• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I mean at least that's somewhat consistent with Zeke asking me if I was a machine earlier in the thread.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
In the interests of even fuller disclosure, I said I wanted to recruit Neon the night we attempted to recruit Cheshire, but Zeke and Hawthorn both favoured Cheshire at the time.

We decided early on to focus on machines, and were looking for ways to fish for race claims for potential targets.
There was never a point at which any of us went "Hey, we should look for vanilla machines to recruit" and then vanilla machines claimed though, which seems to be what you're implying.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I mean at least that's somewhat consistent with Zeke asking me if I was a machine earlier in the thread.
Yea, fishing for that was funny.

Was also my reason for saving Neon eod after he claimed Father Machine. I really didnt care if you or LP were voted out after that, just wanted to save our possible 4th for GawdHood status. After LP messed up his claim name, just pushed there. Also with the theory that we could check vanilla claims with Haw, if Neon was lying we could vote him out the next day phase.

giphy.webp

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
if you're all so convinced of your towniness than I don't know what the hesitation is. it's literally impossible for you to lose if you're all town, kill someone already

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
if you're all so convinced of your towniness than I don't know what the hesitation is. it's literally impossible for you to lose if you're all town, kill someone already
go-go-away.gif

I'd like to get Launchpad's reaction to EC's claim, and to the cult reveal. No need to turbo anyone. I would consider Maol, though. His frustrated reaction to the cult feels like it could come from either a town or a mafia perspective.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
wow, ain't no mafia like a Loh-Vee mafia!

None of us have had our alignments changed, we simply have a separate thread where we meet in the little robot function hall and discuss matters.

Recruitment was:

N1: Sawneeks (failed due to commute)
N2: Ephi
N3: Zeke
N4: Neki (failed)
N5: CheshireCat (failed)
N6: Neon
Profound sadness that I wasn't recruited into your cult. I thought we had that unspoken cult bond. (Also explains why you asked about the Key earlier 👀)

Anyway, given the nature of the BECOME AS GODS effect, I'm pretty confident in saying that Hawthorn is town. I don't know about what criteria was needed for the recruitment and whether anything can be gleaned from that. I trust Hawthorn's reads of her members unless something drastic changes (aside from which, Zeke was turning into a town read anyway).

I did, and it lines up with this...

As I selected "support" and "Stan" for my command last night.
Would anyone like to claim receiving a message from EC last night? Launch did not claim it.
I did not receive any message asking to redirect my action.

it'd be really silly to design a game where mafia are completely cornered well before a MELO situation by your role, Thorny.
in what world would you be gifted a win for town without having properly eliminated mafia? it's not a big risk at all for scum to get on board for the town cred you are gifting them from it
You know that scum are able to be recruited into neighbor threads right. literally what Launch did as scum once and cost town the game
I don't fucking know, but it's stupid to think you're all town just based off being recruited when you're not even sure what the restrictions are.
I can buy the logic that the cult members are putting out in as much as they know about how it works and their reads of each other, and I think the numbers are on our side here, so I don't know what all the frustration is about. Which is why I'm suddenly suspicious of Maol here. lol

Cool with Launch too......................jailin the doctor doesnt make sense..........wouldve been better to jail a scumread imo.
The jailing protects from night kills, too. I felt more confident about Stan being targeted for the night kill than about Stan being able to find a machine he hadn't protected yet and that it would be the night kill target (I made some assumptions about Stan's role based on Monkey's). And I was right, too, at least about the target.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
As for what I would do, I would vote out Maol or Neki. They feel overly frustrated in ways I don't necessarily buy as town. I'd be paranoid we're being led down a bad path by what someone is telling us, but I find it hard to refute when there are mechanics involved.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel frustrated, I said I was glad. Game is out of my hands and I don't have to worry lol.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I was ready to go down arguing tooth and nail for the whole day but this is much more relaxed

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Profound sadness that I wasn't recruited into your cult. I thought we had that unspoken cult bond. (Also explains why you asked about the Key earlier 👀)

I tried to recruit your slot! I thought often of our old cult, and our three consecutive failed recruits on what turned out to be members of another cult. Good times.

I did not receive any message asking to redirect my action.

Thanks for answering. Unclear if a jailor would be support anyway. At this point it has to be that either the command went to mafia, or there are no "support" roles left.

I can buy the logic that the cult members are putting out in as much as they know about how it works and their reads of each other, and I think the numbers are on our side here, so I don't know what all the frustration is about. Which is why I'm suddenly suspicious of Maol here. lol

This is kind of where I'm landing too. Maol's reaction feels like one that I could see mafia having to the cult organizing against him. I would be in favor of flipping him today. After seeing the flip results, I would reevaluate. If he's a town tracker, that sort of confirms Neki's claim, meaning that at least one mafia would have to be among someone I don't suspect right now: EC or one of my cult members. If he's mafia, I'll look at the role and go from there.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Yeah, I don't see any reason to draw out the day. Maol, if you're town, I am sorry about this, and I promise that I will consider my cult members as potential suspects tomorrow, along with everyone else left alive.

vote: Maolfunction

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
==== DAY 7 VOTES ====
Day Start

Maolfunction (3 votes)
Maolfunction - #4,784
EzekelRAGE - #4,814
Hawthorn - #4,816

LaunchpadMcQ (1 votes)
EvilChameleon - #4,788

Neki (0 votes)
EvilChameleon - #4,629 #4,788

Not voting: LaunchpadMcQ, Neki, NeonBorealis, Ephidel

Post Counts:
EzekelRAGE: 66 Hawthorn: 43 Maolfunction: 42 Neki: 38 NeonBorealis: 17 EvilChameleon: 12 Ephidel: 9 LaunchpadMcQ: 6

Current Countdown:
kdf2qyt5mp

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to leave this open for people to answer the night phase question or can I vote and assume anyone who needs to will let the gamerunners know by PM? 👀

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Day 7 Ends

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Maolfunction has died

He was...

A foulmouthed bitch, you died in the fog. However, you have somehow been reborn… as a Machine. Well this is just peachy... However, you've been promised a better body when this is all over if you can accomplish your goal. For now you'll just have to keep pretending to be: Animal Loving Machine, the poor sucker your personality files are now overriding.

You are Kaine Machine and you are a 2 shot Tracker!

You are: A Machine.

You are aligned with those out to bring back a world they lost(that is mafia).

You win when your faction makes up 50% of the remaining players.

During the night you can use the command Hunt: player. You will learn who your player targeted, but not what they did.

Your faction has:

• 1 Ninja Shot - On ODD nights you can use the command Ninja: player. The kill will not be able to be detected.
  • The Mafia factional kill - On ODD nights you can use the command Kill: player. The player will die.

You can not use the factional ninja shot the same night the factional kill is used.

You have the power to vote!

Scum Team: Where

Scum Thread: Am I

---

Main Thread: Nowhere

Good Luck killing anyone who fucking gets in your way!

There will be no night phase.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Got to think this through. Maol was X-shot, so there's still the chance that Neki was telling the truth.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
My instinct is that his read lists have been wishy washy these last couple of phases, but I'm going to go review.

That baked in fake claim is interesting.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
There can be at most two mafia remaining, if Maol's team was bigger than Random and Monkey's team. Meaning the worst case scenario right now is 5 v 2, if we mis-vote and they kill at night, it would be 3 v 2 the next day, so we have some allowance for mistakes, but not much. Could be that there's only one remaining, just being cautious.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with turboing me because it's either me or Launch at this point, so choose whoever. I didn't think the team was Maol + Cheshire though but here we are.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
We have 2 days to come to a decision. Let us mull over Maol's flip and dig for info for the time being. I wouldn't want to rush and give scum any advantage.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Neki going "yeah go ahead and turbo me" gives me pause.
I'm just saying if haw is confident in her read of her cult team mates then it's obviously me or Launch based on game state and reads. If she isn't then there is a chance there is a scum in her cult. Ultimately the choice is theirs to make but I've already used up all my abilities to there isn't much left for me to do here.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
It does make sense why Maol would defend me because if I flipped town it'd immediately shift suspicions off of him given he knew my alignment.