• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Along with Bloodborne it may be my game of the generation. Definitely top 5.

So happy for the team and Taro!

Oct 25, 2017
One of my top 10 (probably around top 5 if I sit and think about it) games this gen. Routes A-E, and taking them all as a whole, were special.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017

If what Google trad tells me is correct. Shipments and digital sales exceeded 1 million in Asia + Japan on PS4 (in November 2018).

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
My GOAT deserves the sales figure here but that's just going to create another Salton Sea with FF fans.
Yeeeeeeeeah.

Some SE producer made a joke about a Taro FF some time ago and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. To me personally is a series that just... lacks identity these days? I'd honestly like to see how fucking weird he'd make an entry in the series.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot I didn't like about this game (though I plan to give it a second chance), but this is a big feel good moment. Not often you get a rather niche IP to sell close to 4M copies. Amazing work, and if it wasn't already obvious, a sequel definitely seems imminent.

Ancirawr

Oct 26, 2017
Denton, TX.
Awesome! I'm so excited for anything Yoko Taro has planned next :) going to double dip and get the 2B dlc for Soul Calibur to show my support as well! Really want a sequel too 😍

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
It's an all-timer. Extremely happy that it's found such success.

original.gif
tumblr_olu1f0TdPl1w37294o1_r2_500.gif

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope SE doesn't fuck it up when it comes to a sequel or whatever else Yoko Taro is working on. The great combination of talent made it a success

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Both Nier games have among the best soundtracks in all video games.

I hope a third gets made just so I can listen to the OST 24/7

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
The game had a lot of issues, but I enjoyed my time with it. I do hope for the sequel they change the combat system so that you cant win every battle by just holding down R2 and dodge lol. Congrats to Square tho.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
have it digital on XB1X but I would love physical copy and if it drops I would buy again

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Well deserved. I beat it on both PS and XB. Amazing game!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i never, ever in my wildest dreams imagined that a Nier game would be a incredibly popular success.

Glory to mankind

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Congrats! I remember hearing some claim the game wouldn't even reach a million sold. I hope to see more Yoko goodness soon.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! I remember hearing some claim the game wouldn't even reach a million sold. I hope to see more Yoko goodness soon.

Before it came out, I loved the series, but I never could have dreamed automata would break a million, let alone three million. Even now, it kind of boggles my mind.

Huge congratulations to Taro. Hoping to hear about his next project soon.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I'm really happy about this. Can't wait to see Taro and Platinum's future output.

I really want him to direct a final fantasy :3

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for it to hit under $20 on PSN. For some reason it has yet to happen.

Kaworu

Oct 28, 2017
I´m super excited for the next Yoko Taro game, it has to get a good budget increase.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Completely deserved!

Has any other game in the Drakengard franchise sold more than a million units?

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
Loved this game, some really original gameplay and 4th wall breaking. Excellent soundtrack too!

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite games of ever. I play it regularly just to enjoy the soundtrack and amazing animation.

Seriously it's some of the best, deepest animation in a game. You can tell it was a labor of love from the top down. It's rare that animation is consistent in cutscenes and gameplay and maintains all that flourishes/character at every opportunity. The sheer amount of unique animation is impressive, and the game controls responsively as well. A real accomplishment.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely deserved! My GOTY last year, and one of my favorites of this generation. Congrats Yoko Taro and team. I can't wait to see what they do next.

Oct 30, 2017
Can't believe it has become a successful franchise :"-)

Give us a third game but closer to the OST and story of the first one.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
If by some chance Babylon's Fall is supervised or has smth to do with Yoko Taro, I think it's gonna be worth checking.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Yoko Taro sitting in a pile of money...just absolutely miserable.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The only negative to the original games was the subpar combat, but I still found it unique and more fun than Automata's which devolved into a God of War styled mashathon. Decent game, but personally to me probably my biggest disappointment of this generation.
This is your fault though. The combat system is fairly deep and has a lot of variety. Many different viable strategies, especially after Route A. Button mashing is a choice.