Where will LeBron be taking his talents next season?

• Cleveland (Staying at home)

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • LA (LeBronzo)

Votes: 116 44.4%
  • Philly (Trusting the Process)

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 48 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2018
We're gonna get the most boring fucking outcome where Lebron and PG stay put and Kawhi goes to the Lakers and misses the playoffs.

At least Kawhi staying in San Antonio has the potential for drama and a face turn extension.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If LeBron comes to the West and gets Kawhi + a solid team, I fully expect him to call Adam Silver and ask for a 1-16 no conference playoff race

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

We have a big fanbase bro

I don't know what you want me to do lmao

I do not agree with what VCFL has said at all, and so far neither do any other Lakers fans on this site since no one quoted him and agreed with that post

I think he's a bigger Duke fan than Lakers fan

But saying "laker fans" and bundling us all together is also whack

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We have a big fanbase bro

I don't know what you want me to do lmao

I do not agree with what VCFL has said at all, and so far neither do any other Lakers fans on this site since no one quoted him and agreed with that post

I think he's a bigger Duke fan than Lakers fan

But saying "laker fans" and bundling us all together is also whack
True. But I think Jarate was obviously responding to that one post (maybe not though?)

Celtics fans get lumped together too, to be fair.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Why are people acting liek Fultz might not be one of the biggest busts of all time? Even if it is at no fault of his own.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still believe BI, Kuz, Deng, 2 first (upped it from one) and 2 second rounders is the most fair trade but w/e

Makes the most sense for both sides

we are losing Randle regardless tho if we somehow manage to get all three of LeBron, Kawhi, and PG

Oct 28, 2017
Why are people acting liek Fultz might not be one of the biggest busts of all time? Even if it is at no fault of his own.

Because everything else about Fultz's game is actually good enough. He just can't shoot/score but apparently Drew Hanlen thinks he can rebuild his shot into something workable.

Busts are guys like Anthony Bennett who show zero ability to play in the NBA.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still believe BI, Kuz, Deng, 2 first (upped it from one) and 2 second rounders is the most fair trade but w/e

Makes the most sense for both sides

we are losing Randle regardless tho if we somehow manage to get all three of LeBron, Kawhi, and PG
It's not great. Not horrible, but definitely not something the Spurs would be jumping on. They'd take their sweet ass time if that was the best deal on the table. The firsts don't mean much when you are letting them form a superteam. And taking Deng for the Lakers cap situation to improve seems super unlikely (in that particular trade scenario at least)

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Malcolm Gladwell gonna do a Revisionist History podcast on Fultz.

Everyone had him at #1

tumblr_m90verSJGt1rdqggno1_500.gif

danny-ainge-gif-9137974

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not great. Not horrible, but definitely not something the Spurs would be jumping on. They'd take their sweet ass time if that was the best deal on the table. The firsts don't mean much when you are letting them form a superteam. And taking Deng for the Lakers cap situation to improve seems super unlikely (in that particular trade scenario at least)

Spurs have proved they draft well though

any first round pick is still extremely valuable in the league

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I had Fultz, Lonzo and Jackson all in the same tier as prospects. Very good, but with very real warts/risks. Tatum is the guy I and a lot of people underestimated out of that class. I just never got the Fultz hype, especially leading up to the draft. I think a lot of it came from Boston getting the number 1 pick and assuming he was going to be a Celtic. He seemingly got the Danny/Brad seal of approval and everyone assumed he was a can't miss prospect. I never saw the explosion/athleticism in his college footage, certainly not at the level of the last couple of guys of his style to go 1st over all (Rose, Kyrie) He seemed like he got by a lot on craftiness off the dribble, and finished a lot in traffic and under the rim.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Only reason I can't blame the yips on Fultz is he came during an injury.

As far as being a bust, a bust is any player taken very high in the draft with high expectations and doesn't come anywhere near living up to them.
Ie. Greg Oden, Jahil Okafor, Anthony Bennet, Hasheem Thabeet, etc.

I'm in the camp who has very little faith that Fultz will ever be a productive player but I hope I'm wrong but I don't think teams would be willing to risk that or value him as a high grade asset.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017

As far as being a bust, a bust is any player taken very high in the draft with high expectations and doesn't come anywhere near living up to them.

I'm in the camp who has very little faith that Fultz will ever be a productive player but I hope I'm wrong but I don't think teams would be willing to risk that or value him as a high grade asset.

Greg Oden was born with one leg longer than the other and actually showed some promise when was able to play before the injuries took his playing career away. The others you mentioned are true bust.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Laker's are probably offering the best value tbh. Whats the next best offer the Spurs are getting do you think?

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Yo Edead, i went crashing down your hood last week. Stayed one night in Ridgefield to see the Mets game. Then travel to Syracuse and Rochester for some group functions.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah people continuing to call Oden a bust 11 years after he was drafted when it clearly wasn't the case is getting old

Poor dude just had different leg lengths

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
Look, Imma tell you how it is. I don't care about Lebron and I don't like him, he's coming to my team. I don't need him, I got my boys, who will take over the league once them guys up North get done holding it for ransom. And Paul George, he's on the Janet Jackson what have you done for me lately treatment. He hasn't shown me shit, in fact he should take a pay cut after that lousy playoff performance. That's what I think about him.

If they wanna come to LA, they better get down with the program. And anybody else, if you wanna be on a team where the gms ain't letting one player run the team and giving up..... COME TO THE LAKERS.

giphy.webp

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah people continuing to call Oden a bust 11 years after he was drafted when it clearly wasn't the case is getting old

Poor dude just had different leg lengths

I mean, the Blazers had the first overall pick in a draft that included Kevin Durant and drafted a guy that played like 100 total games in the NBA. If that's not a bust I don't know what is. It might not be his fault, but the Blazers ignored the medical red flags and passed on a hall of fame. There's no other way to describe that pick.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Yo Edead, i went crashing down your hood last week. Stayed one night in Ridgefield to see the Mets game. Then travel to Syracuse and Rochester for some group functions.

Nice! Queens is ight, Citi Field is beautiful ball park with a crappy team. Did you eat anything at the park? I never had a dog from there.

Oct 28, 2017

There's a lot of players that end up being busts under that definition. I feel there's a difference between a bust and being a bad pick, someone like Greg Oden isn't really a bust because he was a good player. He just completely broken down because of factors related to how his body was built.

Okafor, Bennett and Thabeet are all busts because none of them have shown any ability to play in the NBA and can't even really make it on the floor because of their complete lack of ability. Fultz in hindsight is a very bad pick but he's shown enough game in the dozen games he's played to be a solid NBA rotation quality player if he can get a half decent jump shot going.

I mean, the Blazers had the first overall pick in a draft that included Kevin Durant and drafted a guy that played like 100 total games in the NBA. If that's not a bust I don't know what is. It might not be his fault, but the Blazers ignored the medical red flags and passed on a hall of fame. There's no other way to describe that pick.

Its a bad pick, sort of like picking Sam Bowie instead of Jordan because you already had a Hall of Fame level shooting guard in Clyde Drexler.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Laker's are probably offering the best value tbh. Whats the next best offer the Spurs are getting do you think?
It might be. But like I said, if that's the best offer on the table then the Spurs should be in no rush.

Look, Imma tell you how it is. I don't care about Lebron and I don't like him, he's coming to my team. I don't need him, I got my boys, who will take over the league once them guys up North get done holding it for ransom. And Paul George, he's on the Janet Jackson what have you done for me lately treatment. He hasn't shown me shit, in fact he should take a pay cut after that lousy playoff performance. That's what I think about him.

If they wanna come to LA, they better get down with the program. And anybody else, if you wanna be on a team where the gms ain't letting one player run the team and giving up..... COME TO THE LAKERS.

giphy.webp
Lakers were the fucking 10 seed.

Feed us

Status
Not open for further replies.