• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
What? Why? Romo is an AMAZING announcer.
he's average. but he replaced the dumpster fire known as Phill Simms so everyone is nutting all over themselves to praise him. OMG he predicated a run play, and they ran a running play! holy shit. He only had a 50/50 shot of getting it right. Like most NFL fans who watch a lot of football can correctly predict run or pass on any given play. Also TJ Yates, Matt Schaub and Brock Osweiler have as many playoff wins as him.

Oct 25, 2017
he's average. but he replaced the dumpster fire known as Phill Simms so everyone is nutting all over themselves to praise him. OMG he predicated a run play, and they ran a running play! holy shit. He only had a 50/50 shot of getting it right. Like most NFL fans who watch a lot of football can correctly predict run or pass on any given play. Also TJ Yates, Matt Schaub and Brock Osweiler have as many playoff wins as him.
lol you're an idiot if you think he's only predicting run or pass.

Edit: Wait you were defending McNair, saying he wasn't racist....well I'm out.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
lol you're an idiot if you think he's only predicting run or pass.

Edit: Wait you were defending McNair, saying he wasn't racist....well I'm out.
yes, your right i had a differing opinion on something therefore all my opinions are wrong.

but yea, lets ignore the black guy he hired to run his team for 10 years, the same black guy who's the godfather of his grand kids. If its one thing racists are ok with is having black people possibly raise their family if they die. Oh and Tony Wylie whom he hired, then liked him so much said he should get his MBA, wrote the recommendation for him to go to Rice, then paid for the entire thing. but yea, one comment taken out of context and this dude fucking grand wizard of the kkk.

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
I am definitely too negative with the Texans at times but it is really great to watch Watson. The offense is a mess. O'Brien, pass protection, no speed. But his ability to dodge pass rushers and make things work is really fun to watch. So is Hopkins. His body control and catch radius is insane and he catches everything. The Texans have managed to get their line to at least run block but Watson is carries the passing game. Texans/Browns should have been SNF and not the Depends Bowl. Promote the new blood

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I am definitely too negative with the Texans at times but it is really great to watch Watson. The offense is a mess. O'Brien, pass protection, no speed. But his ability to dodge pass rushers and make things work is really fun to watch. So is Hopkins. His body control and catch radius is insane and he catches everything. The Texans have managed to get their line to at least run block but Watson is carries the passing game. Texans/Browns should have been SNF and not the Depends Bowl. Promote the new blood
IIRC the Texans/Browns game was protected. But yeah it should the SNF game. Baker and Watson in primetime is the future.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So back when the season started Bears/Giants tickets were fairly cheap on StubHub and I might not even get to see Trubisky on the field. I guess Mack sacking Eli 90 times will have to do.

Oct 25, 2017
BeCleveland
yes, your right i had a differing opinion on something therefore all my opinions are wrong.

but yea, lets ignore the black guy he hired to run his team for 10 years, the same black guy who's the godfather of his grand kids. If its one thing racists are ok with is having black people possibly raise their family if they die. Oh and Tony Wylie whom he hired, then liked him so much said he should get his MBA, wrote the recommendation for him to go to Rice, then paid for the entire thing. but yea, one comment taken out of context and this dude fucking grand wizard of the kkk.
Heidegger and Lovecraft were married/involved with Jewish woman.. that doesn't mean they weren't antisemites cause they were.

Jackson had adopted a Native American child who he raised as his own. That doesn't mean he wasn't racist towards Native Americans.. cause he was...

Also the locker room clearly felt differently about his statements and were understandably pissed. Not to mention his efforts with the transgender bathroom laws in Houston.

This is the logic that says "I can't be racist I have black friends, or I can't be racist and vote for Obama.."which.. you can be absolutely.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i feel like you don't even watch or pay attention to the Texans.

the oline was awful last year, they had no first or second round pick and there were no good free agents for oline. Pats let that Olineman go and from what i've heard he's sucked for the giants. Of course they were going to suck this year.

No speed? No shit, Keke Coutee can't stay healthy and neither can Fuller. The QB carries the passing game? ya don't say.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
squicken after the texans won a superbowl, yea but they only won by 3 points, and they allowed a few sacks.

Heidegger and Lovecraft were married/involved with Jewish woman.. that doesn't mean they weren't antisemites cause they were.

Jackson had adopted a Native American child who he raised as his own. That doesn't mean he wasn't racist towards Native Americans.. cause he was...

Also the locker room clearly felt differently about his statements and were understandably pissed. Not to mention his efforts with the transgender bathroom laws in Houston.

This is the logic that says "I can't be racist I have black friends, or I can't be racist and vote for Obama.."which.. you can be absolutely.
thats not the logic i'm using. I'm using the i've grown up in Texas my whole life logic. I know a racist when i see one. My problem though, specifically, is that for a lot of people on this board making a comment in poor taste (even if taken out of context as i maintain) is the same thing as the neo nazi's and KKK running around beating this shit out of black people. There's no in between for some of you. Its also a shame that people are getting defined by the one negative thing they did or said.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
It's depressing but honestly the most unlikely scenario there is the Packers winning out. If they somehow do that I don't think it'll be that crazy for the rest to happen. Biggest challenge is the Vikings losing 3

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

This actually isn't even that difficult to believe in... Green Bay running the table against 4 shitty teams and a team Rodgers has owned his whole career isn't so far fetched.

The hardest one to believe would be Minnesota losing 3 of 5, but they do get the Pats Hawks and Bears. And they don't actually need that to happen, they could get in with the other 4 teams being 3-2 each or worse lol.

I mean, I don't think they get in. But I'd say they have a better chance at the wildcard than Philly, Washington, and Carolina at this point.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
It's depressing but honestly the most unlikely scenario there is the Packers winning out. If they somehow do that I don't think it'll be that crazy for the rest to happen. Biggest challenge is the Vikings losing 3
Which given the way the Vikings have been this year that's not too out there.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more likely all 5 of those other teams hold up their end of the bargain than Green Bay winning their remaining games. They just aren't good at football.