• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
So something like this right?

Ryzen 3700X (sort of?)
16 GB GDDR6 + 4 GB DDR4
Navi 5700X+
Custom SSD

Seems like a great machine to me.
According to the benchmarks which may or may not have been based on what might or might not be the supposed ps5 cpu, it is a ryzen 3000 series with 8c/16t but with performance comparable to a 2700 series ryzen.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I'm not sure what the exact policy is on ERA, but repeated instances of teasing insider information got folks banned on the other place.

Best course of action is to get mod verified, and then if you can't talk about a certain detail, don't bring it up until you can.
Don't like it either :
  • Make a big post of things you can say
  • Don't mentions the things you can't talk about

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I believe it'll be the 2.0ghz clock that pushes the PS5 to near RTX 2080 territory more than the flops. If you followed Nvidia GPUs, their high clocks are one of the major reasons why they have the perf per flop advantage.

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Regarding these teases, I'm looking into it. For future reference, if you come in here (or any thread) claiming to have insider knowledge, you'll be subject to some verification so you don't derail threads (or at least don't derail further).

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I hope next gen consoles will have (11 - 13tf) rdna 2 gpu that closer to 2080ti than 2080 also i think anything lower than 10tf will be unacceptable to many, remember nividia will move to + 7nm tech soon next year and it's abvious how drastically powerful 3080 and 3070 will be, i expect huge improvement than what amd done with Gcn to rdna, putting those info together then by end of next year even if next gen have 12 tf rdna gpu it will be equivalent to mid - low end nividia gpu and that's the minimum accepted specs for many.
But this isn't really true at all, who are these many? The few era members that will complain because of a double digit number but still wouldn't know any better if they saw the games first and said "wow I'm gonna buy that day one" on their chosen system. You could have a 9TF machine but the game look phenomenal when shown then the specs are revealed and it's not what they hope when it's a 9TF not 10TF... will they they flip flop out of self pride and TFs, cancel that preorder. General public when buying won't give a crap about whether it's this or that. It's whether the features are worth the upgrade and if the game look noticeably better... Things like fast/instant play(loading) is hugely benificial for families or parents with young children. Atm you sit there waiting for a update to dl and then a baby wakes and your gaming/relax time has gone, if that's no longer a thing and can jump straight into some entertainment that's gotta be a plus for some, when BC gets finalised for launch that's also a sale for PS4>PS5 especially.

People get drawn to a purchase over imagery, like when KZSF was to PS3 games, even in AC:Black Flag a cross gen title the water was easy to tell the differences, and plenty of comparison videos about to show why, for example, the PS4 was better over PS3. It'll be the same for next gen launch too, they won't just target a hardcore audience who know PC tech specs about GPU/CPU's and RAM bandwidth speed. they'll make it easy for the general customer.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
If my devs opinions are anything to go by y'all should lower your hype around the SSD. It's not the life saver a lot of us think it is. It'll completely eliminate a bottleneck and is revolutionary as a baseline but it won't allow for anything super magical. He seems to be most hyped about the GPU and especially the CPU. They'll be more than enough for a next-gen experience. And a lot of that SSD bandwidth goes to rendering the super detailed worlds too.

Okay but publicly there are devs on twitter perfectly happy to express how exciting the the SSD is to them.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Do we know how much the CPU would need? That's the part that makes me more concerned, especially with memory contention issues.

Top of the line consumer CPUs don't need more than 48GB/s. That's usually the limit for dual channel DDR4.

This gen the Jaguars needed 25GB/s(ps4) and 30GB/s (Xbox One).

I usually use 40GB/s reserved for CPU for next generations calculations.

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
U don't belive klee? Klee has said PS5 will be more powerful.
Didn't he say that according to Target specs Sony is aiming slightly higher/more powerfull?

From leaks we are all assuming that Sony is pushing their hardware to the limit and MS coming across cocky seems like they are holding back and will increase clock speeds while having higher CU count. They already had two great cooling solutions in a row, I don't see how they mess up the next one.

Speaking of cooling, does anyone know if that huge hole on Scarlett? motherboard(bottom right in e3 video) is for some type of cooling?
LThjcSb.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.