• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hobohodo

Oct 25, 2017
Weird drum question and I know I shouldn't base ANY decisions on this answer really but what are your guys post worker names?

I'm Dan.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lisa.
can't see any reason why it matters. None of the names seemed familiar to me or to all come from some specific media.

Hobohodo

Oct 25, 2017
I have a reason for asking and it's probably the stupidest reason ever and spec chat are gonna hate me.

I'm gonna be gone for a bit as I've gotta do the hosting thing but I'll be back after that, sorry for putting end game on hold. šŸ˜¬

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
even though stan was convinced mafia sent him the first day's message, i claimed it lol. Why do that too, if i'm some mafia mail misdirector, and knew i could fit in some perfectly coordinated message shenanigans.

I have no clue whatsoever what's been happening with the mail. despite paying good attention salva! It just hasn't been consistent as a single common role, which is why i suggested JOAT.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Like your recent statement about "move all the mail from one person to another" doesn't account for the missing message so your reasoning clearly has a flaw in, somewhere.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brandi loved her job to bits. Every time she got up in the morning, she'd do a little dance knowing she worked at the USPS! Even the worst parts, like lazy coworkers, back biting customers and an ineffectual management couldn't keep her down.

But recently she'd been less than happy with the environment. People were threatening the authority of the USPS! They were attempting to sabatoge her dream job! How dare they!?

So she took advantage of her unassuming job post to listen in on other employees and send that information up to general management. That continued for a few week until unsatisfied with their response, she took action into her own hands.

She went directly to USPS headquarters with this branch's problems, and gleefully told them all about leadership's failings. Needless to say this didn't go over well when it got back to general management, but by that time Brandi had already secured a new post at USPS HQ by sucking up to the big bosses.

Brandi has job hopped!

EvilChameleon has died!

He was...

Night Actions Lock In:
2iwdadvg1h
Lisa

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Still pretty irrelevant. Ephidel didn't lie about her flavor name once those were supplied, and we haven't had repeats in any flips that i recall.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for disappearing, I've just finished my shift.

My flavour name is Lisa and I'm a Law Student (originally a Sleepwalker). I 'go to study' on an evening but check in on a random player during every night phase. I can't do anything when I visit though.
Because of my role I'm not supposed to be able to receive mail however due to a mistake from one of the gamerunners on Day 1 I ended up getting a message from somebody (hopefully they are willing to confirm this). I guess that's why I didn't receive Blarg's Parcel as well. I would've claimed earlier but seeing as Geno died so early I figured it wasn't necessary. I'm glad I didn't though because I guess it made Blarg waste a night.
Did you react to this, wee?

Hobohodo

Oct 25, 2017
I want to give wee a chance to respond, but if we assume mafia were given a list of 'safe claims' to make (which I assume HP would have used) then it ain't looking good for Lisa.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ya got me, I have nothing to do with scum. Maybe he pulled it out of the other flavor. I don't go around reading flavor generally, i had to go check my PM for the name.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For the role claim generally I saw sleepwalker and my eyes glazed over at the rest. I don't think I had any chance to comment on it due to turbo while I was doing family things.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How could you miss the role claim with your name on it, tho?
Hell i forgot my role name salva.
why would i remember a generic name, or anything else, that's purely flavor, in a game that's not even media themed and therefore unrecognizable? Like if this is some The Office reference, ok, i don't watch that show. But i pretty much read the red text.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I want to give wee a chance to respond, but if we assume mafia were given a list of 'safe claims' to make (which I assume HP would have used) then it ain't looking good for Lisa.
That's basically a requirement for game writing.

jman and you don't have to wonder, yes of course scum gets fake claims.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Recently he had been feeling hesitant about continuing his string of...activities, especially after that meat head Barry was caught, but every time he wanted to back away the allure of the stamps in front of him pulled him right back.

"--Oh, this is a rare one. Don't mind if I do..."

Just as the shadowed figure reached out to grab another stamp, the windows shattered and men in black barrelled inside!

"Caught you! Get on the ground! Get on the ground! Don't make us stamp your ass out!"

"Who!?" The shadowed figure abruptly whipped around in fear and panic and accidently flipped on the room lights.

A bright flash later, standing inside the inventory room holding a handul of stamps was none other than Stanford the employee!

Unsurprised, the men in black slowly encircled him and moved to secure the room.

"This is the USPS Recon 1. We've caught the rabbit and are moving to engage."

"I was just..."

Racking his brain, Stanford attempted to just make an excuse first and see what the hell was going on later.

"Save it, by the powers granted to us by the mighty USPS, you're under arrest for grand larceny. You stole quite a lot of stamps Stan, quite a lot. You won't be seeing anyone for a long, long time. "

Feeling things tumbling from bad to worse, Stanford fumbled with his words explaining he was just there to get things in order before rousing himself to get angry at them accusing him.

"Who are you people!? I'll sue you for slander! Do you have proof!? Evidence!? You better show me the evidence before saying whatever garbage comes out of your mouth! You can't handle the consequences! Do you know who I know!? I'm Stan-the damn model employee-ford, I run this place!"

The men in black looked at each other before laughing.

"Just like she said, he won't give in until he's five feet under. Show him the proof, courtesy of National Regional Manager Brandi. She's been watching and waiting to clean you up ever since she got a tip off."

Throwing a stack of papers to Stanford, his face paled. Just the first page alone would send him away for a long time.

"Impossible...impossible, it wasn't supposed to be like this...it wasn't supposed to be like this...this is a dream...they lied to me...THEY LIED TO ME! ARGHH-!"

"Shut him up and take him away, get into ascetism in your next life instead of crossing the USPS."

Stanford was arrested!

HPsauce has died!

He was...
Lol his name was stanford. That amuses me.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sure they get fake claims, so no need on using a random one that happened to be the one you also had.
Yeah, you would think. Scum go off on weird tangents tho. I've seen a ton of games where they abandon their given fake claims and then get outed by duplication of power Or ok, flavor name if it's a themed Game. Sorry i missed it but the only thing I checked in my 2nd role PM was that i was still vanilla.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Like, the only thing I can guess is that he got freaked out that his flavor name was too similar to his remaining scummate's name, and went looking for a name that he could alliterate [didja notice that? They are all alliterated except vanillas] and added Law to Student.

But that's a random guess and we can't know until the game is over.

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
It was a normal day I guess??? At the office. A lot had changed and there wasn't much left in office at this point. Only four employees were left working in the office, and one of them was Dan the delivery man who was too busy delivering packages to be around.

As a result Larry was minding his own damn business looking up the latest Football manager news when he saw management heading his way.

In many ways he expected this.

Normally he would have pretended to actually be working, but today he didn't care at all, he knew what was coming...

"Hey Larry!" They all said happily. "Ho-"

"I'll just stop you right there." Larry said grinning like a man who knew what he had to do "I know what you are going to say... and honestly we all knew it was coming. Honestly I'm impressed you took this long to call me out on it, but I get it. So before you fire me... I'll just stop you there and say I QUIT!" And with that he took his cactus, put on some shades and yelled "LATER BITCHES" as he double flipped off the entire office on his way out the door.

Management wasn't sure how to respond. They really were just going to ask Larry how his day was going and maybe ask what he thought about Lisa... as far as they knew Larry was an okay worker... tho he did have some bad marks on it too. Oooh well... they can call explain to him this later... they had bigger stuff to deal with.

Lisa had been laughing at Larry's quitting because she hadn't expected it to be that easy to get him out of the office. She had been planning something more elaborate, and here he was quitting and flipping them off as he left. What great news.... well it seemed that way until management approached her.

"Lisa... according to our records you are friends with our new regional manager Brandi right?"

"Uh... yes?" Lisa said innocently.

"But you were also friends with that no good stamp thief Stanford right?"

"uh... yes?" Lisa said innocently.

"Because Brandi was such a good friend of yours... she stood up for you and said you were an upstanding label maker... and honestly we want to believe her because she so good at her job."

"That's great?"

"However, before Stanford was arrested he claimed he was busy with you on one of the days he was actually stealing stamps... and well you backed him up. and honestly it's not a great look. I'm sure you are innocent in all this but we really need you to come down to the station and talk to the cops. They also want to talk to you about why two of that Maniac Bob's packages ended up at your door when he claimed to have mailed them to others."

"... Okay" Lisa said.

With that Lisa was carried off leaving Petrushka as the only one in the office with no one to flirt with :<

Lisa is being interrogated by the police!

weemadarthur has died!

This job is shitty but at least you have your BFFs who you can joke around with on your breaks. At first, you didn't want to sabotage the post office, but you changed your mind when one of your partners told you you can finally steal some packages and other fun stuff. You've always wanted to do that shit so let's have some fun.

You are Lisa the Label Maker and you are a Switcher, Package Thief, and Messenger.

You are aligned with those wanting revenge on the U.S. Postal System (That is Mafia).

During the night you can target two players with the command, Label Switch: Player 1 and Player 2. The two players will be swapped and all actions that are supposed to happen to one player will happen to the other and vice versa.

Additionally when you switch targets, any packages that were going to be delivered to either of them will be sent to you instead. Finally you will sabotage any messages being sent to your two targets.

Besides that during the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

You also have the power to vote!

You also have the mafia factional kill! Just type Sabotage: Player.

You win the game when the mafia faction takes up 50% of the remaining players.

Your partners:
Scum thread:
Main game thread:
If you have any questions please contact the gamerunners.

Good luck fixing a corrupt system out there!

Last edited:
The End!
OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lisa was a law student, she knew her rights and she knew about the law. She tried to bluff her way out of this, but Stan's missteps and her habit of stealing packages had been too much for her. Even when she lawyered up, it wasn't able to help her case much, so she took a plea deal and told the cops everything.

As a result, the post office was saved, and it went back to the same status quo it had had before all this... but with less employees!

---

Dan the Deliveryman continued delivering packages and he became the new employee of the month because he was the best employee there. He led an example for the others!

Hobohodo has won!

You got promoted as the delivery man because you are one of the few employees that had a clean driving record. As a result you don't see many of your coworkers except for Ivan the Intern who handles your work while you are out of the office. You do like the annual company picnic tho.

You are Dan the Delivery Man and you a 2 shot Commuter and Messenger.

You are aligned with the U.S. Post Office in some boring little town (That is Town).

During the night you can submit the command Travel my Route and you will not be affected by any actions the entire night.

Also during the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it. However, on nights you are commuting you will not be able to use this command. You will also not receive any mail.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

The Game thread is here:

Good luck delivering that mail!

Additionally Dan was a fish vendor! When he commuted, his intern Ivan would send out a package!

His intern Ivan also got offered a permanent position!

---

After their uncle was forced to retire... Petrushka considered quitting, but then management approached them with a sweet promotion for their help finding the bombs and taking down Bob! Petra wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth so they gladly accepted it. They became one of the main managers of the post office and filled in the hole their uncle Boris had left.

They still really want to flirt with employees... but luckily the only one in the office left is Larry who is still as gross as ever so that helps.

Salvapot has won!

Your uncle got you this job, and you don't really like it... but at least your coworkers are cute. You often think about asking out one of your coworkers, but Heather from HR keeps reminding everyone that office fraternizing is off limits. What a major bummer!

You are Petrushka the Package scanner and you are a Bomb Defuser and Messenger!

You are aligned with the U.S. Post Office in some boring little town (That is Town).

During the night you can target a player by using the command, Package scan: Player. If the player has an active bomb, the bomb squad will be called to defuse the bomb. You will not be notified of your results, but your target will be if they have a bomb (because the bomb squad will be kicking in their door LOL).

Also during the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

The Game thread is here:

Good luck flirting without your uncle or Heather finding out!

---

Normally management would have let Larry go with his resignation especially do to his poor employee record, but with only Dan and Petra left, they needed to keep as many employees around as possible so they wouldn't have to do the work!

As a result, they called Larry up and explained the miscommunication. However, Larry only came back when they offered him a new and more cushy job with more pay!

Stantastic has won!

To you this is just a boring as fuck 9-5 job that lets you pay your bills and buy the new Football Manager coming out for the year. At least you can goof off in the employee lounge sometimes and the cupcakes someone brings in to work aren't that bad either.

You are Larry the Ordinary Employee and you a Messenger!

During the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

The Game thread is here:

Hope you pay your bills this month!

Additionally :D :D :D Larry was in fact!!! Larry the Lazy Employee! He was the Miller and wasn't told this fact, but additionally he wasn't told that he his mail target would be randomized every night because he's so fucking lazy!

---

Town has won!

Link to all the mail sent through out the game and flavor stuff.
OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Thank you everyone for playing our crazy crazy game! There were some missteps made on the part of us mods such as not RNGing Larry's PM on night one, and forgetting HP can't get mail, but over all it went great and I hope everyone had fun.

I've learned a lot about this game and I'm proud of all the players, especially our scum team and Blarg who really tried their best!

Additionally, I'll be posting a link to all the messages people sent each other

This is that link so enjoy!

Also

I made a flavor tree for how all the characters were connected so check that shit out!

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Additionally :D :D :D Larry was in fact!!! Larry the Lazy Employee! He was the Miller and wasn't told this fact, but additionally he wasn't told that he his mail target would be randomized every night because he's so fucking lazy!
Lol

so was the medium able to triple as a cop? Cause 3 cops is a lot of frickin cops