• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Now that it's over. Where will *Pats fans go next?

• San Francisco

• Tennessee

• Stay Put

• Hell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol Saints got Jenkins for essentially the same money Philly was paying him

Oct 28, 2017
California
We lost Littleton and Fowler. Ok den.

giphy.gif

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Dallas should look to add another depth CB or S in free agency, and another DT, and swing T, if they get E Sanders, then they might target CB in the draft or Kinlaw if he falls, still not sure what they might be thinking at 17. Feel pretty good about the moves they made.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Truly the olds division, retirement funds in the south..that's a lot of money for an aging safety...

Its less than what the Pats are paying McCourty. And its only 1-2m more per year than what he was earning from the Eagles. According to the beat reporters, the Eagles only wanted to "tweak" and offer 1 yr.

Good for Malcolm. The Eagles are going to miss him a lot. Esp if the plan is to move Mills to S as Jenkins' replacement.

A lot of rumblings about the Raiders potentially trading for Darius Slay

Good. At this point, I don't want the Eagles to trade for him now. Passed up on younger guys who wouldn't have cost draft picks. Trading for Slay wouldn't make any sense with what they have or haven't done so far.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Its less than what the Pats are paying McCourty. And its only 1-2m more per year than what he was earning from the Eagles. According to the beat reporters, the Eagles only wanted to "tweak" and offer 1 yr.

Good for Malcolm. The Eagles are going to miss him a lot. Esp if the plan is to move Mills to S as Jenkins' replacement.

Good. At this point, I don't want the Eagles to trade for him now. Passed up on younger guys who wouldn't have cost draft picks. Trading for Slay wouldn't make any sense with what they have or haven't done so far.
Well...

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
He's very good though.

yup confirmed now:

The Eagles gave up a 3rd and a 5th and will make Slay one of the highest-paid CBs.

Could have had Jones for the same $$$ but without giving up picks.

No doubt Slay is really good but he is older and the mantra this whole offseason has been how they want to keep their picks and get young at every spot. It is why supposedly they didn't trade for Hopkins (didn't want to give up the pick(s)). The only reason this makes any sense is if Byron Jones just didn't want to come here and this turned into plan B.

For now happy we have a legit starting CB. Someone who can actually resemble a real-life NFL CB.

OH and they paid him. Paid him paid him. Highest paid CB now in the league if you look at the per year average. More than Byron Jones:

Already see many ppl on twitter saying Slay is better than Jones. Might be. I just hope we aren't getting him when he is about to fall off a cliff.

Last edited:

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with Slay. They pushed to sign Jones but if you look at the details of the Dolphins contract, there's no way they could've matched it. Jones has $40M in the first two years guaranteed and the Eagles didn't have the cap space to pull that off

Oct 27, 2017
I'm less bothered about losing Slay than I expected. I wasn't jumping for joy about his contract demands, and I guess I just can't lose any sleep about anyone from this team leaving right now (Golloday aside, and I still back Stafford). The Lions defence has been a fucking disgrace for most of the last two years and I don't think Slay has played himself above responsibility for that (in between being injured).

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Listening to the Caplan and Geoff podcast (before the Slay signing) and Caplan is saying Byron Jones got down to three teams:

Eagles, Raiders, and Dolphins. Jones apparently wanted to play in Miami, out of the NFC East and wanted a brand new fresh start/scenery. The Eagles apparently offered the same per yr $$$ but not the same bonus or length.

That makes me feel better that they still ended up with Slay and that they only lost out on Jones cause he didn't want to be here, not cause they tried to lowball him.

Slay is better, right now, but worry about his age though 29 is not old. I just hope we aren't getting a player on the downside.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Both Josina and Jason "always wrong" LaCanfora hinting at more moves. Not sure if they both are talking about the Eagles but who knows....Josina is actually reliable but her tweet is vague as hell:

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to the Caplan and Geoff podcast (before the Slay signing) and Caplan is saying Byron Jones got down to three teams:

Eagles, Raiders, and Dolphins. Jones apparently wanted to play in Miami, out of the NFC East and wanted a brand new fresh start/scenery. The Eagles apparently offered the same per yr $$$ but not the same bonus or length.

That makes me feel better that they still ended up with Slay and that they only lost out on Jones cause he didn't want to be here, not cause they tried to lowball him.

Slay is better, right now, but worry about his age though 29 is not old. I just hope we aren't getting a player on the downside.

Slay got his ass kicked by Gallup last season, this is another Byron Maxwell signing, he ain't the dude from 2017 anynore.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Mackensie Alexander going to Cinci..

So all three of our starting corners from last year are gone.. our secondary wasnt great and I expected Rhodes and Waynes to go but surprised we didnt try to bring back Mack.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Yannick keeps posing Eagles related stuff on his insta and twitter. I don't buy it....if they pull it off it better not be with the 1st round pick. We need a WR so bad.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN???!!!!???

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Bye bye Flacco. Yet another tall, white QB failure on Elway's watch. At least Drew Lock looks like he might end up being halfway decent.

Anyone want a 37 year-old QB that can't move in the pocket, has a big arm, and a busted up neck?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Bye bye Flacco. Yet another tall, white QB failure on Elway's watch. At least Drew Lock looks like he might end up being halfway decent.

Anyone want a 37 year-old QB that can't move in the pocket, has a big arm, and a busted up neck?

Before they resigned Sudfeld, I felt like Flacco fit what the Eagles would want in a back up.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Before they resigned Sudfeld, I felt like Flacco fit what the Eagles would want in a back up.

He wouldn't be a bad veteran backup at all. But not at the price his current contract was at.

Not surprising to see at all.

I think everyone called that after he came back last season. He's likely killed his long-term prospects, and Ekeler was a far more valuable RB. Gordon will get a starting gig somewhere, but he'd better get realistic about what he's worth right now.