• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Rams matched the lions offer to Malcom Brown so he's staying in LA. Good news, he's a great backup and will be needed to take some of the load off Gurley

Guess that's goodbye to CJ Anderson tho.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea where to start my tape study this year. The Steelers actually spent money this year to shore up their weakest areas, so there's not really a position of massive need. Of course, last year, I spent a bunch of time looking at inside backers and the Steelers didn't draft one.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I have no idea where to start my tape study this year. The Steelers actually spent money this year to shore up their weakest areas, so there's not really a position of massive need. Of course, last year, I spent a bunch of time looking at inside backers and the Steelers didn't draft one.

giphy.webp

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Since we know John Mara is obsessed with Eli and he's not being cut..

Eli has become the highest earning NFL player ever, his brother was number 1 with $248.7m, with the $5m roster bonus will bring his earnings to $252m, this is just from contracts no endorsement deals...

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys could change one rule what would it be?

I'd like to get rid of kicking altogether. Also let DBs be more physical with WRs.

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw a truck pass by with "WHO DAT" a Saints sticker and then Anime stickers on the back.

Who could that be I wonder?

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Kraft apology rings hollow without admission of guilt. What are you apologizing for if your innocent? Dude is just trying to play the PR game to save face, when in reality he would probably be more respected if he were to just man up and admit he got his dick sucked. I expect nothing less from someone associated with the Patriots though.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

I'm sorry but he is right.

That's the rule in the AAF right now and i think it works there because that league ultimately is about developing players for the NFL.

For the NFL i think this is crazy. Forcing a late field turnover should be really hard as it is. Converting a 4th and 15 is a gazillion times easier than an onside kick. You are just rewarding a team that got themselves in that situation to easily revert it in the end.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

I'm sorry but he is right.

That's the rule in the AAF right now and i think it works there because that league ultimately is about developing players for the NFL.

For the NFL i think this is crazy. Forcing a late field turnover should be really hard as it is. Converting a 4th and 15 is a gazillion times easier than an onside kick. You are just rewarding a team that got themselves in that situation to easily revert it in the end.

The problem is that an onside kick now is almost impossible to recover due to the kickoff rule changes. It's only an 8% success rate since the rule changes, whereas it used to be more like a 20-25% success rate. 4th and 15+ is actually even lower than that, hovering around 15ish % IIRC. 4th and 15 probably isn't "perfect", but it gives us somewhere to start at least to test and tweak with. No matter what way you slice it, the onside kick is dead now and needs some kind of replacement. We'd be missing out on some of the greatest comebacks in the history of the game without it or something similar.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That's way too gimmicky. Using an onside kick to get back in the game is a desperation move, it should be incredibly difficult.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the onside kick, you can get beat for 3 and a half quarters, but get a lucky bounce or two and you're back in it? Screw that. The team that plays the best should win, not the team with the luckiest bounce of a ball thats completely unpredictable.

jakncoke

Nov 5, 2017
Shocked Gronk was smart enough to retire early before he couldnt speak anymore from brain damage. Then again he'll probably still end up with CTE and die from a failed liver in by 40 still