• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe an australian doesn't know a discworld quote when he sees it.

it says MESENGERS because that's how pterry bastardized the pony express motto. not sure which book introduces the post office generally speaking, i know it's before the one i read this week (men at arms) which is from 1993, so before that.

[Hidden content]
fukin forgot about this shit, tempted to vote right now for it

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
oh i guess that doesnt work well with quoting.

that hidden content was fightin words lemmie tell ya.

absolutely unacceptable in this good space thank you very much.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Specifically on Jman its more just reviewing his play round D2 with all the message shenangins, The pretyped post, the confidence in the assumption that everyone was a messenger and taking my own idea with the message i got from Wee in stride even further than i was going with it feel like the kind of Jman jank i would easily count on him faking.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Jman was apparently the first effected by whatever was waylaying messages, an effect thats still in the game unless i missed something.

if thats a scum power id call that a bigly point in Hobos favour as i really doubt scum would aim it at themselves on D1, but im haunted by the idea its nobodies power and just some independent chaos woven into the game.

Hobohodo

Oct 25, 2017
I finish work in like two hours and will be able to keep tabs on the thread all the way till day end then.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
im probably going to cast my vote before heading off tonight btw, hopefully will stick around long enough to see peeps show up proper but its already 1am so no promises.

Also this time i give everyone permission to vote me off while im gone, just this once, as a treat.

dont tho.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
fukin yeah reading up to like D4 of Jman i cant really see scum there.

Will start on Wee now and see how that goes.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Hobohodo

Oct 25, 2017
Actually game relevant question, what do you make of Jmans play this game?

I don't know what Jmans normal play style was but it seemed okay to me? I'm not the 'gambit' type so I wouldn't have tried to send out a fake command to someone like they did but I could jive with their reasoning. I didn't really get the pressure he received for assuming there were multiple messengers out the gate as it felt like a logical conclusion to make if you had been able to send, and also received, a message.

The only play I didn't quite follow was them going on Blarg so much with that red text thing. Without going back to look I can't remember if it was pre or post arsonist reveal (I wanna say post?) but then sticking on Blarg when there was a good case on Ephi/HP at the time was a bit ehh.

Hobo whats your favourite kind of Pizza?

Can't go wrong with a Pepperoni, but I ain't being fussy when it comes to Pizza.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Salva being so quiet today, especially when there feels like a soft consensus from the rest of us that they are town. I keep thinking back to the Day 1 final tally where expecting me (as jman) and wee as mafia means expecting that all scum stacked on one person.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what Jmans normal play style was but it seemed okay to me? I'm not the 'gambit' type so I wouldn't have tried to send out a fake command to someone like they did but I could jive with their reasoning. I didn't really get the pressure he received for assuming there were multiple messengers out the gate as it felt like a logical conclusion to make if you had been able to send, and also received, a message.

The only play I didn't quite follow was them going on Blarg so much with that red text thing. Without going back to look I can't remember if it was pre or post arsonist reveal (I wanna say post?) but then sticking on Blarg when there was a good case on Ephi/HP at the time was a bit ehh.

Can't go wrong with a Pepperoni, but I ain't being fussy when it comes to Pizza.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Salva being so quiet today, especially when there feels like a soft consensus from the rest of us that they are town. I keep thinking back to the Day 1 final tally where expecting me (as jman) and wee as mafia means expecting that all scum stacked on one person.
Cheers, and the red text thing was well before the arsonist reveal.

As for Salva im putting that pretty much entirely on Salva not being a huge solver and under zero pressure.
I get what you mean tho but i cant see a way Salva isnt the defuser so thats just kinda confirmed enough for me today.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
...would a scum defuser make sense?

Like scum is at risk of being arsonisted as much as town, but i cant think of any game thats ever had a neutral countering role on the mafias team.

Hobohodo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree that Salva has to be a defuser.

And yeah, there's no real reason that the defuser couldn't be scum. In a way I can see a scum defuser making Blargs wincon easier if they could get a deal going via the messages. Blarg never douses scum and scum defuser can just pretend to defuse people when they tell the thread they have a package. You guys said you didn't ever get a notification you'd been defused right?

But I just don't feel great about having any suspicions on Salva mainly coming from Blargs seemingly tough wincon. That was my reasoning for naming Salva as scum when I replaced in, not for anything that Salva had actually done.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My computer refuses to type I's and O's and that pretty much killed my enjoyment of writing. I got a new phone so let'ssee if I can figure it out.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, messenger.

Speaking off whoever sent me one, was there supposed to be like a hidden code with it ir do you just hate proof reading even more than i do?
I have soft proof I'm not Mafia

I sent TheChuggernaut a message pretending to be a Mod and told him he had a Vig shot in red Text but I fucked up because I randomly capitalized words giving away that the message was from me.

Also once I figured out everyone was a messenger it was obvious chuggs would not fall for the Trap.

If I was part of mafia it would already be clear everyone was messenger since my teammates would be messengers too meaning I would not fake a Mod message.
I did not get this message
yeah I got your "Vig shot", jman
Oh notable in looking at the message i received is it implies they knew there would be multiple messengers in action last night.
Pretty sure I got that one, it made me feel incredibly bad about how low effort my own was because I hedged my bets in whether I'd want to admit to mine or not considering I thought it was only me.

I will answer it properly later because it deserves it.
I can't believe an australian doesn't know a discworld quote when he sees it.

it says MESENGERS because that's how pterry bastardized the pony express motto. not sure which book introduces the post office generally speaking, i know it's before the one i read this week (men at arms) which is from 1993, so before that.

[Hidden content]
Day 2 messages.

Stan messaged Ephi
Wee messaged Stan
Jman messaged chuggs but chugs did not get it, blarf did.

So Jman was messed by the switcher/redirector.
Stan messaged the scum player that admitted was surprised by how deep it was.
Wee used her message to do book quotes.

If I was to vote right now I would vote wee.

I need to read more.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Blargonaut (4 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #1,198 #1,372
Stantastic - #1,317
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,323 #1,356
Hawthorn - #1,357 #1,376
weemadarthur - #1,360
HPsauce - #1,368
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,370

Ephidel (3 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,167
EvilChameleon - #1,322
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,356 #1,370
TheChuggernaut - #1,410
Blargonaut - #1,441 #1,472

SalvaPot (2 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #1,466
Blargonaut - #1,472

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
Hawthorn - #1,417

TheChuggernaut (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #1,199 #1,225
Ephidel - #1,344 #1,453
AllThingsPurple - #1,348 #1,452
Blargonaut - #1,414 #1,441

EvilChameleon (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #1,004 #1,022

AllThingsPurple (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #1,130 #1,199

Not voting: Sorian, Ephidel, SalvaPot

Post Counts:
Blargonaut: 148 TheChuggernaut: 121 AllThingsPurple: 70 Stantastic: 69 Funky Dude Sparks: 62 Hawthorn: 58 Ephidel: 39 weemadarthur: 32 HPsauce: 30 jman1954goat: 25 EvilChameleon: 24 SalvaPot: 22 Sorian: 11

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!
vote: sparkster

My buggest issue with blarg was the lack if nitable effort but if hes been work busy this whole time i feel thats fair, still dont see the case fir Ephi either and i like push on chuggs

OK this vote at this time pretty much helps me on thinking Stan can't be scum. Blarg is leading in votes with ephi in a close second and Stan already has a vote in Blarg, so switching votes puts ephi at risk of getting voted out. I don't think scum is that gutsy.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Funky Dude Sparks
I'm gonna go with Sparks, I appreciate I voted for Blarg but that vote to put him one away from Turbo makes me really uncomfortable.

Vote:Funky Dude Sparks

I really hope I'm right about this.
This all lead to funky getting voted out but it also forced scum in voting together to save ephi.

Jman already was en ephi, while wee was on Blarg but had no chance to switch votes.

At this point still voting wee, need more read.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think thats the first time iv ever pkayed a big roll in a ladt minute vote swing.
Sucks to see the results sure, but still i finall got to do that.
We should star/end and that time all the time.

Rip Hawthorn i hope you still got my rhyme i spent like 5 minutes on it.
Ok let's look at the votes.

-Only Sorian was not in either of the trains that we now know are town (And Geno died).

Flipped players (All town)
-Geno was on Sorian
-Hawthorn on Chuggs, then Sorian, then Funky to get on a train, then was forced to move to Geno to avoid a tie
-Funky was on Ephi twice, me once, then Geno.
-Natiko was on me, then Chuggs, then Geno

The trains:
Votes on Geno by End.
-Blarg was early on Geno but moved to Sparks early enough and stayed there.
-Wee pretty much got stuck on Geno. (Citing Geno lack of crazyness)
-HP also parked the vote on Geno. (Punishing idleness)
-Jman (No explanation
-Natiko, Funky and Hawthorn are dead and town.
-Chuggs wanted Ephi gone, but went for Geno when time was running out.
-Ephi vote was "defensive, but interestingly enough she voted for sparks first instead of geno at this point, then switching to geno the tie was at risk.
-ATP was on Ephi but swapped to Geno when a tie was to be avoided.

Votes on Spark by End.
-EC stuck to the sparks vote.
-Stan pretty much voted Sparks because Sparks annoys Stan, lol.
-Blarg was having a Chaosdown and kept the vote there.
-SalvaPot tied it for the extra credit.

Let's go for Day 2.

I missed this one in real time so I don't have a feel on it as I usually do, so I'll try to do my best and get a feel for it now.
-For starters Jman's vote on Ephi was just before the flavour was revealed, that is kind of interesting. Also Jman stuck to the vote.
-EC put a "non-biding" vote on Ephi and said vote pretty much stood there.
-Weemad ignores the forming Ephi train and makes a vote on Blarg while claiming to not be around much.
-Huh, Sparks was on Ephi but moved to Blarg and stood there, mentioned he knew Blarg was once away from hammer, and then didn't came back to try and save himself. This + his role and you have to wonder what was the first question he asked the mods. Then again, Funky didn't actually tried to tell us what he did with his first command, or did he?
-Hawthorn was the lead on Funky's train, it was well reasoned. Ephi already had 3 votes at this point.
-Chuggs keeps consistence by voting Ephi again, hmm. Chug had 3 votes (Ephi, ATP and Blarg) Then Chuggs claimed Doctor in 1438. The votes are taken off soon after, but there was 100% a train brewing there.
-Blarg moved his vote from Chug to Ephi almost in response to Chuggs claim, but then moves away from Ephi and ends as the deciding vote on Funky.
-Ephi moves to Spark with 7 min on the clock, let's take a look:

-At this point Ephi decides to vote Funky instead of Blarg in what is clearly a self-preservation vote.
Blarg 3, Ephi 3, Sparks 3
-HP, who has been on Blarg pretty much the whole day, decides to instead go for Sparks citing the turbo as a reason to let off Blarg.
Blarg 2, Ephi 3, Sparks 4
-Sorian voted Ephi and stood there, seems sure Ephi is scum.
Blarg 2, Ephi 4, Sparks 4
-ATP moves from SalvaPot to Ephi with 2 minutes left.
Blarg 2, Ephi 5, Sparks 4
-Blarg moves from SalvaPot to Sparks with 1 minute left.
Blarg 2, Ephi 5, Sparks 5
-ATP unvotes the vote on Ephi, with no time left, nailing Sparks.
Blarg 2, Ephi 4, Sparks 5.

-This is the second time ATP moved around to avoid a tie.
-Votes in common for both Funky and Geno are ATP, HP and Ephidel (And hawthorn).
-Stan and Hawthorn vote Funky both times.

So the questions are.
-Why Blargonaut voted Sparks over Ephi?
-Why HP voted Sparks over Ephi or Blarg, when HP had expressed interesting on getting Blarg voted out and there was a good chance the train might go there? HP in particular doesn't look good when both votes are taken into account.
-Chuggs completely took shade of himself with the doc claim, and the moment it was made couldn't be more perfect in my opnion, I don't buy it entirely.
-I don't know how to feel about wee, she seems to be coasting a lot and her playstyle feels scummy to me.
-Ephi I honestly feel is playing like town, it is kind of suspicious everything around her, but at this point I feel this is clearly a Chuggs vs Ephi situation and I feel one of them has to be scum and the other has to be scum, and right now I'm leaning Chuggs scum/Ephi town

If I'm 100% I am right now more interested in flipping: Chuggs/Ephi, Blarg, HP, Wee.
i sent another discworld quote, but one less easy to google probably.

Still confused on the day one switcher of chuggs/blarg. Did blarg even really receive the message jman sent or is he still being all blargy and just claimed so? I see jman is on him and he's being unhelpful.

we can do chuggs/ephi, sure. I don't see any hunter role as likely town, it's a neutral at best sort of claim. While i wanted to kill blarg yesterday, and certainly over sparks of all people, i don't get why anyone would vote there, i think blarg can wait until we get through this thunderydome.
Honestly I wouldn't be against an HP vote at all, going purely by vote HPSauce is the most HPSus.
I'll Share what I assume is blargs version of events, it's a bit written in code so I hope Blargs comes in to clarify it:
ATP tried to kill him, and invited N2 to talk in "cold water", and that ATP invited someone else on Day 1.

Claims neutral, and has to target 3 people, but doesn't say what he needs to do. Targeted Sparks but then sparks got voted, then blag mentions that ATP refuses to cooperate and informed the "Prime Minister", and Blarg doesn't know who the Prime Minister is, so Blarg is saying ATP is working with someone else too.

Also blarg tells me to help him out against ATP if ATP goes against him and if I do he can help me out later on.

So yeah it seems blargs wants allies.
Like, i didn't get informed of being doused, and we Can't ask sparks about it anymore, but getting your 1/3 target killed in your place is not good play to meet your wincon at that point.
Well it's a discworld quote, if you're wondering. I have no imagination lately.
OK day 3.

I already has a case against wee, sweet
I got two scrambled messages, one from Blarg and one from maybe EC.
Wee messaged EC.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No, and I had no intention of revealing my SOS to Sorian out here in public afterwards, but since it's somehow been intercepted and now publicly announced by you, no sense in keeping it secret further
I doused weemad last Night as karmic justice for apparently predicting the game flavour but the weird thing is, each time after I Douse somebody I get a mod PM back saying that "I've received a package"... And I don't know why. My flavour when I Douse somebody is that I'm giving them a package, so why the fuck am I getting packages back? It happened when I Doused Sparks and now again with weemad last Night, I was thinking maybe somebody's been Roleblocking or reversing my own action against myself since the start. Even weirder was that during my 1st Dousing on Sparks, LoVe initially sent me a message back saying that "I also received a package" but then immediately retracted that with a correction that it was only supposed to say "I received a package", no "also", and apologised for the error. :/ When I got a package now again Tonight after Dousing wee, I got the corrected "I received a package" message back, with no "also". So yeah I dunno what the fuck is going on with me & my Role except that ATP is an absolute traitor
Sorian, when you get this, please confirm what the message I sent you said.
I got blargs ms but that was intended for Sorian.
I got Ecs post but that also was I tented for Sorian.

In other words, I got Sorian mail. And scrambled.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
vote: Ephidel

Lets get it over with, see yall tommorrow.
Gut vs Brains, hmmm...

Vote: TheChuggernaut
vote: ephidel
Still on this side of the dome, nothing since day 1 has changed my mind.
Er we trying to turbo?
unvote
For a moment there, when I saw wees vote on ephidel I was like "fuck maybe I'm wrong" but as soon as the ephi train almost became a turbo wee in votes because, hey, let's not rush until town agrees.

For someone who admitted to not paying much attention that was a really fast I-turn.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Then be part of the solution.

Instead of opening the day on my side and ending it trying to turbo me for no reason how about actually doing something?

You opened the day with a Blarg push, you know how stupid it looks that Chuggs backed off so easily yesterday, and you know that when you opened the day asking for help digging into Blarg he said nothing when he had a head start on that dive and could have helped if he wanted.
I'm not on anyone's side i was just trying to vote out mafia but I fucking suck at this game.

I should not have signed up for this game I'm sorry.

UNVOTE
Good yeah let's let the neutral claim decide who to kill :eyeroll: that always works out well
I'm done handle it yourselves
This is going to sound weird but now I'm leaning on voting you out because you don't have a name.
I'm Barry the Ballot Box Manager, I considered the name inconsequential 🤷
Theres are just random names it's not even that likely a guess will be the same as another player.

I had to throw out a named mario character for a fake claim in a themed game with very few options.

This all assuming you did not get cover roles from the Mods.

How the hell do you know the scum did not get fake roleclaims?

Because you personally did not get one?
Vote:Ephidel
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Ephidel (4 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #1,557
Sorian - #1,697
Blargonaut - #1,852 #1,922
Stantastic - #1,956
weemadarthur - #2,064 #2,066
jman1954goat - #2,065 #2,080
jman1954goat - #2,169

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #2,014 #2,158
Ephidel - #2,015
SalvaPot - #2,063 #2,094
Blargonaut - #2,078 #2,086
HPsauce - #2,092

Sorian (2 votes)
EvilChameleon - #1,735
Blargonaut - #2,090

Blargonaut (1 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,573 #1,807
AllThingsPurple - #1,757 #1,929
HPsauce - #1,776 #2,092
Ephidel - #1,795 #2,015
Stantastic - #1,919 #1,927
SalvaPot - #2,094

jman1954goat (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #1,575 #1,852

weemadarthur (0 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #1,929 #2,014

Stantastic (0 votes)
Stantastic - #1,947 #1,956

HPsauce (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #2,046 #2,078

Not voting: AllThingsPurple, weemadarthur

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 191 AllThingsPurple: 116 Blargonaut: 101 jman1954goat: 82 SalvaPot: 78 Stantastic: 62 HPsauce: 56 Sorian: 36 EvilChameleon: 35 Ephidel: 33 weemadarthur: 28

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 3 Ends In:
3hv38iyert
Hour left, is whatever then.

vote: ephidel

purple i think you're wrong on this dome.
Fine, If you're wrong about this Chuggs I swear to god.

Vote:Ephidel
Jman almost got discouraged but play a strong game.

By the point wee put the vote down again it was obvious ephi was gone and that they needed to get rid of chuggs and gain some townie points.

Stan had that vote on ephi early and just stuck to it.

Oof

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For a moment there, when I saw wees vote on ephidel I was like "fuck maybe I'm wrong" but as soon as the ephi train almost became a turbo wee in votes because, hey, let's not rush until town agrees.

For someone who admitted to not paying much attention that was a really fast I-turn.
when did i say i'm not paying attention? I said i let chuggs talk.

I've paid attention to vote counts as possible. and went back on ephidel when everyone had stopped talking; like i said i'm not against turbos, and popped right back on when there was only an hour left for day expiring.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If i was scum i could have used atp's energy to push the claimed doc as a town self kill, granted i'd have been reversing what i said since day one, but it might have been worth it to save the two-fer of ephi and hp, who were so tightly linked.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wee used her message to do book quotes.
I used my message to make a role claim as messenger, in fact. it was intended to say the word messenger, and be easily attributable to me via association. Stan instead took it as an indication that the sender must be mafia because the quote is plural.

Then I claimed as messenger in my first post of the day....although it had become apparent that I was not exceptional. But the whole thing was supposed to fit together.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The redirector.
I have a theory
Day 2
Blarg got Chugs mail
The mail was from jman.

Day 3
I got Sorians mail
The mail was from EC and Blarg

Day 4.
Nothing

Day 5
Nothing

Day 6.
Weemad got the message I send to Stan, also scrambled.
Hobo also send a message to Stan but no one got it.

Day 7
Stan tried to send me a message but it went to himself.

It seems what the redirector does is make one player receive all the email from another player, but scrambled.

Judging at the general flow of it all... Yeah I think wee has this power.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also I think the messages are scrambled because this is a scum power and it can be used to redirect mail to the user, for balance.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have to go with this one.

Weemad has just been kinda lazy the whole game, her votes for scum came when convenient and by following others, her lack of interest on the way messages worked make me think she already knew how they were messed with. I think wee is the last scum. I can't shake the feeling.

Vote: weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not the last scum. Why would I spend effort clearing salva and scum hunting if I was the scum? Hobo was ready to vote salva out yesterday, and stan was wishy washy. As scum I would go for anyone at all, but I'm trying to solve and make sure to get it right.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not the last scum. Why would I spend effort clearing salva and scum hunting if I was the scum? Hobo was ready to vote salva out yesterday, and stan was wishy washy. As scum I would go for anyone at all, but I'm trying to solve and make sure to get it right.
My mind is made, I hope I'm right.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The day one and er...three....four, the EC error one, has me believing that it's stan over jobo.

Those votes speak.
vote: stantastic

Hobohodo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want it to be wee, she was so helpful when I subbed in at getting me caught up 😔

I know I keep revisiting the Salva well with dumb theories but yeah I really don't see him.

OK this vote at this time pretty much helps me on thinking Stan can't be scum. Blarg is leading in votes with ephi in a close second and Stan already has a vote in Blarg, so switching votes puts ephi at risk of getting voted out. I don't think scum is that gutsy.

I also like this reasoning, but ahhhhh.

Hobohodo

Oct 25, 2017
My parents are over coming over for food and I really don't like making you guys wait but I also don't wanna rush into a vote....

Stans vote is pretty much set in stone with them seemingly gone for the rest of the day.

Salva, are you like convinced convinced? Like ain't budging at all convinced.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My parents are over coming over for food and I really don't like making you guys wait but I also don't wanna rush into a vote....

Stans vote is pretty much set in stone with them seemingly gone for the rest of the day.

Salva, are you like convinced convinced? Like ain't budging at all convinced.
I read the whole ass thread and if I am honest both wee and stan played great games, it comes down to my gut and the way I feel the timing went down and wee looks worse. If it has to be either of them... I voted wee. I could be wrong but my vote is there.

Stan left a vote on wee when I said that was where I was leaning and that gave me pause, tho, but that is also something Stan just does.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Stan never even had any pressure on him this game so of course when it looks like he might win, he mic drops and hopes to come back and be happy.