• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I'm surprised they still didn't announce a new game, or even a remaster, with how quickly they made Automata. Their next game is either a bigger project or Square-Enix are complete fools to not start working on it as soon as possible.

I'd imagine it's gonna be announced this E3.
It's been in development for at least 6 months now, meaning 12 months by the time E3 happens.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That's what Taro had to say about this:

"[...]I've completed that story of 2B in Nier Automata. I don't really want to revisit that storyline. But I was just imagining, when you asked me, what if Square Enix comes to me and asks me to create a game that has 2B in it, if that was their order? I was thinking, because 2B is an android. Maybe I'll just make her into a little bug. She's an android, so she can be in any body. We'll just put her eye cover on that bug. That might be fun to do.[...]

https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/01/...tencing-characters-and-turning-2b-into-a-bug/

yep, that's s YT answer lol

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Played it recently on Xbox One and I think this game totally deserves this and more sales ( favourite Rpg for me this generation so far)

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I still need to play it considering I purchased it 4 months ago, I just need to finish Ys VIII first.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Game of the gen to me, Yoko taro games are so unique and different, i love them.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I fear for its success, i fear that SE will fill the next one with unnecessary hand holding and mtx and fuck it up somehow in order to appeal to the masses.

Game of the generation indeed alongside bloddborne/persona 5/darksouls3

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I loved the first Nier and it left a big impact on me but I didn't get Automata. Like I think I didn't even understand the plot and themes by the end.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I need to just play this game already. It's been sitting in my library forever now.

Between a PS4 Pro and a PC w/ a GTX 1080 Ti, what's the better way to play the game on a 4K tv?

PC + FAR mod will be the superior experience, especially with that GPU. Should be able to run it at 4K and (mostly)60fps.

The game isn't perfectly stable on any platform really, just fyi.

Ys45

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to replay this I rarely replay games but this is one of the games I need to replay .
But it's well deserved this is one of the game I played this gen.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
That's what Taro had to say about this:

"[...]I've completed that story of 2B in Nier Automata. I don't really want to revisit that storyline. But I was just imagining, when you asked me, what if Square Enix comes to me and asks me to create a game that has 2B in it, if that was their order? I was thinking, because 2B is an android. Maybe I'll just make her into a little bug. She's an android, so she can be in any body. We'll just put her eye cover on that bug. That might be fun to do.[...]

https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/01/...tencing-characters-and-turning-2b-into-a-bug/

Well at least there is that. If he's willing to turn 2B into a bug, that really tells me he doesn't want to revisit these characters. Which is fine. I loved Automata and the characters, I just don't wanna see them get dragged through more stuff just for the sake of a sequel. Taro does best when he's doing what he wants.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so happy for Yoko taro..... So about that nier 1 remaster I was promised if "automata sells like hotcakes"

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Sold about 1.2 million as per recent valve leak a few months ago.. so yes, very huge success despite the sub-par port.
It's also still way up in the sales charts every time it goes on sales. I'm continuously surprised by how much of an audience there is for it on Steam.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Sold about 1.2 million as per recent valve leak a few months ago.. so yes, very huge success despite the sub-par port.

That's a pretty nice number for this kind of game on PC, no? And it was released after the PS4 version to that
But that means that SteamSpy is so off now when it comes to sales numbers? Right now it shows me that it sold between 500k - 1mil copies.. previously Steamspy wasn't so off when it came to these numbers

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Congrats to the team. It's a great achievement. I'm so glad this gen has been so kind to Japanese studios.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
How's the 1X port? The game ran pretty shitty for me on a 580 and I know the 1X uses a GPU around there.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
gonna wait a year longer to see if a switch port could ever come to fruition, and otherwise i'll grab it on steam
I've been listening to the OST since the game came out and its amazing
love the character designs as well

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those seem like Square Enix "Failed to meet expectations" numbers.

Joking aside, I'm glad it did so well. I really need to get around to playing my own copy... hopefully I'll be able to in the later half of this month.