• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has Creeper gone too far?

• Yes

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Definitely

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • No...lol jk, yeah

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Come on someone buy Laine a PPG already.

My god I'm not ready for Lemieux to be good. Such a weird feeling.

Really good road game so far, one of their best efforts this year I think

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Well, that was worth getting up to watch. Sparks tomorrow though, which might mean a loss. I miss Hutch.

Ah well. Back to hiding under a blanket while waiting for this fucking cold to piss off.

Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Ducks win!
200w.gif

2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Jets win! Jets... actually play a pretty good game!?

Helle plays a great game after Brossoit's heroics against the Knights!
helle-lookqiode.gif

Sami "Seventh Round" Niku was really good all night, two assists and finally looks like he may be sticking with the big club

tumblr_p6n3xcEi1a1w30imgo3_500.gif

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I find it interesting that the media continually criticizes players like Kadri and Nylander when they aren't scoring, but a guy like Marleau who's done virtually nothing this season and makes almost as much money as Nylander pretty much flies completely under the radar

I get that expectations aren't high for a 39 year old, but the double standard which protects veterans hasn't gone anywhere despite the league getting younger and younger

Like you'll constantly see media people say in response to Kadri / Nylander getting chances but failing to convert "they aren't paid to get chances" or "they aren't pair for underlying numbers", yet what exactly is Marleau paid for when he gets neither goals nor chances. That's a lot of money to be team dad.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I find it interesting that the media continually criticizes players like Kadri and Nylander when they aren't scoring, but a guy like Marleau who's done virtually nothing this season and makes almost as much money as Nylander pretty much flies completely under the radar

I get that expectations aren't high for a 39 year old, but the double standard which protects veterans hasn't gone anywhere despite the league getting younger and younger

Like you'll constantly see media people say in response to Kadri / Nylander getting chances but failing to convert "they aren't paid to get chances" or "they aren't pair for underlying numbers", yet what exactly is Marleau paid for when he gets neither goals nor chances. That's a lot of money to be team dad.

You and me both

Oct 25, 2017
Socreges IMac seems to believe Demko starts tomorrow.
I did wonder about this. Would be a nice consolation but.... now I have one more thing to be disappointed about. Markstrom starting until I hear otherwise.

Edit--just read the article and there's not much to suggest IMac knows anything, not to mention that if his intuition is correct it could easily wait until Sunday

calder

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even just the west, it's the Central that sucks especially hard this year.

I hate to admit it, but it's pretty clear the 3 best teams in the west are all in the Pacific too.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
I did wonder about this. Would be a nice consolation but.... now I have one more thing to be disappointed about. Markstrom starting until I hear otherwise.

Edit--just read the article and there's not much to suggest IMac knows anything, not to mention that if his intuition is correct it could easily wait until Sunday
Obviously Green is going to Green so assuming Markstrom starts is a good plan. I just think the timing is funny.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Ehh, Marleau's contract is done next year.

I feel like Kadri complaints are unwarranted, he's just having a bad season and besides the point production he is still a decent 3rd line center.

as for Nylander, he is producing like a 4th line winger and we are paying him 6.9 mill for another 6 years; its been 17 games now; the guy has to wake up. He's also basically un-tradable now.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bill Nye the no goal guy is on a 5 goal pace......over an 82 game schedule. 3 goal pace for this season.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dont get me wrong, I'm sure hes going to pull it together, certainly next season if not at some point this one, but until such time I'm having a great laugh over it, especially when you recall all the drama over him holding out.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ehh, Marleau's contract is done next year.

I feel like Kadri complaints are unwarranted, he's just having a bad season and besides the point production he is still a decent 3rd line center.

as for Nylander, he is producing like a 4th line winger and we are paying him 6.9 mill for another 6 years; its been 17 games now; the guy has to wake up. He's also basically un-tradable now.
what about kadri's game is better than nylander's right now? statistically they are both doing similar things at 5v5. make a ton of great transition plays, take shots, etc.

pretty much everything you could want except for the scoring

if anything matthews is the guy people should be looking at right now with a raised eyebrow. he hasn't been scoring and his 5v5 play has been seriously mediocre.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
also you have to be joking about the Nylander is untradeable thing? This is one of the reasons why people hate leafs fans, because they react to single games and short stretches as if they are the most fucking meaningful things ever

a player scores a bunch of points in a game and he's going to win the Art Ross

a player goes on a slump and he's an untradeable 4th liner

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
also you have to be joking about the Nylander is untradeable thing? This is one of the reasons why people hate leafs fans, because they react to single games and short stretches as if they are the most fucking meaningful things ever

a player scores a bunch of points in a game and he's going to win the Art Ross

a player goes on a slump and he's an untradeable 4th liner
I wouldn't call 18 games a short stretch. He has 3 points in 18 games; look at the players he is surrounded with also.

I was just trying to point out why Marleau is not getting called out and Nylander is. There is a lot more riding on Nylander producing then with someone that will be gone in the next year or so. Nylander is much more valuable asset based on his age and contract length. It would make sense that he would be the one talked about more.

Edit: and yes, he is basically un-tradable right now (at least for his theoretical value).

Last edited:

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wouldn't call 18 games a short stretch. He has 3 points in 18 games; look at the players he is surrounded with also.

I was just trying to point out why Marleau is not getting called out and Nylander is. There is a lot more riding on Nylander producing then with someone that will be gone in the next year or so. Nylander is much more valuable asset based on his age and contract length. It would make sense that he would be the one talked about more.

Edit: and yes, he is basically un-tradable right now (at least for his theoretical value).
Nylander played badly for like 5-6 games when he was getting back into it from his time off, and since then he's been doing everything the same as usual except the puck hasn't been going in. That was why I was comparing him to Marleau who hasn't been scoring and hasn't been doing anything else of value. Your argument about Marleau's contract ending after next season is ridiculous, because by raising that point you're basically claiming Nylander is going to continue not scoring for the next two years. Even if Willy's "value" is depressed right now, there isn't a GM in the league dumb enough (and there are a lot of dumb GMs) who would say "this player was a valuable first liner for his first two full seasons, but in his 3rd full season he's proven to be a bust."

that's definitely something fans love to do though

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nylander played badly for like 5-6 games when he was getting back into it from his time off, and since then he's been doing everything the same as usual except the puck hasn't been going in. That was why I was comparing him to Marleau who hasn't been scoring and hasn't been doing anything else of value. Your argument about Marleau's contract ending after next season is ridiculous, because by raising that point you're basically claiming Nylander is going to continue not scoring for the next two years. Even if Willy's "value" is depressed right now, there isn't a GM in the league dumb enough (and there are a lot of dumb GMs) who would say "this player was a valuable first liner for his first two full seasons, but in his 3rd full season he's proven to be a bust."

that's definitely something fans love to do though
I wouldn't say he has looked anywhere as good as last year. but that's all subjective.

Stats are stats.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
Nylander to score 1 goal tonight. Place your bets!.. lol.

I think this is the game that Matthews and Nylander get out of their funk

Status
Not open for further replies.