• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Game Specific day/night start
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    Attention players i need your feed back.

So as you all know for this game...

Day start: 2am UTC
    Day End: Midnight UTC

**Note that the start/end times are going to be a little different this time around. Day start will be at 2am UTC (7pm PDT) and day end at midnight UTC (5PM PDT).

We have those times to help with our moderation.

However, for DAY 1, we don't need that extra time so does everyone want day one to start at Midnight UTC? If so please so below while also confirming your role PMs.

Note that this will only be for day 1. the Remaining days will start at 2am UTC.

Last edited:
    Day 1 Begins
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    Flavor: *checks notes* Uh I guess this where you put flavor... Eh I'll come up with something later.

DAY 1 BEGINS!

Majority is 8.

Day 1 ends in:
    nqlfr8mjcv

BTW... *yawn* There's a Miller in this game. 👀

Vote tool: https://vote.fireblend.com/427238/

Last edited:
    Geno dies and Day 1 Ends!
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    Who could it be? This player who I no longer see? Could you help me guess this mystery?

Geno has died!

Welcome!

You are a Tracker!

You are aligned with town!

During the night you can track a player using the command Track: Player. You will learn who that player targeted but you will not learn what actions were performed.

You also have the power to vote!

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

The Game thread is here:
    If you have any questions please contact the gamerunners.

Have fun!

Night actions lock in:

g49ndjxj9y

Day 2 Starts
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    Another day, another dead body... wait I don't think that's how it goes.

Natiko has died!

Welcome!

You are vanilla town!

You are aligned with town!

The Game thread is here:

Have fun!

DAY 2 BEGINS!

Majority is : 7

Vote tool: https://vote.fireblend.com/427238/

y61kddltn6

Last edited:
    The flavor is revealed!
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    Sorry about that everyone! I know you were expecting your new name tags yesterday but the package got lost in the mail! Either case we have them now, so please stop by and get them when you get the chance... ehe.

It's just so ironic they got lost in the mail considering...

110e7c1e1c8c8953e787b56fdff866ed.gif

WE ALL WORK AT A POST OFFICE!!!

The mods will now send out your real role pms!!!

Stantastic you can click on that PM now 👀

All the flavor missing from days 1 and 2
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    Game flavor: It was just another day in a small post office in some small town somewhere... it seemed that way at least... but then something happened!!! Someone cooked a fish in the microwave!!!

In other news...

Orion is out with the flu for the foreseeable future!!!

SAMPLE PM HAS DIED!

For you it's a job. It pays well and that's all that matters!

You are Orion the Ordinary Employee and you are a Messenger!

You are aligned with the U.S. Post Office in some boring little town (That is Town).

During the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

The Game thread is here:

Good luck earning your paycheck!

---

Day one start: As it turned out that fish seems to be some ominous forboding for the future events that'd would unfold... can the Post Office solve the case?

---

Day one end:

Patricia: All this bullshit is too much for me, I can pay off my loans with a better job.

Patricia has quit to pursue a better life!

(Geno has died!) in highlight text normally.

Originally you started out as a part time employee fresh out of college, but when the scanner broke down, you were able to fix it and you were promoted. You appreciate the extra money, but still you wish you could pay off your student loans faster.

You are Patricia the Package Tracker and you are a Tracker and Messenger!

You are aligned with the U.S. Post Office in some boring little town (That is Town).

During the night you can track a player using the command Follow that Package!: Player. You will learn who that player targeted but you will not learn what actions were performed.

Also during the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

The Game thread is here:

Good luck paying off your loans!

---

Day 2 start:

The Boss: It's unfortunate to say this but Yennifer has to be terminated. She spends way to much time gossiping to get any work done and I just won't let it stand anymore!!!

Yennifer has been fired!

(Natiko has died!) in highlight text normally.

Your job is fun. Sure some of your coworkers are annoying… like Brandi who is always making you look bad but you still think the job is a lot of fun with all the stuff you get up to on your breaks. Plus the holiday parties and picnics are fun.

You are Yennifer the Ordinary Employee and you a Messenger!

During the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

The Game thread is here:

Good Luck and have fun!

Day 3 start
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    "It's unfortunate to inform you but we must terminate your position effective immediately. We do take this sort of behavior lightly, and you should have known better than to leave your office and file cabinets containing confidential information unlocked... so we hope you do better in the future. Please turn in your firing paperwork to HR--- wait you are HR... well this is awkward >>"

Heather has been fired!

Hawthorn has died!
    You hate having to fire employees, but sadly it comes with the job and in general you are very good at it. It doesn't help that you are fairly new at this branch, so not many people know you, so you are a bit worried about being considered the bad guy.

You are Heather the Head of HR and you are a 1 shot Parity Cop and Messenger!

During the night you can target one player with the command, Work Assessment: Player. On a different night you can target a second player with the same command. After two players have been selected, you will receive a result of "Both are the same alignment" "Both are not the same Alignment" or "No result."

Also during the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

The Game thread is here:

Have fun getting to know your coworkers!

DAY 3 BEGINS!

Majority is: 6

Day 3 ends in:
    3hv38iyert

Last edited:
    Day 4 starts
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    Watching his best friend in the entire world arrested, his soul was crushed. How could a good and kind hearted man he had known for decades do all these horrible things to a job they both had loved? As he looked on, anyone could tell he was a changed man.

"Don't you think he looks tired?" Whispers a voice, watching and waiting patiently.

Sure enough Upper management who decided to do an employee review after the arrest, handed a saddened defeated man his retirement papers.

"No hard feelings man... but you were really close with him and honestly you are close to retirement age anyways, so isn't a good time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the bliss of retirement?"

Without saying much, he quietly accepted defeat... leaving his retirement party early.

Boris has been forcefully retired!

TheChuggernaut has died!

You have been with this company a long time, and you love it. You are even one of the post office's longest serving employees (in this branch at least). The job is long and hard, but the annual company picnic (where you handle the grill) and getting drinks after work with Barry make it all worth it.

You are Boris the Box Mender and you a 3 shot Doctor and Messenger.

During the night you can select a player with the command Fix the box!: Player. The player will be protected for the night from all killing powers. You cannot target yourself or select the same player on consecutive nights.

You will when all threats to town are eliminated.

The Game thread is here:

Good luck planning for the next picnic!

Day 4 Begins!

Majority is: 5

Day 4 ends in:
    pl8ddi0dn4

Last edited:
    Day 4 ends
  • Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
    Brandi loved her job to bits. Every time she got up in the morning, she'd do a little dance knowing she worked at the USPS! Even the worst parts, like lazy coworkers, back biting customers and an ineffectual management couldn't keep her down.

But recently she'd been less than happy with the environment. People were threatening the authority of the USPS! They were attempting to sabatoge her dream job! How dare they!?

So she took advantage of her unassuming job post to listen in on other employees and send that information up to general management. That continued for a few week until unsatisfied with their response, she took action into her own hands.

She went directly to USPS headquarters with this branch's problems, and gleefully told them all about leadership's failings. Needless to say this didn't go over well when it got back to general management, but by that time Brandi had already secured a new post at USPS HQ by sucking up to the big bosses.

Brandi has job hopped!

EvilChameleon has died!

He was...
    By golly do you love your job! You love your coworkers, you love doing your work, and you love having lunch breaks with Lisa. You also love following the rules to the letter, so you will do everything you can to make sure your job is perfect.

You are Brandi the Brown Noser and you are a Loyal Messenger!

During the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it. However, you can only send mail to town players. If you send a message to a non-town player, it will not be delivered. You will not be notified if the mail was delivered or not.

You will when all threats to town are eliminated.

The Game thread is here: You are also here

Good luck doing your job!

Night Actions Lock In:
    2iwdadvg1h

Last edited:
    Day 5 Start
  • Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
    "-And the guy said, 'I'm not a rider, I'm a writer', hahaha. Get it? You get it? Because writer and rider sound similar muffled-no, no, you get it, haha."

When an uncomfortable chuckle floated around the watercooler for the umpteenth time, the loudspeaker started.

"Orveille to General Management. I repeat, Orveille to General Management."

Disappointed to end his standup early, Orville shot finger guns all the way over to General Management but not before promising another impromptu act later for his fans. Who else but Orville could be so loved?

"Yeah, so we're going to have to let you go."

Orville started. "To where?"

"Not to where, you're fired. Terminated. Cut. Dropped. Please clear out your belongings by--"

"But why!? I haven't done anything to get fired!"

"We got a lot of complaints about your 'stand up' acts. For example, you told cruel jokes at the expense of others, which isn't cool."

"I've never made any off-color jokes!"

"Oh, so you didn't make a joke about Fed Ex beating us on deliveries!?"

"Oh, well...I made that joke."

"And UPS being a better, smarter and more easily recognizable version of us!?"

"I actually wouldn't call that one a joke..."

"Get out! You're a mockery to the USPS uniform! You second rate Jerry Seinfeld joker!"

"Fine! I don't need this shit. I can get a better job running outside in traffic with my eyes closed. And just for the record, the water in the cooler is stale, just like your hairline. Maybe fix your shit before coming at me. Orville out."

Orville has been fired!

"...Not gonna lie, that last bit was actually funny."

AllThingsPurple has died!

He was...

You find your job okay. It's not a bad job, and it's def better than that pizza job you did in high school, but you def kind of wished you had followed your dream of becoming a stand up comedian instead. Now you practice your jokes around the water cooler while chatting about the local gossip with Yennifer and anyone else getting water. Maybe one day you'll follow your dreams.

You are Orville the Office Gossip and you are a Gossip (Duh) and a Messenger!

During the day phase you can message the command, Gossip with: Player. You will have a night chat with your target for the night phase.

The Game thread is here:

Good Luck finding intriguing gossip out there!

Day 5 Begins

Day 5 Ends In:
    xxhkgzhytr

Majority is 4

Last edited:
    day 5 ends
  • Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
    Recently he had been feeling hesitant about continuing his string of...activities, especially after that meat head Barry was caught, but every time he wanted to back away the allure of the stamps in front of him pulled him right back.

"--Oh, this is a rare one. Don't mind if I do..."

Just as the shadowed figure reached out to grab another stamp, the windows shattered and men in black barrelled inside!

"Caught you! Get on the ground! Get on the ground! Don't make us stamp your ass out!"

"Who!?" The shadowed figure abruptly whipped around in fear and panic and accidently flipped on the room lights.

A bright flash later, standing inside the inventory room holding a handul of stamps was none other than Stanford the employee!

Unsurprised, the men in black slowly encircled him and moved to secure the room.

"This is the USPS Recon 1. We've caught the rabbit and are moving to engage."

"I was just..."

Racking his brain, Stanford attempted to just make an excuse first and see what the hell was going on later.

"Save it, by the powers granted to us by the mighty USPS, you're under arrest for grand larceny. You stole quite a lot of stamps Stan, quite a lot. You won't be seeing anyone for a long, long time. "

Feeling things tumbling from bad to worse, Stanford fumbled with his words explaining he was just there to get things in order before rousing himself to get angry at them accusing him.

"Who are you people!? I'll sue you for slander! Do you have proof!? Evidence!? You better show me the evidence before saying whatever garbage comes out of your mouth! You can't handle the consequences! Do you know who I know!? I'm Stan-the damn model employee-ford, I run this place!"

The men in black looked at each other before laughing.

"Just like she said, he won't give in until he's five feet under. Show him the proof, courtesy of National Regional Manager Brandi. She's been watching and waiting to clean you up ever since she got a tip off."

Throwing a stack of papers to Stanford, his face paled. Just the first page alone would send him away for a long time.

"Impossible...impossible, it wasn't supposed to be like this...it wasn't supposed to be like this...this is a dream...they lied to me...THEY LIED TO ME! ARGHH-!"

"Shut him up and take him away, get into ascetism in your next life instead of crossing the USPS."

Stanford was arrested!

HPsauce has died!

He was...

A kleptomaniac with a stamp collecting hobby you were hired by an anonymous benefactor that wants you to sabotage the postal system. This seemed perfect for you as you get to steal as many stamps as you want, though hopefully you don't get caught before you complete your work.

You are Stanford the Stamp Thief and you are a Role Thief, Ascetic, and Messenger.

You are aligned with those wanting revenge on the U.S. Postal System (That is Mafia).

During the night you can target a player with the command, Steal: Player. You may receive an item that is a clue to the role of player you stole from. You will roleblock the player for the night if they can be roleblocked.

You are also anAscetic, because you are currently moving and have no address. No night actions except for killing actions will affect you and you can't even receive mail.

You also have the mafia factional kill! Just type Sabotage: Player.

You win the game when the mafia faction takes up 50% of the remaining players.

Your partners: Do you want it?
    Scum thread: You know the deal by now.
    Main game thread: You're welcome

Good luck fixing a corrupt system out there!

NIGHT ACTIONS LOCK IN:
    xxhkgzhytr

Last edited:
    Day 6 start
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    He was doing his boring clerk job like he always does when management approached him.

"Heyyyyyy Ramachandr how's it going?"

"... fine... how are you guys?"

"Not great buddy. We found out that you have been insulting most of your coworkers even in front of customers! We know some of those insults you said were in Hindi, but we looked them up and man ... who knew such a sweet seeming man such as yourself could say those things. As a result we will have to terminate you."

Ramachandr in many ways had been expecting this. Medina was the only one keeping him around despite his constant complaining about not being promoted, so after she quit it seemed obvious this would happen sooner or later.

"Fine! Working in a post office isn't what I wanted to do anyways!" He said defiantly

For some reason music no one could explain where it was coming from started to play.

Ramachandr continued.

"I don't wanna be a mail clerk! I don't want to deal all day with annoying people complaining about our box prices... and how expensive stamps have gotten...

I want to become... music swell a miller!!!!"

"Security" was all management needed to say for Ramachandr to be dragged off before he could start actually singing.

"Why the fuck would he want to be that?" Said Management not understanding

Ramachandr had been fired!

Sorian has died!

You have been working here for a while… but nothing has really come out of it. You keep hoping you'll get promoted but someone else always seems to. At this point Orion will get promoted before you do.

You are Ramachandr the Ordinary Employee and you a Messenger!

The Game thread is here:

Maybe one day you'll get promoted!

He was not...

the Miller!!!

Day 6 begins

majority is: 3

5j67dnq7ek

day 6 ends
  • Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
    "-This time it'll work. Yes, this time we'll go off with a ba..."

BANG!

Just as Bob was fixing the necessary wiring in place, general management slapped down a folder of files right next to him! Startled, scared and trying to hide enough of the device, Bob almost jerked his hand to the ignition button.

"Hey Bob!"

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, don't do that!"

"Why so jumpy? It's not like you're building a bomb, hahaha."

"Yeah...hahaha."

General Managment nodded to themselves for their smooth small talk, feeling the power of their employee and management bond. Truly beautiful stuff.

"Anyway, we're going to need this copied, filed, sorted and mailed to HQ by 11 AM today. That new regional manager is breathing down our neck, I never knew what a time bomb that ingrate was."

Bob wasn't really listening and just smiled and nodded to get them to leave before he came to his senses.

"Wait...it's 10:30 AM right now...?"

"Yeah, so you're going to have to work fast, chop, chop. Don't worry, we believe in you! Can you fix it, yes you can! Haha...man, good chat. Good chat."

Even as Bob smoldered in rage and disbelief, General management walked away with a spring in their step.

Angry, he unknowingly smacked the device on the table! It began to whirr and groan and just as he was about to say "oh, fuck", sparks ran along it causing an overload to occur! A flash of light and a large boom later, the entire room was covered in glitter that drifted out to the rest of the post office.

Wiping the copious amount of glitter from their face, general management turned to stare at Bob who was entirely covered in glitter.

"...Would you believe me if I said this was a birthday present for you? Happy Birthday!"

"Cute...but no."

The bomb squad was called and Bob was arrested!

General Management shook their head.

"He really self-imploded...haha, that's a good one, I should write it down."

Bob howled in agony as he was taken away!

Blargonaut has died!

He was...

You used to love your job. It was the best job in the world. But over time you really grew to hate it due to all the little shit like Orville's jokes and all the middle management crap. Well you are going to show them... you are going to make them pay.

You are Bob the Bomb Maker and you are an Arsonist and Messenger!

You are aligned with only yourself and you are going Postal \o/ (That is Neutral).

During the night you can select a target by using the command, Mail Bomb: Player. The player will be notified of receiving a package but nothing will happen.

You win the game when three players in the game besides you have active bombs. They will explode and you will leave the game.

The Game Thread is here: Where do you think we are?

Good luck getting your revenge!

THE NIGHT WILL END ONCE EVERYONE HAS PUT IN THEIR NIGHT ACTIONS

Last edited:
    Day 7 Start
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    It was a normal day at the post office despite all the firings, arrests, quitting, and promotions... Everyone left expected something to happen, but amazingly nothing did!

"Carry on everyone" was all management needed to say also seeming to be surprised that some craziness hadn't happened.

No one died!

Day 7 Begins!

Majority: 3

Day 7 ends in:

ogxzvwbbb2

Hobohodo Stantastic weemadarthur SalvaPot

The End!
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    Lisa was a law student, she knew her rights and she knew about the law. She tried to bluff her way out of this, but Stan's missteps and her habit of stealing packages had been too much for her. Even when she lawyered up, it wasn't able to help her case much, so she took a plea deal and told the cops everything.

As a result, the post office was saved, and it went back to the same status quo it had had before all this... but with less employees!

---

Dan the Deliveryman continued delivering packages and he became the new employee of the month because he was the best employee there. He led an example for the others!

Hobohodo has won!

You got promoted as the delivery man because you are one of the few employees that had a clean driving record. As a result you don't see many of your coworkers except for Ivan the Intern who handles your work while you are out of the office. You do like the annual company picnic tho.

You are Dan the Delivery Man and you a 2 shot Commuter and Messenger.

During the night you can submit the command Travel my Route and you will not be affected by any actions the entire night.

Also during the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it. However, on nights you are commuting you will not be able to use this command. You will also not receive any mail.

The Game thread is here:

Good luck delivering that mail!

Additionally Dan was a fish vendor! When he commuted, his intern Ivan would send out a package!

His intern Ivan also got offered a permanent position!

---

After their uncle was forced to retire... Petrushka considered quitting, but then management approached them with a sweet promotion for their help finding the bombs and taking down Bob! Petra wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth so they gladly accepted it. They became one of the main managers of the post office and filled in the hole their uncle Boris had left.

They still really want to flirt with employees... but luckily the only one in the office left is Larry who is still as gross as ever so that helps.

Salvapot has won!

Your uncle got you this job, and you don't really like it... but at least your coworkers are cute. You often think about asking out one of your coworkers, but Heather from HR keeps reminding everyone that office fraternizing is off limits. What a major bummer!

You are Petrushka the Package scanner and you are a Bomb Defuser and Messenger!

During the night you can target a player by using the command, Package scan: Player. If the player has an active bomb, the bomb squad will be called to defuse the bomb. You will not be notified of your results, but your target will be if they have a bomb (because the bomb squad will be kicking in their door LOL).

The Game thread is here:

Good luck flirting without your uncle or Heather finding out!

---

Normally management would have let Larry go with his resignation especially do to his poor employee record, but with only Dan and Petra left, they needed to keep as many employees around as possible so they wouldn't have to do the work!

As a result, they called Larry up and explained the miscommunication. However, Larry only came back when they offered him a new and more cushy job with more pay!

Stantastic has won!

To you this is just a boring as fuck 9-5 job that lets you pay your bills and buy the new Football Manager coming out for the year. At least you can goof off in the employee lounge sometimes and the cupcakes someone brings in to work aren't that bad either.

You are Larry the Ordinary Employee and you a Messenger!

The Game thread is here:

Hope you pay your bills this month!

Additionally :D :D :D Larry was in fact!!! Larry the Lazy Employee! He was the Miller and wasn't told this fact, but additionally he wasn't told that he his mail target would be randomized every night because he's so fucking lazy!

---

Town has won!

Link to all the mail sent through out the game and flavor stuff.
  • OP
    OP
    lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
    Mar 27, 2019
    Washington
    Thank you everyone for playing our crazy crazy game! There were some missteps made on the part of us mods such as not RNGing Larry's PM on night one, and forgetting HP can't get mail, but over all it went great and I hope everyone had fun.

I've learned a lot about this game and I'm proud of all the players, especially our scum team and Blarg who really tried their best!

Additionally, I'll be posting a link to all the messages people sent each other

This is that link so enjoy!

Also

I made a flavor tree for how all the characters were connected so check that shit out!