• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sega just announced a new House of the Dead title for arcades, House of the Dead ~Scarlet Dawn~

The game itself runs on Unreal Engine 4, and the cab will utilize gimmicks like an "Air Cannon" and "Vibration Seat". It will location test from 1/19 to 1/21.

qlW8eEU.png

ss_05.jpg

PDPP1kY.jpg

Here's the official site, and Sega also made a new official House of the Dead Twitter to go along with it.

Last edited:

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
Time out, new House of the Dead?
Too long has it been.
Suffer no longer!
Like or Dislike, it's been quite the wait.
G, that's swell.
Did not see it coming!

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk what a vibration shot is but sign me up pls.

surprised they haven't brought any of their arcade staples to VR yet.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
YES!!!!

Man, Border Break PS4 and now House of the Dead revival? Sega is making all the right decisions.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I love HotD, really hope this shows up at Dave and Busters and/or Round1

I wonder where this takes place on the timeline, I'm guessing with a name like Scarlet Dawn it might be during the zombie apocalypse that apparently took place between 4 and 3?

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool, maybe I should check it out. It's in Club SEGA in Akihabara this weekend :> I might be able to squeeze in an hour for Akihabara.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
goddamn it, why cant Sega ever put out direct feed footage of this shit? I still want to get a proper, not-cam footage of that Sega GT game

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully The Magician shows up out of nowhere again so we get another sweet remix of his theme

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh dang it's coming back!

Wasn't the last game called "Typing of the Dead" or something?

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In related news, it looks like they've nixed the first "The" from "The House of the Dead."

It's just "House of the Dead" now.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
Since home version of lightgun games are all but dead...how about a VR version? Until Dawn rush of blood is a good concept for light gun at VR...c'mon sega, do it!

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
4 was beyond excellent, and this one looks pretty good too! Sega making all the right moves lately between this and the new Daytona.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Typically don't enjoy the seater games with the mounted guns, which this appears to have. Passu.

notme2020

Dec 3, 2017
I didn't realize that arcades are still big in Japan. Hopefully it comes the states at some point.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
Loved the original house of the dead, would put a buck into the machine and play both players and go akimbo style. Absolute blast.

One time I was so in the zone I beat the game on just one credit each gun, and got the first and second high scores on the machine.