• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where will LeBron be taking his talents next season?

• Cleveland (Staying at home)

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • LA (LeBronzo)

Votes: 116 44.4%
  • Philly (Trusting the Process)

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 48 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Account that broke LeBron to CLE years ago is active again. (Possible Burner?)

Says Bron would opt in and give Houston a try for one year, PG OKC stuff is a smokescreen.

Take it with a grain of salt but the Twitter account that broke LeBron back to Cleveland and Love/Wiggins trade among other inside basketball stuff is tweeting again. The account isn't making any official calls on LeBron's free agency, but it's insinuating a LeBron opt-in with a real possibility of moving to Houston as a Rockets 1-year rental. Also doesn't think Pop/Spurs will play ball re: Kawhi trade to Lakers.

https://twitter.com/Shaun11Rocket

Main Tweets:

• Its been a while Houston. Been very busy here. First Domino to fall starts Friday. Look for a Major Opt In.

• Don't ever trust LA media they will always puppet the popular narrative. I know Maverick and he made it quite clear to me. LA is not obligatory

• Anything pertaining to Lebron we are told not to share anything that isn't traceable pics screenshots. Even from burner accounts.

• Contd. Lebron runs the show and he makes sure that HE makes the announcements.

• By the way I called Lebron to the cavaliers in 2014. Also Love to Cleveland before it even happened. Jeez I wonder why ?

• Lebron is exhausted carrying teams. He is totally ready to play off the ball. Mav continuously stressed that Lebron wants to play with HighIQ players or elite defenders

• 1 pray Pop doesn't sabotage this.

• 2 this could be a one year rental. So the rockets better ring. If you want Lebron to stay.

• 3 paul George is definitely going. All the okc staying nonsense is just smoke screen to avoid tampering. Magic is very influential and well respected amongst players.

• 4 Lebron will Legone after a year to LA with Kawhi and George if no chip.

• 5 Chris Paul definitely has sway with Lebron and his kids going to the same school is definitely intriguing

SNES Jr

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I stand by my earlier take, if trading for Kawaii will get LeBron and PG to come over the Lakers should be willing to trade any and everyone.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is PG not also enough to lure LeBron? He doesn't cost anything (except money) you could have PG and LeBron plus all the young guys. That's gotta be a better situation than mortgaging everything for Kawhi. PG staying in OKC would be hilarious.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Is PG not also enough to lure LeBron? He doesn't cost anything (except money) you could have PG and LeBron plus all the young guys. That's gotta be a better situation than mortgaging everything for Kawhi. PG staying in OKC would be hilarious.

Agree. I'd rather we went with the kids and Lebron+PG via FA than trade for Kawhi ala Melo to NY.

But for all the song and dance about PG wanting LA - apparently the Thunder have impressed him enough to reconsider (and he makes the most money there)

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Kawhi for ingram hart kuzma picks and spurs offload a contract. Seems fair.

Then the Lakers trade Deng and Kuzma to the Jazz for cap relief.

So if LA trades Kuzma twice they can land both Kawhi and cap relief?! Brilliant.

EDIT: Apologies Tophat Jones I didnt see your edit before replying. The Lakers don't need cap relief and the Jazz I'd bet would rather eat their nails than take on the Deng deal.

I'm firmly of the view that the best way for LA to play this game is to not play it at all. The Spurs are the ones in need here. They want to get a return on Kawhi they can rebuild around. If LA strikes out on FA entirely - they still own a super young core that improved their record by 9 games last season and can continue to build from there.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So if LA trades Kuzma twice they can land both Kawhi and cap relief?! Brilliant.

EDIT: Apologies Tophat Jones I didnt see your edit before replying. The Lakers don't need cap relief and the Jazz I'd bet would rather eat their nails than take on the Deng deal.

I'm firmly of the view that the best way for LA to play this game is to not play it at all. The Spurs are the ones in need here. They want to get a return on Kawhi they can rebuild around. If LA strikes out on FA entirely - they still own a super young core that improved their record by 9 games last season and can continue to build from there.
I think Kuzma would be worth taking a shitty contract.

But I don't think it's gonna happen either.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's only watched regular season games sporadically throughout the years and more closely followed the playoffs, what podcasts or YouTube channels should I follow to learn more about things happening in the offseason, the draft, players moving, etc., or anything in general about the NBA? I also don't follow college ball and have no intention to but I do like basketball more than any other sport and do enjoy the discussion on this forum.

Feb 6, 2018
Can Philly afford Lebron and PG?

If so they should tell Kawhi to kick rocks and wreck shit out East with Simmons and Embiid.

That lineup is better than what LA can put together.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's only watched regular season games sporadically throughout the years and more closely followed the playoffs, what podcasts or YouTube channels should I follow to learn more about things happening in the offseason, the draft, players moving, etc., or anything in general about the NBA? I also don't follow college ball and have no intention to but I do like basketball more than any other sport and do enjoy the discussion on this forum.

The Starters have a TV show on NBATV but they also release it via podcast.
Dunc'd On is great (but maybe overly technical) for salary/cap stuff.
The Ringer Nba Show is good too.
If you follow a specific team, they likely have a podcast daily this time of year.

Oct 28, 2017

The whole media narrative is that they want to nab all three - LeBron, PG, Kawhi - to build the 2018's version of Boston's Big Three. I can get that, the Lakers are in the business to win championships and I dunno if Lebron + PG alone are enough to beat the Warriors, especially since LeBron is definitely losing a spring in his step and the entire Warriors starting lineup are under 30. LeBron's losing that superhuman endurance while Durant is only 28 years old or something ridiculous. The entire Warriors core, assuming they stick together, are all around the same age and still have a few years before they start aging out.

I think its stupid unless LeBron's forcing the Lakers to adopt a championship or bust mentality immediately instead of giving the team one or two years to develop. We know LeBron's stint on the Cavs has resulted in some pretty crazy contracts being dealt and roster shuffles being made.

Pop and the Spurs' front office can only be described as patient and generally cautious. I imagine they'll try to talk to Kawhi at training camp, which I'm pretty sure he has to attend as part of his contract, and if that falls through they're probably more than willing to do the counter-intuitive thing and trade Kawhi to an Eastern Conference team if the Lakers don't want to throw the kitchen sink at them. Their strength has never been making good trades and robbing teams of their high picks (Ainge) or locking undervalued players into cheap and long contracts (Hinkie) but rather patient player development and management. From memory, their last "big" free agent signings/trades were Richard Jefferson (lmao) and LaMarcus Aldridge and its taken them like 20 years to get a 1st round pick better than 20 (18th pick this year).

Last edited:

SNES Jr

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
6hbX0W3.jpg

Ainge does it again.

HierArch

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The whole media narrative is that they want to nab all three - LeBron, PG, Kawhi - to build the 2018's version of Boston's Big Three. I can get that, the Lakers are in the business to win championships and I dunno if Lebron + PG alone are enough to beat the Warriors, especially since LeBron is definitely losing a spring in his step and the entire Warriors starting lineup are under 30. LeBron's losing that superhuman endurance while Durant is only 28 years old or something ridiculous. The entire Warriors core, assuming they stick together, are all around the same age and still have a few years before they start aging out.

I think its stupid unless LeBron's forcing the Lakers to adopt a championship or bust mentality immediately instead of giving the team one or two years to develop. We know LeBron's stint on the Cavs has resulted in some pretty crazy contracts being dealt and roster shuffles being made.

Pop and the Spurs' front office can only be described as patient and generally cautious. I imagine they'll try to talk to Kawhi at training camp, which I'm pretty sure he has to attend as part of his contract, and if that falls through they're probably more than willing to do the counter-intuitive thing and trade Kawhi to an Eastern Conference team if the Lakers don't want to throw the kitchen sink at them. Their strength has never been making good trades and robbing teams of their high picks (Ainge) or locking undervalued players into cheap and long contracts (Hinkie) but rather patient player development and management. From memory, their last "big" free agent signings/trades were Richard Jefferson (lmao) and LaMarcus Aldridge and its taken them like 20 years to get a 1st round pick better than 20 (18th pick this year).

tldr

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Oh shit Lebron reached out to KD to come to LA. This guy, what a guy!

I know that KD has no reason at all to leave the warriors - but I'm surprised that despite this being theoretically possible, this concept hasn't got the airtime it could have!

IF (it'd be a cold day in hell) this were to happen - it knocks the warriors down a BIG peg, creates a potentially new super team in the west and catapults the lakers back into relevance again.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark

I agree.. If the pressure is coming from LeBron to build a super team to meet the Warriors right now - its just not worth it imo. Its throws common sense out the window (along with Magic's claims of being patient over the next summer) and could end up crippling the Lakers in the next 3-4 years.

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
Stephen A is also saying that Philly isn't giving up trying to trade for Kawhi.

Also said Lakers would have to give up BI, Kuz, Hart, and a pick to get Kawhi from what he's heard.

Kawhi wouldn't mind going to Clippers just to get into LA

Status
Not open for further replies.