• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so when does Javale get benched for Dwight cuz that nigga is just......

also when do we talk about KAT being the new Curry now that Trae is out and Steph is washed. The man is averaging 32/13/5, shooting 51% from behind the arc on 9.7 3PA???

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get on the Lakers bandwagon a decade ago when they were winning chips, but now that they've beaten Memphis I don't think I can restrain myself any longer.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Who are the least popular superstars in the last 40 years?

I always felt that Hakeem and Duncan were not really widely popular but at least they were beloved in their own town. I was always a Hakeem fan because there was not much else to root for in the 90s (horrible time to be an NBA fan).

Dirk I think was a little more popular than both of those guys and I would assume he also owned most of Germany so he doesn't belong in the conversation.

Kawhi to me seems like the winner because he burned his bridges in the two places the loved him, the Clippers technically don't have any fans and for whatever reason his robot personality and snake life behavior doesn't seem to be winning over the media and general fans.

The only other guy who is in the conversation is probably Garnet. But I am not even sure he was a legit superstar.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

I always felt that Hakeem and Duncan were not really widely popular but at least they were beloved in their own town. I was always a Hakeem fan because there was not much else to root for in the 90s (horrible time to be an NBA fan).

Dirk I think was a little more popular than both of those guys and I would assume he also owned most of Germany so he doesn't belong in the conversation.

Kawhi to me seems like the winner because he burned his bridges in the two places the loved him, the Clippers technically don't have any fans and for whatever reason his robot personality and snake life behavior doesn't seem to be winning over the media and general fans.

The only other guy who is in the conversation is probably Garnet. But I am not even sure he was a legit superstar.
Dwight

Marz

Oct 30, 2017

Malone. Nobody liked him outside of Utah

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Question for you guys because my BBIQ is still low, but a lot of people are saying that ad was flopping up to get those free throws. Ngl I felt that It was getting kinda ridiculous in the third quarter, where the refs kept giving him free throw afe free throw. Do you think that his free throws were legitimately earned, or gotten mostly through flopping?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Life is full of mistakes and hard decisions.

Luckily this one would be both the best and easiest decision of your life.
There are too many applicants for us to take everyone.

I think we are going to have to prioritize who we will allow to get in.

Cmon Spin, this is a Lakers bandwagon. We have standards. We can't just let all the dregs and bum on like it is some kind of Clippers thing.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Question for you guys because my BBIQ is still low, but a lot of people are saying that ad was flopping up to get those free throws. Ngl I felt that It was getting kinda ridiculous in the third quarter, where the refs kept giving him free throw afe free throw. Do you think that his free throws were legitimately earned, or gotten mostly through flopping?
He was beating his defender to rim or to his spot and they were reaching.

Those fouls are deserved.

You have to play better defense before you cry foul.

That said I am sure some of those fouls are BS, as would happen with any player that shot more than 20 FTs in a game. But he got most of them driving and defenders were not in front of him. Sometimes its hard not to blow that whistle...

buenowonder

Jun 11, 2019

huh i think people really like kawhi. His stale personality has made him a top NBA meme 2 years in a row

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
huh i think people really like kawhi. His stale personality has made him a top NBA meme 2 years in a row
Who exactly are these people? He lost all his fans in San Antonio and Canadia. The Clippers have no fans. And I don't think he has a fanbase nationwide despite being the best player in the world. Dude is just unlikeable.

Also, this is funny.

EIGohLBU8AAOxFg.jpg:large

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Morning clipper fans. Enjoy the last few hours of being considered "elite" because the jazz are going to absolutely expose you tonight

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kawhi game is real smooth when his terminator senses are going.

least popular superstar has to be both boring in personality and play style. Their dominance too polished, too stale, too dull. A man who swears he's never committed a foul in his career.

there's only one man who fits that

2rxrTGd.jpg

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Kawhi game is real smooth when his terminator senses are going.

least popular superstar has to be both boring in personality and play style. Their dominance too polished, too stale, too dull. A man who swears he's never committed a foul in his career.

there's only one man who fits that

2rxrTGd.jpg
Dude has a city that loves him though.

Kawhi can't even get a fresh pair of Nikes without paying for them.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
There are too many applicants for us to take everyone.

I think we are going to have to prioritize who we will allow to get in.

Cmon Spin, this is a Lakers bandwagon. We have standards. We can't just let all the dregs and bum on like it is some kind of Clippers thing.

In my 1 and a half years of being a Lakers fan I have never seen anything like this. Not everyone deserves this blessing.

The championship cookout at your place will be lit.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have no idea how the Celts even attempt to defend the Bucks tonight, but I'm curious to see how they try. Horford was a big part of what success they had. I imagine Semi will see more minutes than usual, but I'm really curious to see how many minutes they play Grant. This is a big test for him and how much they trust him, which I think is a lot - they've been so good defensively with him on the floor, but this is a different beast.

I think the Celts can definitely have success on the perimeter against this Bucks team - not sure if guys like Korver, Connaughton, Ilyasova will be able to stay on the court. Going to be a really interesting matchup game.

Last edited:

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Uh he wanted to come to the Lakers for the last 2 years.

Would be weird if he breaks his word after a single season unless Lebron sleeps with his mom or somehow betrays him.

I will buy my AD Lakers jersey and you can go to the airport in Atlanta to get ready to welcome him. One of us will look foolish in a years time.

To be clear I'm not saying that he's specifically going to go to the Hawks. I don't know AD or what his team's plans are. What i do know is that last summer 6 stars left their teams for playoff teams that largely fit the description. Playoff teams with enough cap space and/or dead money to be able to absorb their skills without losing any key rotation pieces. Stars want to win, not drag bad teams to the playoffs, so now they join playoff teams the more wins the better if the opportunity presents itself.

AD will stay in LA if it benefits him to do so and he knows that he will have legitimate help, and as of 2019 its clear that Lebron doesn't count as that anymore. Next year's free agent class is awful. So unless Kyle Kuzma is an Allstar (He's not) LA will be outgunned and back in the lottery with their picks going to New Orleans. Its a no win situation for AD, Unless he has Iron Cladd promises that he will have star teammates join him in 2020

Edit: LEAST POPULAR SUPERSTAR

Recent Years its 100% Dwight. Honorable Mention Jimmy Butler

Last edited:

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I liked Chris Paul when he was on my Clippers, but I don't think he's too popular with people not rooting for his team and I can't imagine that there are a ton of Thunder fans right now.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
To be clear I'm not saying that he's specifically going to go to the Hawks. I don't know AD or what his team's plans are. What i do know is that last summer 6 stars left their teams for playoff teams that largely fit the description. Playoff teams with enough cap space and/or dead money to be able to absorb their skills without losing any key rotation pieces. Stars want to win, not drag bad teams to the playoffs, so now they join playoff teams the more wins the better if the opportunity presents itself.

AD will stay in LA if it benefits him to do so and he knows that he will have legitimate help, and as of 2019 its clear that Lebron doesn't count as that anymore. Next year's free agent class is awful. So unless Kyle Kuzma is an Allstar (He's not) LA will be outgunned and back in the lottery with their picks going to New Orleans. Its a no win situation for AD, Unless he has Iron Cladd promises that he will have star teammates join him in 2020

Edit: LEAST POPULAR SUPERSTAR

Recent Years its 100% Dwight. Honorable Mention Jimmy Butler
My my my. Bionic, help me here.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I liked Chris Paul when he was on my Clippers, but I don't think he's too popular with people not rooting for his team and I can't imagine that there are a ton of Thunder fans right now.

The vibe with Thunder Fans is that He's pretty washed up but don't want anyone to know so he still has trade value. Also most would rather start Dennis Schroeder if it wouldn't destroy Paul's trade value

Status
Not open for further replies.