• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jarates Top 5 Favorite Players of All Time (at least that ive watched)

1. AI
2. Dirk
3. Shaq
4. Wade
5. Vince Carter

Im not including current players, or players I didnt grow up with.

I have a soft spot for Michael Redd as well, dude was unstoppable in NBA Live 2001. I was running a 3 point barrage offense with him back in the day

Reggie got spanked by the Lakers at his one legit chance to win a ring

and he said for us to trade Lonzo

this Mr. Sweet Potato Head looking mofo needs to stay in his lane

he is also awful at commentary

It's actually amazing, if I was to make a list of the biggest problems in the NBA, probably the very top of the list has to be dealing with Reggie Miller's ignorant ass on national games. He was a baller, but man, fuck his announcing

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit my faves I've gotten to watch, and I don't mean since I was born I mean really watch, so it's gonna be relatively recent

Kawhi
Giannis
Kyrie
LeBron
Steph

In some order

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about Kevin Durant is that I no longer have as much fun watching the Warriors. He ruined Curry! That bastard.

OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, im surprised at how bad the bucks have been recently. Which is amazing considering Giannis is having another ludicrous year. They're still the same fairly mediocre team they were ast year, which is concerning for them.

Im not sure if it's a coaching problem, but it doesnt help that they dont have a center on their team worth playing.

Also, remember, the Orlando Magic started off hot at 8-4? Well, since then they've managed to go 5-28 and now have the worst record in the league.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...nking-brian-schmitz-1129-20141128-column.html

Oct 25, 2017
there is only one player in the league that you have to aggressively guard right up to their face/double team the instant they have the ball at half court, and thats stephen

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Vogel has been dealt an awful hand but nobody is forcing him to play biyombo 30 mins a night. He's so fucking terrible and everyone knows it including the coach but he still gets his mins.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Lol Biyombo had a couple good playoff performances and turned that into 17 mil a year. Gotta love the USA.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
KP is turning into a diva, ugh. He's having an underwhelming season and feels entitled to start, not liking that attitude if I was in the FO.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
KP is turning into a diva, ugh. He's having an underwhelming season and feels entitled to start, not liking that attitude if I was in the FO.

Dude IS a diva, a massive entitled one. He flat out skipped a meeting with the organization before the season started when they had the legend running that show. His brother also acted like a bitch running to the media for Porz. Then the master mind said he could trade his ass putting him in place, only for the Knicks dumpster-fire excuse of an organization to fold by firing the zen master shortly after.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I had totally forgotten until the Woj Kemba story today just how bad Batum's contract is. That's also in the 2016 Hall of Shame.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
The saddest thing about being a magic fan is all of the players hennigan let go / gave away for nothing is a billion times better than the current magic so doing nothing seems like its better than the alternative of making moves. He was the worst

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Dude IS a diva, a massive entitled one. He flat out skipped a meeting with the organization before the season started when they had the legend running that show. His brother also acted like a bitch running to the media for Porz. Then the master mind said he could trade his ass putting him in place, only for the Knicks dumpster-fire excuse of an organization to fold by firing the zen master shortly after.
Phil was terrible

Marz

Oct 30, 2017

The same Zen master who backed up the Brinx truck for Joakim Noah??

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
The Knicks should have kept Phil over Porzingis might be the worst take in this thread (and there are some bad takes in this thread)

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017

Phil is a top 3 greatest basketball mind ever. (He repeated as champion with Pau in an era with prime LBJ, Tim, 7 seconds or less suns, Big 3 Celtics, etc. I don't think GS or the Greg Pop Spurs ever repeated, hmm)

As a New Yorker, I feel like a lot what he did was misunderstood. The whole "Phil put KP on the trading block" fiasco was concocted by his desire to leave the worse owner (Dolan) in the history of sports. Phil never really wanted the job and that was heavily documented—his preference was to join the Lakers again, but fuck head Jim Buss didn't want him back.

Even the egregious "posse" statements he said was a little senile but he never fucked with LBJ to begin with, the media made it into a race thing, when that narrative was moronic.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Fave players of all time
1.Wade ( injuries really robbed us od what could have been the 2nd coming of MJ, his 09 season might be best non mvp year ever, he was unreal , he was still elite but never quite 100% , kinda ego less when it comes to winning above all , was robbed of first team all defense from like 08 to 2011 by kobe )
2. Lebron , 3rd best player of all time, the king , mi idolo
3. KAJ, 2nd greatest player ever imo ( him , wilt and russell get mad disrespect in modern ranking ) , perfect career from high school to NBA , great american basketballer period
4. Shaq, unstoppable , rules were made to stop him , orlando shaq was amazing ( penny
5. Magic, pre cursour of positionless basketball
6.T-Mac , as talented as they come , super fun to watch , shame he could never get it done , all love regardless
7.Isiah thomas , knocking off jordan,bird and magic to win , hella impressive , pretty much the OG version of all the scoring guards we have today but was still an all time great facilitator , doesn't get the love cause of being the face of bad boys and earning a bad media rep
7. Steph, one of the most lethal , and the engine of what could turn out to be the greatest team ever
8. Kyrie, great value street ball version of steph lol
9. Hakeem Olajuwon , i am nigerian , so i have huge love for the dream , perfectly skilled and balanced player, might have had a better career if he had the pieces around , most impressive championship run ever with that 95 season win , simply phenomenal ( 6th seeded ) , nothing he couldn't do excellently on court
10. MOSES MALONE ,mr 4-4-4-4 a 3x MVP who is hella underrated in the all time charts,probably the greatest rebounder of all time, a consummate professional who just came to play the game

bonus : Dr J , style personified ,adding his ABA career, his placement all time goes up
timmy d , perfect franchise player ( people keep saying his advantage over kobe was franchise stability, that was 99% timmy , kobe brought so much instability to the lakers ,)
KG, psycho who brought a 110% unto the court , transcendent talent who got into a winning situation too late

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like anyone who was around during that era either has Reggie in their top 5 favorite or least favorite players. He was one of the few players who really embraced basketball as entertainment first and foremost. Is there a better heal in history? He goaded road fans like no one else.
He's up there with Laimbeer as top heel

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I like this mock-draft from sbnation:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1...tarters-mock-draft-lebron-james-stephen-curry

As this game means nothing and people don't try it is all about who is the most fun to watch. Team Curry has by far the most Fun 5 (Team LeBron doesn't have a single member that is more fun/entertaining/creative/explosive than any of Curry's)

Curry
Kyrie
Greek Freak
Embid
AD

Harden
DeRozan
LeBron
Durant
Cousins

That is a total entertainment mismatch. :/

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
If you replaced Curry with a top 5 PG like Kyrie, Harden, Westbrook, Wall or Lillard GSW are probably a better team.

Curry is a defensive liability who can't get to the rim against top guards. Curry definitely isn't a system PG, but he's also a PG who benefits more from his supporting cast then any other player in the NBA.
This a troll post right?

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe some of those posts on here. Curry is by far one of the most impactful players in the NBA right now. KD is a better defensive player and his height gives him an offensive edge over many, but he doesn't create spacing like Curry. Curry is a gravity machine who causes chaos on the court. The ball movement is nonexistent most of the time without him. Many don't like using the plus minus as a Stat, but there is a reason he was leading it when out 15 games. There is no question that Curry is very important to the Warriors, he is the bread and butter of the offense.

I think and believe Curry will go down as the best offensive player of all time baring injuries.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to play defense and try hard? Than is imma pass, the all-star game is ass. They should just change it to a 2v2 NBA jam style.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
There is zero reason for curry to pick Kyrie. LeBron has the last pick out the group of starters so he has to take him if Steph wants to troll

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
He's back! And shout out to the Nets Twitter account for rocking my countries flag!!! Lol dope!

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Knicks should have kept Phil over Porzingis might be the worst take in this thread (and there are some bad takes in this thread)
Not what I said. I'm saying he was putting a show so the diva unicorn doesn't get too cocky. Making so everyone is tradeable and showing him up. Media turned it into he is certain to sell him, and the trash organization fired him due to being scared.

The same Zen master who backed up the Brinx truck for Joakim Noah??
giphy.gif

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the only time the ASG has been interesting in recent memory was when Kobe shut down Bron in the 4th quarter the year when MJ said he'd take Kobe over Bron

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
1961 all star game was so fire. You know it's real when you had Russell and West coming off the bench! 5 players with double-doubles! Combine score was over 280 points!

Oscar
Bob Petit
Wilt
Bob Cousy
Dolph Schayes

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
I liked the year the Pistons starting 5 came in off the bench and were playing lockdown defense on the West like it was a regular game to them

Status
Not open for further replies.