• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how a game can be "terrible" and yet you will through it and it's not your job. I can see that for a game that's "ok" or even "not good" but not terrible. That's like, I don't get it. Idk I'm out of the loop.

His example, Afro Samurai, actually gives you a clear answer to why someone would will through a bad game, if you are a super hardcore fan of a franchise you might pull yourself through a shitty licensed game just because that's how much of a hardcore fan you are.

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I wouldn't call Killzone Shadow Fall terrible but I did play it past the point I stopped enjoying it because it was a shiny new launch title. But then it got a random difficulty spike and I dropped it.

The game was pretty mediocre for sure but I sort of enjoyed it. Maybe it was because I had nothing else to play on my new PS4 at the time haha.

sonofsamsonite

The one who likes mustard
Nov 1, 2017
Kinda The Order, but I was also interested in seeing how the story went. The ending kicked me in the balls as a reward for my curiosity and patience. Like running up a hill to smell a bucket of shit. Oh well.

Feb 7, 2018
"Terrible" is probably too harsh, but I definitely wouldn't have bothered to finish Little Nightmares if the graphics and atmosphere weren't so amazing. The actual gameplay was... not that great.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Bioshock, it's one of those game i had to go through trying to understand why it managed to get such praises back in the days, on top of it being a gift which might have made me want to go through the end more than how it looked (the one thing i can't deny i did love about it). This game will forever remain a enigma to me.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
The Order 1886. Just to make sure I was not missing out on a unfairly maligned masterpiece.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be honest... the new God of War was somewhat like this. I didn't really like the combat and the camera made the game somewhat disorienting for me, but the world was so pretty to look at that I stuck through it to take in the visuals.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ni No Kuni II is shaping up to be exactly this for me.

It's not a TERRIBLE game, but it's so boring that it's hard to sit down and play it. I'd be lying if said I didn't think it's fucking gorgeous though.
This. It's not a terrible game, but I'm hardly loving it.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Honestly, Arkham Knight.

I love the other three Batman games but this one was so dull, so dour, so unexciting. But it looked so damn good.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Crysis on PC, even in like 2013 when i played it

Game is horribly optimised, and honestly doesnt even look that good by todays standard and lacks a artstyle that i like.

Gameplay was fun and creative for the first two hours, but lack of suit energy really restricted any kind of creativity. Game introduces aliens and basically shits the bed.

Honestly preferred warhead, 2 and 3, even though they have similar problems

Only game ive done this with. Games like 4 hours

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I would call it terrible, but El Shaddai was a game that I played purely for the visuals. Each area looked incredibly stunning, but I simply did not enjoy playing the game at all. Neither the combat, nor the platforming kept me engaged at all. Definitely felt unique though.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn for me too.

The game is not terrible but it's not special at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Being 74 posts in and having read nothing yet, I'm going to take a guess and say Uncharted has been mentioned 3 or 4 times, and Last of Us twice.

I'll come back and update my post in an edit to see how close I am.

Edit: Counted Uncharted twice, but the real surprise was Horizon. Era never disappoints.

Oct 27, 2017

I really don't stay with not good games just for graphics, but I guess this would be the closest approximation to that experience.

This game had outstanding character and art design, great premise and setting, but felt like it never had any meat to it; it was incredibly linear ( often restricting some cool weapons to one or two encounters total giving you very little autonomy in using them), and recycled the same boss fight verbatim, and was incredibly short on top of some pretty ho-hum level and encounter design. In addition the actual plot was a whole lot of nothing that went nowhere, probably because a franchise was expected.

It was a shame really. Not really a bad game but so much wasted potential and bland implementation, that if it wasn't so short I probably wouldve been bored by it.

But hot damn was it a beauty.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not even the most impressive graphics will make me play a terrible game.

Recent example is GoW 2018, probably the most impressive stuff out there on consoles, yet it didnt clicked with me and I stopped.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Cant think of a terrible game with amazing graphics. They're usually ok at worst. Even The Order 1886 was more just overpriced than terrible.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Last Guardian, not only does it look great but the story, world and overall atmosphere is incredible. All the game parts of it are terrible and were incredibly frustrating til the end.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kept playing Wind Waker because it was vibrant and cheerful. If it looked like Twilight Princess I definitely wouldn't have finished it.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
The remake of Rachet and Clank. I've never played a rachet and Clank game before but I did watch the movie when my wife and I were flying to Hawaii for our honeymoon 2 years ago and the movie was terrible. I'm about an hour into the game and all I can think about is the terrible movie. I know I'm only an hour or so into it but I'm bored of it already.

Nov 1, 2017
Kirby's Dreamland 3 has a lovely artstyle, but the physics are all sorts of screwed up. The level design sucks, as well. Enemies are placed in the most annoying places, your abilities are mostly useless, and you have to do some dumb minigames to unlock the final boss. I love all of the other Kirby games but this one.

Deleted member 44288

Banned
May 30, 2018
It's not terrible, but I did have to push myself through Crysis 3, it didn't keep my attention like BioShock did at the time.

Oct 25, 2017
I used to think Sonic 06 was a beautiful game..

It had it's moments, especially for 2006.

WOLLW0V.gif

but the game... yeah..

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wait I thought that the first Afro Samurai was surprisingly good but that the second one sucked. Or were they both bad?

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Botw, it was quite boring to me but i willed myself to keep playing just to see what was next. Now that i think of it it wasnt for the graphics either because graphically it was ok.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Naming a game then saying "I wouldn't call it terrible" goes completely against what the OP asked you.

Me? Never have, never will force my way through a game for the graphics. If I find it legitimately terrible, I'm dumping it early.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
None? If it's bad, I'm gonna drop it. I don't care how pretty or cinematic it is if I don't want to play it.

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
While not terrible, I had/am having a hard time completing Gears, UC4, GoW 2018 and P5. It's more of a boredom thing.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
I can barely force myself through decent games much less terrible ones, especially for graphics.

Just like, look outside for 5 minutes and save yourself a few hours.