• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Well after 2 weeks of feeling really bad and now a week of being unable to sleep I was prescribed some antidepressants. I just thought being 46 years old and never having any sort of depression event that I know of it wouldn't be that but nothing else makes sense.

weeks of nothing being fun, terrible sleep, no energy, missing work and zero appetite. Man I hope these meds wok, or this sleep study finds something.
Sorry to hear that, man, but it's a positive step if you're acknowledging it and actively looking for improvement. If you're not seeing anyone yet, I really recommend it.

I was gonna invite you to a game, but that might actually make it worse. >_>

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Well after 2 weeks of feeling really bad and now a week of being unable to sleep I was prescribed some antidepressants. I just thought being 46 years old and never having any sort of depression event that I know of it wouldn't be that but nothing else makes sense.

weeks of nothing being fun, terrible sleep, no energy, missing work and zero appetite. Man I hope these meds wok, or this sleep study finds something.

I hope they help. Sometimes it can just come down to our bodies having some odd imbalances that affect us. Don't be discouraged if your prescription doesn't suit you, since different kinds have different effects and sometimes it can just take a bit to find the right kind for you.

Oct 25, 2017

solidarity brother

Oct 25, 2017
Heretic SmackCracklenpop Calamari41

I wish you and your hockey team nothing but good fortune tonight

Glad you're on top of it, man

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can have Seabrook for free

Ehh... Wait another month to see who else is broken.

What D is injured besides Beaulieu?

Sami Niku who was expected to take a role with the Jets this season has been injured thus far for most of this season. He was just cleared to play for our AHL team so I expect him to come up soon.

Logan Stanley, even though I loathe him, should be getting close to more time on the Jets, but he's injured for a while too.

Beaulieu just got out of a non contact jersey.

Byfuglien needs no further elaboration.

And the rest, I'm still feeling the gaping hole that Trouba, Myers and Chiarot left so our D corps feels worse of than it may actually be to me. Pionk has been better than I expected, Heinola was sent down to the AHL but was good for a young kid just drafted, Bitetto has been... just... There. Sbisa has shown that he knows how to hit (and injure our own players in practice) but I haven't seen enough to make any assessment. Given that he was on waivers though... And Dahlstrom has been like a younger worse Myers. He's just some tall guy who's been simply there because we have no one else. Morrissey has been good but he can't do everything. Poolman has kind of picked up Chiarot's place but that's really not saying much. He's alright and at least has a little more experience with the team. And Kulikov, candidate for the "most likely to be bought out" has been playing too many minutes for his level of play. ie. not that great.

But that's basically what we have to work with so we just blender it all in and play with results each night.

Add the potential missing of Little tonight with Laine out and Lowry Suspended... I just feel this team is missing tons of pieces on the ice right now. Mostly on Defence as I feel our current lineup is a patchwork of players who have been put together out of panic rather than planning.

But tonight is another game, so who knows what will happen?

EDIT: I forgot about Poolman and Kulikov.

Last edited:

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Avs have bursts of good play but then they have minutes where they look awful.

Thank goodness for the hot start

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Stars win!
tenor.gif

Bring on Les Habs tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Ducks your ice is absolute garbage

Also hope Qughes is ok. Holy shit did that game ever demonstrate how important he is to this team

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Canucks riddled with injuries again, unsurprising. Motte, Ferland, Hughes, Roussel all out. The run was cool while it lasted bois, pack it up and get a top 5 draft pick.

Dunno what the heck Markstrom was doing in overtime. He was good for us for most of the game, and then he does that.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canucks riddled with injuries again, unsurprising. Motte, Ferland, Hughes, Roussel all out. The run was cool while it lasted bois, pack it up and get a top 5 draft pick.

Dunno what the heck Markstrom was doing in overtime. He was good for us for most of the game, and then he does that.
GG, my friend <3

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dude, I've been there. Good that you're actively seeking answers and help. Don't be afraid to talk to any of us here, Discord or hell, maybe Fallout, yourself and I could meet up somewhere downtown and lament the Jets current season somewhere over food/drink. Just don't give up. We're all here if you need anything (Venting or otherwise.)

Hey, not that I watched, but the Jets won last night! (Despite Hellebuyck probably having PTSD now from the shelling he took.)

Oct 25, 2017

Riddled is an exaggeration...

Motte won't be out for long and he's a replacement level player anyway
Ferland had been struggling a bit but sure... a minor loss
Roussel would help but with the amount of middle 6 forwards this time has I can't bring myself to worry

Hughes is critical, but apparently he could be back as soon as tonight (likely the game after). With the other guys the Canucks have an excess of those types of players anyway with the overflow playing in Utica.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

I feel you on the bad sleep I probably average around 4 a night

I hope the sleep study helps you

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Panarin-Strome-Fast
Kreider-Chytil-Buchnevich
Lemieux-Howden-Kakko
Haley-Andersson-Smith

Hajek-Trouba
Skjei-DeAngelo
Lindgren-Fox

Georgiev

Oct 26, 2017
This afternoon, in Preds hockey: we are two days removed from Halloween. and yet the Preds' top six are still ghosts.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was a dubious penalty live, but he did hit the glove. Even still, though, that's way too nit picky.

Oct 26, 2017
Preds look poised to continue their sparkling Saturday home record

And by sparkling, I mean horrendous and embarassing