• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dsc9JgwXgAE0YW1.jpg

From IGN:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...pcom-video-game-movie-milla-jovovich-tony-jaa

What the hell is going on lol...

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I thought I was the only one.

What is going on in this movie? Time travel?

Hype rising.

From what I've heard, it's like the anime GATE in which military dudes find a portal and end up in monster hunter world.

I wonder how they'll go from military issue clothing to just monster hunter gear, will they buy it in a shop? How do they know how to wield huge weapons? Is there gonna be some carving and crafting? This will be a beautiful train wreck.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a MonHun vet of over at least 4000 hours in all games, I feel like a mockery is being made of the franchise.

Oct 25, 2017
ER3O-bDXkAgj0pX

ER3O-a9WkAISxmE

twitter.com

IGN on Twitter

“Check out two exclusive posters for the Monster Hunter movie, with Milla Jovovich's Lieutenant Artemis wielding a Giant Jawblade, and Tony Jaa's The Hunter holding a Great Hunter's Bow. https://t.co/MLpdMkWukb”

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it was shot in some non discript eastern Europe country over a couple of weeks ala a Millennium Films release :/

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
From what I've heard, it's like the anime GATE in which military dudes find a portal and end up in monster hunter world.

I wonder how they'll go from military issue clothing to just monster hunter gear, will they buy it in a shop? How do they know how to wield huge weapons? Is there gonna be some carving and crafting? This will be a beautiful train wreck.
Só it's a isekai movie lmao

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I don't know why but Tony's face looks shopped on.

So we're going to see Milla keep missing her charged attacks right?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oof... just realized this is a Paul W.S. Anderson movie. I should have known since Milla Jovovich is starring. I'm gonna wait to watch this on an airline.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean come on guys, do you really think it's practical to try and have a 10 foot long greatsword for a movie? It's fine for what it is.

It's a movie whereby the source material has you repetitively hitting giant animals for almost an hour until it dies then carving lance which is in fact a giant swordfish.

Go all in with it or don't lol

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The posters completely miss the mark. Look at all Monster Hunter box art. How dynamic and intense they are with a player character going against a flagship monster. This open barren poster with the character tucked in the corner doesn't sell me on it. Fucking show me a MONSTER if it's gonna a be called Monster Hunter.

Should've gone with a poster like Tri.
208-2083067_box-art-mh3-wii-textless-monster-hunter-3.jpg

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! The Three Musketeers movie Paul did was pretty good...

Other than that... its been rough...

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Expecting this to be trash of the worst kind, but who knows, if they get the creatures right it might be worth it for just that alone. But so far we've seen exactly zero monsters, lol.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If they don't have Hunting Monsters and carving them up to make new gear, the film will be a failure.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck does he have an M4 Carbine in a movie thats supposed to be a movie based on Monster Hunter with big ass swords and bows?

That's like making a movie based on Final Fantasy but with the only weapons being small knives. It just feels so wrong, and not in a good way.
I mean, ignoring the movie stuff, bowguns are advanced enough to be handheld gatling guns, so it's not like the tech isnt there

also MH is a post apocalyptic universe why is the military lady going to an alternate dimension instead of the future

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
you know... the real stars of this franchise are the monsters... not humans... the posters should be nothing but different monsters with a short explanation of the monster

edit: maybe they aren't showing the monsters because I bet there's only 1 monster and if they show it they'll spoil it.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
At best we get a decent MH movie, at worse we get a hilariously bad video game movie that YouTubers can make fun of for decades to come.