• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best gym leader

• #TeamBea - Sword Exclusive

• #TeamAllister - Shield Exclusive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Updated the Chart at last.

MsfXtPQ.jpg

Additions to 0.3
- Lapras Added
- Mawile Added
- Ferrothorn Family Added
- Toxapex Family Added
- Fixed Numbering from Mudkip Line
Just hoping for my boy Whimsicott to make the cut.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We have people arguing Gamefreak possibly created a 3D model from scratch with the exact same fucking vertex corners as the 3DS model. Amazing.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Just hoping for my boy Whimsicott to make the cut.

I have a shiny Jumpluff I've kept bringing to every game, since FireRed, and I can almost see it's not gonna make the cut, especially when Eldegoss exists.

Pokémon with similar concepts are kinda tricky though, because they could either go for the "a cotton Pokémon already exists, so there's only room for one" or "all the cotton Pokémon co-exist together in this area".

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think the change I want to see most is nerfing/fixing Fairy type. I thought Fairy type was a good idea when they debuted in XY but two gens later I think they whiffed the execution.

Their strengths/weaknesses are probably the least intuitive of the 18 types, and the nerf to Dragon type was too much.

Change resistance to Dragon from 0x to .5x, and give them a third weakness, to Fire maybe (since Fire already resists Fairy for some reason, it would make their type chart easier to remember, and Stealth Rock makes Fire types useless already so maybe this will buff Fire enough), or maybe to Bug type to stick with the theme of "Fairy is only weak to the shittiest attacking types."
Agreed that Fairy needs a nerf. You have so many absurd Fairy type combos that cancel out one or both of the type's weaknesses (most obviously Steel/Fairy), and absurd Fairy type Pokémon like the Tapus.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
What if we both nerfed Fairy while buffing Grass by giving grass immunity to Fairy type with the reasoning of fairies being tied to green nature?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
What if we both nerfed Fairy while buffing Grass by giving grass immunity to Fairy type with the reasoning of fairies being tied to green nature?
I'm not really a fan of immunities, but I think Grass resisting Fairy would make a lot of sense. Though I'm not sure how useful that would actually be, a lot of Grass-types are also Poison or learn Poison-type moves, so they already have something to counter Fairy-types.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Conspiracy theories aside, yeah, I think the explanation that the energy from a mega stone and the energy from the spots that allow Gigantamax being the same or similar kinds of energy works.
Its no consipracy hear me out:
192px-Ktreewnames.png

1 Keter - "Crown"
2 Chokhmah- "Wisdom"
3 Binah - "Understanding"

4 Chesed - "Kindness"
5 Gevurah - "Discipline"
6 Tiferet - "Beauty"
7 Netzach - "Eternity"
8 Hod - "Splendour"
9 Yesod - "Foundation"
10 Malkuth - "Kingship"

Now look at the Galar Map:
IMG-20190717-221432.jpg

Now what does this all mean? The 10 Spots all fit for the gyms and protag.
1. Leon, the Crowned Champion.
5. Bea the Discipled Fighter and Allister the Discipled Ghost Master
6. Nessa, the Beautiful Swimmer.
8. Milo, the splendorous Farmer.
10. The Protag, the Future King.

Also prominent is the Hexagon, which is surprise surprise, the symbol most seen on Olenna which is rumored to be the villain.

But Gigantamax won't be available for everyone. How will they explain that some Charizard get the Gigantamax / Mega form, but others just become a big Charizard? Or that some become the X and others the Y?

Also, in the technical aspect, we've seen Gigantamax Pokémon have their official artwork and are classified as "Gigantamax Alcremie", "Gigantamax Drednaw" how are they gonna treat Mega Gigantamax forms? I just don't see them re-naming Mega Charizard X or Mega Charizard Y as Gigantamax Charizard X and Gigantamax Charizard Y. It makes more sense that there is just a Gigantamax Charizard, with a whole new design. It's as if they suddenly treated Deoxys' formes as Mega Deoxys Speed or Mega Deoxys Defense in Gen V. I suppose they're even trademarked as Mega [name of the Pokémon]. And I don't see them either going for the route of "Charizard gigantamaxes to a Mega Charizard X."

I mean, anything is possible and they can do whatever they want without giving any explanation (like how they never explained the selection of Pokémon that can Mega-evolve) but I just don't see them re-naming or completely changing the purpose or even the name of past concept that is already tied to a design and some sort of form classification.
Only some Pokemon can access it because they are found in the Ley Line Dimension found in raid spots, so theh are born with the power within them already.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm fine with there being shit attack and shit defense types, because that's just a fine thing to have, but for Ice and Rock being poo defensive types is so counter intuitive, and they design all the Ice and Rock type Pokemon as big tanky things but their typing blows. The final nail in the coffin is that it's not worth using them as glass cannons because basically everything can learn Ice and Rock type attacks so why bother, just throw your Ice moves on a Water type etc.

I think movepools are generally too deep anyway; I think they should scale them back some and start with restricting availability to Ice moves first.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with there being shit attack and shit defense types, because that's just a fine thing to have, but for Ice and Rock being poo defensive types is so counter intuitive, and they design all the Ice and Rock type Pokemon as big tanky things but their typing blows.
Yeah, like in Gen 3 Aggron was my boy...until a fighting type came along and I got him the fuck out of there

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
An ice buff is very near the top of my wish list

I'm in a Pokemon mood and very close to picking up Ultra Moon, never bothered with the Ultra versions

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The movepools should be heavily cut down and completely redone. Everyone would lose their shit and start movexit or whatever, but they all can learn too many things and it makes a lot of pokemon samey or redundant or makes entire types pointless. Why can everything learn toxic, anyway?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The movepools should be heavily cut down and completely redone. Everyone would lose their shit and start movexit or whatever, but they all can learn too many things and it makes a lot of pokemon samey or redundant or makes entire types pointless. Why can everything learn toxic, anyway?
If they are going to cut Pokemon they might as well trim down some of the redundant moves and do more tweaking to moves, but I don't think they should strip moves from Pokemon just to take utility away from them.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But I like the flavor of the different moves.

As someone who designs Fakemon I've realized how some moves are given for flavor over substance which is fine.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
But I like the flavor of the different moves.

As someone who designs Fakemon I've realized how some moves are given for flavor over substance which is fine.

My thoughts exactly!

Not every move is useful, but a lot of them give Pokémon their own personality and uniqueness. Even if it's just a different name or a slightly different effect, it's nice to have it.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's why I wish we had some more weaker moves like Leafage for certain Pokemon for flavor.

I'm glad Grookey seemingly gets his own move in that Stick Strike over just tossing on Razor Leaf or Vine Whip.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There don't need to be less moves, Pokemon need to learn less moves. Normal types should be the only ones with sprawling versatile learnsets. TMs need to go back to one use each too. Everything being able to learn everything sands the edges off the game and makes each mon less unique.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
There don't need to be less moves, Pokemon need to learn less moves.
Exactly
It's why I wish we had some more weaker moves like Leafage for certain Pokemon for flavor.

I'm glad Grookey seemingly gets his own move in that Stick Strike over just tossing on Razor Leaf or Vine Whip.
I'm still surprised leafage wasn't made a special attack. There should be a low level special grass attack other than absorb

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
TMs need to go back to one use each too.
Ugh, please no.

I do feel that infinite use TMs are a bit too exploitable, but they're still far better than the old way. It sucked when you caught a new Pokemon and wanted to teach it a move, only to find that it only learns that move through a TM that you already used on something else.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
They could make TMs of one use until you complete the league for the first time and then they become infinite retroactively.

Status
Not open for further replies.