• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Yeah it's so damn amazing they managed to keep things under wrap. The XSX reveal was a great surprise and it's specs are the cherry on top. I also really like the design, it would actually fit on my desk much better than the horizontal setup of my ps4.
yeah with deception levels like these, this is why we haven't heard a lot of concrete leaks for next gen, MS and Sony playing the long game here lol.

SgtCaffran

Nov 16, 2019
So just to post a few quotes from the other place because I think they're worth looking at.

Tommy Fisher said:
Verification process is going on

Tommy Fisher said:
SlimySnake said:
HBM, yes or no?
Re-RAM. yes or no?
SSD. 1TB or 2TB?
Tflops. 12-14, Yes or no?
- I won't answer this question
- No
- Both
- Yes

Tommy Fisher said:
BTW PSM [2], same date as the first one. mark your calendars.
This would mean February 20th 2020.

Tommy Fisher said:
Negotiator said:
Tommy, can you clear up the confusion regarding VRS tiers?

Is Sony going to have an inferior hardware implementation?
No, both Prospero and Anaconda have the same VRS implementation afaik.

TLZ said:
Hold up. Did you just confirm 2 PS5 versions?
Not simultaneously
TeamGhobad said:
Tommy anything about the SSD's? Speed in particular?
The only thing i can say right now is over twice as fast as Anaconda's SSD. also a pretty good research by gofreak in ResetEra about the possible sony's tech.

So all in all exciting rumors for the PS5!

Also check out my previous posts with some rumors by the same insider. Especially interesting if he does get verification: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...8-the-dark-tower.159131/page-31#post-27421178

edit: disclaimer: he is not vetted yet as of the writing of this post

Last edited:

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
That is very likely what's going to happen.

The funniest thing about this thread, or should I say series of threads, is that after years of speculation and arguing, and tens of thousands of posts, the most likely outcome when both of these consoles launch is that they're very comparable in terms of specs. Even if one has a small advantage it will essentially be meaningless in most games. So this thread is pretty much all for nothing. lol
Yep lmfao it's all pretty funny. Who gives a damn about a console war when we're all gonna win and the consoles will be very similar. And even if they're not, it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. I love speculation as much as the next guy, but when people in this thread get upset over dumb things it comes across childish

senjutsusage

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know in what parallel universe you live, but late generation games have proven more than a time how the Xbox hardware is worst engineering compared the PS4 just looking to the multiplat state and I doubt it's because anyone can't push beyond the magical esram. DF has tons of videos about it. Esram was a waste of precious space for other better hardware specs and the xbone X hardware seems point out that quite brutally.

Late gen Gears 5 says hi. That said, let's not derail.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
yeah with deception levels like these, this is why we haven't heard a lot of concrete leaks for next gen, MS and Sony playing the long game here lol.

I just want them both to release the full specs so that we can focus on the games. I want to see God of War 2 and more of Senua's Saga as i'm a huge sucker for Norse mythology. Can't wait to play both of these games.

SgtCaffran

Nov 16, 2019
Really not worth looking at though. Id wait until some legit confirmation.
Well I'd like to disagree. He is open to vetting and is in contact with one of the mods. They're the most interesting rumors since a long time so it's worth considering.

And if he turns out to be a fake, at least it can lead to some nice speculation and discussions.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
I just want them both to release the full specs so that we can focus on the games. I just want to see God of War 2 and more of Senua's Saga as i'm a huge sucker for Norse mythology. Can't wait to play both of these games.
To be fair once both specs have been fully released and dissected by professionals this thread will still find a minor detail to argue about.

The unfortunate cycle never ends.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'd like to disagree. He is open to vetting and is in contact with one of the mods. They're the most interesting rumors since a long time so it's worth considering.

And if he turns out to be a fake, at least it can lead to some nice speculation and discussions.
It's a new account, and it looks like vetting is taking a hell of a long time. It's unlike Osirisblack which at least had some history behind the name. So I would wait.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Correct .
In fact the only thing we know about PS5 specs from insiders are 10+ TF or aiming higher than stadia .
Everything else from Sony and they not give full run down like CPU speed etc etc .
Sony is not using any ram confirmed
Right. We haven't got a peep about RAM.
8GB HBM + 8GB GDDR6 + 4GB DDR4 + 64GB reram + 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD +100GB Blu-ray drive.

Yeah I'm just surprised the type of RAM hasn't been passed on. It isn't like the type of RAM would change and I'm sure the type and speed of the RAM is shared in the dev docs. There are pretty strong hints about TF levels so why not some hints about the RAM?

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
I wish, but it really is expensive.

Here's the picture of the ram from the benchmark for reference.

tFO7ZXp.png
Isn't GDDR6 ~$10(10k units) per 1Gb chip?
HBM was always dismissed because the data we had(article by GN from 2017) showed the ram on a vega 64 costing $320.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018
I just want them both to release the full specs so that we can focus on the games. I want to see God of War 2 and more of Senua's Saga as i'm a huge sucker for Norse mythology. Can't wait to play both of these games.

Lol how would knowing the specs help you focus on the games. I mean I am hooked on this shit myself but dude perhaps take a break.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Lol how would knowing the specs help you focus on the games. I mean I am hooked on this shit myself but dude perhaps take a break.

I said we not me. The thing is that as long as the specs of these next gen consoles remains unknown there will be this endless discussion such as the one we are currently seeing. Once the specs are known and people make their peace with it the discussion will focus on the games, specifically the exclusives.

So Yeah, that's all i'm saying. Not that I don't like the speculating because otherwise i wouldn't be here.

SgtCaffran

Nov 16, 2019
It's a new account, and it looks like vetting is taking a hell of a long time. It's unlike Osirisblack which at least had some history behind the name. So I would wait.
Well I will say that another "insider" that was not being vetted was reply banned from the thread a few days ago for continued statements while unvetted. And this Tommy guy is still here so it's at least plausible that he is for real and they're vetting him as we speak.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Kleegamefan Is the 2GB SSD in Series X the target spec like 12TF is, or is that just how fast the SSD is in the dev kit right now?

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I just wish Sony could announce the date for the "PlayStation Meeting" already. January 31st was the date they posted the teaser in 2013. Shit, that's a long time ago.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I will say that another "insider" that was not being vetted was reply banned from the thread a few days ago for continued statements while unvetted. And this Tommy guy is still here so it's at least plausible that he is for real and they're vetting him as we speak.
Yeah, I follow that thread. Im just not giving it much thought for now for two reasons

a) he's a new user

b) what he talked about is what we have speculated here.

Part B is the most important, because it is also likely that it he took the most probable theories here and made it his own. So I think we should wait.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I follow that thread. Im just not giving it much thought for now for two reasons

a) he's a new user

b) what he talked about is what we have speculated here.

Part B is the most important, because it is also likely that it he took the most probable theories here and made it his own. So I think we should wait.

He also threw out Prospero as the dev kit codename for PS5 (correct) and Anaconda dev kit codename for Xbox (it is actually Dante), so there is at least one basic thing incorrect in their junk :)

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
What was the PS5 rumored TF's before the Series X reveal? I thought they were 12 as well. Yet suddenly I'm seeing randoms on twitter saying 14TF for PS5? Is this new information or are people just TF waring?

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
edit: Supposedly PS1 on some (all?) PS2 Slims was at least partially software also
I could kinda believe that was plausible. The slim PS2 model involved changing the IOP silicon, and that's the thing that was a PS1 CPU. I know Jak Racing had problems with it as well, just because they used the IOP so heavily. I'd heard that it was an IBM part, and possibly a modified power core, which fits a timeline. If that's the case I would only expect it to be emulating the PS1 CPU, with the GPU still being a hardware mode of the GS.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What was the PS5 rumored TF's before the Series X reveal? I thought they were 12 as well. Yet suddenly I'm seeing randoms on twitter saying 14TF for PS5? Is this new information or are people just TF waring?
There is a possible margin on the PCB between the size of the SoC, CU attribution, clock, voltage and cooling. We are making origami with all this for two years, and it does the 🪀 between 10.7 and 12.9TF, depending on leak's temperature, corporate infos and discussions.

Last edited:

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. This thread sure has taken a turn. We have an insider in no uncertain terms stating 'NO' but a poster choosing to carry on because of his feels.

The specs can't come soon enough, sounds like whichever console is your preference you will be well looked after.

Kleegamefan - hope you have been preparing crow. You'll have a lot to serve by the looks of things....

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
There is a possible margin on the PCB between the size of the SoC, CU attribution, clock, voltage and cooling. We are making origami with all this for two years, and it does the 🪀 between 10.7 and 12.9TF, depending on leak's temperature, corporate infos and discussions.

Awesome. That's a good thread summary if I've ever read one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.