• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would it kill Jericho to stay in Kayfabe mode?

Dude attacks Don Callis and two days later his on a podcast with Don Callis. Couple weeks ago I read an interview with him and his talking about him and omega are planning to have a great match. I know in the wwe kayfabe is dead but man just do kayfabe until the match is over.
Kayfabe ,it is 2017 l.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Japan still has it. If your going to tell the media in a press conference in Japan it's going to be a fight then tell everyone in America it's going to be a fight.

I remember Jushin Liger doing a shoot interview and he answered every question in Kayfabe.

Do you get mad when Cate Blanchette and Chris Hemsworth do interviews together

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
To be fair, Don Callis was actually totally in kayfabe at the beginning of the podcast before Jericho was on, so having Jericho later doing a shoot interview was weird.
Jericho also was very clearly drunk, lol.

OP
OP
Seraphis Cain

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I wish NJPW would throw BUSHI a bone every now and then. He's pretty much only ever portrayed as the "weak link" of LIJ, aside from maybe getting a pinfall over Gedo in multi-mans every now and then. He's better than that, dammit. =/

Like it's pretty clear he's gonna take the pinfall (probably from Fale) in the NEVER 6-man title match coming up. Which I mean, makes sense given what's happened leading up to the match, and SANADA & EVIL can't look weak going into WK, but still.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Figured i'd bump this!
Hey folks, just got done watching WK and i haven't had this much fun watching wrestling until this morning. Was my first NJPW show. I began watching about 40 minutes in, originally i only really cared for the Jericho/Omega match but that changed as soon as the first match i saw was done with. Gonna have to look at the OP as i felt a bit lost but i didn't care, i just wanted to see some amazing wrestling. Although i am tempted now to see more of it so mid-show i paid for a sub to see the show in better quality + someone kindly linked me a spreadsheet with 1300+ matches.

blast0rama

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
Figured i'd bump this!
Hey folks, just got done watching WK and i haven't had this much fun watching wrestling until this morning. Was my first NJPW show. I began watching about 40 minutes in, originally i only really cared for the Jericho/Omega match but that changed as soon as the first match i saw was done with. Gonna have to look at the OP as i felt a bit lost but i didn't care, i just wanted to see some amazing wrestling. Although i am tempted now to see more of it so mid-show i paid for a sub to see the show in better quality + someone kindly linked me a spreadsheet with 1300+ matches.

Welcome to the fun! Japanese wrestling makes for a different product from what we get in the states, but it is a shockingly accessible one.

I haven't watched any of WK12 yet, but goddamn, looked like a worldbeater of a show.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the fun! Japanese wrestling makes for a different product from what we get in the states, but it is a shockingly accessible one.

I haven't watched any of WK12 yet, but goddamn, looked like a worldbeater of a show.
Was phenomenal for me but that's coming from a NJPW newbie, though the general consensus seem super positive, enjoy the show when you get to watch it!

Xclash

Oct 25, 2017
Figured i'd bump this!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI/edit#gid=0

Here is the link to the spreadsheet.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I want to stay up for New Year's Dash, but my body cannot. first thing tomorrow on new japan world!

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
So coming out of WK New Year's Dash, we have a good look at some future New Japan matchups:

Okada vs SANADA
Naito vs Jericho
Tanahashi vs Suzuki
Ospreay vs Hiromu
Omega vs Switchblade
Omega vs Cody
Omega x Ibushi
Tanahashi vs Paralysis

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jericho is being set up for a feud with Naito, probably to have a match at the Long Beach show. Plus he's said he's interested in a match with Tanahashi and we can't rule out a match with Okada either.

NJPW pretty obviously looks at Jericho as a main eventer more than WWE ever will in 2018 and thank god for that. His match with Omega was MOTN for WK12 and I can't wait to see more of him here.