• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate they aren't doing a PC demo. Although seeing how well RE2 runs on my system I'd imagine DMCV would be about the same with the same engine.

Speaking of which, perhaps this isn't the right place to ask this but how are the ports of 1-3 and 4SE on PC?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate they aren't doing a PC demo. Although seeing how well RE2 runs on my system I'd imagine DMCV would be about the same with the same engine.

Speaking of which, perhaps this isn't the right place to ask this but how are the ports of 1-3 and 4SE on PC?
The original PC version of 3 is bad. The HD Collection is "fine" but has poor keyboard controls and no mouse support, and DMC1 is missing effects and has audio bugs. 4SE is solid, but it has a weird issue where it might crash on startup and requires a HEX edit to boot.

Resident Evil 2 is like 20 years old.
So? There was a good deal new as well. Datamining is not a solid reason to ignore an entire platform over something like a demo. Capcom should be fair to all platforms and if they're concerned about datamining then they need to work on their security and how much they leave behind in demos.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
After the seemingly unsolvable stutter issue in RE2 (which is minor in my case, fortunately) I'd really like to see if there are any performance issues with the PC version of DMC5.

FWIW the steam page shows DMC's system requirements are 100% identical to RE2's .. so outside the state of engine optimization, it should more or less be the same (minus stutters)

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW the steam page shows DMC's system requirements are 100% identical to RE2's .. so outside the state of engine optimization, it should more or less be the same (minus stutters)
Whatever the issue is in RE2, I hope it doesn't also extend to DMCV. I played rock solid 60fps since release, now my framerate is widly fluctuating between 30 and 60, even standing still. Oddly enough, if I disengage vsync it fluctuates between 50 and 60, and if I set the framerate limiter to 60 with vsync it locks at 60, but using a limiter and vsync together results in framepacing issues. This is clearly a bug, and hopefully gets fixed.

Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with RE2 is single occasional hiccups probably related to loading or something. Otherwise it's great. As long as DMC5 stays smooth within each combat scenario, that's fine with me.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever the issue is in RE2, I hope it doesn't also extend to DMCV. I played rock solid 60fps since release, now my framerate is widly fluctuating between 30 and 60, even standing still. Oddly enough, if I disengage vsync it fluctuates between 50 and 60, and if I set the framerate limiter to 60 with vsync it locks at 60, but using a limiter and vsync together results in framepacing issues. This is clearly a bug, and hopefully gets fixed.

Are you talking about RE2 with the fluctuating frame rates ?

It's been pretty consistent for me since launch day. Only place I've noticed stuttering happening is the RPD main hall, outside of that it's pretty much a consistent 1080p/60. I can even bump it up to 120% resolution scale with little to no difference in performance on my average gaming laptop. DMC should run just fine, though if it doesn't I'm also not opposed to the PS4 Pro version.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Are you talking about RE2 with the fluctuating frame rates ?

It's been pretty consistent for me since launch day. Only place I've noticed stuttering happening is the RPD main hall, outside of that it's pretty much a consistent 1080p/60. I can even bump it up to 120% resolution scale with little to no difference in performance on my average gaming laptop. DMC should run just fine, though if it doesn't I'm also not opposed to the PS4 Pro version.
Yes, it's entirely random. You will be good one day, and the other this happens. There's this bug, and the bug where the game will slowly decrease until it's pitch black. Hopefully both of these issues get fixed.

Pipyakas

Jul 20, 2018
Too bad that there's no PC demo, but seeing how the first demo compared to RE2's final code performance on the base XB1, I guess it would perform just a little bit better than RE2 if there's no specific issue on either version, which I doubt there would be.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's shit that there's no PC demo. I can only hope the fact that another team worked on this game means that it might not suffer from stuttering. I guess we'll see. Technically I already own DMCV on PC because of the AMD deal so it's whatever, but I sure don't want to double dip on PS4. :P I dealt with the stutters in RE2 up to a point, beat Leon A, but I wasn't enthused to play through that shit again in Claire B so I dropped the game (for now). I will not tolerate this bullshit in DMCV.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
I'd love a pc demo... if only youtube's shitty algorithm didn't spam spoilers in my face.

Anyone knows how long this demo will be available for?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I bought RE2 on PC but I'm getting this on ps4.

I need a stable version of the game.