~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like everythink about this game except the Chibi world.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
That all sounds very promising. Can`t wait for it to release.

Foxdeimos

Jan 25, 2018
The battle system improvements might just be the most relieving piece of news regarding this game thus far. As much as I somehow managed to have a good time with the first game and play it to completion, I have to admit the combat was... Less than ideal, to say the very least. I'm happy to see more details and really excited for the release, hoping the PC port will be good!

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
The combat system in the first just seemed convoluted and failed to be enjoyable. Hope these changes will make the combat fun as everything else about this series is awesome.
Absolutely loved the combat from the first. I have faith the new combat system will be fun and strategic too. I hope summoning is back.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Love everything I see and hear apart from that awful chibi overworld artstyle. The first game's style was better there.

Kind of wish there was a Ninokuni 1 remaster included in this package as a premium.

Barm

Jan 23, 2018
Absolutely loved the combat from the first. I have faith the new combat system will be fun and strategic too. I hope summoning is back.
I wanted to like it, but it just never clicked. It's possible that I just failed to grasp it however. I guess, I'm also not crazy about switching between characters during combat, and the first game pretty much required it. Hopefully the improved AI will make it so I don't have to as much.

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to like it, but it just never clicked. It's possible that I just failed to grasp it however. I guess, I'm also not crazy about switching between characters during combat, and the first game pretty much required it. Hopefully the improved AI will make it so I don't have to as much.

What I hated most was my teammates blowing through their MP when it wasn't necessary and then having none when it was needed. It looks like the current system will be much better for this as it regenerates with melee attacks if I'm reading correctly.

Renmyra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good impressions? I've seen enough of this to know that I will probably buy it unless it gets shitty reviews.

Wizzly

Jan 10, 2018
There is so few big anime games with such content, and combat is so much better it's an instant buy for me.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I hope they are lighter on the tutorials. That was a major issue with the first game. They just never stopped.

Despite my enjoyment for Ni no Kuni the overabundance of tutorials and Drippy giving you tips in combat that you already know by now. There should be a point when the tutorials need to stop and the player should allowed to play unhindered or be allowed to make mistakes to learn by trial and error.

I don't know what's worse having gameplay features being gated and slowly given you like an intravenous (FFXIII being example of this) or a constant nag companion that is constantly giving you tutorials, even inside of combat and worst of all even during the final boss battle. Tutorials should never exist at that point in the game.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a big Ghibli fan and have not played the first one, nor have I ever really enjoyed JRPG.

That being said, I wanted to play NNK2 because I thought Ghibli was still involved. Does it seem like a bit of the magic might be missing or should I still give the game a shot?

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a big Ghibli fan and have not played the first one, nor have I ever really enjoyed JRPG.

That being said, I wanted to play NNK2 because I thought Ghibli was still involved. Does it seem like a bit of the magic might be missing or should I still give the game a shot?

There's no 2D cutscenes this time, but Yoshiyuki Momose is still doing the character designs and art direction and Hisaishi is still on OST duty, so the Ghibli influence is plenty in full effect. Honestly the game looks so damn good in motion I almost say it more than makes up for the cutscenes.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
After watching some of the new vids, I'm super hyped for the game. Pre-ordered the premium edition.

OP
OP
VlaudTheImpaler
Oct 27, 2017
I added some more to the OP but I have a family thing to go to so if a mod wants to abuse and add more please go ahead.

Bandate

Nov 6, 2017
At a dilemma between picking this and FFXV. I tend to only have one big game on the go..

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow! So much new stuff! Not gonna watch all of it since I'm already sold.

This is currently my most anticipated game of 2018.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Won't read as I'm trying to go in as blind as possible. Just stopping in to mention that this is one of my most anticipated games of the year. Loved the first one

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
L090lvT.gif

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Nice to know there is some actual depth in the full game, the demo i tried was very barebones.

Is Tactics Tweaker for Party AI too or just those options listed in OP?
Which article covers them best?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm liking what I read, especially on combat. I had the impression that combat will be somewhat shallow which isn't the case according to these previews. Good, good.

Though I don't get the complaints on chibi world. If you're into Ni No Kuni, I take it that you're JRPG fans as well, which means that you should've used to JRPGs with chibi world since the PS1 era.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Lifestyle vid is great! The tactics tweaked looks fantastic. That trade off between elemental resistance and debuff resistance will be interesting.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I pre-ordered the Prince Edition off Humble back in like early October. O_O Can't believe it's been four months... And geez, the PC version of FFXV is actually beating it out.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
There's such warmth to the art style (especially the vivid usage of colours). It falls in line with Studio Ghibli aesthetic and somewhat reminded me of Zelda BotW. I've always wanted the Tales games to exude the same warmth (Tales of Vesperia came the closest).

Will definitely buy it in the next few years (still have to play the first one as part of backlog).

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
60fps and HDR?? Neato
That art style deserves HDR, level 5 came in clutch!

I'm hyped for kingdom building. Getting a Suikoden II vibe from it.

Oct 25, 2017
its outdated today, but the combat was great in dark cloud 2 and the boss fights were fun

I hope the combat is good here. its really the deciding factor as I never finished nnk1 in part due to the combat
I still have Dark Cloud 2 in my backlog. I need to get to that.

Mhm, the combat of the first seems rather divisive. Hopefully this will align better with folk.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
I had never been able to play any JRPG for more than a few hours. NNK was the first and only JRPG I've ever completed. Studio Ghibli's involvement was the main reason as I'm a huge fan of the studio. Looking forward to this but not that hyped as Ghibli is not involved. Hopefully the story will be as good as the first one.
Just out of curiosity, what made you stick with Ni no Kuni over other JRPGs?

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Here is a gameplay footage from Game Informer
So, what I don't like:
- Chibi overworld
Like everythink about this game except the Chibi world.
Cannot wait. Chibi in map is a little bit of a let down.

Screenshot from the first game:

Ni_no_Kuni_Overworld.png

The character models look so out of place in the first game especially when contrasted against the locales. The overworld versions of the locales are essentially "Chibi" versions while the characters are "normal" size.

The Chibi-ness actually adds to this existing aesthetic and fits right in.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Just out of curiosity, what made you stick with Ni no Kuni over other JRPGs?
Studio Ghibli!! Would not have even bothered at all about the game. The curiosity to see how the next city/location is going to look like was motivation enough to continue. Came for Studio Ghibli, stayed for story and characters. Basically a TPS/FPS story based game player, so wasnt bothered about gameplay at all, as it was quite unique anyways from the usual games I play.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Screenshot from the first game:

Ni_no_Kuni_Overworld.png

The character models look so out of place in the first game especially when contrasted against the locales. The overworld versions of the locales are essentially "Chibi" versions while the characters are "normal" size.

The Chibi-ness actually adds to this existing aesthetic and fits right in.

Ok, good point. My memory completly blocked out the fact they looked this way.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is so far the most surprising 60fps on a console game this gen. And hdr is always nice. Those magic spells are gonna look incredible.