• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
What did dhiren"s original tweet say? He deleted it
That he had confirmed with 3 sources that it was Juolevi, but of course getting legit sources to "confirm" a guess/theory about another person's report is a risky thing to do as evidenced by Marek simply saying it was wrong.

In hindsight, Marek should have just been a bit more vague in his claims which would have reduced the idle guessing from other media types. If he had just left it as "first round pick" from a recent draft would have left dozens of potential subjects and may have prevented some armchair sleuthing from twitter. The "from a prominent team" thing made a bunch of people think they could puzzle the identity out like it matters.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Marek definitely should have just kept this thing to himself or not been so specific if he didn't want junior detectives all over the case.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Marek definitely should have just kept this thing to himself or not been so specific if he didn't want junior detectives all over the case.
Exactly. It was an interesting thing to talk about and certainly news-worthy in a way (although I'd argue that if you treat "gaming addiction" like any other addiction it's not so newsworthy, it's simply sounds more novel to old people) but the way he brought it up made it inevitable that peeps would get all "Serial" on it.

Yawnier

Oct 25, 2017
He should have at least omitted the "1st rounder" part of what he said, at least that wouldn't have narrowed down things so much for the twitter and reddit detectives to look into. However hindsight is 20/20.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Laurence Gilman, eh.

Canucks-ERA, who is this guy?!?

Gillis' cap guy. Contributed to a few good deals that let the team stay competitive during their peak years, but was also criticised for handing out NTCs like candy. But you can't have one without the other, and you don't know how much of it was on Gillis.

I think he'll be good for signing the young Leafs stars.

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gillis' cap guy. Contributed to a few good deals that let the team stay competitive during their peak years, but was also criticised for handing out NTCs like candy. But you can't have one without the other, and you don't know how much of it was on Gillis.

I think he'll be good for signing the young Leafs stars.
Thanks. Hmm, so both AGMs are cap guys...

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should have at least omitted the "1st rounder" part of what he said, at least that wouldn't have narrowed down things so much for the twitter and reddit detectives to look into. However hindsight is 20/20.
In a way, I agree, but I also think that it wouldn't be as juicy a story if it was just any ol' prospect. '1st rounder' is the hook.

Also, I can't help but start to think that the prospect in question is one of the 3 Bruins picks in 2015 and Jakub Zboril is would the likely suspect.

Oct 25, 2017
In a way, I agree, but I also think that it wouldn't be as juicy a story if it was just any ol' prospect. '1st rounder' is the hook.

Also, I can't help but start to think that the prospect in question is one of the 3 Bruins picks in 2015 and Jakub Zboril is would the likely suspect.
He played last season in the AHL.

Come on, guys. If you're gonna cast aspersions, at least get the prerequisites right!

calder

Oct 25, 2017
SportsCentre top 10 just started, and it's VGK's best playoff moments. Damn did I change the channel fast. Don't do that TSN come on.

Deleted member 643

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Marek was saying on 31 Thoughts that other GMs were calling him saying they've had similar concerns about their prospects gaming

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
It was frustrating watching Kane in Winnipeg. He's got a ton of talent and is capable of a lot. I think the Sharks overpaid, but I hope it works out for him.

SportsCentre top 10 just started, and it's VGK's best playoff moments. Damn did I change the channel fast. Don't do that TSN come on.
That's just wrong.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I don't know how I feel about our organization taking in a Canucks castoff in Gilman. If he wasn't good enough for them, then what is that saying to our fanbase?

Oct 26, 2017
Zadina, anyone else is just medias trying to spice it up as they do every year... even the McDavid year we had some article pretending that MAYBE oilers would pick a dman!

there's nothing going on here

and Tavares will re-sign in NY

Last edited:
OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just read that Stamkos has played 10 elimination games in his career. He has 0 points in the last 9. Wow.

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also bask, I dont think Zadina is necessarily slam dunk done. Tkachuk is a BargainBin special, AND I feel like Kotkaniemi is the kind of off board move Timmins would make.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't know how I feel about our organization taking in a Canucks castoff in Gilman. If he wasn't good enough for them, then what is that saying to our fanbase?
To be fair, he was part of the Gillis era. He was let go when Benning came in.

So he was with the Canucks when they were winning president's trophies, and when they were basement dwellers, he wasn't

Deleted member 563

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was a bit skeptical of Gilman at first, but I'm definitely on board after listening to a couple of his interviews. He seems really intelligent

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keep telling yourself that! Until we see FZ slip on the CH in 28 days, all bets are off with this braintrust.

Oct 26, 2017
Keep telling yourself that! Until we see FZ slip on the CH in 28 days, all bets are off with this braintrust.

I mean if that's what it takes for you to give you some sort of hope or interest in this team, I guess it's better than my attitude that's pretty much leading me to just giving up on hockey entirely until they're gone

unless we sign JT da god

calder

Oct 25, 2017
"Trump says crazy thing" is played out I know, but still just the fact that he casually says something this nuts like 10 times a day is something else. I can't get over the way he's changing society and the world simply by proving that you really can just lie constantly and it won't matter if you don't feel shame.

1347.gif

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't been keeping up on Pettersson but I assume the bandage on his wrist is from Fortnite-addiction caused carpal tunnel?

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
speaking of trump, i've been so busy with moving the last few days i haven't even had time to reflect on the NFL's protest ban

LOOOOOOOOOOOL the NFL is truly appalling

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think Zadina will be a great pick. Drouin and him are gonna be Money. I feel like the Halifax mooseheads are like the London Knights East. A lot of great talent comes from that club

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
The Toronto Marlies visit the Lehigh Valley Phantoms in Game 4 of the AHL's Eastern Conference Finals tonight, and the action can be seen live across Canada on TSN2 and in the United States on NHL Network.

Live coverage from PPL Center in Allentown, Pa., begins at 7 p.m. ET.

With a berth in the 2018 Calder Cup Finals on the line, the Marlies, top development team for the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs, hold a 3-0 series lead over the Phantoms, AHL affiliate for the Philadelphia Flyers.

W00t!... not on LeafsTV.. good shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.