skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
In theaters next year, february 4.

In Moonfall, a mysterious force knocks the Moon from its orbit around Earth and sends it hurtling on a collision course with life as we know it. With mere weeks before impact and the world on the brink of annihilation, NASA executive and former astronaut Jo Fowler (Academy Award® winner Halle Berry) is convinced she has the key to saving us all – but only one astronaut from her past, Brian Harper (Patrick Wilson, "Midway") and a conspiracy theorist K.C. Houseman (John Bradley, "Game of Thrones") believes her. These unlikely heroes will mount an impossible last-ditch mission into space, leaving behind everyone they love, only to find out that our Moon is not what we think it is.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
for the curious:

- mini trailer before hand
- no pop song slow remix
- BHRRRRM style trailer

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For a moment I thought the news caster would say "The governor has just ordered the evacuation of the entire world"

and you know, I'd have been okay with that.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer gives away A LOT it seems.

But that does seem a bit intentional. Like, to get across that is more like Independence day than it is like 2012, i guess?

For a moment I thought the news caster would say "The governor has just ordered the evacuation of the entire world"

and you know, I'd have been okay with that.

Haha, same!

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Excellent. Getting real Dead Space Brethren Moon vibes from this trailer.

d4pyfrg.jpg

CONVERGENCE IS HERE.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the title and thought "no way it could be about the moonfalling out of the sky"

Poor naive slayven

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
"our moon is not what we think it is" may be one of the best lines I've ever read.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
How is the Moon alive

"The moon is falling to the Earth, causing natural disasters"
"Seen it before"
"Ok the Moon is alive and eats spaceships with a moonmouth"
"Here's 200 million dollars"

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, after posting my hot take and now actually watching the trailer...yeah, I'm in, lol. Looks like madness. Can't wait for the How Did This Get Made.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I thought this movie was about the moon crashing into the earth, didn't realize is damn aliens lmao

Sold.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Been looking forward to this. Watching Emmerich's films have been one of my favorite pastime since childhood.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the kind of movie that will actively kill braincells as you watch it.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I wrote about the storyline for this in May 2019. I suppose it's possible that they've changed things since the original spec script/pitch that Universal bought, the trailer pretty much gave the twist away but here it is if you're interested.

If I remember correctly Universal paid a fortune for this before Independence Day 2 opened with the intention of fast tracking it.

And then..., Independence Day 2 opened, completely cratered at the box office and Universal quietly shuffled this off to the side. I imagine that the success of Wondering Earth in China probably made this a viable event film again hence the now indie financing.

Though the logline basically makes this sound like Armageddon, I heard (unless it has been rewritten) that it's actually about...,

The Moon starts to fall out of orbit towards the Earth, a team is sent up to correct the 'moon fall' ( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) and they discover that the moon is actually an ancient alien space ship (like, the whole fucking thing!) filled with alien monsters who have been hibernating just waiting for their chance to invade. That's a very sketchy recollection but that's kind of it.

Seriously.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The trailer gives away A LOT it seems.

But that does seem a bit intentional. Like, to get across that is more like Independence day than it is like 2012, i guess?

Yeah but no one's watching this for the plot anyway. The theaters are so dull in January / February that I'm looking forward to some sweet explosions in space.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
No one does disaster films quite like Emmerich so I'm down for this. Like the Moon being an alien construct probably will make for dumb fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Dude should learn how to write scripts in mandarin if he actually wants to beat movies like The Wandering Earth

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
They'll spend $200 million on this, but I can't get any fucking dinosaur movies outside of the JP/JW franchise? Like, c'mon, Hollywood. Those movies made billions of dollars. Just make some dinosaur movies. Would it kill you?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I love disaster movies. I'm in and so is my family.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
They'll spend $200 million on this, but I can't get any fucking dinosaur movies outside of the JP/JW franchise? Like, c'mon, Hollywood. Those movies made billions of dollars. Just make some dinosaur movies. Would it kill you?

I'd totally be down for Emmerich's take on a Dino x Disaster film.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This should've been based on Local 58's very... demonic take on what's going on with the Moon.

If you are afraid, we will look together.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
There was an old trading card series in the same vein as Mars Attacks! that featured a dinosaur invasion and it would be perfect as a schlocky action movie.

TW: gore and dinosaur-related violence

Holy &!?*, you weren't kidding about the gore and I love it.

And yeah, I'd love to see something like this given a cheesy, slightly self aware treatment. So… Emmerich definitely out the running, haha. Something like Zombieland but Dinosaurs.