• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is no doubt Luka will get voted in. The only question is if he'll outvote LeBron for the first spot in the West. The East Captain will be Giannis, not a lot of competition until KD returns.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
So what happened to the "lAkErS gAvE tOo MuCh FoR Ad" jokes?

I've never thought those types of trades have a downside besides injury risk. AD is a proven commodity, sure the Lakers gave up a scorer and some other unremarkable players, so what? It's AD.

I also think it's dumb to judge a trade like that after 1/3 of a single season or whatever.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
The Lakers have lost fewer games than the pelicans have won
They have lost fewer games than everybody but the Knicks and Hawks have won so it's not much of an indictment on the Pelicans.

Edit: The West starting lineup will and should be AD, LeBron, Kawhi, Harden, and Luka. East is probably more open but Giannis and Embiid are likely locks.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Lebron history repeating on Christmas oof.

Doncic is back.
...is LAL gonna lose 4 in a row?

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
They have lost fewer games than everybody but the Knicks and Hawks have won so it's not much of an indictment on the Pelicans.

Edit: The West starting lineup will and should be AD, LeBron, Kawhi, Harden, and Luka. East is probably more open but Giannis and Embiid are likely locks.
What about the pelicans have one less loss than the Lakers have wins

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching the game rn and kawhi sorta reminded me of old bron, how he just took over an important game vs the regular season star (today's bron). He's the best player in the world, we're at a point where this almost isn't a debate.

Oct 28, 2017
source.gif

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
I'm watching the game rn and kawhi sorta reminded me of old bron, how he just took over an important game vs the regular season star (today's bron). He's the best player in the world, we're at a point where this almost isn't a debate.
Ehh Kawhi can't really be mentioned in the same breath as younger Lebron playing 60 games a year. I get that he has ongoing/permanent issues but still.

He was also looking pretty depressed and hopeless in the Bucks game earlier this month. Its basically a wash between Kawhi, Giannis and Harden. There's no clear best player or team this year thus far.

Oct 28, 2017
Ehh Kawhi can't really be mentioned in the same breath as younger Lebron playing 60 games a year. I get that he has ongoing/permanent issues but still.

He was also looking pretty depressed and hopeless in the Bucks game earlier this month. Its basically a wash between Kawhi, Giannis and Harden. There's no clear best player or team this year thus far.
You forgot Luka.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I make fun of Lebron a lot, but Kawhi doesn't sniff Lebron's peak.

And the fact that it is a debate who is the best player in the world is a testament to that.

What even

Oct 28, 2017
For sure. He needs maybe a season or two more of this level play before he becomes a staple in that conversation but he is definitely right there.
No, he is there now. He is a euro-league champion and MVP. He's shown what he is as an NBA player. He's one of the best NBA players in the game right now. If you were building an NBA team from scratch he would be the #2 guy you take at least. Giannis is the only other player you could argue is in front of him.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
No, he is there now. He is a euro-league champion and MVP. He's shown what he is as an NBA player. He's one of the best NBA players in the game right now. If you were building an NBA team from scratch he would be the #2 guy you take at least. Giannis is the only other player you could argue is in front of him.

He's where now? Dallas had a .402 record last year with Luka on the roster. Very good 2020-21 thus far but one year doesn't make him a staple of the league. Let the guy play at least one series in the playoffs before we get too crazy.

I would currently pick Kawhi, AD, Giannis, KD, Harden and Steph before I even thought about Luka. Maybe even PG and Lebron.

Oct 28, 2017
He's where now? Dallas had a .402 record last year with Luka on the roster. Very good 2020-21 thus far but one year doesn't make him a staple of the league. Let the guy play at least one series in the playoffs before we get too crazy.

I would currently pick Kawhi, AD, Giannis, KD, Harden and Steph before I even thought about Luka. Maybe even PG and Lebron.
You realize we had dead money in Dirk last year, and a crappy roster that got even worse after they traded their assets for an injured KP right?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So what happened to the "lAkErS gAvE tOo MuCh FoR Ad" jokes?

You realize this only stopped because the Lakers only really drafted two all-star-like players in that span when they had like three number 2 picks in a row and a bunch of other high ones, and both of them were squandered while on their team. And it's really the lack of draft picks for the foreseeable future that's going to hurt them, but we'll see.

Speaking of, do we blame Ingram's lack of growth in LA on sharing a position with lebron or on Walton? How did he improve his FT shooting and 3pt shooting so much?

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luke is a terrible fucking coach, I will always blame him.

The Pelicans have an actual staff, Luke had his frat bros and no shooting coach on the bench. He wanted to ISO Ingram (to be fair BI was always pretty good at this) and didn't emphasize outside shots for him. He wanted him and LBJ to be interchangeable with the ball.

Oct 25, 2017
You realize this only stopped because the Lakers only really drafted two all-star-like players in that span when they had like three number 2 picks in a row and a bunch of other high ones, and both of them were squandered while on their team. And it's really the lack of draft picks for the foreseeable future that's going to hurt them, but we'll see.

Speaking of, do we blame Ingram's lack of growth in LA on sharing a position with lebron or on Walton? How did he improve his FT shooting and 3pt shooting so much?

Sometimes people just need a change of scenery.

Contract years don't hurt either.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
You realize we had dead money in Dirk last year, and a crappy roster that got even worse after they traded their assets for an injured KP right?

That still doesn't change the fact that the guy has yet to even make the playoffs yet. I get that taking up for Luka is your thing but let the guy be consistently great before calling him the second best or whatever.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lakers guard rotation gotta be one of the worst in the league for >.500 squads

either rondo or Avery Bradley getting 20 mins a night 😰😰😰

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019

Definitely the former. It takes way too many dribbles for Ingram to get a shot off and he's still kinda worthless off the ball. The way he is playing now would've never worked on the same floor with Lebron.

Oct 28, 2017
That still doesn't change the fact that the guy has yet to even make the playoffs yet. I get that taking up for Luka is your thing but let the guy be consistently great before calling him the second best or whatever.
He was consistently great before he even got to the NBA. I said if you were building a franchise right now, he's who you would take at the very least at #2. Who would you take if you had either the first or second pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.