• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where will LeBron be taking his talents next season?

• Cleveland (Staying at home)

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • LA (LeBronzo)

Votes: 116 44.4%
  • Philly (Trusting the Process)

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 48 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
tenor.gif

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If Steven Adams can get a 100 then so can Capela.

The big issue is he's a restricted FA in an offseason where nobody is getting paid. Cappella can be upset all he wants (much like Smart in Boston) but the Rockets have zero reason to bid against themselves. He's free to go out and find a team to sign him to a 4 year/$100 million offer sheet, but he and his agent knows that ain't happening.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Every fan base overrates their young prospects and assets to an extent. Everyone thinks lottery picks carry this automatic value just by being lottery picks, ignoring that history will tell you more lottery picks end up being rotation players or busts than end up being all stars.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Every fan base overrates their young prospects and assets to an extent. Everyone thinks lottery picks carry this automatic value just by being lottery picks, ignoring that history will tell you more lottery picks end up being rotation players or busts than end up being all stars.

This makes sense for people that haven't followed a player for all of their playing career (HS, college, NBA).

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The big issue is he's a restricted FA in an offseason where nobody is getting paid. Cappella can be upset all he wants (much like Smart in Boston) but the Rockets have zero reason to bid against themselves. He's free to go out and find a team to sign him to a 4 year/$100 million offer sheet, but he and his agent knows that ain't happening.
Cue the Kings offer...

beat

Oct 28, 2017
But the Rockets aren't only bidding against themselves, they're bidding against the expected market for him next year. Offer him market value now and maybe he takes it. Lowball him and sure, he takes the qualifying offer and he's theirs either way for the next year but then he goes into next offseason feeling slighted and with a chance to bolt as a UFA with no return.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm surpised Mavs didn't go after Capela tbh. I know they got DJ but I just thought maybe Capela would fit more, maybe if he takes a QO they'll go after him next year.
Mavs were smart and basically gave DJ a 23 million dollar tryout. If he performs well i'm sure they'll max him out for 4 years or close to it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming they want the cap space for the next free agency?

Seems likely, yea.

Doesn't Capela want 25mil a year?

Mavs got Jordan for less than that didn't they?

1 year 23/24 million.

Mavs were smart and basically gave DJ a 23 million dollar tryout. If he performs well i'm sure they'll max him out for 4 years or close to it.

Agreed it was a smart move. Only way I see Cuban keeping DJ though is if he gets paid less in the future. Can't see anything like what Steven Adams got for DJ especially with him being 30 next season.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
People say the last few minutes of an NBA are a mess. This soccer game with people deliberately wasting time is super annoying to watch.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when the Celtics announcers said on opening night that Tatum would be an All-Star in 2018.

at least philly fans weren't in here calling him trash for picking another team over theirs :)
There's only like one Sixers fan here lol. Sixers fans were most certainly bitter on other sites.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
at least philly fans weren't in here calling him trash for picking another team over theirs :)

Pretty sure they were

Just because they have fewer fans doesn't mean people didn't say it

Oh and he didn't do a three part documentary series blue balling Philly around

Your obsession with the Lakers is honestly impressive

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
breh i'm not obsessed with the lakers, it's just that you guys dominate all discussion here lmao

look i just got 2 responses minutes apart whatabouting sixers fans who don't even post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.