IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Welcome to |OT4| for the Nintendo Community Discussions on Resetera!
53725643148_1e9b35c336_k.jpg

Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development Division, commonly abbreviated as Nintendo EPD, is the largest division within the Japanese video game company Nintendo. The division focuses on developing and producing video games, mobile apps, and other related entertainment software for the company. EPD was created after merging their Entertainment Analysis & Development (EAD) and Software Planning & Development (SPD) divisions in September 2015.

Current Projects:
Game Title
Metacritic Score
The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom​
Everybody 1-2-Switch!​
Pikmin 4​
Super Mario Bros. Wonder​

53725643033_a28891401c_k.jpg

The Pokémon Company (株式会社ポケモン, Kabushiki Gaisha Pokemon) (TPC) is a Japanese company responsible for brand management, production, publishing, marketing, and licensing of the Pokémon franchise, which consists of video game software, a trading card game, anime television series, films, manga, home entertainment products, merchandise, and other ventures.

Current Projects:
Game Title
Metacritic Score
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet​
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero: Part I​
Detective Pikachu Returns​
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero: Part II​

Upcoming Projects:
Game Title
Source
Pokemon Legends: Z-A

53724525237_9011bc31e4_k.jpg

Monolith Software Inc., trading as Monolith Soft, is a Japanese video game development studio originally owned by Namco (later Bandai Namco) until being bought out by Nintendo in 2007, best known for the Xenoblade Chronicles series of games.

Current Projects:
Game Title
Metacritic Score
Xenoblade Chronicles 2​
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition​
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden County​
Xenoblade Chronicles 3​
Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Expansion Pass Wave 4 - Future Redeemed​

53724525357_93e28d60b8_k.jpg

HAL Laboratory, Inc., formerly shortened as HALKEN (derived from its native name), is a Japanese video game developer founded on 21 February 1980. While independent, it has been closely tied with Nintendo throughout its history, and is often referred to as a second-party developer for the company. The company is most famous for their work on the Kirby and Mother series, as well as the first two Super Smash Bros. games.

Current Projects:
Game Title
Metacritic Score
Kirby Star Allies​
Kirby and the Forgotten Land​
Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe​

Upcoming Projects:
Game Title
Source
Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush

53724538937_fc8840c94c_k.jpg

Retro Studios, Inc. is an American video game developer and subsidiary of Nintendo based in Austin, Texas. The studio is best known for its work on the Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country series, and has contributed to several other Nintendo-developed projects, such as Mario Kart 7.

Current Projects:
Game Title
Metacritic Score
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze​
Metroid Prime Remastered​

Upcoming Projects:
Game Title
Source
Metroid Prime 4​
Rumors: Metroid Prime 2 & 3 Ports​

53725427186_5e5cf6d088_k.jpg

NDcube Co., Ltd. is a Japanese video game developer and a subsidiary of Nintendo based in Japan with offices in Tokyo and Sapporo. The majority of the company is made up of former employees of Hudson Soft. They have also been the developers of the Mario Party series since Mario Party 9 onwards.

Current Projects:
Game Title
Metacritic Score
Super Mario Party​
Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics​
Mario Party Superstars​
Everybody 1,2 Switch​

Upcoming Project:
Rumored Game TitleSource
"A game is in development at Nintendo with the codename Banquet. This is a title that appears to be in development by NDcube and a developer known as SmileBoom." (likely a new Mario Party)ATLUS Leaker Midori

53724525337_58993926d4_k.jpg

Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd. is a Japanese video game developer best known for developing games published by Nintendo with the Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, WarioWare, and Wars video game series.

Current Project:
Game Title
Metacritic Score​
Fire Emblem: Three Houses​
Paper Mario: The Origami King​
WarioWare: Get It Together!​
Fire Emblem: Engage​
WarioWare: Movie It!​

Upcoming Project:
Game Title
Source
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Remastered​

53725886120_1e3f989397_k.jpg

1-Up Studio Inc. (stylized as "1-UP Studio Inc."), formerly Brownie Brown Inc., is a Japanese video game developer founded on June 30, 2000, in Tokyo, Japan by Shinichi Kameoka and Kouji Tsuda who worked on the Mana series. The studio developed games for both Nintendo and Square Enix, including Magical Vacation and Sword of Mana.

Current Projects:
Game Title
Metacritic Score
Ring Fit Adventure​
Animal Crossing: New Horizons​
Super Mario 3D All Stars​
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury​

53725427176_fe09276055_k.jpg

Next Level Games, Inc. is a Canadian video game developer owned by Nintendo based in Vancouver. The company is best known for its work with Nintendo, the Mario Strikers games and Punch-Out!! for the Wii, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Metroid Prime: Federation Force for the Nintendo 3DS, and Luigi's Mansion 3 for the Nintendo Switch.

Current Projects:
Game Title
Metacritic Score
Luigi's Mansion 3​
Mario Strikers: Battle League​

Upcoming Project:
Game Title
Source
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD​

53725664283_0c48cc6939_k.jpg

Upcoming Third Party Releases:

About the Nintendo Switch Online and the Expansion Pack:
nso-icons-with-text

Play online with friends, family, and other players around the world.
Play old-school favorites like the Super Mario Bros.™ 3, Donkey Kong Country™, and The Legend of Zelda™: Link's Awakening games. These games include added online functionality so you can compete (or cooperate) online with friends depending on the game.

Nintendo Switch Online members can buy a pair of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers* and redeem each one for a digital game in the voucher catalog to score savings. For example, get The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and one other game for up to $30 in savings with Game Vouchers!
Switch_NSOExpansionPack_OverviewTRL_OctoExpansion

Get all the benefits of Nintendo Switch Online, plus access to classic Nintendo 64, Game Boy Advance, and Sega Genesis games, along with select DLC.
N64

Party like it's 1996 with classic Nintendo 64™ games like Mario Kart™ 64, GoldenEye 007, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™, and more!
GameBoyAdvance

Includes classics like The Legend of Zelda™: The Minish Cap and Super Mario™ Advance 4: Super Mario Bros.™ 3.
1280x720_genesis

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members also get access a collection of SEGA Genesis™ games—like Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Golden Axe—that are great to play anytime, anywhere!

H2x1_IndieWorld.jpg

Uncover top-quality experiences from independent developers with Indie World! Covering a wide range of genres, Indie World represent some of the best titles available for the Nintendo Switch from independent developers.

Latest Indie World Showcase: 4.17.2024

53725889630_81ea650485_k.jpg

Here's another massive leak thread "(LEAK) Switch 2 hardware shipments show system RAM, storage, other console information" by poptire

Last edited:
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Looking forward to that direct next month, we usually get some wacky spin-offs and funky revivals this late in a Nintendo consoles life when it's this healthy

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Looking forward to that direct next month, we usually get some wacky spin-offs and funky revivals this late in a Nintendo consoles life when it's this healthy
I'm genuinely down for more wacky stuff like the NES Championship stuff, which I did want to include in the OP but I didn't know where to really put it, along with more remasters. Like, if that's what we gotta accept from July-November, I'd be totally okay with it given we know the Switch 2 is essentially 1 year away lol
That OP is fantastic!
Thank you! I wanted to make sure I include as much community related threads as possible so there's as much of a discussion regarding speculation and Nintendo in general, which is why I included your thread! The same goes for others who make massive Nintendo threads, I'm always down to show support in the OP :)
Brilliant name. May 23rd can't come soon enough.
Genuinely glad folks like it! I did it primarily because I thought it was funny more than anything else lmao
10cba82f82a9e6dfb5cbd39d752a6d1abb03f6bb.gifv

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Some questions, since I'm losing my passion for Xbox, and I want to dive back into the Nintendo ecosystem with the Switch 2 next year. Some of these questions will expose my lack of knowledge of the last few Nintendo consoles. When I was a kid through being a young adult, I loved Nintendo so much. From the NES to the Wii, I loved them. My favourite games were things like Donkey Kong Country 3, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy. I'm feeling nostalgic just thinking about all these experiences.
  1. Is it correct to say that Nintendo systems don't have a universal, shareable "games played history" ? For example, on Xbox, I can look up my gamertag online and see that in 2009 I played Bioshock, and in 2022 I played Pentiment, and in 2013 I played Shadows of the Damned, etc. No "games played history" across different Nintendo consoles?
  2. Is online play still restricted with friend codes and such? Or can I invite anyone I want using a username?
  3. Do Nintendo consoles have voice chat and party chat?
  4. Do Nintendo consoles allow text messages (ie I can send a text message to any username, like on Xbox)?
  5. Would it be fair to say that Switch 2 will inevitably have new entries in these franchises?
    1. Animal crossing
    2. Smash bros
    3. Mario kart
    4. Mario tennis
Note: I'm building a preliminary Switch 2 backlog for myself. I love puzzle games, narrative indie games, visual novels, action RPGs, JRPGs, action games in general, and open world games, and platformers. So far, I'm thinking:

Switch 2 backlog:
  1. 13 sentinels
  2. Great ace attorney chronicles
  3. All Layton games that exist on switch (I think there's 3?)
  4. LOZ: breath of the wild
  5. LOZ: tears of the kingdom
  6. Super Mario 3D world
  7. Super Mario bros wonder
  8. Super Mario odyssey
Hey Montresor! I didn't get to respond to this in the other OT, so here's some answers for your questions:
1. Yes, its fair to say this as of right now. Although, the Nintendo Switch does highlight people's recently played games when you click on their profile. It only shares the hours played though given that the Switch never got a "achievements system" as Nintendo opted to do achievements in specific games to give users post-game content stuff to do.
2. Online play isn't necessarily restricted to just friend codes. Some games like Super Smash Bros Ultimate, F-Zero 99, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 3 and I believe Mario Party Superstars aas well all allow you to play with randoms online. Some of these games also allow you to replay with the same folks like in Smash Ultimate or even stay in the same lobby while searching for new players like in MK8D.
3. Yes, but it's through annoying third party application on your phone that Nintendo seemed to completely drop from their marketing. We might get something new for the Switch 2.
4. Unfortunately, no.
5. Absolutely. In fact, the first three you labeled (AC/SB/MK) all should be guarantees pretty much. A new AC game has been in development for awhile now, Smash Bros will be a long wait but we know Sakurai is making games again and Mario Kart is gonna be back as well given that MK8D had an incredibly high attachment rate with Nintendo Switch Owners. I don't know if Mario Sports games like Mario Tennis will be back given that they all did pretty poorly on the Switch because, truthfully, those games sucked in my opinion and you can see those reviews, they're not good. They all lacked a ton of content.

For puzzle and indie games, I'd watch the last few Indie Worlds, the recent one Is hyperlinked in the OP. You'll find a lot of cute, fun and hidden gems through that. To give you two Nintendo specifically published games, I'd suggest Mario vs Donkey Kong and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (both puzzle games, both adorable and extremely fun, they also have a decent amount of post-story content). Also, check out Luigi's Mansion 3, that game is a fantastic game and is a bit of a puzzle game too.

For JRPGs, you gotta check out the Xenoblade Chronicles Series. The only one that is skippable, to me, is XC2. It's not that great. I still need to get to Xenoblade Chronicles 1 Remastered and Xenoblade 3, but both of those are highly beloved and have fantastic reviews. Again, those are Switch exclusives. There's also Dragon Quest XI S and Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, too. Oh! And of course, you have to check out Fire Emblem Three Houses, it's SO good.

I also have to get to this next one but Master Detective Archive Rain Code might fill in that visual novel niche. Though, that is coming to other platforms later this year.

For Action RPGs, I'd check out Astral Chain, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 3.

I hope this helps! if you need more questions, I got you.

Crazy news week, now new thread

They hate fun
Felt like the perfect time to get in a new OT, right? We finally got a new set of games confirmed to be coming out. We got a confirmation about a June Direct. We got a confirmation of the Switch 2 being announced soon. It just felt right, you know?

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Felt like the perfect time to get in a new OT, right? We finally got a new set of games confirmed to be coming out. We got a confirmation about a June Direct. We got a confirmation of the Switch 2 being announced soon. It just felt right, you know?
It was the perfect time. The leaked spec thread got me excited. And while I am not expecting too much from the June Direct, I am looking forward/hoping for Fire Emblem. Anything else is just a bonus.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It was the perfect time. The leaked spec thread got me excited. And while I am not expecting too much from the June Direct, I am looking forward/hoping for Fire Emblem. Anything else is just a bonus.
I expect nothing but remasters and one or two interesting smaller projects that are kind of on the same tier if not a little "bigger" than Nintendo World Championship NES Edition, so basically bite-size content that'll fill in the voids from now to the upcoming Switch 2 reveal, which is more than fine IMO. My only hope is something Star Fox related but that feels like a pipe dream and something that has a better chance of happening in the Switch 2 life cycle at this point. If not, I'm willing to give up Star Fox completely at this point lmao.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know new OTs could be made, I thought we had some update that essentially keeps a thread open forever. Not that I'm complaining

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just read through the OP and wanted to add or correct some stuff: for intelligent systems a fire emblem 4 remake has been rumored for a while by the source who knew about engage.
Endless Ocean: luminous is a 1st party property, the developer is 3rd party but Nintendo owns the IP

Also in the sega genesis section of NSO is so completely wrong that i feel like it might be a in-joke thats pretty funny lol
Playstation OT gets a new one a lot.
Hey, can't argue with that

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Didn't know new OTs could be made, I thought we had some update that essentially keeps a thread open forever. Not that I'm complaining
I try to do a new one every couple of months and given all of the updates the other OP needed and the new Switch 2 update from Nintendo themselves, making a new one now before Paper Mario and the June Direct felt right. Plus, this community doesn't get as many OTs due to lack of activity so
Just read through the OP and wanted to add or correct some stuff: for intelligent systems a fire emblem 4 remake has been rumored for a while by the source who knew about engage.
Endless Ocean: luminous is a 1st party property, the developer is 3rd party but Nintendo owns the IP

Also in the sega genesis section of NSO is so completely wrong that i feel like it might be a in-joke thats pretty funny lol

Hey, can't argue with that

Gonna fix the Nintendo Switch Online stuff now! Can you link me the FE4 rumor stuff?

As for the Endless Ocean, I'll just change the image and delete the row from the table.

Thanks for the corrections!

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
Great OT title and thread, I've only lurked these threads before but will join in this time. Looking forward to TTYD soon and next month's direct, hoping we get F-Zero GX Remastered next!

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Very interested to see how good games look on switch 2
I truly wonder if Nintendo's gonna let companies do patches instead of deluxe editions for the Switch 2 because as much as I'd love to think that we'd get Switch 2 patches, I feel like there's just too much money to be made from Deluxe Editions of games like TOTK for example
Great OT title and thread, I've only lurked these threads before but will join in this time. Looking forward to TTYD soon and next month's direct, hoping we get F-Zero GX Remastered next!
Lets go!! Welcome to the OT, I hope you do stick around! I feel like for the vibes leading into June are gonna be so immaculate. From TTYD in two weeks to the June Direct after to Super Monkey Ball & Luigi's Mansion 2 HD both in June and releasing on the same week and Nintendo Championship NES Edition in mid July, there's a lot to look forward to and I can only imagine what fun stuff we might get from the Direct.

As for F-Zero, I feel like that's been rumored for awhile but I don't know if people got that mixed up with F-Zero 99 or if there's something legitimately there in regards to a F-Zero GX Remastered type of deal

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
I truly wonder if Nintendo's gonna let companies do patches instead of deluxe editions for the Switch 2 because as much as I'd love to think that we'd get Switch 2 patches, I feel like there's just too much money to be made from Deluxe Editions of games like TOTK for example

Lets go!! Welcome to the OT, I hope you do stick around! I feel like for the vibes leading into June are gonna be so immaculate. From TTYD in two weeks to the June Direct after to Super Monkey Ball & Luigi's Mansion 2 HD both in June and releasing on the same week and Nintendo Championship NES Edition in mid July, there's a lot to look forward to and I can only imagine what fun stuff we might get from the Direct.

As for F-Zero, I feel like that's been rumored for awhile but I don't know if people got that mixed up with F-Zero 99 or if there's something legitimately there in regards to a F-Zero GX Remastered type of deal

Thanks, yeah I'm expecting a Prime 4 trailer and at least one more first party game for the holidays to be in the direct as well (thinking DK or Mario Party).

Yeah it seems like Nate and Sylux's rumors were in reference to F-Zero 99 but I think there were a few more (like Nintendo Prime and Liam Robertson) that hinted at GX, just have to keep waiting to see if it pans out lol

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Thanks, yeah I'm expecting a Prime 4 trailer and at least one more first party game for the holidays to be in the direct as well (thinking DK or Mario Party).

Yeah it seems like Nate and Sylux's rumors were in reference to F-Zero 99 but I think there were a few more (like Nintendo Prime and Liam Robertson) that hinted at GX, just have to keep waiting to see if it pans out lol
If that June Direct doesn't start or end with a new Prime 4 Trailer, I think that'll be the most disappointing thing in the world given that it's been forever and it's the only game we're still waiting for thats been promised for the Switch generation. We have everything else! It even took forever for us to get SMTV! Now we just need this, we've been waiting so kindly, just give us an update I beg Nintendo!

And yeah, it seems like Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD, Fire Emblem's remake and F-Zero GX Remastered are the holy trifecta of "rumored games from multiple Nintendo insiders that we're all hoping is true" lol. Out of the three, I'll be honest, I want F-Zero the most. While like... I still want WW/TP HD, I've given up hope and I love Fire Emblem but not more than the other two options but hey that's just me

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
this months and the next year are going to be very interesting for Nintendo
It should be a ton of fun! We got a few games lined up, the Switch 2 reveal confirmed to be soon eventually and the June Direct which will help us get a better look as to what the next few months look like. I wonder if they're gonna save revealing the big holiday game of this year for September's Direct or not. We get something every year for the holidays and we still don't know what that is considering Pokemon is taking the year off.

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
If that June Direct doesn't start or end with a new Prime 4 Trailer, I think that'll be the most disappointing thing in the world given that it's been forever and it's the only game we're still waiting for thats been promised for the Switch generation. We have everything else! It even took forever for us to get SMTV! Now we just need this, we've been waiting so kindly, just give us an update I beg Nintendo!

And yeah, it seems like Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD, Fire Emblem's remake and F-Zero GX Remastered are the holy trifecta of "rumored games from multiple Nintendo insiders that we're all hoping is true" lol. Out of the three, I'll be honest, I want F-Zero the most. While like... I still want WW/TP HD, I've given up hope and I love Fire Emblem but not more than the other two options but hey that's just me

Yeah for sure, I'd be really surprised if we don't get Prime 4 info at this point. My personal bias aside, F-Zero definitely needs the remaster the most of those three series

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yeah for sure, I'd be really surprised if we don't get Prime 4 info at this point. My personal bias aside, F-Zero definitely needs the remaster the most of those three series
My personal head canon is that Nintendo made F-Zero 99 due to the success of multiple "99" games and to test the waters/interest levels for F-Zero. Now, whether or not that game met their expectations is a different story but I'd like to think there was enough excitement for them to think "you know what, maybe we should bring back F-Zero somehow"

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
My personal head canon is that Nintendo made F-Zero 99 due to the success of multiple "99" games and to test the waters/interest levels for F-Zero. Now, whether or not that game met their expectations is a different story but I'd like to think there was enough excitement for them to think "you know what, maybe we should bring back F-Zero somehow"

Yep, 99 seems like a testing the waters situation and also to help expand the potential audience for the GX remaster (if it's already planned)

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yep, 99 seems like a testing the waters situation and also to help expand the potential audience for the GX remaster (if it's already planned)
I really hope that a game like Princess Peach Showtime, which I admittedly need to buy still, did the same exact thing as Tetris 99 which is be a testing-the-waters-situation because if so, I wonder if Nintendo will indulge in possibly letting other characters be the lead of their own games. Shit, I've said it so many times now but I really would like a new Wario game or a weird funky Waluigi game, too. I just want to see these characters or inactive franchises like F-Zero or Star Fox succeed and allow Nintendo to do more creative stuff since being creative is what they do best

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not looking like we'll be getting many cool bonuses for TTYD preorders here so I went ahead and snagged a QVC copy for $40

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It's not looking like we'll be getting many cool bonuses for TTYD preorders here so I went ahead and snagged a QVC copy for $40
I really need to make a QVC account, there's always some sort of sale on there and I keep missing out lol. It sucks we're gonna miss out on a cool preorder bonus in the US, man. I was hoping we'd at the very least get something nice like a piece of art like they did with Super Mario Bros Wonder. If anything, I'll still pick it up from Best Buy. I've tapped out on Amazon until the Switch 2 stuff begins to launch because Nintendo and Amazon seem to have some sort of complicated relationship where all the upcoming games, including Endless Ocean Luminous, haven't been listed and didn't have preorders with Amazon

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to make a QVC account, there's always some sort of sale on there and I keep missing out lol. It sucks we're gonna miss out on a cool preorder bonus in the US, man. I was hoping we'd at the very least get something nice like a piece of art like they did with Super Mario Bros Wonder. If anything, I'll still pick it up from Best Buy. I've tapped out on Amazon until the Switch 2 stuff begins to launch because Nintendo and Amazon seem to have some sort of complicated relationship where all the upcoming games, including Endless Ocean Luminous, haven't been listed and didn't have preorders with Amazon
Yeah, it's really strange how little NOA cares about preorders and fun bonus stuff.

This'll be my first QVC purchase so hopefully it goes well. I dunno how they can get away with basically selling new games half off.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yeah, it's really strange how little NOA cares about preorders and fun bonus stuff.

This'll be my first QVC purchase so hopefully it goes well. I dunno how they can get away with basically selling new games half off.
I've always questioned QVC's ability to sell stuff half-off which is why I never made an account with them to begin with. It, to me, always seemed a little too good to be true but in regards to preorders and all of that, Nintendo has done some fun stuff before. They had a bunch of different preorder bonuses for Super Mario Wonder and more recently, Princess Peach Showtime. I really wonder what made them decide to not do anything with Paper Mario in the US. It's so weird cause like everyone is gonna buy it. It's gonna be make millions upon millions of dollars and you'd think they want to encourage people to preorder it at Target, Best Buy, Walmart etc for reasons outside of Nostalgia.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Love the OT title. Although it might be even better if it were just "The Thousand Year Wait".

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Tbf, they're not a gaming website to begin with, they have a very limited selection of titles, sometimes it might be something we'd designate as "high profile" like Spider-Man 2 or Rebirth, but they're not exactly reliable in terms of getting a good deal.

The only downsides I've seen from ordering from them is that you have to wait well past the release date to get your copy (though not the end of the world when you're saving money ofc), and that with Mario Wonder there were reported instances of people getting European copies of the game. Not sure if that ever occurred with any other game though, but it's worth noting.

Though I find myself posting a lot of deals for them as of late, I've only actually ordered Wonder from them so far lol. It's a pain to make an account each time 😅. TTYD in particular would've been very tempting, but I already got a similar deal at Gamestop. I also want to play it Day 1...

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Tbf, they're not a gaming website to begin with, they have a very limited selection of titles, sometimes it might be something we'd designate as "high profile" like Spider-Man 2 or Rebirth, but they're not exactly reliable in terms of getting a good deal.

The only downsides I've seen from ordering from them is that you have to wait well past the release date to get your copy (though not the end of the world when you're saving money ofc), and that with Mario Wonder there were reported instances of people getting European copies of the game. Not sure if that ever occurred with any other game though, but it's worth noting.

Though I find myself posting a lot of deals for them as of late, I've only actually ordered Wonder from them so far lol. It's a pain to make an account each time 😅. TTYD in particular would've been very tempting, but I already got a similar deal at Gamestop. I also want to play it Day 1...
So, basically, it's kind of worth avoiding unless you're really trying to save a couple of bucks on Nintendo games?

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
QVC has always been hit or miss for me, like stuff I've gotten from them hasn't always been in the best condition. But I had a family member who use to work there at the time and I got stuff off at a pretty good discount.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
QVC has always been hit or miss for me, like stuff I've gotten from them hasn't always been in the best condition. But I had a family member who use to work there at the time and I got stuff off at a pretty good discount.
I really wish Best Buy brought back the Gamer club stuff cause I'd invest in that just for Nintendo stuff. That's where I preorder all my games now because of the ongoing Amazon-Nintendo problems. I only asked about QVC because I missed out on the Princess Peach deal sadly. I wanna get that and Endless Ocean eventually despite Endless Ocean getting middling reviews.

Though, I don't know when I'll get those two games. We got Paper Mario, Super Monkey Ball, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD and NES Championship coming up, plus we all got backlogs so lol

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish Best Buy brought back the Gamer club stuff cause I'd invest in that just for Nintendo stuff. That's where I preorder all my games now because of the ongoing Amazon-Nintendo problems. I only asked about QVC because I missed out on the Princess Peach deal sadly. I wanna get that and Endless Ocean eventually despite Endless Ocean getting middling reviews.

Though, I don't know when I'll get those two games. We got Paper Mario, Super Monkey Ball, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD and NES Championship coming up, plus we all got backlogs so lol
Yeah Best Buy is where I buy most of my Nintendo stuff now. Kinda wish I didn't buy the digital version of Dark Moon before the 3DS eShop closed. Hope you're able to get Endless Ocean if you still want it. If anything I might be come a collector's item.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, basically, it's kind of worth avoiding unless you're really trying to save a couple of bucks on Nintendo games?

Well Mario Wonder aside, they're legit for all intent and purposes, so I wouldn't necessarily say to avoid them unless you cannot stand any hassle whatsoever, or want to receive the game as quickly as possible. At best, you could just simply use QVC for one ideal game, and then be done with it after all. They also occasionally have days where they have both the discounts and free shipping that you can wait for.

In my particular case, I have store credit elsewhere, so nowadays it has to be a really good deal to make me want to actually spend my cash. Otherwise I would probably take advantage of QVC more often.

I only asked about QVC because I missed out on the Princess Peach deal sadly.

Major YMMV, but if you happen to have a Staples nearby (and actually has the game in stock), they currently have a deal on their app for $30 off select Switch titles, which includes Peach. I believe it ends today though. You can even combine the promo with price matching Peach from another website.

It's funny, legit didn't even know Staples sold games, but these past few weeks I've gotten several games for incredibly cheap, including Peach for $30

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya
In Australia I get most of my switch games from JBs since it's usually like 10-15 dollars less than digital or other stores, though they have a smaller range obviously.
Otherwise, just really looking forward to switch two, I cannot wait. June is so close now and I'm looking forward to what the rest of the year has too.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've always questioned QVC's ability to sell stuff half-off which is why I never made an account with them to begin with. It, to me, always seemed a little too good to be true but in regards to preorders and all of that, Nintendo has done some fun stuff before. They had a bunch of different preorder bonuses for Super Mario Wonder and more recently, Princess Peach Showtime. I really wonder what made them decide to not do anything with Paper Mario in the US. It's so weird cause like everyone is gonna buy it. It's gonna be make millions upon millions of dollars and you'd think they want to encourage people to preorder it at Target, Best Buy, Walmart etc for reasons outside of Nostalgia.
NOA has definitely has definitely sent out some neat bonuses before. But when you look at what Europe and Japan get, including My Nintendo rewards over the years, it blows our bonuses out of the water. :(

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
I really hope that a game like Princess Peach Showtime, which I admittedly need to buy still, did the same exact thing as Tetris 99 which is be a testing-the-waters-situation because if so, I wonder if Nintendo will indulge in possibly letting other characters be the lead of their own games. Shit, I've said it so many times now but I really would like a new Wario game or a weird funky Waluigi game, too. I just want to see these characters or inactive franchises like F-Zero or Star Fox succeed and allow Nintendo to do more creative stuff since being creative is what they do best

Yeah we really need a new Wario Land game (no more only WarioWare please), that's probably my second most wanted game after F-Zero GX. A mainline Waluigi game would be sick too, or a platformer/adventure game that stars both Wario and Waluigi would be amazing

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yeah Best Buy is where I buy most of my Nintendo stuff now. Kinda wish I didn't buy the digital version of Dark Moon before the 3DS eShop closed. Hope you're able to get Endless Ocean if you still want it. If anything I might be come a collector's item.
Endless Ocean and Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince are both gonna end up being potential collector's item in the future probably. Thankfully, I recently got DQM. I wanna get Endless Ocean before its too late but it seems like Nintendo barely printed copies but I'll see what I can do before the end of the summer. I just wish the game was better more than anything else right now, it would've made it a little more motivating for me to run and buy a copy ASAP.
Well Mario Wonder aside, they're legit for all intent and purposes, so I wouldn't necessarily say to avoid them unless you cannot stand any hassle whatsoever, or want to receive the game as quickly as possible. At best, you could just simply use QVC for one ideal game, and then be done with it after all. They also occasionally have days where they have both the discounts and free shipping that you can wait for.

In my particular case, I have store credit elsewhere, so nowadays it has to be a really good deal to make me want to actually spend my cash. Otherwise I would probably take advantage of QVC more often.

Major YMMV, but if you happen to have a Staples nearby (and actually has the game in stock), they currently have a deal on their app for $30 off select Switch titles, which includes Peach. I believe it ends today though. You can even combine the promo with price matching Peach from another website.

It's funny, legit didn't even know Staples sold games, but these past few weeks I've gotten several games for incredibly cheap, including Peach for $30
If anything, I'll just buy a game off QVC when it's something I don't necessarily NEED but want to get for not full price that's not a first party game just to test the waters and see if I'm happy with the condition of the game but dude, I didn't know Staples sold video games! That's actual news to me because I've never seen people talk about this before at all. I might actually look into this just to see if I can get Peach for half-off. It's one of the few mainline first party games I still need to buy for the Switch and I wanna make sure I buy it to at least help Peach possibly get more games or at the very least, inspire Nintendo to keep making more spinoff games. I'll definitely look into this ASAP.
In Australia I get most of my switch games from JBs since it's usually like 10-15 dollars less than digital or other stores, though they have a smaller range obviously.
Otherwise, just really looking forward to switch two, I cannot wait. June is so close now and I'm looking forward to what the rest of the year has too.
It's crazy because we're all talking like June is far off meanwhile it's like 2 and a half weeks away lmao. Like, June is so much closer than we all think and I don't know if it's cause of the weather or because of time just flying by without us realizing but Summer is legitimately right around the corner. Summer Game Fest is so fucking close dude! I can't wait.

NOA has definitely has definitely sent out some neat bonuses before. But when you look at what Europe and Japan get, including My Nintendo rewards over the years, it blows our bonuses out of the water. :(
I hate how much My Nintendo Rewards leaves a lot to be desired. It's one of those things where it's like... yeah, I appreciate it existing but it could be better. It could be SO much better. It feels like for every one cool thing there's like 10 different mediocre things that I'd never use or pay attention to. I've only felt the need to rush and buy one thing from that site during the Switch generation, which says a lot. Nintendo's gotta go do something to increase the quality of those rewards or at least make the rewards a lot more desirable because what we have now ain't it.
Yeah we really need a new Wario Land game (no more only WarioWare please), that's probably my second most wanted game after F-Zero GX. A mainline Waluigi game would be sick too, or a platformer/adventure game that stars both Wario and Waluigi would be amazing
I'm at the point where I'd take a Wario Land remaster/deluxe edition if they don't wanna make a new game, which I don't know why that'd be the case but the Mushroom Kingdom needs to expand game wise outside of just Mario and Luigi. Lets make Wario and Waluigi names people know by giving them games again. Waluigi's the type of character who could have a ridiculously funky looking platformer game or odd detective game or just something a little more "weird" than we've ever seen and people would love it just because he's such a dorky character. Wario, to me, needs something new that isn't WarioWare because both WarioWare games didn't really move the needle and didn't do much for anyone this generation. That's not because WarioWare games are bad but they simply weren't good enough and it's clear that people weren't as interested in those games as they thought they were. So, fuck it, bring back Wario Land or do something new with Wario instead of trying to force more WarioWare games out

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I remember when I got that gold Nunchuck from the My Nintendo rewards thing. Like one of the few NA rewards that I wanted.