• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's not a bad way of explaining the story at all. It makes Bens turn to the dark side much more believable than just Snoke.

Of course, there's also the possibility that it's not even Palpatine to begin with. This whole thing is about deception, so maybe someone else is just masquerading as the Sheevster who in turn portrays himself as yet more dark side users (Vader, Snoke). Then again, there's also no real way to pull off a satisfying conclusion with that solution within one film, so it's probably just Sheev for real. But how?

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Snoke as just a meat puppet is fine by me. Great performance in TLJ but still kind of a nothing character.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Of course, there's also the possibility that it's not even Palpatine to begin with. This whole thing is about deception, so maybe someone else is just masquerading as the Sheevster who in turn portrays himself as yet more dark side users (Vader, Snoke). Then again, there's also no real way to pull off a satisfying conclusion with that solution within one film, so it's probably just Sheev for real. But how?

It's.....

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to watch the video, but I'm going to assume its Lumpy. I'm sure Lumpy and Ben played together a lot as children, and it will be Lumpy that pulls him back from the dark side.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It kinda doesn't because Snoke asked Kylo to kill Rey in TLJ.
I don't see how that doesn't fit. Palpatine likely used the body and persona of Snoke as a contingency for something like that? I dunno, I'm just spitballing here after a few lines form the clip -- the film may pose it very differently.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap if Snoke was a Palpatine puppet the entire time, I freaking called it!

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Seems safe to say whatever visions or voices Ben claimed to get from Vader's helmet was actually just Sheev.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the comics imply/say that Palpatine had a huge role in creating Anakin?

There's a panel in the Vader 2017 comic that seems to blatantly suggest this but then the Story Group walked it back on Twitter and claimed it was just a vision or something. It seems they're not willing to fully commit to it.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
So Palpatine's the over-arching villain of the trilogy again, just as he was in the OT and the prequels!

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing this it seems silly that the devil incarnate in the Star Wars universe would ever be defeated by throwing him over a railing.

He seems like a cancer on the universe that they didn't quite cut out. To me that makes retreading concepts, the First Order, planet destroying space spheres, that much more justified. If you're going to kill evil in physical form make sure you have a photo of the body before you party.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
At first I was concerned about Palpatine making an appearance. But with this clip, I learned to stop worrying and love the Sheev

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
This film is going to be such an entertaining mess.

lol yeah
giphy.gif

A true vision of bringing the audience whatever song & dance it is they said they wanted!

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus. I was worried about how they'd pull it off, but I can already tell all they need is for that guy to fucking cackle and it'll all click together.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Didn't the comics imply/say that Palpatine had a huge role in creating Anakin?

ROTS implies it. In ROTS' draft, Palpatine was going to come out and say that he created Anakin and to think of him as a father. Lucas said that he decided to let it remain ambiguous for the viewer to decide on whether Anakin is a Sith experiment or just created by the Force itself.

The comics have decided to let it stay ambiguous too but there are allusions to it as well.

Dec 12, 2017
That scene is a pretty big reveal for the official marketing.

So glad the ads leading up to Endgame were non-spoiler revealing absolutely nothing storywise. 🙂