• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has Creeper gone too far?

• Yes

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Definitely

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • No...lol jk, yeah

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Devils signed John Hynes to an extension. Makes sense as this upcoming offseason is going to be a rough one with several player contracts coming up as well as Hynes needing a new deal in the offseason for himself. Helps continue stability with head coach and I think reaffirms here that management, specifically Shero should understand that this year isn't all on him.

Hynes can only play the players he's given, and after virtually doing nothing in the offseason to acquire new talent it felt like everyone in the NHL got better while the Devils hovered in idle. It was a serious mistake going into this year thinking Cory would come back and play like he did three-four years ago. Even more by letting guys like Patrick Maroon walk and not addressing serious issues with the defense. Hall seemingly dealing with a nagging injury problem this year also doesn't help. As much as I love Palms, he can't be your main offensive threat.

Just a real shame after making the playoffs last year the team is struggling this hard.

Packeryami scissors EP40

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Pettersson injured on a stupidly unnecessary interference move by Kotkaniemi

cancel the Canucks

find Kotakaniemi

build the Trump-Wall with his dead bones

7rov5tk.png

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Kotkaniemi for being a prick.

Also Canucks think he'll be okay and is still travelling with them. RIP season.

Beatofficer

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a Lightning fan since 2001 thanks to Vinny Lecavaliar being fun to watch and basically getting me into hockey.

I live in Northern Cali and I'm finally getting to goto my first NHL game at the Shark Tank this Saturday (Sharks vs Lightning). Any tips as a first timer or must see things at the Shark Tank? Is it safe to assume my family and I will be the only Lightning fans there?

Thanks!

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The Bolts right now look analogous to a fully loaded Team Canada at the Olympics

like... they might lose a game, now and then, but they almost never do, and by all accounts they really shouldn't

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a Lightning fan since 2001 thanks to Vinny Lecavaliar being fun to watch and basically getting me into hockey.

I live in Northern Cali and I'm finally getting to goto my first NHL game at the Shark Tank this Saturday (Sharks vs Lightning). Any tips as a first timer or must see things at the Shark Tank? Is it safe to assume my family and I will be the only Lightning fans there?

Thanks!
You won't be the only Lightning fans there. I've never been to an NHL game where there hasn't been at least a handful of opposing fans.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks!

Fight everyone.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks!

Hopefully the Lightning won't get any penalties, or you'll see a lot of dorks make chomping motions with their arms.

Oct 25, 2017
The game plan on the Canucks has been to just make life miserable for Pettersson. He's drawn a ton of penalties for that reason. But I feel like teams are getting more brazen (Ottawa game was a good example) and refs feel they "can't call everything" so half of the infractions go uncalled. We suffer it, though, because he still produces and usually! goes uninjured. So it's super fucking frustrating when an idiot like Kotkaniemi has zero subtlety to his execution and ends up hurting EP....and still remarkably no call.

Apparently they don't think it's long-term. He won't play Saturday and there's not much word beyond that. I'm going to Vancouver in exactly two weeks to watch the Canucks and Pettersson - confident right now he'll be back in time but man...

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that hot minute when Kucherov gave the Avs a chance? I guess he finally said head start is over and decided to open up almost a 10 point lead.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just read that Ovi has become the 2nd player in NHL history behind Mike Gartner to have 14 consecutive 30 goal seasons to start his career (Gartner had 15). Insane.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They defined it that way I guess because Jagr had a run of 15 too, but not to start his career. I dunno. Stats are stats.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Pens get their first real test in 8 games tonight. Jets are damn good.

Also, WTF at how good the Lightning are this season. Scary good. Kucherov gonna lift that Cup?

And Ovechkin with 14 straight 30-goal seasons. Legendary.

Hockey's really interesting this season. Really enjoying following it.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Missed the game last night, but the videos make it look like an accident, Green even said so. Obviously should have been a penalty on the play, but it didn't look malicious at all. I understand the frustration regardless.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Kotkaniemi for being a prick.

Also Canucks think he'll be okay and is still travelling with them. RIP season.

He may just be going to Toronto for an MRI. Their road trip ends tomorrow as well so why not just pull a Melnyk and have him fly back with the team?

The game plan on the Canucks has been to just make life miserable for Pettersson. He's drawn a ton of penalties for that reason. But I feel like teams are getting more brazen (Ottawa game was a good example) and refs feel they "can't call everything" so half of the infractions go uncalled. We suffer it, though, because he still produces and usually! goes uninjured. So it's super fucking frustrating when an idiot like Kotkaniemi has zero subtlety to his execution and ends up hurting EP....and still remarkably no call.

Apparently they don't think it's long-term. He won't play Saturday and there's not much word beyond that. I'm going to Vancouver in exactly two weeks to watch the Canucks and Pettersson - confident right now he'll be back in time but man...

It's the same treatment that all star players get and it's an unfortunate part of the game. It makes durable players like Ovechkin and the Sedins look more impressive in that they have/had productive, long careers despite having opposing defenders hanging off them at every opportunity. Unfortunately with Pettersson his size and lack of experience (he is still only a rookie) make him a more vulnerable target, even if he is aware and making an effort to dodge hits (and brace himself if he can't).

EDIT: the effort last night after Pettersson went down should tell us everything we need to know about this team. Yes, Price played very well, but there just wasn't enough finish. Little net presence or high-quality chances, even with all the late power plays. If you count the New Jersey game, that's 4 goals scored in their last 3 games, and 3 of them were by EP. With EP they're a bubble team; without they're a lottery team.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Finally my backordered shipment of 300 blue LEDs came in and I was able to finish my custom PC rig. Can't wait to fire up some Parkitect and put this bad boy through it's paces!

49804318_10156943826757838_6059329317052088320_n.jpg

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Pens get their first real test in 8 games tonight. Jets are damn good.

Also, WTF at how good the Lightning are this season. Scary good. Kucherov gonna lift that Cup?

And Ovechkin with 14 straight 30-goal seasons. Legendary.

Hockey's really interesting this season. Really enjoying following it.
We all know the Cooper coached Blots are gonna choke at some point in the playoffs.

Oct 25, 2017
Missed the game last night, but the videos make it look like an accident, Green even said so. Obviously should have been a penalty on the play, but it didn't look malicious at all. I understand the frustration regardless.
Green was wrong; he actually said it wasn't a penalty. It was deliberate and reckless interference, watching the puck at the same moment. The consequence was an accident.

Absolutely no malice, though. Just as you said...fucking frustrating.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks!
The Shark Tank is not exactly an exciting venue, but the arena experience is still pretty fun. Just go and enjoy the game. Based on the Sharks' recent adventures, you will probably get to cheer a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.