• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
:(

In terms of the roster, what do you think is the biggest problem? Hoffbae spreading the cancer?

Hoffman's one of the few who actually seems to care every game, and is producing consistently. Probably on pace for a 40 goal season.

I think it's a combination of limp ineffective coaching, and unreliable goaltending. Boughner has completely lost this team. They don't buy into his system, and aren't playig for him anymore. Luongo is hitting the age wall hard this season, and Reimer is just fucking terrible. So many games have been lost this season giving up multiple goal leads to routine harmless shots. You can see the team deflate every single time it happens. They've got Sam Montembeault developing in Springfield, and I know they don't want to call him up before he's ready, but he needs to be called up next season. And if he's gonna be backup, they desperately need to find a new starting goaltender.

There are other problems, but I think these issues need to be addressed first and foremost.

Edit

They literally look like they're taking the Bird Box Challenge jfc

Last edited:

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Christ, Kesler has 1 point in 30 games. Ducks are going to be a basement team for a while, very soon.

Oct 26, 2017
Watching the Ducks completely fall apart like this warms my bitter heart

There are three non-playoff teams in the west that would leapfrog the Ducks if they won all of their games in hand too

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This team. This season.

63b60755-b652-440a-b19hjq3.gif

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Cooper being in the Adams convo right now is just stupid, he's icing an all star team. What Trotz has done with the Isles is much more impressive, or even Julien with how the Habs have played this season.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Why were the Vancouver fans booing the Panthers' top line? Did somebody lay a dirty hit early in the game? I tuned in near the end of the second and couldn't tell if they were booing Barkov or what.

Oct 25, 2017
Cooper being in the Adams convo right now is just stupid, he's icing an all star team. What Trotz has done with the Isles is much more impressive, or even Julien with how the Habs have played this season.
Habs may have an average roster, but in 24 hours they could be out of the playoffs again, not to mention their -1 goal differential.

- Tampa meanwhile is on pace for 128 points which would be the most in the cap era and since 1996
- Calgary.... everyone who had Calgary leading the West raise your hand
- Vegas and Gallant are somehow climbing back to where they were last year and with only a couple additions
- NYI, as mentioned
- And if Buffalo can sneak in.... they're already just 10 points away from last season's points total

Also why are we discussing the Jack Adams in January

terrordactyl

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely had Calgary leading the west 😅

Vegas got thier juice boy Schmidt back duh, they took a turn as soon as his roided out ass came back into play

Not sure why anyone counted the Islanders out, when is one player a difference maker? Tavares is good no doubt, but who was facilitating him, it's not like the team was full of schlubs. Case in point, remember when the leafs traded phaneuf ha

Tampa is sick sick sick, those guys could lose kucherov and still hit 120 points

Habs should be garbage but apparently Domi is trying now LUL

Buffalo is so far away from me distance wise I ignore everything about them, even tho they keep the NHLs ratings afloat

You forgot the Blackhawks who are six points out, Johnny t might grow his mutton chops yet...

Especially when the absolute joke of a team, the Anaheim ducks, are still in the picture after dropping TEN. LOL WHAT

AND A SIDE NOTE:

How fucking gross would a Calgary Tampa matchup be WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY??(it was in)

Last edited:

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Going to Newark for the Blackhawks game tonight. They always lose when I see them in person, which means now that I want them to lose, they're going to blow the Devils out 9-1. The Devils only goal will be an own goal from Seabrook with less than 10 seconds to go that ruins the shutout.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
THEY FIXED THE INBOX GUYS, TOP PRIORITY STUFF.

DONT WORRY ABOUT THE NAVIGATION ABOUT THE SITE WHEN YOU CAN SEND EACH OTHER DMS!!!

top men are on this.

fb66Boi.png

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why anyone counted the Islanders out, when is one player a difference maker? Tavares is good no doubt, but who was facilitating him, it's not like the team was full of schlubs. Case in point, remember when the leafs traded phaneuf ha
... what? Isles were below 500 last season. They're on pace for at least a +20 improvement.

You forgot the Blackhawks who are six points out, Johnny t might grow his mutton chops yet...
I didn't forget the Blackhawks. Why would I include the Blackhawks?

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At the risk of piling on, please enjoy this lovely thread about how trading Gudbranson and having an analytics department are the causes of the Panthers' woes

I mean he's not wrong. It still burns me how they fired Gallant without cause, and then Gallant went to Vegas, took some of our best talent and went to the finals in his first year. The Cats were on the brink of being a major contender two years ago, and management pissed it all away at the altar of analytics.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Why were the Vancouver fans booing the Panthers' top line? Did somebody lay a dirty hit early in the game? I tuned in near the end of the second and couldn't tell if they were booing Barkov or what.

We were either booing Matheson every time he touched the puck, or Luuu-ing whenever Luongo (most of us still love him here) made a decent save. Matheson probably got booed more than any other player in recent memory (maybe aside from Marchand?) for his can-opener/choke slam on Petterson back in October. It also didn't help he ducked like 4-5 Canucks who challenged him to a fight last night.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
My god are the Panthers front office dudes STILL blaming "using analytics" for like an hour for all their problems yeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrssss later?

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
I mean he's not wrong. It still burns me how they fired Gallant without cause, and then Gallant went to Vegas, took some of our best talent and went to the finals in his first year. The Cats were on the brink of being a major contender two years ago, and management pissed it all away at the altar of analytics.
What. The Panthers and by extension, Dale Tallon, being shit is not the fault of analyitcs.

And all this over Erik fucking Gudbranson. That right there tells you exactly how well Florida would fare without their computer boys. In the exact same place they are now but without a scapegoat for being one of the worst run teams in hockey.

Oct 25, 2017
At the risk of piling on, please enjoy this lovely thread about how trading Gudbranson and having an analytics department are the causes of the Panthers' woes

It's either a willfully ignorant take of his thread or an ignorant one. The point of his thread was that was the moment the team went sideways. When ownership kicked Tallon upstairs, started to fire the ancillary staff (trainers, managers etc) and installed their own guys in. Team was handed over to incompetent people who used their poor interpretation of analytics to undermine and disrupt the team that had the best regular season in team history. They set out to fire Gallant, install Rowe , overinvest on players,and even ruined Luongo's hip by a poor rehab done by one of the owner's brother. Hell that gang of three is still with the team because they are ownership's buddies and bootlickers.

The dude's thread is right, though in hindsight Tallon shouldn't have been brought back, but I don't trust ownership to actually put decent people in power and let them do their job. By all means bash the team, they deserve it but at least do so honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.