• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where will LeBron be taking his talents next season?

• Cleveland (Staying at home)

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • LA (LeBronzo)

Votes: 116 44.4%
  • Philly (Trusting the Process)

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 48 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Also the 1+1s with Cleveland were likely because he doesn't respect Dan Gilbert and wanted to keep him honest.
The Cavs are super boned right now because of it too. Gilbert should have sold the team a few years ago, as I'm sure the value has dropped tremendously.

They got a title, so I'm happy. The next few years will be super rough, though.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
It's silly to call Lakers title contenders. They have decent talent but nowhere near the experience or level of even the Cavs squad. More potential and youth, yes.

But they won't get past Warriors for sure or Rockets, and Pelicans, Jazz will be tough too.

I think people are over estimating LBJ's ability to carry a mediocre team. He did so with an okay squad in Cleveland but he played against weaker competition in the east

If Cleveland was in the west conference all these years they'd get to the semifinals max

Lakers will barely make playoffs. Hell they may miss them even woth lebron

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Silver will push for 1-16 seeding as fast as possible. LeBron is a Laker. Going out in the first or second round wouldn't be good.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to LA, but this move clearly says that LeBron clearly values fame over winning. Even with Kawhi, this team is forth at best in the West. Imo, Warriors, Rockets, Jazz and Thunder are all better.

**Forms a Super Team**
"What a bitch. Can't do it the right way! He just wants easy rings!"
**Goes to Lakers by himself**
"What a loser. He cares more about fame than winning. Why didn't he form a super team with Philly/Houston/Boston?"

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Nah you can't be serious. He took a trash Cavs team to the finals and had them at 49 wins. The Lakers have better players.
They are playing in a significantly harder conference now. I don't doubt he can make the playoffs, but I doubt how far they can go without another star player. I would bet money on them not making it to the conference finals as currently constructed.

Oct 27, 2017
This Lakers team is infinitely more talented than the Cavs
Lonzo May end up better than say, Hill but last season? Can't say he was definitely. Can't shoot. Will he be better? Yes, one day

Can't say Ingram is better than Love. Will he be? One day maybe.

Kuzma is good and the rest of both transnational is average. The Cavs aren't dramatically worse than last years Lakers team.

You're talking a C+ or a C/C-. The Lakers have so much stronger competition. OKC, MIN, UTAH, PORT, not to mention GSW and HOU.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
My definition of contending is having a chance to win, even if it's not a good one. Without seeing this Lakers team play I can't see them having a chance against a motivated Warriors team. But could they upset the Rockets? Yeah.

What's important is the upside of the young core, plus the flexibility to either get Kawhi or another big free agent next summer to make the Lakers a serious title contender. I don't see it happening but Durant would be available next year lol

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Let the hate and hot takes flow.

Quite honestly, the only current player I hold any real "hate" to is Durant. If he had not joined the Warriors, could you just imagine how competitive the West would be right now. As it sits, it's the many teams in the West beating each others as just to get their clocks cleaned by the Warriors. James made it more interesting, but the end result is the same thing.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lebron dragged the forgetful Jr and other corpses to the finals, Lakers as is are fine. Obviously they will lose to the warriors but they will only improve their squad. Plus if new format takes precedent, watch out.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Lebron dragged the forgetful Jr and other corpses to the finals, Lakers as is are fine. Obviously they will lose to the warriors but they will only improve their squad. Plus if new format takes precedent, watch out.

This is what I don't get. Like, do people expect every team to just stand pat and not make any moves unless it guarantees they can take down the Warriors? The Lakers have been trash the last 5 years and now they just signed the best player in the league. Of course people are excited/hopeful/enthusiastic. "But they'll still lose to the Warriors!" just sounds like sour grapes.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
**Forms a Super Team**
"What a bitch. Can't do it the right way! He just wants easy rings!"
**Goes to Lakers by himself**
"What a loser. He cares more about fame than winning. Why didn't he form a super team with Philly/Houston/Boston?"

I have nothing against his decision. If that is what makes him happy, then so be it.

And for the record....I never wanted him on my Rockets for that exact reason.

Oct 28, 2017
How many guards do Portland need, let alone guards around 6'2".

Edit: lol what a huge typo from Woj there. Still, they have like a million guards.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bummed to see LeBron go but I can't be mad at him. Did a lot for the city and I think he's leaving on good terms.

I'm really interested in seeing what the Lakers squad ends up looking like. LeBron doesn't care about the young core, he's going to make sure they get guys in there that can win now. Every year you have LeBron on your team your goal is a title. You don't just wait a year and hope more help shows up. I could see that whole group blown up. I'm sure there's a lot of vets that could be had.

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
$6.5 million for Hezonja? None of these teams understand how bad the player market is christ. There's going to be so so many minimums coming up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.