Where will LeBron be taking his talents next season?

• Cleveland (Staying at home)

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • LA (LeBronzo)

Votes: 116 44.4%
  • Philly (Trusting the Process)

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 48 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
The best case scenario is obviously the Lakers simply don't trade for Kawhi and hope to sign for him this summer. Of course, the Lakers were just burned by a superstar from Cali saying he wanted to play for the Lakers but with LeBron on the team maybe they feel better about it. I just really like the potential of the Lakers young guys...

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Stephen A. on Kawhi:

- Kuzma is off limits
- If a trade doesn't happen by tomorrow AM the Lakers will move on
- Kawhi might sit out next season, nothing is off the table concerning him

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Stephen A also said Kuzma is off the table in trade talks for Kawhi.

My order of precedence with the Lakers core from least likely to give up in Kawhi trade.

Kuzma
Hart
Zo*
BI

* I had Zo at 2 but with the recent shit Lavar pulled, Lakers are more likely to ship him out.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are seeing the scenario right now my dude. If getting Kawhi meant that much to LeBron he wouldn't have committed until they got Kawhi.

Nah, I'm not seeing that now because LeBron knew Kawhi was on the market before he signed.

You think there's any scenario where LeBron is like "hey, no pressure" to the Lakers on signing Kawhi? It doesn't make sense in the slightest. Time is not on LeBron's side. A player like Kawhi doesn't become available all that often.

If the Lakers acquire Kawhi it'll be because that was a stipulation for LeBron signing on.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Any chance the market is so limited that Avery Bradley, coming off an injury, would be willing to take whatever mid-level exception/minimum type of contract the Lakers could offer after they presumably resign Randle? I'd love to take a one year flyer on him if he's willing to bet on himself on a relative contender.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Ingram for Kawhi straight up, maybe throw in a resigned Randle if I'm feeling generous.

Nah, I'm not seeing that now because LeBron knew Kawhi was on the market before he signed.

You think there's any scenario where LeBron is like "hey, no pressure" to the Lakers on signing Kawhi? It doesn't make sense in the slightest. Time is not on LeBron's side. A player like Kawhi doesn't become available all that often.

If the Lakers acquire Kawhi it'll be because that was a stipulation for LeBron signing on.

Yes, because everything we are seeing is pointing in that direction. If the Lakers end up not getting Kawhi, what's LeBron going to do, renege on his deal with the Lakers? If the Lakers acquire Kawhi it will be because they made a deal they thought was favorable to their team. If it was a stipulation, LeBron would have waited.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I can't think of a better scenario than singning a top player who hasn't played two years in a row. That's two fewer years of wear and tear.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017

Lebron took all the pressure off the Lakers by signing to a guaranteed 4 years instead of 1+1 or something like that.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
What a difference does 24 hours makes.

Laker fans were shook last night. Now it's all good.

Oct 27, 2017
Stephen A. on Kawhi:

- Kuzma is off limits
- If a trade doesn't happen by tomorrow AM the Lakers will move on
- Kawhi might sit out next season, nothing is off the table concerning him
Can Kawhi sit out if he's deemed healthy?

If he's capable and being paid seems like he should be disciplined for attempting something like that.

But it's Stephen A so idk if it's true.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Any chance the market is so limited that Avery Bradley, coming off an injury, would be willing to take whatever mid-level exception/minimum type of contract the Lakers could offer after they presumably resign Randle? I'd love to take a one year flyer on him if he's willing to bet on himself on a relative contender.

This would be one of the guys I would target if I'm the Lakers

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
yeah at this point you send BI for Kawhi, 100% he signs on again after this season. do it Magic, blow all our fucking minds. BOOM THEM.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Boogie to LA is over now that they gave KCP that one year deal. Talk they may also try and bring Brook back on something cheap (i'd rather not, but whatever). The big question mark now is Randle.

Lebron recruiting for the 2019 FA class.

KD
Klay
Kawhi
Melo

Also save up your trade chips to make a run at Anthony Davis.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Ingram for Kawhi straight up, maybe throw in a resigned Randle if I'm feeling generous.

Yes, because everything we are seeing is pointing in that direction. If the Lakers end up not getting Kawhi, what's LeBron going to do, renege on his deal with the Lakers? If the Lakers acquire Kawhi it will be because they made a deal they thought was favorable to their team. If it was a stipulation, LeBron would have waited.
Yes i've been saying this all long. BI for Kawhi and Randle (s&t). But we still need to unload Deng

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Spurs would probably make the situation uglier if Kawhi tried too sit out the year. I don't think that's a legitimate option, just more posturing from his side to try and get SA to bite.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
It all goes back to Dan Gilbert not wanting to pay Griffin to be GM.

Kevin Love 2019 Supernova.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
As a Lakers fan I would be incredibly disappointed and strongly against Kawhi sitting out if he is still on the Spurs. That's a sucker move and would do irreparable damage to his reputation.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Kawhi can just tell the Spurs he's not going to play, I'm pretty sure that's part of his contract and at some point the Spurs are going to dispute his injury status. I'm actually curious what would happen in such a situation, I don't think I've seen anything like this before.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He gets to make a shitload of money playing with his buddy in a city he likes for a teams he wants to be on.

Yeah.

Poor PG :(
Why are you comparing him to the rest of us? Read between the lines, subtext is important.

Passed on playing for his home team with Lebron and arguably taking less money.

PG lost.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Kawhi can just tell the Spurs he's not going to play, I'm pretty sure that's part of his contract and at some point the Spurs are going to dispute his injury status. I'm actually curious what would happen in such a situation, I don't think I've seen anything like this before.
I mean he can, but they would probably reprimand him for it until they trade him because that's just a burden for them and hurts his value even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.