• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Day 5 Start

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
"-And the guy said, 'I'm not a rider, I'm a writer', hahaha. Get it? You get it? Because writer and rider sound similar muffled-no, no, you get it, haha."

When an uncomfortable chuckle floated around the watercooler for the umpteenth time, the loudspeaker started.

"Orveille to General Management. I repeat, Orveille to General Management."

Disappointed to end his standup early, Orville shot finger guns all the way over to General Management but not before promising another impromptu act later for his fans. Who else but Orville could be so loved?

"Yeah, so we're going to have to let you go."

Orville started. "To where?"

"Not to where, you're fired. Terminated. Cut. Dropped. Please clear out your belongings by--"

"But why!? I haven't done anything to get fired!"

"We got a lot of complaints about your 'stand up' acts. For example, you told cruel jokes at the expense of others, which isn't cool."

"I've never made any off-color jokes!"

"Oh, so you didn't make a joke about Fed Ex beating us on deliveries!?"

"Oh, well...I made that joke."

"And UPS being a better, smarter and more easily recognizable version of us!?"

"I actually wouldn't call that one a joke..."

"Get out! You're a mockery to the USPS uniform! You second rate Jerry Seinfeld joker!"

"Fine! I don't need this shit. I can get a better job running outside in traffic with my eyes closed. And just for the record, the water in the cooler is stale, just like your hairline. Maybe fix your shit before coming at me. Orville out."

Orville has been fired!

"...Not gonna lie, that last bit was actually funny."

AllThingsPurple has died!

He was...

You find your job okay. It's not a bad job, and it's def better than that pizza job you did in high school, but you def kind of wished you had followed your dream of becoming a stand up comedian instead. Now you practice your jokes around the water cooler while chatting about the local gossip with Yennifer and anyone else getting water. Maybe one day you'll follow your dreams.

You are Orville the Office Gossip and you are a Gossip (Duh) and a Messenger!

You are aligned with the U.S. Post Office in some boring little town (That is Town).

During the day phase you can message the command, Gossip with: Player. You will have a night chat with your target for the night phase.

Also during the night, you can send a message by sending the command, Mail: Player with the message after it.

You also have the power to vote!

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

The Game thread is here:
If you have any questions please contact the gamerunners.

Good Luck finding intriguing gossip out there!

Day 5 Begins

Day 5 Ends In:
xxhkgzhytr

Majority is 4

Last edited:

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: HP
You are all so hilariously dumb, turbo now before you fuck this up again.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I told everyone to vote HP first, even in the exact post you are mocking. Good try though.

You agreed he was a decent kill and barely said shit against voting EC first dont try to act superior now.
I mean being useless all day then condescending and judgemental the next morning has been your whole schtick all game but still.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You agreed he was a decent kill and barely said shit against voting EC first dont try to act superior now.
I mean being useless all day then condescending and judgemental the next morning has been your whole schtick all game but still.

I only called out two scum day 1, no big deal or anything

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you even here if you want to lol random it?
Why are you pretending a few extra deaths is "lol random?" That's not how this works, vote out mafia, let Blarg get his win, don't fuck up lylo, or don't even care because you'd have voted out two mafia anyway and Blarg might just kill the last one.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you pretending a few extra deaths is "lol random?" That's not how this works, vote out mafia, let Blarg get his win, don't fuck up lylo, or don't even care because you'd have voted out two mafia anyway and Blarg might just kill the last one.
So your plan if blarg kills all town is to just gamble it all on lylo.
How is this not random?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I guess if you're there with that vote record of yours then it might be a rough lylo but Blarg doesn't have me marked so I guess I'll be there too, easy peasy.
So it is random and your defense is being a demeaning prick, cool.
Also i wont be there, i have a package, if your plan is to let blarg go off maybe pay attention to whos going to die.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So it is random and your defense is being a demeaning prick, cool.
Also i wont be there, i have a package, if your plan is to let blarg go off maybe pay attention to whos going to die.
I'll be honest with you, I'm happy with who's marked. So let's vote out HP and let Blarg go off. Everyone wins except for scum.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest with you, I'm happy with who's marked. So let's vote out HP and let Blarg go off. Everyone wins except for scum.
"Happy with whose marked" arnt i the only one known? If so lol you dick.

So for real your plan is hope blarg gets scum, and if not the game is fastforwarded to lylo where your just confident lylo will go towns way?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Because that actually makes sense, i dont agree with it it feels way unnecessarily risky, but i can follow the logic there were before this was really throwing me on you.

Be nice if anyone else felt like chiming in.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Wait unless you mean it works like a doctor?

But then i thought Wee was defused the night after she got one? Or am i misremembering that?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didn't defuse Stan, I was not convinced it was the same package since I think Blarg may have a way to counter my counter, otherwise his win condition seems too harsh. Even so If we take down a hp today I might have another chance to check your package, Stan, unless we are already screwed, lol.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
yes, obviously.
but why before some people get to check in, is all i meant?

I was defused. That gave me a notice.
no i meant you got the package one night and it was defused the next night.

irreleavnt thought now

Yeah I didn't defuse Stan, I was not convinced it was the same package since I think Blarg may have a way to counter my counter, otherwise his win condition seems too harsh. Even so If we take down a hp today I might have another chance to check your package, Stan, unless we are already screwed, lol.
eh, fair.
We still have no idea why both me and EC got a package notification, i had just figured that was scum EC lying to throw you off or something like that but now i got zero clue.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
SECRET:
I Doused Sorian last Night so he has a vested interest in eliminating HP ASAP; if HP dies, my doomsday clock goes back by 1, which prolongs Sorian's existence (although I should've Won by now if it wasn't for Salva?).​
SECRET:
For both my HP and now Sorian Dousings, I did NOT get a "package returned/received in return" mod notification; so weemad is my only remaining Dousing that I got that kind of notice (the other/1st being with Sparks). So it stands to reason that I still need 1 more (barring Salva's continuing meddling in my affairs)... sorry all fireworks will apparently have to wait 1 more Night :( Please enjoy your stay​

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I received no messages or packages or dousing or whatever last night. Sorry nerd, that's not why I care.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
huh, so unless im missing something Sorian i think your math is actually a bit fucked on the blarg thing.

Theres 7 people alive,

We kill HP today, 6
Scum kill someone in the night, 5

Blarg kills 3, we are left with 2 tommorrow.
Blarg leaves because he got his wincon, 1.

Its Likely scum target one of the exploding people so its actually 2 people left, but still either way the games over without any chance of lylo.

If blarg goes off i think either only he wins, or it really is down to if he happened to kill scum.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Why am i doing this i hate this part of the game.
So still assuming that it was 3 scum.

7 alive,
Kill blarg, 6
Scum kills, 5

5 alive, 2 are scum, still good still good
Kill HP, 4
scum kill, 3

lylo there could actually work?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
This is also still running on the belief that blarg kills 3, which we only have his word on right?
well that and that 2 would be way to easy for him to get i guess.