• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
original.gif

giphy.gif

These are my contributions.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This will go on as one of my top games of the current generation. Well deserved and pretty amazing it reached so many considering its rather niche material. I'm willing to bet a lot of people had their minds blown with this one. Imagine never playing something like this before and getting it recommended through word of mouth and high review scores.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
This just makes me sad 2B isn't in Soul Calibur yet.

Well deserved, hopefully it continues to grow.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Here is my one handed clap for their crappy PC port that requires a mod to run at an ok level. Apparently 3.5 million copies wasn't enough to pay Platinum to patch the game.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved!

One of the best action games this generation.

Platinum and Yoko Taro really outdid themselves.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to buying it this past BF. Looking forward to playing it in a year or two.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish it had a disc release for Xbox, I'll grab it digitally when it's on sale again but I would've really appreciated a physical copy.

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely one of my favorite games of the generation, and I couldn't be happier for its commercial and critical success.

Only regret is that we didn't get any substantial story-based DLC for this game in the same vein as Drakengard 3.

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first game from Platinum Games that legit sold well? IIRC all of their previous games (Bayonetta 1 &2, Wonderful 101, Madworld, Transformers, Infinite Space, Vanquish) sold crap to mediocre.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna go back in time to tell people that not only is Nier of all things getting a sequel but that sequel is gonna sell over 3.5 million copies. This timeline ain't all bad.
What an amazing (and absolutely deserved) success story.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Deserved.

Just hope the next one has weightier, more challenging combat and a smaller amount of meaningful combat add-ons and sub systems. My main gripe with Automata.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Is this the first game from Platinum Games that legit sold well? IIRC all of their previous games (Bayonetta 1 &2, Wonderful 101, Madworld, Transformers, Infinite Space, Vanquish) sold crap to mediocre.
Metal Gear Rising did pretty well I believe, though not this well.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
Absolutely deserved!
My #2 game of the generation. Will double dip once the game of the yorha edition is out!
hope more people pick this up.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, it just goes to show what having an iconic character can do to a game. I don't think it'd have been nearly as successful if 2B hadn't taken off in her own right.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for whatever bullshit he has cooked up. A remake of the first Nier would come before a new game i'd imagine, but he'll make some plot fuckery out of that game too i'd imagine. Platinum seem busy until the 2020 so it might be a bit for them to team up.

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy that NieR exploded the way it has...congratulations to Yoko Taro and the team at Platinum, I hope they get to work together plenty more!

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I wonder if the people, like me, who played Automata first would appreciate the first Nier more, like the people who played Nier first and Automata second. It may be a matter of preferring the first game of the 2 that you played since they tackle similar themes and share a lot of Yoko Taroisms, so retreading some of that stuff may not resonate as much.
Then again I haven't played the original Nier so maybe I'm off base.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
I wonder what the original Nier's lifetime sales are?

Well deserved, super happy the series got a second chance

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to think that Taro went from going back into unemployment in 2014 after Drakengard 3 to his biggest game yet with Nier Automata.
Maybe SE will let him do the Drakengard 4 project he wanted to work on now.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved bought 2 physical and gifted another digital, it's my GotG so i'm sharing the love

Oct 27, 2017
I think a remaster would be dragged just as much today as it did then despite having an even better story and soundtrack than Automata.

Remake would be perfect. šŸ˜Ž

The only negative to the original games was the subpar combat, but I still found it unique and more fun than Automata's which devolved into a God of War styled mashathon. Decent game, but personally to me probably my biggest disappointment of this generation.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse SƩrƩnissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad this game has been such a success. It's 110% deserved.