June 2019 comic solicitations
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Another one of these shorts that was on the Go app.

I tell you what, that Rosette Nebula looks like she's related to Twilight lol!

Now I'm thinking of that one arc from Boruto, except with Twilight finding a picture of her father with Rosette.

Pretty straightforward short, but honestly, Timber silently helping out did more to make me appreciate his romance with SciTwi than anything else so far. (SciSet is still superior).

People were using images from this earlier as evidence that the science fair chapter book would be adapted into animation, but it looks like that won't happen after all.

June comic solicitations

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #79
    Sam Maggs (w) • Toni "Pencils" Kuusisto (a & CVR A) • Sara Richard (CVR B) • Justina Babinska (1:10 RI CVR)
    MLP_FiM_79.png

It's the anniversary of the founding of Ponyville-which means it's time for a celebration! With a surprise show in store for Mayor Mare, it's up to Twilight and Apple Bloom to keep the festivities a secret... but that might be hard in a town like Ponyville, where you never know who might show up!

My Little Pony: Spirit of the Forest #2 (of 3)
    Ted Anderson (w) • Brenda Hickey (a & CVR A) • Tony Fleecs (CVR B) • Kate Sherron (1:10 RI CVR)
    MLP_SotF_2.png

Strange things are happening in the woods around Ponyville! When ponies start seeing weird shapes, hearing unknown sounds, and losing the tools they need to work, all signs point to a mysterious monster! But it couldn't actually be the Spirit of the Forest-right?!

Wow, that's another comic drawn by Pencils. It's still crazy that a brony artist is getting this much work, especially when I understand he's still drawing his fairly lewd MLP fan comics.

As for the story, it seems like a nice cool down story after the Cosmos arc.

I'm still not sure about the story of Spirit of the Forest, but that cover is really cute, especially with that Scootaloo. Honestly, that may have just pushed me into buying these comics after all.

Comic - Synergy: A Hasbro Creators Showcase
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream announcements, we actually have two streams during these weekdays, on both Thursday at 5 PM PT, and Friday at the old time of 9:30 PM PT, with Sylvee running the latter.

On Thursday, we'll be starting a new anime, Infinite Ryvius, which notably has a pretty significant number of MLP VAs. It's a Lord of the Flies style story, but in SPACE, and with a lot more characters. We're watching the first four episodes.

~~~

Getting ready for the season 9 OT on Friday night, and here's my character guides.
    guide_season9_mains.png

guide_season9_side_png.png

guide_season9_eqg_png.png

~~~

Synergy: A Hasbro Creators Showcase
    This is a special showcase of IDW's woman creators with several short stories related to Transformers, Jem, GI Joe, My Little Pony, and Transformers again. The first three stories are in-universe stories, and the last two are autobiographical, and the more interesting of the lot, I feel.

Katie Cook's story is about her time with MLP G1 in the 80's, how she got started with the comic, and how her children interact with G4. It's very cute.
    medium.jpeg

They aren't fans of Applejack.

unknown.png

EQG - Five Stars
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Finally! We got the name of the town! It's Canterlot.

Pinkie bribing that woman with SciTwi was a good gag. Otherwise, it's a pretty standard "Pinkie is annoying" story, and is alright.

Actually, wait, I was just bribed in the chat with SciTwi. It's a fantastic short, must watch.

Also, Fleur de Lis has a valley girl voice in Dougworld. Weird.

Comic - Friendship is Magic #83
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream announcement, we're watching the 1991 The Addams Family movie.

~~~

Well, back to this thread for news posts and reviews

Friendship is Magic #83
    The subject of this story is a town that holds tortoise races, which Rainbow wanted to submit Tank to, but she couldn't make it, so Twilight and Spike are taking him. They arrive to find the race might be canceled, because the champion has gone missing. Thus, Twilight goes on the case.
    empty_town.png

This is an odd issue. I can tell what it's going for, and it largely succeeds at that, but there are a bunch of strange things about it.

First of all, bets. Twilight explains that ponies place friendly bets on these races, which already stood out to me. I just didn't expect something aimed at kids to talk about betting like this. Then they keep bringing up the bets throughout the story.

Screenshot_2019-10-16-17-51-04.png

There are a couple typos and grammatical errors, more so than usual for this series.

At one point, Twilight's detective costume completely changes colors for no apparent reason; it stays like that for the rest of the issue. There are also some odd shots.
    low_angle_view.png

And there are other things I don't recall at the moment.

In any case, this is going for a full Sherlock Holmes pastiche, complete with a pony named Leigh Stride (the one above) and other ponies named after Holmes figures, and it largely works as that, particularly once Twilight gets her full Holmes outfit. The mystery is more advanced than those of Ponyville Mysteries, but still pretty simple.
    Screenshot_2019-10-16-23-38-45.png

Oh right, Silver Quill's review reminds me. Spike is inexplicably without wings, when he had wings in previous issues, and he's oddly off screen in several panels where he's talking. With Silver Quill pointing out that some Spike panels are clearly using shots from the show as reference, it's obvious that the artist had trouble drawing him.
    expectant_spike_comparison.png

I liked Twilight in this story. She's polite and empathetic to everyone and she figures out the mystery without ever coming off as dumb.

Overall, despite flaws, I found this an enjoyable comic.

~~~

And some art, left over from last week. Still not getting to finale art, let alone art posted after the finale.
    1.Oh dang its ponies by Neon-oni on DeviantArt - Mane Six
    2.Sunburst and Twilight dressed as Starswirl in front of him by goodmode
    3.Ocellus and Smolder by Kerui8D on DeviantArt
    4.Twilight saying <3 by tohupo
    5.Sunset Shimmer by Flora-GlassYT on DeviantArt
    2161132.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.Follow Your Dream by ChaosAngelDesu on DeviantArt - Starlight
    2.Early Morning: Rainbow Dash by TheNornOnTheGo on DeviantArt
    3.Bevin's Scribbles — Doodled while talking to friends recently. As... - SciTwi X Sunset art drawn by someone who worked on the show!
    4.Pinkie, Rarity, and Opal tea party by chau_plum
    5.Rarity 10 7 2019 by tohupo on DeviantArt
    medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.EQG Applejack X Rarity by 5mmumm5
    2.Rarity X Twilight by _zunpop
    3.EQG Pinkie X Sunset by 5mmumm5
    4.july by mirroredsea on DeviantArt - Rarity
    5.Fly! by Yakovlev-vad on DeviantArt - Fluttershy rescuing butterflies from an OC collector
    medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.SciTwi X Sunset under a tree by 5mmumm5
    2.SciTwi X Sunset reading magazines by 5mmumm5
    3.Make a Wish: Fluttershy by TheNornOnTheGo on DeviantArt
    4.aphrodite horse by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt - Cadance
    5.Buttercup by Flora-GlassYT on DeviantArt
    medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Pinkie GIF by dstears
    2.Starlight X Trixie by dstears
    3.Tempest Shadow by ZidaneMina on DeviantArt
    4.Mwah~ by waterz-colrxz on DeviantArt - Ocellus X Gallus
    5.SciTwi X Sunset with a cat by 5mmumm5
    2164006.gif

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.MLPONYTA by iMoshie on DeviantArt - MLP-ified Ponyta
    2.Peace was never an option by handgunboi on DeviantArt - Luna and Goose
    3.Trixie putting up poster by dstears
    4.Yona by trickate
    5.Twilight not saying <3 by tohupo
    medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Pinkie by tohupo
    2.Rarilight with Kannazuki no Miko ED parody by KinGKerO on DeviantArt
    3.Twilight and Rarity react to Monochromatic's book by kingkero
    4.Commission - Lunar Rebellion 2 by GashibokA on DeviantArt - Luna vs. Daybreaker
    5.Twilight Velvet and Night Light by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt
    medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

Comic - January 2020 solicitation
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    In Round 1 Match 4, surprisingly enough, we currently have a tie between "Monday Blues" and "Battle".

Round 1, Match 5
    A. Photo Booth

B. Hearth's Warming Eve is Here Once Again

C. Welcome Song

D. Bats

E. Cheese Confesses

On request, the holiday album songs and others have been added to the contest, and thus the later groups have all been rearranged. Here's the spreadsheet again.

~~~

Completely forgot to post this. January comic solicitation.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #86
    Mary Kenney (w) • Casey Coller (a) • Kate Sherron (CVR A) • Sara Richard (CVR B) • Christina-Antoinette Neofotistou "castpixel" (1:10 RI CVR)
    STL141474.jpg

When painfully shy Marble Pie tries to make friends at school, she ends up panicking and agreeing to throw a party instead! Good thing she's got a sister who's known for throwing just about the most amazing parties in all of Equestria-wait, it's not supposed to be Maud!
    Estimated Street Date: January 22nd, 2020

I suppose we're only going to get one FiM series. It only makes sense; the show is over. In any case, this story looks fun. I wonder if this is a flashback, if Marble is going to a university like Maud, or if Marble is just going to high school for reasons.

Comic - Feats of Friendship #2
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream announcement, we're watching the following on Thursday, Halloween.
    1. Halloweentown

Just one movie, that I can easily step away from to answer the door.

~~~

Round 1 Match 6 has a three-way race between "Embrace the Magic", "Friendship Games (Intro)", and "Pinkie the Party Planner", in order from most to least votes (last two tied). I'm surprised, because before this, I considered "Embrace the Magic" a very forgettable song.

Round 1 Match 7
    A. Babs Seed

B. Dance Magic

C. Equestria Girls ("California Gurls" parody)

D. You Gotta Share

E. Shake Things Up

This will be another close one, it seems. All of these songs are appealing in their own ways, so it will come down to personal taste... more than usual, I mean.

~~~

New Feats of Friendship comic finally came out!

Feats of Friendship #2
    Last we left off, Swift Foot revealed to the reader that she's the Storm King's daughter.

Now, the Feats of Friendship itself has started. Swift Foot is surprised her goading hasn't broken the Student Six, so during the games, she continues doing it, and by the end of the issue, it seems like that did the trick. It doesn't help that the Mane Six aren't pulling their punches for the Feats. Two of the three involve big monsters, and one involves a hidden true objective that Gallus figures out but the others don't listen to him.
    sitting_togther.png

The big reveal of this issue is that there were actually four different pony tribes at the founding of Equestria on Hearth's Warming. For currently unknown reasons, King Thrace's faction (seemingly also earth ponies) was excluded and he went on to found the island nation of Thrace. This is a pretty classic type of retcon, and I'm sure it will be revealed he was a jerk and that's why he was left out. I'm curious what the connection is to the Storm King. Swift Foot mentions he "didn't need anyone's help to survive the storm", so I assume he was the original Storm King and the one we know took his title.
    king_thrace.png

thracians_history.png

I thought it was realistic for the Students to get past the issues they had last issue, but for it to guide their actions here. Yona speaks yak despite no one understanding her. Both Smolder and Silverstream push back against Gallus taking charge. Ocellus is upset Silverstream transforming is OK but she needs to get permission so people don't freak out. Sandbar says things are bogus.
    swift_foot_manipulation.png

other_ideas.png

The Feats we saw seemed fun. Gathering apples but then an orthos comes barreling in. The teams have to build bridges, but it turns out they each only have enough material if they all work together. Last we see, the teams have to get a chimera into a cage, though oddly we don't see the other teams for this.
    chimera_appear.png

Ocellus is shown to be way more OP than she is in the show, if that concerns you.

Overall, this is a transition chapter, but I enjoyed it.

This miniseries is only 3 issues long, which is a shame. And this is the final miniseries as far as we know.

From Silver Quill's review, this page I didn't pay much attention to has tons of details in the background. Every pony in the stands is actually distinct, and included recognizable characters, including Sunset Shimmer.

~~~

Look what I got in the mail!
    20191030_190141.jpg

EQG - Holidays Unwrapped
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Holidays Unwrapped
    Well, here it is, the final G4 special that we know of. And this is actually a collection of shorts anyway.
    30 minutes to school and they decide to put all their effort into faking a snow day instead of preparing more for the test. SMH, Pony Principal Twilight would be disappointed.
    Pinkie vs. raccoon
    Fluttershy's bunny ear cap is cute.
    Woah WTF Sunset can read a snowflake's mind.
    I'd have been disappointed if their plan actually worked.

Pinkie lists off her friends' names, and Zecora exists in EQG?
    Hey, the Dance Magic stick figure art style is back.
    Watch out! Anti-government protests!
    Hey, Photo Finish.
    RIP Trixie.
    LOL, Twilight dragging herself through the snow in slo-mo.
    RIP Winona.
    Sunset using her video game skills to stomp a snowball.
    Flash coming to help now. RIP Flash.
    RIP Sunset.
    LOL, that snow covered side of her face.
    Rarity just using her shield.
    That was a fun one.

These are out of order, I guess. Was snowing before, now there's zero snow.
    Flam Flam Apple rivalry showing up in EQG. Before, Flim and Flam didn't seem to have any particular connection to the Apples.
    Oh, so that's all those pet worm screencaps I saw before amounted to?
    Another montage.
    Wait, the Apples were fooled by the standees too?

Spy movie parody too. And there are actual computers in this world, so it makes sense to have a hacker and spy tools!
    SciTwi brings up network concerns.
    Didn't think AJ would be so insistent about using their powers.
    Oh, so this is where the Thanos transformation comes in.
    Figured Twilight's plans would be to just call Celestia.

Background human hugs!
    Twilight looks menacing.
    Extended Rainbow and Zephyr interactions.
    That woman at the front of the line is so disappointed.
    Rainbow (talking to self): "But only because you love Fluttershy"
    Oh, so that's where that image of Rarity blushing while reading comes from.

Rainbow: "I could barely function. Wait, was that a math pun?"
    And Twilight follows up with another math pun.
    A third montage!
    Oh, so here's where the fruit and vegetable costumes come in.
    Could have just put the costumes on at the photoshoot area.
    They don't look bad, so weird that they'd get so much laughter.
    Well, I guess that works as an ending for EQG.

Oh, new writer, I think. Anna Christopher.

Overall, I found it just alright. The snowball fight short was the best.

Last edited:
    Comic - Friendship is Magic #84
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Oh right, a comic came out yesterday.

Friendship is Magic #84
    In this story, Twilight assigns her class a project so they can show what they learned without using a test. Ocellus goes overboard and overworks herself, but then finds a good balance.
    346creatures.png

Pretty straightforward story, but I thought it was nice. Despite one of the covers and the synopsis, Twilight doesn't actually appear much in this story. If I had to choose who to list as a focus character other than Ocellus, it would be Silverstream. She's the one who shows the most concern for Ocellus, and is also... oddly affectionate throughout the story.
    Screenshot_2019-11-14-13-35-44.png

Screenshot_2019-11-14-13-35-59.png

Screenshot_2019-11-14-13-36-12.png

Screenshot_2019-11-14-13-39-44.png

Artwise, it's pretty cute, though Ocellus's transformations could be confusing at times. She does a bunch in a row, and this is shown by... just having all of the creatures she's transforming into in the same panel.
    dance_set1.png

Silver Quill's review has a lot more to say than I did, mainly stuff I noticed but blanked on bringing up. Twilight is presented really well here, with her recognizing her tendency to go overboard and working to fix that in herself and not encourage the same behavior in her students. Ocellus's problem, thinking she has to carry the burden of demonstrating how changelings have changed, is compelling. All the students are presented well here, including through visuals. Silver Quill also liked the way transformations were handled, unlike me. The big thing I didn't notice is how we got glimpses of the lessons in the school and they tied into the problem here, something the show bizarrely never did.

bear_lesson.png

Overall, this is a really nice but straightforward issue. There is a forced Saved by the Bell caffeine pill scene reference, though.

Comic - Feats of Friendship #3 (end)
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream announcement, we're watching the following.
    1. The Good Place - 5
    2. The Good Place - 6
    3. X-Files - 316 - Apocrypha

Next week's Thursday is Thanksgiving, meaning probably no stream then, but we'll see. Then after that we're in December, meaning Christmas streams. So this will probably be the last normal stream of the year.

~~~

Feats of Friendship #3 (end)
    Thus we reach the end of the miniseries, and it unexpectedly doesn't resolve Swift Foot's storyline, seemingly leaving it for the "season 10" comics coming later. Also I guess I was just mistaken about the Storm King symbol, since they don't mention him at all.

The Student Six fight and Swift Foot realizes she didn't actually want this. We get a flashback, which has a color filter that confused me at first, because only Swift Foot herself serves as a color reference, and I assumed at first that her hair is naturally a different color and she changed her hair when coming to Equestria, but I realized otherwise. Anyway, through the flashback, we see Swift Foot's sisters, who have nice designs.
    evil_sisters.png

The king of Thrace, Diomedes, decides for... reasons, that they need to break up the Student Six in order to demonstrate that friendship is weak. He already has a full write-up of them and forged documentation for Swift Foot to use. It's a bit contrived and a bit inexplicable, but it works well enough for MLP's setting I suppose.
    diomedes_plan.png

Back in the present, we get a really nice sequence of the Students all making up with each other, despite Swift Foot being sure this would be the breaking point. It turns out the others actually had been learning Yakkish, though they still can't speak it well, and everyone apologizes to each other, all without realizing Swift Foot's role in their fight.
    mayo_trout_bike.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-20-17-47-28-1.png

They then team up to fight an illusory hydra and easily take it out by working together, though Ocellus does most of the work by turning into a hydra herself. Seriously, Ocellus has been pretty OP this miniseries.
    ocellus_as_hydra.png

During the award ceremony, Swift Foot is absent. She decides to go back to Thrace, hoping to convince them that friendship is good.
    ponyville_cg.png

Overall, I thought this was a really good miniseries. It was nice to see more exploration of the conflicts that would naturally come from different species mingling and becoming friends for the first time, and Swift Foot is an interesting character. In retrospect, I'm a bit surprised we never got a "villain is befriended who then has to face their former superiors" character in FiM before; that was actually fairly common back in the first G1 cartoon.

Silver Quill's review mentions the Mares of Thrace of Greek mythology, who Hercules / Heracles had to tame in one of his Labors. They were fierce man-eating horses, which explains why Thrace is anti-friendship here in MLP. Even the names of Swift Foot and her sisters are all references to the Mares of Thrace: Podargos (the swift), Lampon (the shining), Xanthos (the yellow) and Deinos (the terrible). MLP-ified, they are Swift Foot, Shining Light, Blonn Di, and Terri Belle. And of course, the king, Diomedes, is named after the man who owned the Mares of Thrace. Clever. Though Blonn Di and Terri Belle still aren't good names.

He also points out that Swift Foot realizing she was wrong on her own is better than her being rescued by the Student Six and realizing they're good that way, which indeed is a direction they easily could have gone.

go_team.png

Silver Quill is suspicious about whether we'll get a followup, given past plot threads that have been dropped, but I think we'll see Thrace and its mares again.

~~~

Watched the The Toys That Made Us episode about MLP
    The Toys that Made Us MLP episode was pretty good. Best of the season, I'd say.
    I was worried they'd focus too much on G4, but they spent the perfect amount of time on it. It was also a pretty good move getting Lauren Faust in early as just a G1 fan, explaining how girls played with the toys.

~~~

Round 1 Match 26 features "At the Gala" in the lead, with "Rules of Rarity" in second.

Round 1 Match 27
    A. Piggy Dance

B. Find a Pet

C. Silent Night

D. One More Day

E. Under Our Spell

~~~

Though it's still pretty clearly robotic, this is still impressive. If this is gone, it's an automated version of Twilight's voice reading the marine copypasta.

Last edited:
    Comic - February 2020 solicitation
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

EJ8Id54VUAAPhEB.jpg

Note that AJ is wearing a white undershirt, which can be hard to tell like this. Frills and high heels really kill this otherwise good design, I feel.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #87
    Ted Anderson (w) • Tony Fleecs (a & CVR A) • Sara Richard (CVR B) • Muffy Levy (1:10 RI CVR)
    STL144833.jpg

Strap in, sports fans, because it's time for the biggest race in Equestria-the Draytona Breach 500! And where there's a race, there's Rainbow Dash, ready to be trained by the most unlikely of ponies... Big Macintosh?! Meanwhile, a plunderer of ancient antiquities known as Sacks Roamer throws a wrench into the competition when he steals a priceless artifact. It promises to be the fast and the furriest in this brand-new My Little Pony adventure!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Estimated Street Date: February 19th, 2020

Not feeling this story, but that cover is gorgeous.

Pony Life EQG toys; Comic - Holiday Special 2019
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. MST3K - 321 - Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Along with a special Thanksgiving message from Wednesday Addams before it.

~~~

Oh hey, it turns out we're getting G4.5 Equestria Girls toys too. This makes it more likely we'll get a Pony Life Equestria Girls animation.
    EKai3XCXkAEwT-y.jpg

Pony%2BLife%2BEquestria%2BGirls%2BDolls%2B%25284%2529.PNG

Pony%2BLife%2BEquestria%2BGirls%2BDolls%2B%25283%2529.PNG

Funnily, these toys more closely resemble the normal G4 Equestria Girls designs than the previous toys. Well, aside from Celestia and Luna looking better here than in the animation. Also, Starlight and Sunset confirmed.

~~~

Holiday Special 2019
    This issue contains two stories.

First, Rarity has made promises to attend two different parties and also to spend time with an injured Applejack. Then, when Spike joins her on her trips, they also have to get back to Ponyville in time for a fireworks show. Things get in the way and they don't get to enjoy any of these, and Rarity realizes she should have just focused on one.
    unknown.png

Second, the Student Six are misbehaving during the time of school between "Harvest Time" and Hearth's Warming, so Pinkie tells them about Krumple Horn (Krampus), who takes away naughty children. With Discord's help, they scare the Students into focusing on school.
    story_2_krumple_horn_legend.png
    story_2_ocellus_taken.png

Probably shouldn't have gone with that color of brown for the mud.

Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of either story. With the first, not much interesting happens. It's entirely carried by Andy Price being good at drawing ponies, and avalanches. Spike also comes off as a jerk.
    princesses_appear.png
    chiffon_ruffles.png

In the second, it seems pretty out of character for Twilight, Pinkie, and Fluttershy to scare their students into behaving. It does have pretty cute art, though.
    story_2_feel_bad.png

Silver Quill's review doesn't add much to what I said.

starlight_nutcracker.png

This is Starlight's only appearance.

~~~

"Magical Mystery Cure" aired in Japan

Apparently "Best Gift Ever", the post season 8 holiday special, also aired in Japanese. However, the Japanese network MLP was on is going off the air soon, so I imagine we won't get a season 4 dub.

~~~

Round 1 Match 33 features "Hearts As Strong As Horses" in the lead, with "Acadeca" and "Raise This Barn" tied for second.

Round 1 Match 34
    A. Derby Racers

B. This Is Our Big Night

C. Life is a Runway

D. Hope Shines Eternal

E. My Little Pony Friends (original planned EQG1 end credits song)

Comic - March 2020 solicitations
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    IDW comic March 2020 solicitations. Yes, plural this time.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #88
    Ted Anderson (w) • Tony Fleecs (a & CVR A) • Sara Richard (CVR B) • Yancey Labat (1:10 RI CVR)
    MLP88-coverB.jpg

The conclusion of Ted Anderson's exciting two-part adventure is here!

The Draytona Breach has begun! Big McIntosh and Silver Streak are racing to determine the fate of their friendship; Rainbow Dash is racing to prove herself (again!); and Sacks Roamer is racing to retrieve his stolen goods in order to get them across the Yakyakistani border! Who's going to come out on top?

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

LCS Order Due Date: January 18th, 2020

Estimated Street Date: March 11th, 2020

My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Canterlot High: March Radness—SPOTLIGHT
    Danny Djeljosevic, Toni "Pencils" Kuusisto, Christina Rice (w) • Toni "Pencils" Kuusisto (a & CVR A) • Tony Fleecs (1:10 RI CVR)
    equestriagirls_special_cover_Toni_Kuusisto.jpg

Spring has sprung, and your favorite Equestria girls are back with three brand-new adventures! Celebrate March Radness with the Spring Athletic event, a visit by the famous A.K. Yearling herself, and... detention?! Return to Canterlot High, where mischief, fun, and friendship collide!

FC • 48 pages • $5.99

LCS Order Due Date: January 18th, 2020

Estimated Street Date: March 18th, 2020

I can't say I'm excited that Big Mac racing story is actually a two-parter.

Interesting that EQG is getting another one shot, and given that, that it doesn't appear to be an attempt at a finale. Also, it's drawn and surprisingly even partially written by pencils.

Also, for Free Comic Book Day, we got a preview of the April comic.

MLP_FCBD2020-cover-2-675x1024.jpg

A new era of My Little Pony begins! Join Twilight Sparkle as she attempts to raise the sun in her first act as the new Princess of Equetria, in a new tale by writer Jeremy Whitley and artist Trish Forstner!

This is the start of "Season 10", and it's starting the day after the coronation. Sucks for Twilight that it sounds like things go bad on her first day.

~~~

The Gameloft game added epilogue stuff, flavoring it as Lyra and Bon Bon having to deal with time travelers.

This update includes...
    medium.png

medium.png

(1, 2)

Note that Starlight x Sunburst is also hinted.
    medium.png

That's one hinted ship I'll feel free to disregard.

~~~

I've been slacking on art posts.

1.Flutters by Scarletskitty12 on DeviantArt
    2.Twilight eating popcorn GIF by haltie
    3.Hearthstone and Book Horse by Robsa990 on DeviantArt - Twilight
    4.Twilight at a cafe by anticular
    5.MLP Maid Series:/ Pinkie Pie by Ipun on DeviantArt
    medium.jpeg

thumb.gif

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

1.T56 by Hierozaki on DeviantArt - Twilight
    2.Reindeer Fluttershy by CutePencilCase on DeviantArt
    3.Rainbow Dash Reindeer by CutePencilCase on DeviantArt
    4.MLP:YL - Fluttershy's Litter by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Children with Discord
    5.Twilight casting magic by tohupo
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.RARES!! by WanderingPegasus on DeviantArt
    2.Starlight! by Scarletskitty12 on DeviantArt
    3.Fluttershy by yanamosuda
    4.Older Twilight and Older Sunset (pony) by ohjeetorig - Official fan art
    5.Sci Twi Pokemon Trainer by iojknmiojknm on DeviantArt - Also Spike, Sunset, and Fluttershy
    medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Fluttershy by tohupo
    2.Twilight Sparkle Thing by Underpable on DeviantArt - Weird
    3.Applejack licking Pinkie by kurogewapony / poponkaponpon
    4.Daring Do in the jungle by twotail813
    5.Mercy Fluttershy by Anime-Equestria on DeviantArt - Overwatch cosplay
    medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Pat by ButterSprinkle on DeviantArt - Rainbow being petted GIF
    2.A kind Hearth's Warming by MusicFireWind on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    3.Human Rainbow by dcon
    4.Catlight by ButterSprinkle on DeviantArt - Twilight
    5.Older Fluttershy by musicfirewind
    medium.gif

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

1.Princess Celestia Digital Oil Painting 2019-09-18 by RavenDashPrime on DeviantArt
    2.CMC in a forest by serodart - They look older, but it isn't labeled as such
    3.Yona x Sandbar picnic by djkaskan
    4.Sunset sitting by sozglitch
    5.Mane Six by sirmasterdufel
    medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Pinkie breaking the fourth wall to eat food by zemlya
    2.Li'l Cheese using a trampoline to boop Older Twilight GIF by dstears
    3.Pinkie Pie playing music! (MLP fanart) by Spirit-Fire360 on DeviantArt
    4.Pinkie Alice in Wonderland by tingsan
    5.Prep school Sunset by 5mmumm5
    medium.jpeg

medium.gif

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

1.Pony SciTwi and Sunset in winter clothes by 5mmumm5
    2.Catlike Sunset surprised by a cucumber GIF by brutalweather studio
    3.rara by Mochietti on DeviantArt - Rarity
    4.Sunset Shimmer by FidzFox on DeviantArt
    5.Fluttershy by jojofassbender
    medium.jpeg

small.gif

medium.png

medium.jpeg

medium.jpeg

Comics

Ask Sunshine and Moonbeams - Dealing with winter by anticular
    tall.jpeg

They're Fighting by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - EQG CMC commenting on Rarity and Applejack
    tall.png

And I got a commission back from Bevin Brand (who worked on the show)

medium.jpeg

This was supposed to be a quick one-day sketch!

Comic - Friendship is Magic #85
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #85
    This issue has the framing story of Apple Bloom and Applejack getting caught in a giant spider web like idiots and Applejack telling her sister the story of one other time she was scared. One time, Applejack fell into a well, and was scared of swimming after that. Big Mac got into trouble, so Applejack faced her faces and swam out to rescue him. Then, the framing device is resolved when Apple Bloom shames the wolf fly-der that made the web into leaving.

I enjoyed the flashback story more than I expected from an Applejack story. It's simple and straightforward, but carried by some really cute pony art and some nice environmental art.
    Screenshot_2020-01-08-17-50-16.png

storm_at_pond.png

(Note those mares are Big Mac's relatives)

The framing story is pretty dumb, but not offensive, with Applejack and Apple Bloom tripping into a spider web. The wolf fly-der has a surprisingly lame design, which brings it down a lot. Plus it gets fended off in an odd way, and I'm not sure how well the framing story connects to Applejack's story.

wolf_fly-der_appear.png

Silver Quill's review is pretty positive, especially regarding the art.

~~~

Stream announcement, we're watching the following
    1. The Good Place - 203
    2. The Good Place - 204
    3. Infinity Train - 201-2 - The Black Market Car / The Family Tree Car
    4. Magia Record - 1 (subbed)

Infinity Train and Madoka Magica together again!

~~~

Round 4 Match 3 features "Helping Twilight Sparkle Win the Crown" in the lead.

Round 4 Match 4
    A. The Magic of Friendship Grows
    B. We'll Make Our Mark

Last edited:
    EQG - Remaining shorts
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Alright, so I think it's safe to assume Hasbro won't put the remaining EQG shorts on YouTube at this point, so I'll just watch them on Dailymotion.

Sock It To Me
    Rarity - Rarity calls Rainbow "doll". As always, the Rarity ending is the best one. Everyone celebrating the sock instead of Rainbow was a great ending.
    Trixie - Trixie's hat being her laundry back is cute. Huh, so Trixie is actually magic! I mean, her teleporting in Forgotten Friendship showed that, but still. Rainbow pulling a rabbit out and calling for Fluttershy is cute.
    Bulk Bicep - Not a fan of gags involving stinky stuff.

This was a good one, for the first two endings.

Tip Toppings
    Pinkie is going to a froyo shop instead of an ice cream shop. Is this in The Good Place?

Applejack - Applejack has to trick Pinkie into eating fruit, and it isn't even an apple.
    Twilight Sparkle - So they can just take all those toppings as samples? Glad Twilight was actually pretty quick about this. Well never mind, it melted, but it still looks fine to eat. Which Pinkie did.
    Fluttershy - I like how Pinkie completely ignores Fluttershy not to let her in. Surprised Pinkie didn't eat the squirrel-spit-covered acorns in the end.

I already reviewed Costume Conundrum a while ago, but here are the links.
    Applejack, Rarity, Sunset

And I reviewed the remaining song shorts already too.
    Let It Rain
    Cheer You On

Comic - Friendship is Magic #86
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #86
    This story involves Marble throwing a party that gets way more ponies than she expected, and Pinkie is too busy to help, so Maud has to be the one to set up her party. It's a cute concept, and there are several cute moments, but it's an oddly structured story with some unexpectedly large amounts of dialogue from Maud and Marble, and it doesn't do as much with the premise as I would have liked.
    3_pie_sisters.png

First of all, it takes a long time to get to the actual premise. Second, even once we get to Maud helping with Marble's party, it keeps cutting back to Pinkie making a cake or trying to get to the party. It really felt like the writer lacked confidence in filling an entire issue with the premise, or even half an issue. There's also a minor continuity issue with a flashback where Pinkie has her poofy hair but no cutie mark.
    pinkie_maud_young.png

I don't mind Marble and Maud talking so much, really. It's hard to write a story where Marble says nothing but, "Mm-hmm." I like the idea of Marble having Pinkie's tear waterfalls when crying. Also, she's apparently really popular.
    marble_cry.png

Though I wasn't a fan of the constant cutting back and forth between Maud and Pinkie, I liked the ending once Pinkie arrives at the party and we learn what twists Maud put on the party.
    praising_pinkie.png

Silver Quill's review is much more positive.

~~~

Rainbow Rocks is leaving Netflix on February 28. The first movie left a while ago and never came back, so I imagine it'll be the same for this.

~~~

1. The Good Place - 206
    2. The Good Place - 207
    3. Infinity Train - 205-6 - The Parasite Car / The Lucky Cat Car
    4. Magia Record - 3

~~~

In the semifinals, "This Day Aria" is easily beating "One More Day", but "Art of the Dress" and "Smile" are tied, so I'll leave voting open for a bit longer.

I've also been asked to include a vote for third place, so that will be coming next, then the final vote.

~~~

Read some MLP fics

Good story, and very effective at depicting Twilight and Spike in this situation. It was sad seeing her forget even her friends.

This is the third and final part of a series.

This was a nice melancholy ending to this tale. Twilight's desperation makes her feel unlikable at times, but also pretty real, as expected from something based on real life. Pinkie's songs were a lot of fun. I will say that there was some fat in the story that could have been trimmed, but it also fits the rambling nature of Twilight's thoughts. The part where Twilight is woken up by the alarm was also confusing.

Last edited:
    Comic - April 2020 solicitation
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    April comic solicitation, marking the start of Season 10!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #89—Season 10 Episode 1
    Jeremy Whitley (w) • Andy Price (a & CVR A) • Brenda Hickey (CVR B) • JustaSuta (1:10 RI CVR) • Amy Mebberson (1:25 RI CVR)
    MLP_FiM_89_CVR_A.jpg
    MLP_FiM_89_CVR_B.jpg
    MLP_FiM_89_RI_10_CVR.jpg
    MLP_FiM_89_RI_25_CVR.jpg

Season 10 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic begins! Explore new worlds and go on new adventures with your favorite fillies!

Twilight's first act as Queen of Equestria is to send the Mane 6 to explore mysterious—and potentially dangerous—areas of Equestria. When Applejack, Zecora, Rockhoof, and Tempest travel to Zecora's home country, they meet a zebra named Marini—and learn exciting, surprising information about Zecora, the magical kelpies and abada, and the not-so-magical zebras who live there!

FC • 36 pages • $4.99

LCS Order Due Date: February 18th, 2020

Estimated Street Date: April 29th, 2020

We're going to see Zebraland! Ghost Zecora is already concerned about how Applejack will act there. This is an interesting mix of characters to use. I imagine we'll get one issue for each of the Mane Six exploring a different area. This synopsis seems like a lot to cover in one issue, though.

The writer's interview on ED clarifies that the Free Comic Book Day issue is separate from this, and tells a different story. Like all Free Comic Book Day issues, it's half the length of a normal issue. It also sounds like this Zebraland arc is four issues.

An especially interesting set of answers:
    TIQ: What is one of things you found to be different when it came to writing a season 10 comic as opposed to a regular Friendship is Magic Comic?

JW:
    So, this especially pertains to the first arc, but something that frequently happened while writing the regular comic was that I would come up with a great idea, pitch it to IDW who would love it, and then Hasbro would come back and tell us that they were either dealing with something very similar in the show or that they had nebulous plans to deal with it in the future. As a result, there were a lot of comics I was very excited to write that never made it.

But now that the show has wrapped, that's not an issue any more. We can do big things that change and expand the world of the series. We don't have to be concerned that something might be contradicted by the show. We can think big and swing for the fences. As a matter of fact, the first story from season 10 has some of the bones of an idea I pitched years ago, but was impossible for us to do while the show was still on. The idea has had some massive changes and, of course, has entirely different implications and characters involved to match continuity, but I was really excited to bring it back because I think it has really solid bones and makes a great MLP story.

TIQ: One question I know everyone is scratching their brains to find out is WHEN Season 10 is going to take place. So I shall ask the question. Does the series take place after the final episode of Friendship is Magic or does it take place during the time jump?

JW:
    I've been doing my best to make this all very confusing by saying that season 10 happens during season 9. What I mean by that is, the last episode of season 9 happens during two timelines, one several years in the future and one during Twilight's coronation. Season 10 continues the main continuity of the tv series, which is to say it starts only a short time after Twilight's coronation. These will continue to be the versions of our cast that the fans know and love, not an aged up version. We'll be telling the story of things that happen in between those two points in time. It would, however, be a mistake to think that there won't be any surprises just because we know where our main characters end up. We intend to do a lot with the extended cast of the show, the movie, and the comics. We're doing our best to do things in the comics that have never been done on the show. It's gonna be a wild ride.

TIQ: Could you tease us a little bit about the first arc and how did you come up with the idea for it?

JW:
    I mentioned earlier that it was based on idea I had pitched and had shot down at one point. Essentially, it's about a character that's been part of Friendship is Magic since almost the beginning, but we know next to nothing about - even where they come from. It has always been something I've wondered about and I thought had great potential to expand the world of My Little Pony and I felt like was just sitting on the table ready to explore. They're not like any other character we've seen, even as the show has progressed and the world has expanded, which means they must have come from a long way away. What could have driven this character to leave their home and make a home here in Equestria? What is their home like? Why don't they go back? I always wanted to visit the land they came from and find all of this information out. And now we get to do that.

~~~

New stop motion short

Pretty cute, I think.
    Given this is a post-COPPA YouTube, and thus the video will no longer appear in recommendations, I'm surprised to see it already has 53K views.

Transformers crossover comic revealed
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Transformers%2B-%2BFriendship%2Bin%2BDisguise.jpg

Written by Ian Flynn, James Asmus
    Illustrated by Tony Fleecs, Jack Lawrence
    96 Pages
    Release Date:
    November 3rd, 2020.

Ponies, Autobots, and Decepticons mix it up in this graphic novel mashup!

When Queen Chrysalis casts a spell looking for more changelings, she accidentally interferes with a malfunctioning Spacebridge! What's this mean for our favorite fillies? There are suddenly a bunch of Autobots and Decepticons in Equestria! And as the dust settles, Rarity and Arcee find themselves teaming up against a hostile Decepticon force.

Plus Spike and Grimlock; Pinkie Pie, Gauge, and Shockwave; Fluttershy, Discord, and Soundwave; Rainbow Dash and Windblade; and Optimus Prime and Twilight Sparkle all team up for more adventures.
    It's happening!

I'll wait for a non-EQG site to post it before making a separate thread, though.

EDIT: Thread

Last edited:
    Comic - May 2020 comic solicitations
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    May comic solicitations

Transformers / MLP synopses

Transformers: Friendship in Disguise Issue #1
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

(W) James Asmus, Ian Flynn (A) Jack Lawrence (A/CA) Tony Fleecs

When Queen Chrysalis casts a spell looking for more changelings, she accidentally interferes with a malfunctioning Spacebridge! What's this mean for our favorite fillies? There are suddenly a bunch of Autobots and Decepticons in Equestria! And as the dust settles, Rarity and Arcee find themselves teaming up against a hostile Decepticon force...

Transformers: Friendship in Disguise Issue #2
    4.jpg

(W) Sam Maggs, Ian Flynn (A) Sara Pitre-Durocher, Casey Coller (CA) Tony Fleecs

It's Spike and Grimlock's time to shine as they take on the Decepticons! Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie is determined to share as much knowledge about Equestrian and Autobot cuisine as possible with her new friends... which is why she invites Gauge to her kitchen for a live baking show! But things get a bit too spicy when Shockwave shows up.

Transformers: Friendship in Disguise Issue #3
    large_1.jpg

(W) James Asmus, Sam Maggs (A) Priscilla Tramontano, Jack Lawrence (CA) Tony Fleecs

When Fluttershy and Discord's tea time is interrupted by Soundwave, it's robot logic vs. whimsical chaos! And Dash, sure that she can fly faster than any Autobot can drive, finds herself in a race with the one and only Windblade-let's just hope Crasher and his Decepticon friends don't make things too dangerous.

Transformers: Friendship in Disguise Issue #4
    large2.jpg

(W) James Asmus, Ian Flynn (A) Sara Pitre-Durocher (A/CA) Tony Fleecs

When the Insecticons descend upon Sweet Apple Acres and begin devouring the Apple family's crop, it's up to AJ and her siblings to rally to save the farm! Meanwhile, Optimus Prime and Twilight Sparkle finally band together the ponies and the Autobots to get things back to normal. The finale you've been waiting for is here!

So it's two stories per issue, most of which are standalone. Seems like it will be fun.

Then we have the normal comic solicitation

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #90 - Season Ten Episode 2
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

(W) Jeremy Whitley (A/CA) Andy Price
    Sometimes friendship can be hard work, and that's what Zecora is discovering as she reunites Marini, Dust Devil, Cactus Rose, Medley Brook, and Crystal! But just as the past is being revealed and old hurts are being brought to light, an attack by the fearsome Grootslang puts Zecora's hometown in danger...
    In Shops: May 20, 2020

Everyone's already hype about that slime pony.

~~~

This is pretty cute, and I assume the pillows were difficult to animate in stop motion.

~~~

www.mlpmerch.com

Hasbro Reveals two new My Little Pony Products

A blog about new My Little Pony (Friendship is Magic) merchandise! New releases, news, (video) reviews and guides! MLP toys, plush, figures and more!

E9107%2BMLP%2BMagical%2BUnicorn%2BKiss_IP.jpg

Encouraging commoners to kiss a princess, and calling her a unicorn at that? How degenerate.

E9106%2BMLP%2BUnicorn%2BSparkle%2BCollection%2BIP.jpg

Another uncouth instance of addressing a princess as a unicorn.

Comic - Friendship is Magic #87
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #87
    We start the final comic story before season 10 starts, with this two-parter about Big Mac and Rainbow in a cross-country race. I wasn't excited by this, but the issue manages to introduce some interest with a Great Chipmunk Adventure type plot where Equestria's third Belloq uses the race the get a stolen artifact across the border, mistakenly placing it in Rainbow's gear.
    sacks_roamer.png

The central focus of the issue is a glimpse at Big Mac's past, where he used to be a racer and had a childhood friend turned rival. I admit, I never really thought there was much in Big Mac's past to be explored, but I'm not opposed to it. Also, Spike and Yona are here, and the villain has a gremlin assistant. Haven't seen a gremlin in the comics for a while.
    silver_streak_big_macintosh.png

This issue was mainly set up, so I don't have any strong opinions about it. It was alright.

Silver Quill's review reminds me that the sequence of Spike interpreting Big Mac's body language into a full on story was fun. I liked that it followed up on Spike and Big Mac's growing connection from the show, even if Big Mac was unusually even more silent than usual.
    spike_knows.png

Silver Quill also points out that right now, Rainbow Dash seems superfluous to the story.

~~~

1-2. The Good Place - 301-2 - Everything is Bonzer (part 1-2)
    3. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 3 - Real Cats Wear Plaid
    4. Harley Quinn - 1 - Harley Quinn

Starting Harley Quinn, as requested. Note that this is an R-rated show.

~~~

Checking in with the season 4 Japanese dub again.

In terms of sound, Cheese's Japanese VA isn't bad. Singing could use work, though.

OK, they changed Discord's Japanese VA too. It used to be the guy that played Buggy the Clown among tons of other roles. He had the perfect Japanese VA before, but the new guy sucks.

The first notes are the same as in English here, which is weird. Flutterguy's voice isn't great, and again a change from her season 1 dub voice (though her previous Flutterguy Japanese VA died I think so...). Her normal singing voice at the end is a breath of fresh air, autotuned as it is.

More at the uploader's page, through "Filli Vanilli".

June 2020 comic solicitation
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    June comic solicitation

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #91—Season 10 Episode 3
    Jeremy Whitley (w) • Andy Price (a & CVR A) • Brenda Hickey (CVR B) • JustaSuta (1:10 RI CVR)
    STL156820.png

Season 10 continues! Zecora, Applejack, and their friends travel into the depths of the desert to find the home of the mysterious Grootslang! But obstacles stand in their way—obstacles that can only be overcome with the help of some brand-new magic, friendship, and... a musical number?!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

LCS Order Due Date: April 18th, 2020

Estimated Street Date: June 10th, 2020

This cover has a better look at the new characters.

~~~

Good new PMV. It goes silent for a bit, and that's intentional.

Comic - Friendship is Magic #88, Equestria Girls: March Radness
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #88
    This is the final non-season 10 comic, and with Covid-19 possibly the last one for a while, and... it's alright. This issue is mainly about playing through the story beats, and things go about as you'd expect. The art is solid, but otherwise there really isn't much to say.
    dash_interrupt.png

Silver Quill's review brings up the interesting point through this point, there was always a feeling that anything that happened in the comic could freely be contradicted by the show, and it was, thus it was at a lower level of canon. With season 10, though, that changes. As for the issue itself, I don't think Silver Quill really has much interesting to say.

yona_parachute.png

Equestria Girls: March Radness
    Here's the first Equestria Girls comic since 2014, made up of three stories. Art is all by fandom artist Pencils, and honestly, the quality goes up and down. There are a lot of cute panels, but also some weird looking and rough ones.

sunset_accuses.png

The first story features the girls in detention, and it's fun. We get different perspectives on the incident that led to detention, with lots of sight gags like evil hamster lord Fluttershy and verbal gags like Fluttershy and Rarity thinking a basketball is a soccer ball.

lattice_bot.png

The second story is the weakest, with Rainbow wanting to go to AK Yearling's book signing and rushing through a day with Applejack, learning that she should have just told Applejack what was going on. The art is also weaker here, making me think Pencils wasn't into this story. BTW, we barely see AK Yearling here, so we don't really learn much about her and whether she's really Daring Do.

sight_yearling.png

The last story was both drawn and written by Pencils, and the art is stronger here seemingly to reflect his interest. There's a school sports competition coming up and Rainbow tells the other girls to train so it won't be a cakewalk for her. The other girls do and they each beat Rainbow in one competition, so she gets second place in everything. While she overall got the most points, she's upset she didn't win anything, but the final competition is a team soccer match and she realizes that's the real competition she wanted to win. This one is a lot of fun, with some great reactions.

Screenshot_2020-03-25-13-55-07.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-25-13-56-58.png

The issue also ends with a reprint of The Fall of Sunset Shimmer, for those who were looking for it.

Silver Quill's review points out something I hadn't consciously noticed, where the new-to-EQG characters are drawn differently than the main girls.
    harshwhinny_sees.png

As Silver Quill puts it, Ms. Harshwinny has more of an anime proportion than Rarity.

There are also some art mistakes, like Sunset being colored with bare legs instead of pants, and a thought bubble being given to Applejack instead of Rainbow.

sunset_slip.png

Still, I overall recommend it.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

IDW Suspends All May Releases—MLP/Transformers: Friendship in Disguise Crossover Delayed

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic News, Brony and bronies, my little pony merchandise, pony art, pony music, pony media

Well, there goes that.

~~~

New The Enchanted Kingdom chapter
    www.fimfiction.net

The Enchanted Kingdom

As an ancient alicorn trapped inside a library, Princess Twilight spent many a century dreaming of being rescued from her prison. Now, finding herself in an entirely new Equestria, she realizes she'd never planned for somepony to actually succeed...

Act II Chapter 19
    Great chapter. Funny how the rough draft reading on your server was before, well, all this, but reading the chapter I still thought to myself that Luna's just forcing everyone to quarantine. I noticed the changes from the rough draft, and the pacing is much better now. It's nice to see their plan actually did work with Dusk, and we got more insight as to what the curse makes ponies see. And of course, the moments between Rarity and Twilight were sweet. Though they still haven't resolved the problem that made them fight, the default is for them to be in love.

MLP: The Manga: A Day in the Life of Equestria Volume 2
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Second volume of the MLP manga is out! Link to my post about the first one, which isn't in this thread.

MLP: The Manga: A Day in the Life of Equestria Volume 2
    Unlike the first volume, this volume has a continuous story all throughout. Pinkie is looking forward to an upcoming festival, but it never comes. After weeks of reliving the same day over and over, she finally realizes she's in a time loop!
    eating_dresses.png

The entire first half of the volume is devoted to Pinkie going through the same day and slowly figuring out something weird is going on. I enjoyed how much detail it went into, even devoting a lot of time to a red herring, and we got a lot of cute moments with the ponies.
    kidnapped_celestia.png

I thought it went a bit downhill once Pinkie came across the evil plot and it turned into a pretty self-indulgent Doctor Who crossover, complete with an equivalent to The Master. His name is Professor What, but Star Dancer addresses him as master. That right there points to one big issue. Star Dancer was a pretty fun character in the last volume, but here she's simply the Master's assistant, which felt like a waste. This was fun, but I wasn't a huge fan of how it became all about Doctor Hooves.

bad_denial.png

Silver Quill's review harps on this point too. It's weird to have the "knowing winks" of the previous volume turn out to be set up for a crossover, and the one original character is subservient to this.

Still, he agrees with me that the second half is still a lot of fun and worth checking out.

A-Dressing Memories
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    So a brand new FiM episode came out on an Australian on-demand service! Sort of. It's a recap episode, but there's about five minutes of new scenes. I went ahead and put them online; each part is less than a minute, because otherwise the copyright bots get upset. I put them in a playlist.

In these five minutes, we manage to get a surprising number of cute moments, particularly interactions between Rarity and Twilight. And yes, a certain someone was pleased.

2327744.png

(source)

~~~

1. We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story

Last Monday, A Troll in Central Park came up as a suggestion, but I didn't like that even as a kid. However, that did make me think of this movie, which I did like a lot.

Kotobukiya Sunset revealed
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Kotobukiya Sunset revealed! It looks great!

EW5Oc7yUYAAPE7o

~~~

Someone finally animated the 2015 con reading of the unfinished final Friendship is Witchcraft episode

The con recording's been around since, well, 2015, but I never watched it. It was nice watching this, though it wasn't super funny, and it got a bit confusing toward the end. I can see why they never made a proper episode out of it. I don't particularly mind that Jenny Nicholson no longer does MLP videos, but this does make me sad she's no longer voice acting in general.

Next "Different View" video, with a great looking chase

~~~

Art dump
    1.Apple Bloom and Big Mac by imalou
    2.Applejack by imalou
    3.Pinkie hugging Starlight by imalou
    4.Some Pink and Stuff by Spaboofy on DeviantArt - Anthro Pinkamena
    5.Unicorn Twilight by frgtmenot_mind
    medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.jpg

1.Sonata dusk by Marenlicious on DeviantArt
    2.Pinkie with balloons by zokkili
    3.Stop Motion Pony Life Rarity by zokkili - Only art of these shorts I've seen
    4.Alicorn Starlight by ali-selle
    5.Warm Vibes by PettyPop on DeviantArt - Sunset on the beach
    medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.png

1.Twilight by jennyberry
    2.I drew twilight oops by Scarletskitty12 on DeviantArt
    3.Rarity by LooknamTCN on DeviantArt - EQG
    4.Filly Twilight by sinrar
    5.Fluttershy by its-gloomy
    medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpg

1.MLP:YL - Odd Duo at the Market | InuHoshi on Patreon - Tempest and Grubber
    2.We've Made Our Mark by Pink-Pone on DeviantArt - Older CMC
    3.Fluffy Rarity by dawnfire
    4.Twilight by lomilykohi
    5.Twilight and the Twilights by saralien
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

1.EQG Fluttershy by chapaghettii
    2.Lesbian pride flag Applejack by cassettepunk
    3.Naked Pony Fluttershy by mykegreywolf - New alt of old image
    4.NG: Family picture by Azure-Art-Wave on DeviantArt - AU where Cheerilee and Clear Sky marry, with Wind Sprint and an OC daughter
    5.Upside down Fluttershy by musicfirewind
    medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.jpg

1.Done with it Twilight by musicfirewind
    2.Princess Twilight Sparkle's Coronation by mappyprang22 on DeviantArt
    3.EQG Rarity with gem magic by time sss
    4.Dash by nodambol on DeviantArt
    5.Tempest in the forest by toisanemoif
    medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.png

1.Twilight by spacekitsch
    2.Trixie and a strange store by ramiras
    3.Daybreaker Final by artfulaccidents on DeviantArt
    4.Commission: Come here Darling by Lucy-tan on DeviantArt - EQG Fluttershy and Rarity
    5.EQG Pinkie and SciTwi and Pony Sunset by cassettepunk
    medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

1.Right-to-left SciTwi meets vampire Sunset by wubcakeva
    2.EQG Fluttershy by suke2242
    3.Fluttershy by d__samber
    4.SciTwi reacting by 5mmumm5
    5.Rarity walking GIF by laps-sp
    medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.gif

1.In The Woods... by yuyusunshine on DeviantArt - Luna, Discord, and Fluttershy and an OC
    2.Old Times by EmeraldGalaxy on DeviantArt - Starswirl, young Celestia and Luna
    3.Fluttershy with a nice message by texasuberalles
    4.Fluttershy yaying into a fan by dstears
    5.Human Pinkie with ice cream by 1drfl_world_end
    medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.jpg

1.Commission by JaneleArts on DeviantArt - Twilight
    2.Catchy song [PRINT DESIGN] by Screwchaos on DeviantArt - Buttercup and Bright Mac
    3.Rainbow and Latias by 025aki
    4.Pinkie and Galarian Ponyta by 025aki
    5.Fluttershy walking GIF by laps-sp
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.gif

Comics

Ask SunPie — Sunset?? Sunnybun? You okay? :O I didn't mean to... - There are several other comics from this blog I'm not linking
    tall.png

Comic 112: Start Again by ZSparkonequus on DeviantArt - Sentimental Twilight comic
    tall.png

Bricks In The Wall by saturdaymorningproj on DeviantArt - Future characters comic
    tall.png

Another fifteen.ai animation

Memnagerie
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Next recap episode is here, "Memnagerie". The framing device isn't too eventful, and I'm not a huge fan of Fluttershy pretending the need help just so Twilight would reminisce with her. Still, it's fun enough.

Deep Tissue Memories
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Next recap episode is here, "Deep Tissue Memories", with Rainbow Dash. The framing segments had a surprising number of what I assume are new assets, and Twilight's spa treatment looked pretty nice. Also, Twilight says she loves Rainbow Dash and Rainbow says she loves her too.

Harvesting Memories
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Applejack recap here

It's a pretty eh episode, both in terms of the framing device and the chosen recaps.

Applejack's so dumb that she can't talk to Twilight without telling her about Starlight's book plans unless Spike stops her.

Confirmed that the barn used from season 4+ is in fact the barn from "Raise This Barn".

I think the weirdest recap inclusion has to be the moment where Chrysalis reveals herself in "A Canterlot Wedding" and Applejack apologizes to Twilight for not believing her.

Stripping out the recaps, there are only four minutes and 30 seconds of new scenes, less than every other character so far.

Most notable part
    small.gif

Memories and More
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    And we have what is actually the final bit of FiM content, with "Memories and More". This covers Spike, Starlight, Celestia, and Luna.

I was surprised to see this was pretty light on new footage too. Since they split up Spike hatching and the rest of the Twilight cutie mark flashback into separate flashbacks, there was even a few seconds of repeated old footage. We do get a scene taking place after the last "present day" moment in "The Last Problem", which is nice. The final scene is "Best Friends Until the End of Time", but with the Trixie and Starlight scenes cut out, which really is a pretty good way to end.

~~~

Art dump

1.Neon Skeleton Pinkie by HauntedTuba
    2.Neon Skeleton Rarity by HauntedTuba
    3.Neon Skeleton Rainbow HauntedTuba
    4.Neon Skeleton Applejack by HauntedTuba
    5.Neon Skeleton Fluttershy by HauntedTuba
    medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

1.Neon Skeleton Twilight by HauntedTuba
    2.~Somnambula by Alex-anderr on DeviantArt
    3.Punk Rarity Redraw by RedHeartPoniesFan on DeviantArt
    4.Twilight Sparkle In Dress For The Memories by xbi on DeviantArt
    5.LyraBon Custom Plushie with magnetic heart by Steam-Loco on DeviantArt
    medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpg

1.Luster -Profile- by The-Butcher-X on DeviantArt
    2.I Kid You Not by Pony-Berserker on DeviantArt - Lyra explaining Rick and Morty to Twilight
    3.Luna by zokkili
    4.Fluttershy expressions by lux_aestas
    5.Will you be my friend? by Mite-Lime on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.png

1.Song of the sea by haidiannotes on DeviantArt - Sonata siren
    2.Cadance expression by John Joseco
    3.Twilight by sigmapegasi
    4.Pinkie by nodambol222
    5.futter shy by cherubicide -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
    medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

1.Luna and Filly Pinkie, from The Enchanted Kingdom fic, by maximasmac
    2.Apple Bloom by noupu
    3.Twilight kissing Rarity's neck by lilfunkman
    4.Starlight by lizardi
    5.Rarity x Twilight by seledka
    medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.png

2354076.jpg

Comics, or rather headcanons

Rejected Head-Canons Part 01 | InuHoshi on Patreon
    tall.png

Royal Hc part 3: Lovely by BunnAri on DeviantArt - Cadance family backstory
    tall.png

And the Gameloft game is holding an event where filly versions of the Mane Six arrive in the present day, based on the IDW 20/20 comic special, but the big thing getting attention is this Trixie babysitter design.
    2356047.png

Which is producing a ton of art. Here's some.

1.twintail Trixie by Colorfulcolor233 on DeviantArt
    2.Trixie new look by TheRealF1reBird on DeviantArt
    3.Trixie by cassettepunk
    4.Trixie by Handgunboi
    5.Trixie Style by Mew-Me on DeviantArt
    medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

medium.jpg

1.Trixie by melliebun
    2.Trixie by Vampymatsu
    3.Trixie by bunxl
    4.Trixie wallpaper by Anticular
    5.Trixie by Dawnfire
    medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.png

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Pony Life first episode descriptions
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    We finally have episodes descriptions and a start date for Pony Life! No official announcement, though.
    www.equestriadaily.com

Two Episodes of Pony Life Possibly Revaled "The Best of the Worst" and "Princess Probz" - June 13th Airdate

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic News, Brony and bronies, my little pony merchandise, pony art, pony music, pony media
    tvlistings.zap2it.com

Full episodes and TV Listings- Zap2it.com

Watch full episodes at Zap2it.com and find where and when to watch episode on your local broadcast, cable and satellite TV channels.

Princess Probz
    Air date: June 13, 2020

The ponies help Pinkie Pie audition for a televised cooking competition called the Royal Jelly Juggernaut. When the rest of the Mane 6 are caught in a sticky situation, Pinkie Pie has to audition for the Royal Jelly Juggernaut all on her own.

The Best of the Worst

Rainbow Dash's compitative spirit is put to the test when a new pony challenges her to a contest unlike any other. Rainbow Dash faces off against Dishwater Slog in a loser-take-all race to finally prove which pony is truly the worst.

Episode descriptions about fall in line with expectations. Which is to say I expected simple stories like this. As long as it isn't terrible, I'll be happy to have any Pony Life content at last.

Speaking of which, a new stop motion short too.

Damn, that slide looks painful.

Pony Life starts
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Using this existing Pony Life thread for discussion of that show. I posted my thoughts of the first episodes there.

www.resetera.com

My Little Pony: Pony Life series announced (G4.5)

https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/13/my-little-pony-pony-life-first-look-lizzo/ (EDIT: Reupload) Yes, that's "Good as Hell". This premieres on Discovery Family in 2020. This gives strong Teen Titans Go vibes, with an unexpected resemblance to those old PONY.MOV fan videos. For those wondering...

Comic - My Little Pony / Transformers #1
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Here's my review for MLP/TF #1
    The issue opens with a panel lampshading the continuity issues and saying to just have fun, setting the tone for the miniseries.

Screenshot_2020-08-05-13-01-42.png

The first story in the issue is mainly set up, but it still manages to have some fun bits of characterization. Most notably we have Chrysalis and Megatron having the same question for each other, Bumblebee transforming into a car and Twilight's reaction, and Chrysalis riding on top of Megatron in tank form. Also, Twilight actually using the royal guards!

chrysalis_megatron.png

chrysalis_megatron_tank.png

Ponies look fine in the first story, but the Transformers look a bit off during their intro page (and are good after). There are standout moments like the two-page spread of the Transformers arriving. This story was drawn by a Pony-primary artist, Tony Fleecs.

The second story was more character focused, and right away, we see Starscream's first priority: forcing the ponies to make a royal cape for him! It was nice seeing a bunch of cameos from Manehattan ponies here.

arcee_kick_starscream.png

Arcee and Rarity meet after the former beats up Starscream a bit, and honestly, them complimenting each other comes off as flirting.

arcee_rarity_introduce.png

For those of you wishing to see Rainbow Dash defeat Starstream, Rarity beat her to the punch.

Screenshot_2020-08-05-13-12-23.png

The Transformers art for this part looked very good, as expected from a TF-primary artist, Jack Lawrence. I'm impressed by his Pony art too, though for the buildings, the Manehattan setting allowed him to cheat a bit and draw a fairly normal city.

As Silver Quill's review points out, it's nice to have a crossover story where the two sets of heroes figure out they're friendly right away and they don't do the "fight fight fight, wait, we're all good?" thing. He also goes into a lot more about the art and characters.

Overall, this was a good start to this miniseries.

~~~

1. Your Lie in April - 13 - Love's Sorrow
    2a. DC Super Hero Girls - 9 - #Beeline
    2b. DC Super Hero Girls - 10 - #SuperWho?
    3. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 208 - Sympathy for the Mandrill
    4. Harley Quinn - 208 - Inner (Para) Demons

Comic - Friendship is Magic #89
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #89
    After a long delay, it's finally here! Season 10 has started!

It's mainly setup, but this setup demonstrates the freedom granted by the show no longer running. I remember back when the comics started, they were taking all kinds of crazy risks with continuity, but it became apparent that it really was at a lower continuity tier that the show freely contradicted. Now, nothing's going to stop the comics from defining Zecora's backstory. I'm also looking forward to how the other lands being visited will be handled. Plus, Lyra and Bon Bon (acknowledged as canon married here) are along for the ride!

teams.png

I'm happy to see Zecora's homeland at last, finally no longer having to be defined by white fans being cringy at best. For one thing, we get confirmation that zebras come in other colors, and don't all rhyme. Plus, the zebra land, Farasi, has different non-zebra species living there. Also, the Journal of the Two Sisters book (which was already contradicted by the show) said that the zebra lands were beyond the Everfree Forest, while here it's across the sea. Farasi also notably has a modern architecture based on Morocco, as opposed to just being a bunch of huts.
    marini_appear.png

I liked that Zecora was allowed to really let loose on Applejack, dropping her rhyming in the process. I look forward to this arc doing more to define her character.
    zecora_dressing_down.png

Also, in some bizarre twist of fate, the very first human-original MLP character to appear as a pony is... Ragamuffin! Oddly, he looks less like a male Applejack as a pony.
    Screenshot_2020-08-12-10-49-11.png

Silver Quill's review points out some cameos I hadn't noticed, such as the pirate from ages ago (the first comic with Princess Twilight, at that). Forgot to mention that it's really weird that Tempest is still wearing the Storm King logo. There's also awkward use of the world map, just straight up pasting the different versions into panels. Also, at this point in the series, Applejack making a joke about mules feels out of place.

~~~

1. Your Lie in April - 14 - Footsteps
    2a. DC Super Hero Girls - 11 - #ShockItToMe
    2b. DC Super Hero Girls - 12 - #SheMightBeGiant
    3. Kipo - 209 - All That Glitters
    4. Kipo - 210 - Heroes on Fire

Finishing up Kipo season 2

~~~

Art dump
    1. 黒毛 on Twitter: "#毎日ピンキーパイ 353 https://t.co/YRZvEwNDcX" / Twitter - Pinkie
    2. ✨𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑨✨ on Twitter: "☀️☀️☀️ https://t.co/UJdIUYkIsO" / Twitter - Celestia
    3. Break Time by NCMares on DeviantArt - Marble
    4. Commission 014 by Dream-Weaver-pony on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    5. Tempest's Side Hustle by dstears on DeviantArt - Also Sunset, Trixie, and Starlight
    twitter-KurogeWaPony-1288942767029157889-0.jpg

twitter-wutanimations-1288637579257053190-0.jpg

de2gdsn-affd0e3b-92a1-4d9e-a9de-dfba48d50f04.png

deviantart-Dream-Weaver-pony-850620991.jpg

deviantart-dstears-850620855.jpg

1. August by Alumx on DeviantArt - Celestia
    2. Slumber Party! by Esfelt on DeviantArt - Starlight
    3. MLP FIM - Princess Twilight Sparkle Dances by Joakaha on DeviantArt
    4. Isagat on Twitter: "https://t.co/rnVdsNMLkn" / Twitter - Twilight
    5. っっw on Twitter: "https://t.co/zpkVXycIPT" / Twitter - Fluttershy
    deviantart-Alumx-850605598.jpg

deviantart-Esfelt-850547728.jpg

deviantart-Joakaha-850529802.jpg

twitter-Isagat7-1277392245482762241-0.jpg

twitter-mirroredseaaa-1289348137849466880-0.jpg

1. 연성하는 리리베체 on Twitter: "트와일라잇 스파클 https://t.co/eC2PSZp6aa" / Twitter - Twilight
    2. my little pony ballballball! by Booseo on DeviantArt - Mane Six
    3. The Memory of a Loved One by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen on DeviantArt - Applejack
    4. Pillow Fort! by Esfelt on DeviantArt - Starlight
    5. Wheat Field by Akylie on DeviantArt - Fluttershy
    twitter-lilivache5050-682517816533094400-0.jpg

deviantart-Booseo-530170745.jpg

deviantart-InuHoshi-to-DarkPen-850713259.jpg

deviantart-Esfelt-850746805.jpg

deviantart-Akylie-850711940.jpg

1. Mommy Pie by BubaIuv on DeviantArt - Pinkie and Li'l Cheese
    2. Older Rarity Headcanon by uunicornicc on DeviantArt
    3. Sugarcube by KikuthefoxOfficial on DeviantArt - Rarity x Applejack
    4. 🦈NekoSnicker🦈 on Twitter: "A quick sketch to show the fit from the front. The pink thing actually isn't a scarf but a cropped cardigan that she lets fall off her shoulders. It also has a hood! https://t.co/me2OBzpYy4" / Twitter - Rarity
    5. zinbei on Twitter: "skebでご依頼いただきました。からびな3🐟さんありがとうございました! zinbeiさんのコミッション「『マイリトルポニー: エクエストリア・ガールズ』のサンセットシマーをお願いします。…」 https://t.co/fCuaMP8VG7 #Skeb #Commission @skeb_jpさんから https://t.co/u9dUt9tjvW" / Twitter - Sunset
    deviantart-BubaIuv-850742868.jpg

deviantart-uunicornicc-850733812.jpg

deviantart-KikuthefoxOfficial-849661910.jpg

EeOUhx1WoAIKhPt

EWK_G2vUwAAYVgV

1. Xan🔞 on Twitter: "A new friend!! and is a cute one too #sunset_shimmer #twilight_sparkle #MLPFiM https://t.co/DEnLR4b0Z1" / Twitter - Two images
    2. feekteev on Twitter: "✨ It's time to show you my art for the Goodbye MLP Zine! I'm going to miss this guys! Наконец-то могу показать вам арт из зина, посвященного закрытию сериала! Буду скучать по этим ребяткам! #Mlp #MLPFiM #pony #brony https://t.co/fVDWDiOqcg" / Twitter - Older Mane Six
    3. のうぷ🐊 on Twitter: "https://t.co/QKLGf9oz4o" / Twitter - Pinkie
    4. Anticular on Twitter: "Harsh lights and soft shadows in the palace https://t.co/tLILAAGz1c" / Twitter - Twilight
    5. zinbei on Twitter: "skebにてご依頼いただきました。からびな3🐟さんありがとうございました! zinbeiさんのコミッション「『マイリトルポニー: エクエストリア・ガールズ - 忘れられた友情』からサンセットシマーとトリクシーのコンビをお願いします。...」 https://t.co/ldBVFpCIPq #Skeb #Commission @skeb_jpより https://t.co/dy6pxIQlon" / Twitter - EQG Sunset and Trixie
    EeHOGCVWsAALfg6

EeHOHlUXYAcXDIY

EeIMkA_XsA42pSM

EeJCXACUMAAguOy

EeGwRvxUcAAUjkY

EZVn-SbUwAAv71c

GIF

November 2020 solicitation
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    www.equestriadaily.com

EXCLUSIVE: (Season 10 Comic!) My Little Pony Friendship is Magic #92 Revealed - Writer, Synopsis, and Artist

We have our first synopsis in ages! The synopsis for FiM #92 is out, but it features what's a pretty big reveal, so I'll censor it.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #92—Season 10 Episode 4
    Jeremy Whitley (w) • Andy Price (a & CVR A) • Brenda Hickey (CVR B) • JustaSuta (1:10 RI CVR)
    MLP92_04-coverB.jpg

The finale to Season 10's opening arc is here! Zecora, Applejack, and their friends have stumbled upon something unexpected in the desert… another Tree of Harmony! Could this be the key to defeating the Grootslang?!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

LCS Order Due Date: September 18th, 2020

Estimated Street Date: November 14th, 2020

~~~

Stream announcement, we're watching
    1. Best in Show (2000 movie)

Back to the dog theme!

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

Pony Anatomy Revealed in New My Little Pony Dissection Toys From Mighty JAXX

More shots of the Pony anatomy figurines, and some tie in clothes.
    11.webp

I feel like people will legit want to buy this one.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

My Little Pony Manga's Artist Has Revealed The Colors for Star Dancer

EfapaySUMAAGHOi.jpeg

Artist on Twitter

~~~

I've read this fic
    www.fimfiction.net

Heart Curves

Twilight tutors Rarity on polar coordinate systems and parametric equations.

Using Twilight and Rarity study sessions as a vector for edutainment is great. This was a real flashback to either high school or college (can't remember where I took Calculus). I was following along well enough, but this part did trip me up.

"And in order to get dt/dx

we can use the fact that:"

dy/dx=1 / dx/dy

"Therefore, we have:"

dy/dx=dy/dt / dx/dt

Since I spent a while trying to figure out the relevance of inverting all of dx/dy. Then I realized what was actually going on was Twilight using the rule that multiplication is the same as dividing the left term by the inversion of the right term. [This got fixed]

Twilight and Rarity dialogue was on point as usual. Overall, great story.

Kotobukiya Luna and Celestia revealed
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Luna and Celestia Kotobukiya statues coming!

Luna looks fantastic! Celestia is a bit boring in comparison. Also, Luna is oddly the only one with a horn.

Official Sunset colors, and Variant Twilight with EQG colors

Sunset still looks amazing!

G5 info in Festival of Licensing preview article
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    www.licensing.biz

Hasbro joins Festival of Licensing with new Peppa Pig content, PJ Masks toy plans and more

Hasbro will be joining the Festival of Licensing virtual event – the four-week digital event that will run throughout October and replace Brand Licensing Europe this year – to present the latest opportunities across its portfolio of brands including Nerf, … Continue reading →

Hasbro will be joining the Festival of Licensing virtual event – the four-week digital event that will run throughout October and replace Brand Licensing Europe this year – to present the latest opportunities across its portfolio of brands including Nerf, My Little Pony, Play-Doh, Monopoly, Transformers, and Power Rangers.

[...]

Next up, the world of Equestria is expanding to introduce a new generation of ponies to a new generation of fans. With more humor, heart, and music than ever before, Hasbro hopes that audiences will be swept away by the new cast of ponies and the incredible adventure that awaits them. Fall in love with My Little Pony all over again when the all-new, computer-animated theatrical feature hits theaters everywhere in September 2021.

This seems to imply G5 will be new characters, but it's a general writeup (and not directly from Hasbro) and it's pretty vague. However, this does mean we'll finally hear more about it in October.

If they really are going with a new cast, then my reading of the situation is that they decided to continue doing things with the G4 cast during G5 after all. Timing wise, they had to come to this decision in 2018 or so, meaning this is probably in response to leak reactions.

Given how many views MLP YouTube videos are still getting when they're mainly repackaged old clips, it isn't a bad business decision.
    unknown.png

BTW, if you need a refresher, here are the 2017 leaks pictures, though without the emails.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

My Little Pony Morphin Pink Pony Now Available for Order

Capture.JPG

Now available for order.

Comic - My Little Pony / Transformers #2
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Posting my comic review
    My Little Pony / Transformers #2
    The first story involves Spike and Grimlock, and it was pretty cute seeing how impressed Spike was of him. Nice seeing Grimlock be friendly with him too. I appreciated that while Grimlock is simple and straightforward, he wasn't presented at all as an idiot. He knew it was important to go back and protect the base without any further guidance, he knew to befriend Spike, he didn't do anything stupid.

grimlock_will_crush.png

The way they made Spike useful was unexpected, with him putting to use all his experience with Twilight and speedreading through Teletran 1's manuals to use the ship to help. I will note that despite drawing Spike with his wings from later seasons, he's never shown in flight and has to pile up books to reach the control panel, making me think this was written with early season Spike in mind.

Screenshot_2020-09-02-23-39-52.png

The second story with Pinkie and Gauge vs. Shockwave was pretty eh, honestly. First of all, I didn't get what Gauge's deal was at all. There should have been a story of Pinkie clashing with a serious Shockwave, but Shockwave was already attacking with cooking utensils, so there goes that. It just felt weird and awkward.

gauge_appear.png

Silver Quill's review puts into words some of my issues. The backgrounds just don't fit the comical story at all, nor does it fit the pony world. You can also see in the above picture that Pinkie is the one who looks most out of place. Also, learned from his review that Gauge was literally only introduced a few months ago, so yeah, weird choice for this crossover.

Overall not as good as the first issue, but still worth checking out for the first story.

~~~

1. Glitch Techs - 202 - ping
    2. DC Super Hero Girls - 16 - #MisgivingTree
    3a. Infinity Train - 306 - The Campfire Car
    3b. Infinity Train - 307 - The Canyon of the Golden Winged Snakes Car
    3c. Infinity Train - 308 - The Hey Ho Whoa Car
    4. Harley Quinn - 211 - A Fight Worth Fighting For

~~~

The Enchanted Kingdom updated! Twice!
    www.fimfiction.net

The Enchanted Kingdom

As an ancient alicorn trapped inside a library, Princess Twilight spent many a century dreaming of being rescued from her prison. Now, finding herself in an entirely new Equestria, she realizes she'd never planned for somepony to actually succeed...
    Act II Chapter 23 and Interlude VI
    This was a really nice chapter. It's great to see everyone reacting to real princesses, and the revelation that Twilight's gluttony is unique to her was fantastic. Though I suspect she may have learned that from the last missing princess. The sequence at the fountain was wonderfully sweet. When Twilight was confused about Rarity saying they should move in together, I was a bit disappointed that Twilight didn't conclude that weddings straight up don't exist anymore. I'm sure Rarity brought up weddings at some point, though. Ink and Pinkie reacting to Rarity deciding to leave is sad, but good on Ink for gaining ownership.

I will say it's odd going back to Ponyville. It's hard to remember what characters are even unique to that setting; it took a while to remember Fluttershy was just visiting and hadn't moved to Hollow Shades too, and I forgot Applejack was in this story arc until she spoke up. It's mainly the CMC and Zecora that were missing this story arc, I suppose. Looking back, one problem with the story structure is that when everyone was in Ponyville, all the fun memorable stuff happened in Twilight's library. All the post-release romantic moments were outside of Ponyville proper, and most were in Hollow Shades. That means the actual town doesn't really have many particularly notable moments going for it, so Rarity's desire to return feels a bit strange.

Overall, great chapter.

===

It's really great seeing how happy those two are. I hadn't thought of the fact that the night sky would look so difference under Cadance.

Cadance reading to buggos is great, and it's intriguing to check in with Celestia again. The bit with the mind palace is interesting. I wonder how that will play out with whatever's keeping Celestia trapped.

Pony Life season 2 and G5 info; December 2020 comic solicitation
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    www.equestriadaily.com

Pony Life Gets a Second Season in Spring of 2021

Licensing Summit Online выход сериала G5, второй сезон Pony Life / Срочно в номер / Табун - место, где пасутся брони

Сегодня в рамках Licensing Summit Online прошла презентация российского филиала Hasbro. О бренде My Little Pony были озвучены две

EiIRaOFWoAE5XW6.jpeg

Pony Life season 2 coming in Sprint 2021. Given the short timeframe, I imagine both seasons were made together.
    We also have G5 info! Movie's coming Fall 2021, then there's a 44 minute special in Spring 2022, then the series proper starts Fall 2022. I suppose the special is going to be the Return of Jafar to the movie's Aladdin.

~~~

December 2020 comic solicitation

Friendship is Magic #93
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    STL169572.jpg

(Writer) Mary Kenney
    (Artist) Trish Forstner
    (Cover Artist A) Trish Forstner
    (Cover Artist B) JustaSuta
    (Cover RI) Pony-Berserker

Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood are back in Ponyville! Scootaloo's beyond excited for her parents' visit, but when it becomes clear that they don't have much in common, Scoots learns that there's no right or wrong way to be a family-and that's ok.

I'm surprised to see what appears to be a one shot story. Also way to spoil the lesson.

Comic - Friendship is Magic #90
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #90
    We finally get issue 2 of season 10!

The story starts with Zecora backstory, showing parallels between her and Twilight. On some level, it's disappointing that Zecora's unique characteristics aren't something that are actual parts of zebra culture, with rhyming being something she reads enhances magic spells and potion making something she was inspired to do after reading about Mage Meadowbrook. On the other hand, it's good that the zebras aren't "literally Zecora".
    zecora_challenge_teacher.png

The issue focuses on introducing Zecora's relationship to the new characters, though only three of the five new characters are really defined. We also get some comic relief with the ponies accompanying Zecora, particularly Tempest being very conquest-focused. Also the comic forgets she can't use telekinesis.
    large.png

The kelpies have some fun worldbuilding, and the two kelpie characters are more defined than the adaba characters.

Screenshot_2020-09-30-16-23-59.png

It's established that zebras aren't magic, so it's a bit odd when Prince Abraxas shows up in a flash of light. What's his deal? Not considered a zebra in the same way that alicorns aren't unicorns?

Screenshot_2020-09-30-16-35-08.png

Silver Quill's review is oddly harsh on Zecora's teacher for saying that zebras aren't magic in class, which I don't really get. He points out that Farasi is far more similar to Equestria than possibly makes sense, but he'll wait and see how it goes next chapter.

equestria_dark.png

Overall, good chapter.

Comic - My Little Pony / Transformers #3
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    My Little Pony / Transformers #3
    Issue three is here, and it's the best yet, I think. Mainly due to the hilarious and adorable concept of Fluttershy treating Soundwave's cassette animals as actual animals.

it_has_pets.png

Discord is here too, bringing some nonsense. On some level, I'm not a fan of including him here, since he destroys any sense that Fluttershy could be in real trouble. However, he does have some good gags, including Soundwave reacting to him.

Screenshot_2020-10-07-17-02-45.png

The art here is pretty good, and succeeds in making Fluttershy really cute.

message_boards.png

The second story was Rainbow and Windblade having a race, only to be interrupted by a bunch of Starscream clones (seeming to rub in that Starstream himself doesn't encounter Rainbow). It was odd that Rainbow would be the one to have a trick to avoid missiles and redirect them back to the attackers, but it was nice. It felt like there was a lot less to it than the Fluttershy part, though.

misfire_rainmakers_aim.png

Silver Quill's review reminds me of how the character I knew as Rumble is referred to as Frenzy here, which apparently has been a thing since the original toys. For the second story, I forgot that the first issue already showed Windblade encountering Rainbow, which is a story beat that's clearly been abandoned. Reading about the characterization changes for Windblade and even Misfire, I can definitely say the second story is on the weak end. However, it's still fairly fun. Also, the horse Transformers that cameo at the start of the race are from the Beast Wars and Beast Wars Neo toylines.

start_line.png

Overall, definitely worth checking out, if only for the first story.

~~~

1. Your Lie in April - 21 - Snow
    2. Your Lie in April - 22 (END) - Spring Breeze
    3. Underfist (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy special)

Finishing off Your Lie in April, and watching another Halloween story.

~~~

Forgot to post this news earlier
    www.equestriadaily.com

"My Little Pony Live" Musical Official Soundtrack Demo

soundcloud.com

My Little Pony (Demo)

Hasbro, Inc. and Mills Entertainment have partnered for My Little Pony Live, the first-ever original touring production in North America for the long-running My Little Pony brand. The new musical will

I forgot there was supposed to be a stage musical this year. It was meant to start in March, but we all know how that turned out.

They aren't Tony-winners, but the three songs included here are fun.

~~~

New Gameloft game update has Starlight dressing up as her partners friends.
    Screenshot_20201007-015102_My_Little_Pony.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-015119_My_Little_Pony.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-015132_My_Little_Pony.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-015111_My_Little_Pony.jpg

~~~

deviantart-Riouku-857413768.jpg

When you realize what it's referencing

Using a South Park movie song
    youtu.be

What Would Brian Boitano Do? - South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut (7/9) Movie CLIP (1999) HD

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut movie clips: http://j.mp/1BcYIDR BUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/uMNCTO Don't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u...

G5 info from Festival of Licensing
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    news.tfw2005.com

TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Brand Panel At Festival Of Licensing

Moments ago, Hasbro held a live panel at Festival Of Licensing and the news team from TFW2005 attended the panel to learn what Hasbro has in store for 2021 and beyond. The panel was mostly about their entertainment prospects for the future. You can check out a summary below and check out the...

We have some G5 info! Though not nearly as much as I expected. Equestria Daily covered this too, but their article was really jank.

My Little Pony
    So many announcements for the upcoming CGI movie and the upcoming series. It was hard to keep up. The series titled as Pony Life already has Season 2 greenlighted by Hasbro.

Pony Life
    • Pony Life will feature the same voice actors from Friendship Is Magic.
    • Looks at the funny side of friendship. More humor, and relatable stories for a brand new generation.
    • Pony Life will debut this month. [Pony Life is still not considered to have officially started, since it hasn't aired in the US]
    CGI Movie
    • New generation of ponies to new generation of fans.
    • Brand new cast.
    • Old cast (Mane 6?) will be featured but the majority of the focus will be on the new characters.
    • A new ensemble of cast means exciting new products.
    • Toys are innovative and stays true to the DNA of the characters.
    • Working with a powerhouse like Paramount was incredible.
    • eOne editorial team is also working on the movie.
    • Movie releasing September 24th, 2021.
    So yeah, it's hard to say what's going on. Maybe it'll start in the FiM universe but then the leads get sucked into the multiverse? Making it My Little Pony: Voyager basically. Or it could be that by "old cast", they mean the G4 VAs return for minor roles. Suffice it to say, the 2017 leaks are pretty much useless as references now.

January 2021 comic solicitation
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    www.equestriadaily.com

(Season 10 Comic!) My Little Pony Friendship is Magic #94 Revealed - Writer, Synopsis, and Artist

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #94—Season 10 Episode 4
    Thomas Zahler (w) • Toni "Pencils" Kuusisto (a & CVR A) • Brianna "BriannaCherry" Garcia (CVR B) • Muffy Levy (1:10 RI CVR)
    MLP_FiM_94_CVR_A.jpg
    MLP_FiM_94_CVR_B.jpg
    MLP_FiM_94_1-10_RI_CVR.jpg

Twilight Sparkle is throwing the first Festival of the Two Sisters since Celestia and Luna left-and she calls in the best party planner she knows to help: Pinkie Pie! So, of course, Pinkie reaches out to the best party planner she knows: Cheese Sandwich! Could that be... romance in the air? But wait-who turned off the sound?!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

LCS Order Due Date: November 18th, 2020

Estimated Street Date: January 06th, 2021

Canon shipping incoming! And drawn by Pencils!

Comic - My Little Pony / Transformers #4
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Forgot to quote this earlier.
    My Little Pony / Transformers #4 (FINAL)
    And here we are, at the finale!

apples_appear.png

First of all, Applejack has to deal with an Insecticon infestation, but then Discord summons the entire Apple Family to help out in an Avengers moment. This was pretty good, though also didn't have much in the way of characterization.

clop_kick.png

And then the final story, with the big battle, complete with its own Avengers moment. The splash page for this was great (best part is Rarity driving Arcee into a Decepticon), and Twilight combined her magic with the Matrix of Leadership, but again, the chapter was light on characterization. It also felt a bit strange to bring in the Student Six and Cadance at this late point, but it isn't a big problem.

final-battle.png

Really not too much to say. This miniseries was a lot of fun, and the biggest problems involve not getting more of it. Thankfully, the issue does end with some sequel baiting. Who knows if we'll get it, though.

sequel_bait.png

Silver Quill's review mentions that he would have liked for the Decepticons to have gotten the upper hand at one point for this finale, to make them a bigger threat, but he's fully satisfied by this crossover.

If this series at all seems interesting to you, I definitely recommend checking it out.

Comic - Friendship is Magic #91
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #91
    Part 3 is finally here! This mainly served to showcase the abada characters, who didn't get much focus before. Biggest surprise is that Dust Devil is nonbinary, a first for G4.

This was a good issue, though there isn't much to say, really. It's them coming across problem after problem that's solved by a different focus character, like the second episode. Then it ends with a surprise, but we'll have to wait until the next issue for what it all means.

tempest_freakout.png

There was a song sequence that was cute, though I couldn't figure out how it would sound. Also, Tempest the hypocrite doesn't like songs.

brook_time_has_time.png

Silver Quill's review doesn't have much else to add. I was reminded of the oddity of a roc appearing with a completely different design than what we saw in the show (and with the ability to talk), but imagine it's just a regional difference.

roc_appear.png

Overall, good issue.

~~~

1. Higurashi - 7 - Lies (Cotton Drifting, Part 3)
    2. Glitch Techs - 208 - Settling the Score
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 27 - #RageCat
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 28 - #TheGoodTheBadAndTheBizarre
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 303 - A Wolf in Wolf's Clothing

After this stream, only two more Glitch Techs episodes left.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

Twister Crossover Collection Retro Pony Appears at Gamestop

2.jpg
    1.jpg

Well, this is an odd horse. And yes, I've seen people make sex jokes.

~~~

A bunch of Pony Life crew members posted about thank you cards they got. They didn't say why, but I imagine this is due to production on season 2, and likely the show, wrapping up. What we saw in that licensing expo only showed Pony Life lasting two seasons, so it would make sense.

~~~

deviantart-Haden-2375-861174485.jpg

deviantart-thegreatrouge-860933104.jpg

Em1sacqXEAAOB-2.jpg%3Alarge

Em4npHJXUAA564w.jpg%3Alarge

February 2021 comic solicitation
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    February 2021 comic solicitation

Friendship is Magic #95

1.jpg

Writer: Thomas F. Zahler
    Artist/Cover Artist - Toni Kuusisto
    Description: Canterlot in crisis! With the sound turned off and the invasive Muffletta Moss growing by the second, Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich race to find a solution before the Festival of the Two Sisters is ruined!

Surprised to see this Cheese and Pinkie story is a two-parter, and that Pencils is drawing this too.

Also, I guess this means we aren't getting stories for the other group's journeys into other lands, unfortunately.

~~~

deviantart-Haden-2375-861743889.jpg

deviantart-Hierozaki-861705855.jpg

deviantart-Robsa990-861712928.jpg

deviantart-ThiefTea-861585489.jpg

EnRmKwqW4AEbLaR.jpg%3Alarge

EnOJTHZXUAILsnU.jpg%3Alarge

de9159y-35acff32-4294-403e-ac57-55f079232625.png

ryuu-itijiku.tumblr.com

飽きたー - RYUABETES

飽きたー
    5498803305ed341cbbb32757c082301a3ffc0f05.png

Good giraffe comic

March 2021 comic solicitations
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    March comic solicitations

Friendship is Magic #96
    STL179485.jpg
    STL179486.jpg
    2514642.jpg

(W) Jeremy Whitley (A) Tony Fleecs (CA) JustaSuta

Twilight Sparkle has sent our favorite fillies on a journey of outreach all over Equestria! But when Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Trixie, Discord, and Capper visit Abyssinia, their trip turns sour fast-they weren't supposed to end up in jail! Good thing Capper's old friends are pretty good cat burglars...

Oh hey, looks like we're revisiting Capper's friend from the Movie prequel comics after all.

2021 Annual Special
    STL179696.jpg
    2514636.png

(W) Jeremy Whitley (A/CA) Brianna Garcia

Twilight Sparkle's mission to find friendship in all corners of Equestria has taken Rarity, Mage Meadowbrook,Maud, and Big McIntosh to the Kingdom of the Diamond Dogs! But instead of friendship, they find a feud! Can they figure out how to fix the fractured bond between six sisters?

Surprised to see a "canon" story to the season 10 story arc be covered in an annual special. Also, way different Diamond Dogs here.

Comic - Friendship is Magic #92
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Friendship is Magic #92
    Finally, we've reached the end of this arc. It's been four issues over five months, but with the delay before #89 even started it, it has felt even longer.

The issue confirms that yes, there is indeed a Tree of Harmony over in Farasi, and there appear to even be five total around the world. Kind of surprised they didn't go with six, really, since that's seemingly a special number for Harmony.

light-up_temples.png

It was interesting seeing the abandoned temple that housed the Tree, and how the characters examined it.

dust_devil_pictures.png

Rockhoof and Tempest fighting the Grootslang was fun, though Tempest did less than I would have liked.

hit_grootslang.png

With Zecora staying behind in Farasi, I expect we'll see more of that land and its characters later in season 10. However, there are still a lot of aspects I wish it could have spent more time on, such as showing off other kelpies and abadas, and explaining what's the deal with Prince Atraxa.

goodbye_zecora.png

I enjoyed this story arc, though I did think it played things too safe by sticking closely to the structure of the first two episodes of the show. Plus, while Andy Price's art is as beautiful as always, I did think the pop culture references made it confusing at times what's just a background gag and what's legit lore about Farasi. I think in this case, the setting would have benefited from a less reference-heavy portrayal.

Silver Quill's review points out that the hints at other Trees lifts this out of being just a repeat, and I must admit that was the case for me too. I had reconciled this Tree existing and the Equestria Tree having been planted by the Legends as the Tree being a sort of inevitable outcome, but the existence of temples to them does raise questions about this.