• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Someone on the PS5 subreddit found a "Private Event" at Sony Hall on Feb. 29th starting at 7pm. Any chance this could be the date? They mentioned that Sony Hall is the rumored venue, but I haven't personally heard that rumor, so I thought I would share.
Link: Reddit

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Why isn't this thread going nuts?
We've seen mockups before, and also the "back ports" have been covered in articles a few weeks back, there's not much new aside from showing it's out there, and the photos don't really make it look very elegant.

The discussion has mostly revolved around if the owner of it will get fired or not.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What if this is a controlled leak in advance for the ps meeting news tomorrow?
*removes tin foil hat
Lol

Feb 10, 2018
We've seen mockups before, and also the "back ports" have been covered in articles a few weeks back, there's not much new aside from showing it's out there, and the photos don't really make it look very elegant.

The discussion has mostly revolved around if the owner of it will get fired or not.

What console would look elegant with hair and dust on them, taken on a carpet with this lighting?

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
The base intrigues me - looks to be missing some feet? Doesn't look like it would stand solidly on its base, as intended, in that prototype form - unless I'm missing something?

Feb 10, 2018
The whole thing looks rough despite the pubes and dust on it. The finish just isn't "premium" and the way all the gaps along the sides seem larger than they should be. After all this is a prototype.

?
Theres gaps on the back of every console. The shell can't be completely gapless, they need access.
The finish is the same as X1X or ps4 Pro lol, it's a matte plastic.
You can't even see the texture of the surface In those pics anyway.

Hockeymac18

Nov 14, 2017
Why do I feel that Microsoft is going to treat the Xbox has a phone or something.

Xbox Series S in 2021, Xbox Series X2 in 2022 with USB-C, smaller design, more storage, new colors, Xbox Series S2 in 2023, etc.

The USB-A ports make me think they just want to pump out revisions and updated models on a regular basis.
I think that is exactly where it's going. Although I don't think the revisions will be less than 3 years apart.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
What console would look elegant with hair and dust on them, taken on a carpet with this lighting?

No console. It's like photographs of real people rather than airbrushed models. Our expectations are for the hyper-realism of marketing photo shoots rather than reality.

Lol true but the guy should have used a wipe before taking those damn pics haha.

It's almost certainly someone's kid again. They demonstrated dreadful judgement by letting the photos into the wild, especially with a serial number intact, so why would you expect them to be more sophisticated about the photos themselves?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
As far as I know, they want to reveal the PS5 in spring.

Sony is also working on a new Horror IP.
hello, is it possible for you to turn to moderation to verify this claim?
interesting if there is truth to your words though.
Don't say that haha . In this thread only feb reveal is welcomed and nothing else .sprong means March 20th and onwards. Fuckk
to be fair, march in general could be counted as spring depending on who are you asking.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The base intrigues me - looks to be missing some feet? Doesn't look like it would stand solidly on its base, as intended, in that prototype form - unless I'm missing something?
It's discreet but already there in first shown pics :

look closer

my monitor i see a circular base
I also suspect a base that would let the user rotate the console... or not, but considering the vertical standing and the weight of the console on that surface, a circular base like this is not illogical.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
That's kind of the point. Feels like MS already gave IGN the first look so this was just a release of an image of a concept already revealed. Nothing crazy as they want to fully control the information flow.

If I were going to have a controlled leak that I wanted people to know was real while I "deny" it, I would make sure it doesn't reveal anything already not known and also enable someone to easily verify that it is real (ie leave the serial number unregistered in the data base) without us confirming it. I would assume that each of these consoles is registered two ways from Sunday before it is sent out for take home duty. Every MS employee has an account and will likely have the console registered to them here and elsewhere.

I have a feeling that MS does a better job tracking these than having an excel sheet with serials and names.

Anyway, the original post seems to be someone from Brazil?

Does Alex Kipman have kids?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's discreet but already there in first shown pics :

I also suspect a base that would let the user rotate the console... or not, but considering the vertical standing and the weight of the console on that surface, a circular base like this is not illogical.
Maybe it's necessary for air flow when standing up ? But u r right it might make it easy to tip over

oipic

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, you may be right - there's definitely a base of some sort visible in the glossy marketing pic - so perhaps it's just the perspective of these latest shots that I'm struggling with, but it appears to be distinctly convex, both from the front and rear? How does one stand this thing up?

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Imagine getting your parent in trouble/fired, because you were dumb enough to post pics of an unreleased console prototype on the internet showing clearly the serial number.

And then imagine, also being dumb enough to leave your pubes on the box for the whole internet to see, after you were doing... well... lord knows what.

🤣 😂

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, you may be right - there's definitely a base of some sort visible in the glossy marketing pic - so perhaps it's just the perspective of these latest shots that I'm struggling with, but it appears to be distinctly convex, both from the front and rear? How does one stand this thing up?
But when u put it on the side the u constantly see a circle from the side . So not sure

Hmm yes after a closer look on the second shot, I admit I could be wrong. Just a reminder =>

V8pOefj.jpg

ky0Lpfl.jpg

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Imagine getting your parent in trouble/fired, because you were dumb enough to post pics of an unreleased console prototype on the internet showing clearly the serial number.

And then imagine, also being dumb enough to leave your pubes on the box for the whole internet to see, after you were doing... well... lord knows what.

🤣 😂
Well if he has pubes he is not a kid (atleast that's how it works with most humans haha)

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone on the PS5 subreddit found a "Private Event" at Sony Hall on Feb. 29th starting at 7pm. Any chance this could be the date? They mentioned that Sony Hall is the rumored venue, but I haven't personally heard that rumor, so I thought I would share.
Link: Reddit

Yes I have been monitoring Sonyhall and that has been there for a while now. 2 weeks at least.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
He means you cant make claims without proof. Or else just be clear it is speculation on your part.
You made a couple of claims, i wondered if you could turn to a mod to verify that you could get the info you claim to have.
On this website you can't just say something as insider info before getting the info vetted by a mod . I think that's what he means

Ah well, I was verified by a mod before, I think. His name is Hecht.

Status
Not open for further replies.