• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where will LeBron be taking his talents next season?

• Cleveland (Staying at home)

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • LA (LeBronzo)

Votes: 116 44.4%
  • Philly (Trusting the Process)

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 48 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If LeBron doesn't care about rings, he should go to LA because who the fuck would want to live in Philadelphia?

Bron gonna train with the GOAT

77dd.gif

wOW, LeBron training with Michael Jordan?? wowoW

SNES Jr

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LeBron + very good- potentially star level young players + cap space + any ring chaser veteran will want to go to LA = a very very good spot. Sure, Philly is ready to win now, but LA is the most flexible option.

Out of curiosity, what ring chasing vets are they supposed to get this year that would push them past the Warriors, Rockets, Celtics and maybe the Sixers?

That's one of my issues with LeBrong going to the Lakers without any other superstar, is he willing to potentially throw away one of his, likely, last good years?

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, what ring chasing vets are they supposed to get this year that would push them past the Warriors, Rockets, Celtics and maybe the Sixers?

That's one of my issues with LeBrong going to the Lakers without any other superstar, is he willing to potentially throw away one of his, likely, last good years?
This is precisely what I stated. It doesn't make sense.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017

Kawhi + LeBron on the Sixers is unlikely due to timing. Sixers have to get LeBron first, and there is no doubt in my mind the Lakers will then go into panic mode to trade for Kawhi. Don't think the Sixers can beat an offer from the Lakers for Kawhi unless they add Simmons which is not happening. So either way next season for LeBron is going to be a waste. Going to be zero expectations for LeBron in year one without another star and he will be treated like a king in LA since they are desperate for a star. In the next off season he can then help shape the team exactly like he wants while adding another legit star.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
You'd think where Lebron goes other great players would want to join him yet that hasn't been the case in his career.

SNES Jr

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kawhi + LeBron on the Sixers is unlikely due to timing. Sixers have to get LeBron first, and there is no doubt in my mind the Lakers will then go into panic mode to trade for Kawhi. Don't think the Sixers can beat an offer from the Lakers for Kawhi unless they add Simmons which is not happening. So either way next season for LeBron is going to be a waste. Going to be zero expectations for LeBron in year one without another star and he will be treated like a king in LA since they are desperate for a star. In the next off season he can then help shape the team exactly like he wants while adding another legit star.

LeBron on the Sixers is a championship contending team without Kawaii. Seems like it'd be the smarter move to go there instead of the Lakers without any assurances of another star going to either place.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
LeBron on the Sixers is a championship contending team without Kawaii. Seems like it'd be the smarter move to go there instead of the Lakers without any assurances of another star going to either place.

If LeBron was solely about chasing a ring next season, the Lakers wouldn't be in the conversation, yet they are.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LeBron ain't looking for a shot to beat the Warriors.

He wants to be flat out better.

Kawhi is the difference between having a shot and being the favourites.

There is no team LeBron ends up on that doesn't have Kawhi. Those two are intertwined.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
LeBron ain't looking for a shot to beat the Warriors.

He wants to be flat out better.

Kawhi is the difference between having a shot and being the favourites.

There is no team LeBron ends up on that doesn't have Kawhi. Those two are intertwined.

Kawhi + Bron + Lakers are better than the Warriors? lol

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio

I don't know if that's true. The Sixers lost in 5 to a Celtics team that was missing its best player and another all star. Philly is already worse right now than they were in that series given they've lost Ilyasova and Belinelli.

The fit with LeBron and Simmons is questionable at best. Yes, they could stagger their minutes, but lineups with LeBron, Simmons and Embiid will struggle for spacing even if they put 2 elite shooters around that trio.

And that's not even factoring in Redick. Who may leave if LeBron takes all their remaining cap space.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if that's true. The Sixers lost in 5 to a Celtics team that was missing its best player and another all star. Philly is already worse right now than they were in that series given they've lost Ilyasova and Belinelli.

The fit with LeBron and Simmons is questionable at best. Yes, they could stagger their minutes, but lineups with LeBron, Simmons and Embiid will struggle for spacing even if they put 2 elite shooters around that trio.

And that's not even factoring in Redick. Who may leave if LeBron takes all their remaining cap space.
Beli and Ersan were shit that entire series.

People keep using them as a sign the Sixers get worse...when both dudes where available for fucking free after being cut from one of the worst teams in the league. There are still shooters available to replace them.

Also regardless of if Bron comes or not, Simmons has to improve as a shooter big time anyway.

The Celtics dispatched the Sixers because no one was able to get their own shot...LeBron solves that big time. Yes the spacing is still not ideal but people are exaggerating a bit

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Beli and Ersan were shit that entire series.

They also were instrumental in their first round win against Miami.

People keep using them as a sign the Sixers get worse...when both dudes where available for fucking free after being cut from one of the worst teams in the league. There are still shooters available to replace them.

They aren't all stars, but they're solid rotation guys. They both got 10+ million this off-season by playoff teams so clearly they have value. They may be able to replace them, but that's definitely a question mark at this point.

Also regardless of if Bron comes or not, Simmons has to improve as a shooter big time anyway.

The Celtics dispatched the Sixers because no one was able to get their own shot...LeBron solves that big time. Yes the spacing is still not ideal but people are exaggerating a bit

LeBron needs shooting around him to be most effective. He's never played with a post up big and a non shooting perimeter player in his career for a reason.

That doesn't mean they can't make it work. They'll still be really good and might be able to win the East. But if you're talking competing for a championship against the Warriors it will be a problem.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kawhi + Bron + Lakers are better than the Warriors? lol

If those two join up in LA, others will follow.

If those two join up in Philly with Embiid and Simmons and whatever shooters they manage to hold on to, yeah, I think they're favourites on talent alone.

The challenge is gonna be in making them gel together.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Bron was as talented at fighting as he was playing ball, I don't think even know what that would look like in the ring or octagon.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, you late by a few hours lol

Haha seems like it. I completely missed that tweet.

If those two join up in LA, others will follow.

If those two join up in Philly with Embiid and Simmons and whatever shooters they manage to hold on to, yeah, I think they're favourites on talent alone.

The challenge is gonna be in making them gel together.

Who are the others that will join them at Lakers that will make them flat out better than Warriors?

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who are the others that will join them at Lakers that will make them flat out better than Warriors?

We're only hours into free agency.

Bron + Kawhi is immediate contender status though, that's a fact.

Where they'll find the other pieces, who those pieces are, how they acquire them - that's what offseason fuckery is all about. Dig in.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My absolute favorite thing about R/NBA is that they can't contemplate LeBron going to LA because the Sixers are more talented. He did the same thing in 2014 when he went to a team that was well below .500. Not saying he's for sure going to LA, but it's not that hard to imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.