a ghost and if that's what converted you then you were never a sceptic to begin with.

I'm not closed minded at all, I'm very open minded and open to new ideas. I'll accept the idea that ghosts are real when there's an actual reason to. Being open minded doesn't mean you just believe everything is possible, people still need a reason to believe something is possible and nothing so far, including your cats, has changed my mind on that. What you experienced is far easier explained by things we already know to exist, like your mind playing tricks on you. I've no reason to believe that ghosts are behind this and neither do you. The reason you do is because you want ghosts to be real.

You apparently missed the part where I stated I was basically indifferent. I didn't want anything to happen or hoped for anything to be real. Nothing was expected, and my interest in the supernatural at that time extended only so far as to the entertainment value it afforded to popular culture.

"Being open minded doesn't mean you believe everything is possible"? Really? So you can claim things are impossible when it's convenient to your position but then claim evidence suddenly makes it possible when it's also convenient to claim you retain an open mind? Sorry, no, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you assert something is impossible, that's an absolute statement with no room for accommodation. The impossible closes yourself to the possible. The only way your mind is "open" is by force of the irrefutable, but that does not mean it's open by default as you think.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You apparently missed the part where I stated I was basically indifferent. I didn't want anything to happen or hoped for anything to be real. Nothing was expected, and my interest in the supernatural at that time extended only so far as to the entertainment value it afforded to popular culture.

"Being open minded doesn't mean you believe everything is possible"? Really? So you can claim things are impossible when it's convenient to your position but then claim evidence suddenly makes it possible when it's also convenient to claim you retain an open mind? Sorry, no, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you assert something is impossible, that's an absolute statement with no room for accommodation. The impossible closes yourself to the possible. The only way your mind is "open" is by force of the irrefutable, but that does not mean it's open by default as you think.

You're not indifferent when you're assuming ghosts though. There's a million possibilities that are more likely before ghosts even become an option. Why are you assuming ghosts over a living cat that's only visible in dull lighting?

Again, when did I claim that ghosts are impossible? You've claimed twice now that I said that. Where did I say it?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
So OP, Im sure someone asked...did you ever put cameras on your house to record said things? Cmon man. If this is reoccurring, why wouldnt you try to catch in on film?

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
You're not indifferent when you're assuming ghosts though. There's a million possibilities that are more likely before ghosts even become an option. Why are you assuming ghosts over a living cat that's only visible in dull lighting?

Again, when did I claim that ghosts are impossible? You've claimed twice now that I said that. Where did I say it?

Believe me I searched for an explanation, it was not an immediate jump to "ghosts!". This was a cat I was looking at, I was unblinking, and it vanished. Have you ever seen something evaporate into air right before you? Frodo putting the ring on, POOF. It's a fairly dead-on portrayal. I wasn't asleep. There was light. It didn't run past me. It was as still as a statue. It simply disappeared. But this is all I'll say about it. I know how it sounds, admittedly it does read laughable, but it happened and it's evidence to me. Not enough for any scientific conclusions obviously, but surely enough for me to grant possibilities where I humored none before.

As for you claiming ghosts are impossible:

"Being open minded doesn't mean you believe everything is possible, people still need a reason to think something is possible, and nothing so far, including your cats, has changed my mind on that".

There you go. If you don't believe ghosts are possible until you've been provided evidence to believe they may be, then you are viewing them as impossible until that time arrives. You don't need to explicitly state it, your logic directly implies it.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY

You knew exactly how it was going to be received, that's the exact reason you didn't mention it. Of course you're going to be laughed at when you say your witnesses that can verify your ghost story claims are two cats. Unless you came into possession of two talking cats that is a silly claim to make.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Believe me I searched for an explanation, it was not an immediate jump to "ghosts!". This was a cat I was looking at, I was unblinking, and it vanished. Have you ever seen something evaporate into air right before you? Frodo putting the ring on, POOF. It's a fairly dead-on portrayal. I wasn't asleep. There was light. It didn't run past me. It was as still as a statue. It simply disappeared. But this is all I'll say about it. I know how it sounds, admittedly it does read laughable, but it happened and it's evidence to me. Not enough for any scientific conclusions obviously, but surely enough for me to grant possibilities where I humored none before.

As for you claiming ghosts are impossible:

"Being open minded doesn't mean you believe everything is possible, people still need a reason to think something is possible, and nothing so far, including your cats, has changed my mind on that".

There you go. If you don't believe ghosts are possible until you've been provided evidence to believe they may be, then you are viewing them as impossible until that time arrives. You don't need to explicitly state it, your logic directly implies it.

I don't believe you. What research did you do? It obviously wasn't very much because you're still not accepting that it could have been a trick of the mind which is far more likely. You're not being open minded at all, you're assuming ghosts. Again, why aren't you assuming a living cat that's only visible in dull light and turns invisible under full light? You ignored that question. I never said you were asleep or that it ran past you.

And again, where did I say ghosts were impossible? That quote you have picked isn't me saying ghosts are impossible, that's not how logic works. If say "there are an even numbe of blades of grass in the world" are you expected to believe me until it's proven false? There could be an even number if blades of grass but there could also be an odd number. I'd need proof to believe any claim on that matter. Is something hot just because it hasn't been proven to be cold?

You are literally arguing against things I never said while ingnoring the questions I'm asking you.

You're not having an honest discussion here at all.

Last edited:

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
You say you saw an orange cat inside a standing shower stall? Presumably, through the glass shower door? Sounds to me like a trick of light, reflecting or refracting in the glass door, that took the shape of a cat. That would explain why it disappeared as soon as you turned the full bathroom light on too.

It's entirely possible your cats saw the same thing and became spooked when they saw it "disappear".

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
You say you saw an orange cat inside a standing shower stall? Presumably, through the glass shower door? Sounds to me like a trick of light, reflecting or refracting in the glass door, that took the shape of a cat. That would explain why it disappeared as soon as you turned the full bathroom light on too.

It's entirely possible your cats saw the same thing and became spooked when they saw it "disappear".

Or the more reasonable explanation.

Ghost.

Oct 27, 2017
But why ghosts? Why not some wizard fucking with you casting illusions? Why not a gremlin up to their usual hijinks? Maybe Loki is just screwing with you given he is the God of Mischief.
If you're going to believe a ghost is responsible than you can't rule this stuff out as well.
Or it could just be, ya know, house creaks, things expanding and/or settling, the lighting causing you to see things that aren't there, and other mundane explanations.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
People are so invested in telling other people that they don't believe in ghosts.

It's fine guys. Just let people have their interesting experience. You don't need to aggressively disprove them while being condescending. I'm sure you're very logical people.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Oh come on.

This isn't testimony of a murder by cats, give me a break. I know how you're trying to frame this. Their response was the basic instinctual actions (which I find far more trustworthy and genuine than of humans which are usually filled with ulterior and deceptive motives).

I'm the furthest thing from an expert, but:

This sounds like your mind making you see something as a product of guilt. For the first six months of my daughter's life I constantly dreamed about her getting hurt and heard actual phantom cries while I was awake. I was terrified of SIDS. 6 months is regarded as the cutoff point for SIDS, and my nightmares soon ended after that. Seriously, your brain really can mess with how you perceive the world.

I imagine your cats may have been on edge because they're close to you and play off of how you're feeling.

Dec 31, 2017
Mexico
You knew exactly how it was going to be received, that's the exact reason you didn't mention it. Of course you're going to be laughed at when you say your witnesses that can verify your ghost story claims are two cats. Unless you came into possession of two talking cats that is a silly claim to make.

I would be more scared of a talking cat than a ghost

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
People are so invested in telling other people that they don't believe in ghosts.

It's fine guys. Just let people have their interesting experience. You don't need to aggressively disprove them while being condescending. I'm sure you're very logical people.

I have no problem with people believing whatever they want as long as they don't hurt anyone. My posts are for two reasons:

1) I have been exposed to mold and CO, and I was concerned that OP may have been as well.

2) Understanding that there were logical reasons as to what I saw reduced my anxiety in general.

OP also owns a gun, so he should ensure that he is in a clear state of mind in order to fufill his duty as a responsible gun owner. Not trying to be condescending, but he did bring a gun into his son's room over this.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
To those that aren't familiar with Occam's razor, the main idea is that "the simplest explanation is usually the correct one", or "the explanation that makes the least assumptions is usually correct".
To blame a strange phenomenon on ghosts sounds simple in the sense that it's simpler to say; length-wise that is. But it comes loaded with countless assumptions.

Ghosts exist; souls exist; humans at some point evolved souls; other animals either did or did not evolve souls; ghosts are ethereal but somehow mimic brain chemistry; ghosts are intangible but can somehow interact with matter at will; ghosts ignore gravity, but also are affected by the earth and suns gravity, keeping them localized; ghosts are invisible, but sometimes photons can bounce off of something, making them visible; the ghosts of everyone who died prior to recorded history, or even just the last thousand or hundred years, disappeared; et cetera, et cetera.

And maybe these assumptions aren't required for your idea of a ghost—especially since ghosts in different cultures have different rules. But any claim that "ghosts are responsible" is going to come with loads of assumptions baked in. The more assumptions, the less likely it is to be true.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

If we KNOW it wasn't a ghost? Man. It wasn't a ghost.

It's 2018. And people still think there's a burden of proof on people to prove ghosts aren't real. And how do we do that exactly when believers will deny everything and still claim it was ghosts no matter what they're told.

There is literally not a single page of scientific research that supports the existence of ghosts.

For real, ghost stories are cool and everything and I enjoy reading them but they're fictional. Often experiences become exaggerated because you're actively looking for them and believing they're ghosts.

I'm not saying people are lying about the experiences they've had - because they've happened with completely explainable causes, or their experience is what it seemed like to them. But it ain't ghosts.

Edit: or am I missing sarcasm in this thread? I mean we have people claiming cats are corroborating witnesses but he seems to genuinely think they are rather than playing a character.

Oct 25, 2017
For people in video production / editing, or who just know the answer:

I read once that a lot of video recordings can nearly be dismissed out of hand because the tapes are used, and then re-used on a daily basis (like in a store, or a bank, or even at a home). If the media isn't digital, "ghosting" -- that is, images of people who appear ghost-like, see-through, etc -- is actually an artifact from a previously recording of a person that was not "cleanly" wiped from the media. I find this a pretty believable and scientifically convincing thing to allow ready dismissal of any "evidence" coming from analog mediums, but admittedly I don't know well enough how "tape" works to say for sure. I know that images are essentially "burned" into the tape by way of a chemical reaction when it comes to things like photographs, which is why old photographic evidence is more "clean" (so far as you can show that the image has not been doctored, which these days is probably really difficult to do when you know what you're doing).

Anyway, I don't think digital recording sources would have this same issue, *but* any digital source is going to open itself much more directly to tampering.

edit: I should state for the lurkers who come in here just to poop on people for discussing ghosts; I'm an atheist and don't believe in the supernatural at all. But I damn sure enjoy spoopy talk.

Deleted member 25709

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I fear the OP won't come back if he continues to be ridiculed. I'd really like to see where all this ends up.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
people are rational and don't believe in ghosts, and people have a rational disbelief in ghosts that is attached to an irrational fear of the existence of the unknown. getting those willies can be an unconscious and involuntary.

but it's natural. plus there's so much that we don't know about existence, who is to say that ghosts don't have some scientific, energetic explanation?

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii

When do cats need to speak to indicate something they experienced? They reacted to something they saw, they didn't need to speak of it. What is silly to claim that animals react to events in the world? Simply because it's about something you find incredulous? Yes, of course they need to be talking!

I don't believe you. What research did you do? It obviously wasn't very much because you're still not accepting that it could have been a trick of the mind which is far more likely. You're not being open minded at all, you're assuming ghosts. Again, why aren't you assuming a living cat that's only visible in dull light and turns invisible under full light? You ignored that question. I never said you were asleep or that it ran past you.
I accept all, it is you who doesn't. I believe one more than the other based on circumstances at the time. If this is a matter of semantics, then would "paranormal" be more comfortable for you and every other arrogant condescending user coming at me telling me what I know or don't know? Because a cat visible in dull light and invisible in full is on the same wave length.

And again, where did I say ghosts were impossible? That quote you have picked isn't me saying ghosts are impossible, that's not how logic works. If say "there are an even numbe of blades of grass in the world" are you expected to believe me until it's proven false? There could be an even number if blades of grass but there could also be an odd number. I'd need proof to believe any claim on that matter. Is something hot just because it hasn't been proven to be cold?

You're not having an honest discussion here at all.

It is exactly how logic works, you're simply attempting to weasel your way out for being accountable for your own argument. Possible and impossible are binary, there are no shades, and when you claim through implication all is impossible until you see evidence to give you reason to believe it is possible (which is precisely what you're saying in that paragraph), sorry, there is no weasel room.

Not through a glass door. It was a standing shower with a curtain pulled to the side. Whatever it was, it was a cat as real as you or I have ever seen. No more than 10 feet away.

But why ghosts? Why not some wizard fucking with you casting illusions? Why not a gremlin up to their usual hijinks? Maybe Loki is just screwing with you given he is the God of Mischief.

If you're going to believe a ghost is responsible than you can't rule this stuff out as well.
Or it could just be, ya know, house creaks, things expanding and/or settling, the lighting causing you to see things that aren't there, and other mundane explanations.

Could be anything, sure.

I don't know why people believe I'm so opposed to other options, the reason I attributed this to a ghost sighting is 1) this is a thread discussing hauntings so I thought it the best place to put it, and 2) my experience just so happened to align with what has traditionally been known about ghost sightings. If there were certain known criteria of illusions from fucking wizards and hijinks from gremlins up to their usual shit, then perhaps I'd be attributing it to that instead.

What do you consider more more likely: that a phenomenon that appears to share similar characteristics across the board stems from a singular core cause, or that all these similar experiences are caused by any number of crazy things such as gremlins and wizards that are all in on the same joke? In terms of the plausible or implausible, one is more likely than the other.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How come skeptics have to come up with crazy far fetched circumstances to dismiss evidence of this phenomenon?

The leaps of logic I've seen skeptics make is above and beyond believing in ghosts.

Not saying ghosts are the cause, but honestly there is probably a more realistic and plausible answer than the shit skeptics come up with to disprove each and every occurrence.

And then when they can't come up with an answer? It's fake.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
and people have a rational disbelief in ghosts that is attached to an irrational fear of the existence of the unknown.

Explain. I don't believe in ghosts, and it has nothing to do with fearing the existence of the unknown. Furthermore, from a survivalist perspective, it is rational to fear the existence unknown (though there is also the physiological component to it), as that's how we've managed to survive as a species, so I find your statement to be very confusing.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
My cat loved staring at our headboard right between the wife and I. Really creeped us out until we found birds nested in the wall, then it was just an annoyance.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Explain. I don't believe in ghosts, and it has nothing to do with fearing the existence of the unknown. Furthermore, from a survivalist perspective, it is rational to fear the existence unknown (though there is also the physiological component to it), as that's how we've managed to survive as a species, so I find your statement to be very confusing.
maybe you're part of group a instead of group b...

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
How come skeptics have to come up with crazy far fetched circumstances to dismiss evidence of this phenomenon?

The leaps of logic I've seen skeptics make is above and beyond believing in ghosts.

Not saying ghosts are the cause, but honestly there is probably a more realistic and plausible answer than the shit skeptics come up with to disprove each and every occurrence.

Because peculiar phenomena tend to stand out due to unusual circumstances, and unusual circumstances can be difficult to figure out and/or explain. If it was a normal occurrence, it wouldn't be newsworthy, nor would it likely be as difficult to figure out and/or explain.

If you witness a strange event that you can't explain, chances are the actual reason for the event would not have been very intuitive for you, because had it been, you probably would have figured it out.

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
I'm the furthest thing from an expert, but:

This sounds like your mind making you see something as a product of guilt. For the first six months of my daughter's life I constantly dreamed about her getting hurt and heard actual phantom cries while I was awake. I was terrified of SIDS. 6 months is regarded as the cutoff point for SIDS, and my nightmares soon ended after that. Seriously, your brain really can mess with how you perceive the world.

I imagine your cats may have been on edge because they're close to you and play off of how you're feeling.

Maybe, but to be honest I didn't give a damn about this shithead. Pissing all over the furniture and whatnot. He had his moments I guess, but if I were him I'd probably come back and haunt my old pissing grounds too. Just in his nature.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018

Simply untrue. There is little that is "beyond" believing in ghosts. Anything that violates the known laws of physics is the least likely explanation. I'd argue that ghosts violate the first and second laws of thermodynamics and clearly don't respect gravity if they can simply phase through material but don't fall through the ground.

There's also no definitive recordings of them despite much of the world being covered in cameras.

Rivi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You've never owned an animal in your life if you think that lmao animals are very sensitive to things like that. Tell me if you saw a man in your room move left to right and you see your dog barking while also moving it's head left to right it must be black mold! Seriously skeptics are the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.