• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His clothes are different here so he does change then you just dont change them yourself.
days-gone-e3-2018-screen-05-p4-us-11jun18

days-gone-e3-2018-screen-07-p4-us-11jun18

CreativeScholarlyGemsbuck-small.gif

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel this game got way too much Sony 1st party treatment. When it was first shown it looked like a hordesim almost, arcade-y and fun. Now it looks like a Naughty Dog wanna be. Looks like a fucking slog.
I don't know gameplay but their visual style looks like default AAA Sony game. It would be cool if First Party Sony Studios bring more variety to their portfolio.

Also the main character and their love interest look generic af 😴

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I don't know gameplay but their visual style looks like default AAA Sony game. It would be cool if First Party Sony Studios bring more variety to their portfolio.

Also the main character and their love interest look generic af 😴
What does "Default Sony AAA game" mean? I mean Dreams, Detroit, GOW, GT Sport, Horizon, MLB, Bloodborne etc... are nothing alike visually or gameplay wise.

Are we going to get this "Generic as Fuck," every time a game as a white dude as the lead? Generic like Arthur Morgan?

Oct 25, 2017
You know at this point ima blame y'all for engaging in the generic conversation to begin with now lol. It derails every thread scroll past it man. It's the same ppl let it fly don't let it hit you in the eye(that made no sense but whatever)

Duderino

Nov 2, 2017
When it was first shown it was essentially a tech demo. And people didn't think it looked fun then, either.
It was a technical showcase with plenty of gameplay on display, running on actual PS4 hardware, played live on the show floor.

Days Gone's E3 2016 showing was more concretely a game than what we typically see of tittles at press conferences.

Last edited:

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
You know at this point ima blame y'all for engaging in the generic conversation to begin with now lol. It derails every thread scroll past it man. It's the same ppl let it fly don't let it hit you in the eye(that made no sense but whatever)
Agree but it is so frustrating to see these shit, low effort hot takes in every single thread man. Makes these threads hard to even read.

We need a bingo card for Days Gone threads, Generic, Bland, Sony AAA template, Fridging, Ubisoft, TLOU Wannabe, Deacon wears his hat backwards.... etc..

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
What does "Default Sony AAA game" mean? I mean Dreams, Detroit, GOW, GT Sport, Horizon, MLB, Bloodborne etc... are nothing alike visually or gameplay wise.

Are we going to get this "Generic as Fuck," every time a game as a white dude as the lead? Generic like Arthur Morgan?
The concern trolling for this game has gone full circle. I remember people saying that this game looks too much like a generic 3rd party game instead of a 1st party title. Now it's too typical 1st party lol.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where a Breaker is close as you come I guess lol
Looks like a Breaker can easily insta-kill you ;D
We have dozens of VR games, Dreams, MediEvil, Astro Bot, Gravity Rush, MLB The Show, Concrete Genie, etc.
The "variety" is huge already. Maybe you shouldn't only watch TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding footage.
But again, that's not the topic here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This game is going to brake new grounds I can feel it

Bend Studios is about to surf.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does "Default Sony AAA game" mean? I mean Dreams, Detroit, GOW, GT Sport, Horizon, MLB, Bloodborne
I do think even gow and horizon look samey even with their differents themes. I like what SP is doing with GOT though. It proves that even within realist aesthetic, you could do a more original and appealing visual design.
Also you know Im not talking about sports games. Why so defensive? I'll give you Bloodborne but that id a five year old game made by japanese team. It always would look different. I should say western developed, story driven AAA Sony game instead?

And that Harley Davidson guy and their blond love interest, c'mon.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I do think even gow and horizon look samey even with their differents themes. I like what SP is doing with GOT though. It proves that even within realist aesthetic, you could do a more original and appealing visual design.
Also you know Im not talking about sports games. Why so defensive? I'll give you Bloodborne but that id a five year old game made by japanese team. It always would look different. I should say western developed, story driven AAA Sony game instead?

Ah so sports games don't count, BB is old, japanese games don't count now... What about dreams, Astro bot? Detroit? GOW is in a large colourful fantasy world, TLOU and GOW, Ghosts of Thushima, Shadows fo Colussus, last Guardian are nothing alike. Your post is nonsense. Saying they look the same is disengenius as it gets.

I'm not defensive at all I am replying to your "Sony needs more variety and Sony AAA template" BS,.

"And that Harley Davidson guy and their blond love interest, c'mon..

What does this even mean? A white dude and his blonde wife? So anyone who is white and has a blonde wife is automatically generic and cannot be interesting? I don't get it

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
Agree but it is so frustrating to see these shit, low effort hot takes in every single thread man. Makes these threads hard to even read.

We need a bingo card for Days Gone threads, Generic, Bland, Sony AAA template, Fridging, Ubisoft, TLOU Wannabe, Deacon wears his hat backwards.... etc..

It's not unique to days gone threads, the crackdown 3 threads are just as bad.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great and props to loudninja. Can't wait for this game!!!

P.S. - Love the Al Bundy Married With Children images. :)

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Ok they have been married atleast for a little awhile look at the part where he purpose he has a shorter beard, and shorter hair then look at when they are riding is bike.These pics are showing 3 different times in their life.

Looks great and props to loudninja. Can't wait for this game!!!

P.S. - Love the Al Bundy Married With Children images. :)

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soooooon, Daniel! ;) Only a few more weeks.
PS: Now I want a Al Bundy skin/dlc ;D

Actually, 11 weeks from yesterday to be exact. Thankfully, I have at least five games releasing between February 15th and March 22nd to keep me busy and make the time go faster while im waiting for my most anticipated game since E3 2016.

Hahaha. Wouldn't mind that at all considering MWC is my all time favorite comedy and one of the best comedies in general of all time.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually, 11 weeks from yesterday to be exact. Thankfully, I have at least five games releasing between February 15th and March 22nd to keep me busy and make the time go faster while im waiting for my most anticipated game since E3 2016.

Hahaha. Wouldn't mind that at all considering MWC is my all time favorite comedy and one of the best comedies in general of all time.
Same :)
Btw. I guess DG won't have a story dlc, because Bend Studio is a way smaller studio (compared to ND or GG). That alone makes me kinda sad already :P

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

So basically "I was wrong to generalize Sony first party studios"?

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Now hair colour has been used as another square on the Days Gone bingo card there can't be much room left.

Taking bets on photo mode being announced and someone finding a way to complain about that.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same :)
Btw. I guess DG won't have a story dlc, because Bend Studio is a way smaller studio (compared to ND or GG). That alone makes me kinda sad already :P

That was obvious based on your user name and avatar pic. LOL. :)

As for Days Gone, im fully expecting some DLC content. Garvin said so either at TGS or in those videos from Game Informer. Will be disappointed if they changed their minds.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, just use your ignore function guys, easy to filter out this tired 'publisher template game' hot takes