• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HHGaming

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SE properly also think its a good idea to remain silent about FFVII even if they are ready to show it
"Lets not talk about FFVII Remake now so we can give DQ+KH more attention for now"

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Guys, I think we all know that if S-E shows a VIIR trailer tonight people will rise up and decide NOT to get KHIII. It's the only logical explanation.

yeah... no. Game hype can co-exist between these two games.

PowerBar

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
It just doesnt make any sense for a publisher to keep a flagship title out of their own press conference to show it during another publisher's pressconference. Not even because they will get more views at Sony, because they would have gotten more views when they did both conferences.

The only reason is either they dont have anything to show yet, or they want to push KH3 to the front, which would make perfectly sense.

My expectations of seeing this at this e3 have dropped to zero%

peetxp

May 30, 2018
It just doesnt make any sense for a publisher to keep a flagship title out of their own press conference to show it during another publisher's pressconference. Not even because they will get more views at Sony, because they would have gotten more views when they did both conferences.

The only reason is either they dont have anything to show yet, or they want to push KH3 to the front, which would make perfectly sense.

My expectations of seeing this at this e3 have dropped to zero%
Except Sony showed the initial reveal in E3 2015 didn't they? Not that I'm remotely confident, granted ...

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I get that, makes sense :) But, nevertheless, why so confident that it'll "most likely be at Sony's conference" and that "Sony I'm sure will bring it"?
The lineup expectations are pretty big. We have RE2 Remake, The Last Of Us 2, DMCV(maybe new info or trailer), KH3(maybe new trailer) and then VIIR. I'm pretty sure their conference will be massive and that VIIR is being saved for it. The reason being is Sony revealed it and probably want the exclusive reveal for the trailer.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The lineup expectations are pretty big. We have RE2 Remake, The Last Of Us 2, DMCV(maybe new info or trailer), KH3(maybe new trailer) and then VIIR. I'm pretty sure their conference will be massive and that VIIR is being saved for it.

I agree with you about everything but VII Remake being there =p

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
People always daydreaming about 7r, I'm sure once KH3 we will see it and that's next year.

What's more shocking is no FFXV season 2 dlc lol or hell that shooter game forgot the name.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This about sums up my feelings

p3xDqrz.png

Me immediately following the showcase
QQYkpeR.gif

Me 10 minutes later
0mhY0JM.gif

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
@ people expecting FFVII remake at SONY's conference when it's probably just stuck in dev hell + KH/DQ need the spotlight

tenor.gif

peetxp

May 30, 2018
Be an VIII fan and you will have it. :(
Meh, it's okay. I've played it twice and it just doesn't really do it for me. The story devices, arcs and so on just seem a bit arbitrary and overly-coincidental, like they were riding the back of 7 and just needed/wanted to get the next one out while the hype was still really high ($$$). I like about 2/3 or the soundtrack though, I listen to it a lot.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
But SE is doing a pretty good job. People just want to see some new FF7R stuff. It's been what, 3 years now?
Here's the problem that I keep repeating but some are too stubborn. Square puts out a trailer of a game doesn't mean they started dev work on the game. It's sort of like "yeah this trailer here? Expect this game years down the road". It's a very bad habit that they have so they'll reveal it again next year once KH3 is out.

PowerBar

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Except Sony showed the initial reveal in E3 2015 didn't they? Not that I'm remotely confident, granted ...

But SE showed the same trailer at the same E3. The only thing I imagine they could have done if they wanted to give sony the spotlight is show a short trailer at their own conference and save a larger trailer for sony's. That would extend a positive response.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the problem that I keep repeating but some are too stubborn. Square puts out a trailer of a game doesn't mean they started dev work on the game. It's sort of like "yeah this trailer here? Expect this game years down the road". It's a very bad habit that they have so they'll reveal it again next year once KH3 is out.
This would make sense if we didn't know for a fact that dev work has been underway for a while.

peetxp

May 30, 2018
But SE showed the same trailer at the same E3. The only thing I imagine they could have done if they wanted to give sony the spotlight is show a short trailer at their own conference and save a larger trailer for sony's. That would extend a positive response.
If SE's show had been before Sony's, perhaps SE wouldn't have shown it at all (which might be how it happens today).

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Square Enix understands or cares about how to market things properly. The fact that there are more eyeballs on Sony is irrelevant to them, as much as it makes sense to us logially.
Nah, they understand perfectly well that showing a trailer at this point means very little in the grand scheme of things. It's the marketing leading up to the release a few months prior to it that actually matters to the masses. Rapid angry impatient fans don't matter 1+ year prior to release. They showcased quite a few games, FFVIIR doesn't currently need to be any kind of priority to their marketing efforts

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I say Sony's conference would be more likely. It's more of a spot light for their games.

Nearly all the Final Fantasy games recently have been announced at Sony's conference.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This would make sense if we didn't know for a fact that dev work has been underway for a while.
Whenever I see a trailer from square that's the impression I get, so I'm never of the mindset "oh expecting news because the game was revealed 3yrs ago" at least from square because they are notorious about this.

They could show the game nonstop and people will say "stop showing us footage and get back to work" this is a battle you can't win anyway, happened with XV.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh well, I expect FFVII tonight then.

If not at Sony's conference...I will be solely relying on RE2make.

If neither are there, ONLY DEPRESSION IS LEFT.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, they understand perfectly well that showing a trailer at this point means very little in the grand scheme of things. It's the marketing leading up to the release a few months prior to it that actually matters to the masses. Rapid angry impatient fans don't matter 1+ year prior to release. They showcased quite a few games, FFVIIR doesn't currently need to be any kind of priority to their marketing efforts

This isn't like most games. It has 20 years of history and Remake in its name.

The masses already know what it is and heard memes about it. You're either in or you're not in.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I understand and agree with your point that FF7 doesn't need to be shown right now. They want to focus energy and attention on KH3 and DQ11. But instilling goodwill in the most loyal fans never hurts your bottom line.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
That poopscooper wrote something. He's full of shit obviously but is saying that Sony pulled something last minute. He is just going to try and validate himself if VIIR is shown and ignore all the other BS he is saying.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 99.99999999 % sure this game won't be a PS4 title. I expect it mid-way through the PS5 life cycle, so maybe 2023?
And you're 99.99999999 % wrong. It's split in multiple games for a reason. The first one could be out late 2019/early 2020. SE showed in their finanical briefing the other day that they're expecting a huge revenue spike between April '19 and April '20, so that's probably because Avengers or/and FFVIIR are releasing.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
If it's not shown tonight: they announced this far too early. Pretty confident it will be though, Sony have made a thing of banking on nostalgia at the last few E3 conferences.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
They're going to come with the thunder at Sony's conference.

Not only will FFVII Remake be showcased, but a demo will be announced. Available after midnight. Watch.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Haha
I made the right decision choosing a good nap over seeing the remake of the GOAT FF(8) live

That guy eating shit live though
That i would not miss

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
And you're 99.99999999 % wrong. It's split in multiple games for a reason. The first one could be out late 2019/early 2020. SE showed in their finanical briefing the other day that they're expecting a huge revenue spike between April '19 and April '20, so that's probably because Avengers or/and FFVIIR are releasing.
Keyword here is could. I'd love to play this soon but I'm not really sure why anyone is giving SE the benefit of the doubt with release dates. They don't really have a great history with this.

peetxp

May 30, 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake/comments/8qbns1/comment/e0hw9v4

It's too bad because a remake project would have been crazy but it was probably just the old rumours of remakes involving ps1 era games and someone trying to act like an insider lol

I can't wait to see his continued bs if VIIR is shown and he acts like he knew.
Still hedging his bets (BS-ing) about Sony later tonight though. I hope you and SEscooper are right about that ;) (Not saying you're BS-ing by the way, but I'm nowhere near as confident as yours truly)

Oct 30, 2017
You know what's sad? Three times a year I hope to see FF7 Remake and three times a year I'm disappointed.

C'mon square, just give us something, anything, it won't change a damn thing for any of your other games.

It's time.

What's weird is for all the hype around KH3, they've barely showed anything. I really don't want to see it again at Sony's conference. They have the week to talk about it.

You know what else is sad, Death Stranding will be announced, created and released before FF7 Remake, and thats with Kojima gallivanting around the world and starting a studio from scratch.