OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
New thread!!!

giphy.gif
Just in time for the Summer!! Glad to see you here Moogle!
8cb182aa4e2bfa6ac9cdcd849d2ec4a2e19593e7.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Please announce something Mother related this year, Nintendo.

*Monkey paw curls and Mother brand collectible backpacks are announced*

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
When preordering a game on the Eshop does it take from your eshop balance first? I have $70 I want to use towards Paper Mario but its only letting me use my card on file.

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
I'm at the point where I'd take a Wario Land remaster/deluxe edition if they don't wanna make a new game, which I don't know why that'd be the case but the Mushroom Kingdom needs to expand game wise outside of just Mario and Luigi. Lets make Wario and Waluigi names people know by giving them games again. Waluigi's the type of character who could have a ridiculously funky looking platformer game or odd detective game or just something a little more "weird" than we've ever seen and people would love it just because he's such a dorky character. Wario, to me, needs something new that isn't WarioWare because both WarioWare games didn't really move the needle and didn't do much for anyone this generation. That's not because WarioWare games are bad but they simply weren't good enough and it's clear that people weren't as interested in those games as they thought they were. So, fuck it, bring back Wario Land or do something new with Wario instead of trying to force more WarioWare games out

Agreed on all fronts! I'm definitely down for a Wario Land remaster as well

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Lol, I didn't know it was worth that much. I'd like the money but I don't think I could sell this.
I don't blame you. Nintendo stuff is always going to be collectible until the end of time, that's just how it is. I'd keep that as long as I possibly could if I was you

Nintendo announces MOTHER: a new character that's the villain of the next Princess Peach game! (You never said it had to be the Mother series, so hey man, they gave you exactly what you wanted)
When preordering a game on the Eshop does it take from your eshop balance first? I have $70 I want to use towards Paper Mario but its only letting me use my card on file.
I believe if you have credit on your account, it'll deduct the credit from the total and charge the rest to your card?
Agreed on all fronts! I'm definitely down for a Wario Land remaster as well
Good! Nintendo needs to take some notes from us and give us what we want already

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya

Honestly I feel early next year would be more likely if there were to be a new mother game soon. They're going to want RPGs at or around launch of the switch 2, and unless the rumoured Genealogy of the Holy War remake is bogus, it just doesn't make sense to do a FE game two years in a row because it would cannibalise sales of both, and I doubt Monolith Soft would have a new game ready so soon (though they might). My predictions in order of likely hood owuld benew mario RPG (I feel that Mario RPG and Paper Mario TTYD are whetting appetities), a brand new RPG series, a MonSoft, Mother, and in last Camelot being used as a planning division for an RPG (though not necessarily Golden Sun).
It is also possible that Pokemon would be seen as the Switch 2's firsr year RPG, especially as the legends games tend to get higher accliam

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Eek I'm so excited for Paper Mario. I've even threw in a couple days annual leave just to play it.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Ah, that new thread smell. Awesome OP, as usual. I kinda slowed on posting in the last one for many (personal) reasons and haven't played too much Switch in a few thanks to clearing some backlog on other systems rn but I get in the bits I can while still reading along here when I can.

Going to be a fun year for us. Very excited to see what the Summer Direct holds.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Eek I'm so excited for Paper Mario. I've even threw in a couple days annual leave just to play it.
Let's gooooooooooo! Give us more Remasters Nintendo! We'll buy them!
Ah, that new thread smell. Awesome OP, as usual. I kinda slowed on posting in the last one for many (personal) reasons and haven't played too much Switch in a few thanks to clearing some backlog on other systems rn but I get in the bits I can while still reading along here when I can.

Going to be a fun year for us. Very excited to see what the Summer Direct holds.
Glad to see you're back! We got one hell of a line up of games this summer. I'm looking forward to this Summer honestly. It feels like it's gonna be a great time for Nintendo fans if you have tempered expectations
I hope Nintendo brings back some form of street pass for Switch Plus!
I'd love to see another gimmick on the Switch 2. Fuck it, bring back the Miis

Montresor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Montresor! I didn't get to respond to this in the other OT, so here's some answers for your questions:
1. Yes, its fair to say this as of right now. Although, the Nintendo Switch does highlight people's recently played games when you click on their profile. It only shares the hours played though given that the Switch never got a "achievements system" as Nintendo opted to do achievements in specific games to give users post-game content stuff to do.
2. Online play isn't necessarily restricted to just friend codes. Some games like Super Smash Bros Ultimate, F-Zero 99, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 3 and I believe Mario Party Superstars aas well all allow you to play with randoms online. Some of these games also allow you to replay with the same folks like in Smash Ultimate or even stay in the same lobby while searching for new players like in MK8D.
3. Yes, but it's through annoying third party application on your phone that Nintendo seemed to completely drop from their marketing. We might get something new for the Switch 2.
4. Unfortunately, no.
5. Absolutely. In fact, the first three you labeled (AC/SB/MK) all should be guarantees pretty much. A new AC game has been in development for awhile now, Smash Bros will be a long wait but we know Sakurai is making games again and Mario Kart is gonna be back as well given that MK8D had an incredibly high attachment rate with Nintendo Switch Owners. I don't know if Mario Sports games like Mario Tennis will be back given that they all did pretty poorly on the Switch because, truthfully, those games sucked in my opinion and you can see those reviews, they're not good. They all lacked a ton of content.

For puzzle and indie games, I'd watch the last few Indie Worlds, the recent one Is hyperlinked in the OP. You'll find a lot of cute, fun and hidden gems through that. To give you two Nintendo specifically published games, I'd suggest Mario vs Donkey Kong and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (both puzzle games, both adorable and extremely fun, they also have a decent amount of post-story content). Also, check out Luigi's Mansion 3, that game is a fantastic game and is a bit of a puzzle game too.

For JRPGs, you gotta check out the Xenoblade Chronicles Series. The only one that is skippable, to me, is XC2. It's not that great. I still need to get to Xenoblade Chronicles 1 Remastered and Xenoblade 3, but both of those are highly beloved and have fantastic reviews. Again, those are Switch exclusives. There's also Dragon Quest XI S and Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, too. Oh! And of course, you have to check out Fire Emblem Three Houses, it's SO good.

I also have to get to this next one but Master Detective Archive Rain Code might fill in that visual novel niche. Though, that is coming to other platforms later this year.

For Action RPGs, I'd check out Astral Chain, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 3.

I hope this helps! if you need more questions, I got you.

Felt like the perfect time to get in a new OT, right? We finally got a new set of games confirmed to be coming out. We got a confirmation about a June Direct. We got a confirmation of the Switch 2 being announced soon. It just felt right, you know?

Late reply on my end, but thanks very much for this. Note: I overstated my love of JRPGs. It's really limited to "one or two JRPGs per year", so like Yakuza or Persona, occasionally. I don't know if I have it in me to play the Xenoblade Chronicles series. However, I have built out what seems like a pretty darn good Switch 2 backlog!

1. 13 Sentinels
  2. Another Code Recollection
  3. Astral Chain
  4. Bayonetta 2
  5. Bayonetta 3
  6. Bayonneta Cereza and the Lost Demon
  7. Cadence of Hyrule
  8. DKC Tropical Freeze
  9. Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind
  10. Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
  11. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
  12. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  13. Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy
  14. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  15. Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingtom
  16. Luigi's Mansion 3
  17. Metroid Dread
  18. Oxenfree II Lost Signals
  19. Pikmin 4
  20. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  21. Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  22. Super Mario Odyssey
  23. Super Mario RPG
  24. Wonderful 101

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, that's great to hear! I haven't been keeping up with the QOL Changes for Paper Mario. Do we know about any other good changes?

They're making backtracking a bit easier as well. Not full on fast travel I don't think, but basically there'll be more pipes I guess throughout the world (Used to travel back and forth) that weren't there before. There's also a hub area in the original game that gave you access to the pipes of each main "towns" of the game, they have revamped that a little bit as well to make it easier to access, as well as numbering the pipes so it's more clear which is which.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Late reply on my end, but thanks very much for this. Note: I overstated my love of JRPGs. It's really limited to "one or two JRPGs per year", so like Yakuza or Persona, occasionally. I don't know if I have it in me to play the Xenoblade Chronicles series. However, I have built out what seems like a pretty darn good Switch 2 backlog!

1. 13 Sentinels
  2. Another Code Recollection
  3. Astral Chain
  4. Bayonetta 2
  5. Bayonetta 3
  6. Bayonneta Cereza and the Lost Demon
  7. Cadence of Hyrule
  8. DKC Tropical Freeze
  9. Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind
  10. Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
  11. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
  12. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  13. Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy
  14. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  15. Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingtom
  16. Luigi's Mansion 3
  17. Metroid Dread
  18. Oxenfree II Lost Signals
  19. Pikmin 4
  20. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  21. Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  22. Super Mario Odyssey
  23. Super Mario RPG
  24. Wonderful 101
Trust me, I totally get not being in for Xenoblade Chronicles, those games are long as fuck lol. If anything, I'd substitute Xenoblade for possibly Triangle Strategy if you're into Strategy RPGs. Triangle Strategy, from a quick google search, is Switch console exclusive but on Steam. There's always Octopath Traveler 2 but I assume you're looking for Switch exclusives which is why I suggested Triangle Strategy instead. If TS is a bit overbearing, look to check out Mario X Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. That'll feel in the same niche but be a bit less serious or less intense, plus it features actual Nintendo characters. I'm more than happy to help though. If you ever have any more questions, feel free to ask. We'd love to see more folks in here as the next couple of weeks and months should be genuinely exciting for Nintendo fans!
They're making backtracking a bit easier as well. Not full on fast travel I don't think, but basically there'll be more pipes I guess throughout the world (Used to travel back and forth) that weren't there before. There's also a hub area in the original game that gave you access to the pipes of each main "towns" of the game, they have revamped that a little bit as well to make it easier to access, as well as numbering the pipes so it's more clear which is which.
This sounds fucking fantastic. I hope Luigi's Mansion 2 HD gets some sort of QOL stuff as well but I'm gonna assume we're all kind of in agreement that LM2HD looks like a much lesser quality remaster/port than anything else we've seen thus far on the Switch?

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
Trust me, I totally get not being in for Xenoblade Chronicles, those games are long as fuck lol. If anything, I'd substitute Xenoblade for possibly Triangle Strategy if you're into Strategy RPGs. Triangle Strategy, from a quick google search, is Switch console exclusive but on Steam. There's always Octopath Traveler 2 but I assume you're looking for Switch exclusives which is why I suggested Triangle Strategy instead. If TS is a bit overbearing, look to check out Mario X Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. That'll feel in the same niche but be a bit less serious or less intense, plus it features actual Nintendo characters. I'm more than happy to help though. If you ever have any more questions, feel free to ask. We'd love to see more folks in here as the next couple of weeks and months should be genuinely exciting for Nintendo fans!

This sounds fucking fantastic. I hope Luigi's Mansion 2 HD gets some sort of QOL stuff as well but I'm gonna assume we're all kind of in agreement that LM2HD looks like a much lesser quality remaster/port than anything else we've seen thus far on the Switch?
I don't know about lesser quality, but yeah Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is a remaster unlike Mario vs Donkey, Super Mario RPG, LOZ: Link's Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and Paper Mario: TTYD, which are all remakes. It's more akin to Miitopia which released three years ago, which is also a remaster, rather than something like LOZ: Skyward Sword HD which is a straight HD port.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yeah, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is a remaster unlike Mario vs Donkey, Super Mario RPG, LOZ: Link's Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and Paper Mario: TTYD, which are all remakes. It's more akin to Miitopia which released three years ago, which is also a remaster.
That's a shame but you know, I never got to play it despite owning a 3DS so I'm kinda glad I won't miss out on this. I almost have to get this because Luigi is my favorite Nintendo character. My biggest hope, honestly, is that we get a shadowdrop port of Luigi's Mansion 1 during the June Direct with physical copies coming later just like we got with Pikmin 1+2 HD. That would be such a good way to promote Luigi's Mansion 2 HD given that it feels like there's almost no hype for this remaster at all.

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
That's a shame but you know, I never got to play it despite owning a 3DS so I'm kinda glad I won't miss out on this. I almost have to get this because Luigi is my favorite Nintendo character. My biggest hope, honestly, is that we get a shadowdrop port of Luigi's Mansion 1 during the June Direct with physical copies coming later just like we got with Pikmin 1+2 HD. That would be such a good way to promote Luigi's Mansion 2 HD given that it feels like there's almost no hype for this remaster at all.
I mean, there's nothing wrong with it being a remaster akin to Miitopia. It doesn't mean it's of lesser quality compared to a remake.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I mean, there's nothing wrong with it being a remaster akin to Miitopia. It doesn't mean it's of lesser quality compared to a remake.
You're totally right on that, it just feels like there's no hype for this at all. Part of that, of course, is cause of Paper Mario coming out. We all know everyone's gonna run out to buy that game. However, I feel like other part is due to the game being a mixed bag from all accounts. So in my head, I feel like maybe if it was a bigger deal of a port/remaster such as LM2 in the LM3 engine (who knows if that's even possible lol), it'd have a far more interest/hype. I'm not all that worried though because for what its worth, Nintendo has always been great at marketing and hyping up their games. I just hope that they do something like a LM1 port in the Direct to get that conversation going and as a way to hype up LM2 HD.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020

I also missed out on 2 having never owned a DS. I'm okay with a remaster as it looks good enough to me. Would love to see the original come to modern hardware too

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I also missed out on 2 having never owned a DS. I'm okay with a remaster as it looks good enough to me. Would love to see the original come to modern hardware too
Glad to see I'm not the only one! I love Luigi's Mansion 3 and Luigi in general so no matter what I'd buy this port even if I got to play it on DS. I'm just hoping they at least have one or two QOL changes to the game to make it more modernize, which if they did, I'm sure they'd show it off on a random trailer that'll drop on a random day like they always do. And hey, we gotta keep willing that LM1 port into existence! Maybe it'll happen!
30ac7d80737bc68b0d9c14ea82063712.gif

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya
Glad to see I'm not the only one! I love Luigi's Mansion 3 and Luigi in general so no matter what I'd buy this port even if I got to play it on DS. I'm just hoping they at least have one or two QOL changes to the game to make it more modernize, which if they did, I'm sure they'd show it off on a random trailer that'll drop on a random day like they always do. And hey, we gotta keep willing that LM1 port into existence! Maybe it'll happen!
30ac7d80737bc68b0d9c14ea82063712.gif
Luigi's Mansion 2 is pretty good, though only the ice world and the museum world particuarly stick out in my mind and they're the last two worlds. Still, It plays well and is very pick up and play which is good if you have time restrictions. Probably won't buy it, but i honestly think this game might still get the mario boost from the movie, and there might still be some surprise marketing yet

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hunh, didn't know we got a physical sea english sub version of Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX. I'll have to grab it at some point. Not right now tho

(There's also a DOA Extreme 3 switch port but I'm more amused than have a desire to get it XD)

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Having never actually finished it I picked up Metroid Dread again and I feel like such a fool for sitting on this for so long - it's wonderful!

I think I am at the elevator to the final confrontation so now I plan to scour all the maps with my upgrades for all items. I hope the Switch 2 has a boost mode for old games as the unlocked framerate should be a constant 60 in gameplay.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Luigi's Mansion 2 is pretty good, though only the ice world and the museum world particuarly stick out in my mind and they're the last two worlds. Still, It plays well and is very pick up and play which is good if you have time restrictions. Probably won't buy it, but i honestly think this game might still get the mario boost from the movie, and there might still be some surprise marketing yet
I honestly never got to LM2 just because at the time, I was playing so many other games on the DS/3DS. Those libraries, at least for their times and as a kid/teenager, were fucking massive. So, I'm really glad they're at least porting it even if the reception seems to be a bit of a mixed bag on here and on social media in general. As for the Mario Movie Boost, I didn't even think of that! I wonder what they're gonna do, I know I'm definitely gonna show up to whatever event they do in NYC, gotta show up for my boy Luigi
How does it compare to 3D All Stars
They kinda look like they're on the same tier of "glad to have these on the Switch but they deserved better treatment", at least from the small footage we've seen of LM2 HD. I'm hoping they do a small Overview Trailer showing off the changes they had to do since it was DS game after all lol
Less than 10 days for TTYD!
Hell yeah!! Can't wait!

Having never actually finished it I picked up Metroid Dread again and I feel like such a fool for sitting on this for so long - it's wonderful!

I think I am at the elevator to the final confrontation so now I plan to scour all the maps with my upgrades for all items. I hope the Switch 2 has a boost mode for old games as the unlocked framerate should be a constant 60 in gameplay.
You know, I really want to go on a Metroid binge this summer. I need to tackle both Dread and Prime Remastered, plus I wanna check out Fusion on NSO too. I'm glad to hear that Dread does live up to the hype though! Have you tried the boss rush mode yet?

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017

Dread is still one of my favorite Metroidvanias, can't wait for the next one.

Satoru

Jan 4, 2023
Lock in the prediction now: Metroid Prime 2+3 Ports at the upcoming Direct, yay or nay? Metroid Prime 4 finally re-emerges after a ridiculously long wait at this upcoming Direct, yay or nay?
Yay and Yay
But Metroid 2+3 won''t be almost a remake like 1. Probably just a pack with the two games por 40bucks and a simple HD remaster

Metroid 4 will be there! It has to be the final big game for the Switch! I have a confession, I'm not a Metroid fan but I can see all this happening

I will add to this direct the following:
Ever Oasis Remaster
Kid Icarus Uprising Remaster
Kirby planet robobot Remaster
Random DS game
Random Gamecube game

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
You know, I really want to go on a Metroid binge this summer. I need to tackle both Dread and Prime Remastered, plus I wanna check out Fusion on NSO too. I'm glad to hear that Dread does live up to the hype though! Have you tried the boss rush mode yet?
Might give it a look when I finish the story - the bosses have been the best part 😆

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yay and Yay
But Metroid 2+3 won''t be almost a remake like 1. Probably just a pack with the two games por 40bucks and a simple HD remaster

Metroid 4 will be there! It has to be the final big game for the Switch! I have a confession, I'm not a Metroid fan but I can see all this happening

I will add to this direct the following:
Ever Oasis Remaster
Kid Icarus Uprising Remaster
Kirby planet robobot Remaster
Random DS game
Random Gamecube game
Random Gamecube game is sounding like it's gonna be one of the following: Fire Emblem Remastered game or F-Zero Remastered game. Grubb recently said that he's expecting to see it in the June Direct, but he didn't say it in a way that made it sound definitive. It was more like "yeah it sounds like it could be there, the timing it would be right" tonally.
Might give it a look when I finish the story - the bosses have been the best part 😆
If you do, let us know! I'm interested in hearing more about the Boss Rush Mode!
Hmm...Tough one.

Screw it, I'll say all three will show up.

Yay x2
Team Believer stays winning. I do agree though, I feel like both showing up is a no brainer, I just wonder what'll open up the Direct. It has to be something ridiculously hype. Whether that's TP+WW HD, MP 2+3 HD or even the rumored F-Zero/Fire Emblem Remastered games, I just want that first game to be the "holy shit they fucking did it" moment

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I just looked this up... it's worth almost 500 dollars on eBay.. You're so fucking lucky to have that dude!
What? I mostly see it going for $50-70. You got my hopes up, dude!

www.ebay.com

Official Club Nintendo Wii / Wii U Golden Gold Nunchuck Controller In Box | eBay

<p>This is the official club Nintendo gold nunchuck in original box</p><br /><p>The nunchuck is in excellent condition and believe it might not have been used before but that’s based on my judgment </p><br /><p>This is a great collectible </p><br /><p>All orders from AOYGaming come with a 30 day...

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
This could be a fun thread all in its own but I'll let you guys cook first:
GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg

What? I mostly see it going for $50-70. You got my hopes up, dude!

www.ebay.com

Official Club Nintendo Wii / Wii U Golden Gold Nunchuck Controller In Box | eBay

<p>This is the official club Nintendo gold nunchuck in original box</p><br /><p>The nunchuck is in excellent condition and believe it might not have been used before but that’s based on my judgment </p><br /><p>This is a great collectible </p><br /><p>All orders from AOYGaming come with a 30 day...
When I did a quick google search, I legitimately saw ridiculously priced Golden Wii Remotes. Maybe they were legit golden Wii Remotes and not the Club Nintendo ones?

Oct 27, 2017
GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg

When I did a quick google search, I legitimately saw ridiculously priced Golden Wii Remotes. Maybe they were legit golden Wii Remotes and not the Club Nintendo ones?

I'd say: Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Yoshi game (would kill for a new Yoahi's Island) and Rythm Heaven.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'd say: Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Yoshi game (would kill for a new Yoahi's Island) and Rythm Heaven.
This seems like a perfect lineup but for me, Animal Crossing needs to either be a day one launch game or needs to lead the charge for Year 2 of the Switch 2, only because that'll be a moment all in its own. People will be in day one if it's even slightly bigger than what we got from New Horizons. Paper Mario is great too but I wonder if Nintendo would take their time to craft the perfect Paper Mario game since TTYD will sell real well.

My personal lineup:
$5 - Mario Kart: I think we can both agree that Mario Kart being the day one launch game is the easiest decision in the world. It will do the same thing as MK8D which is dominate throughout all of the years and it'll have an immediate install base. Plus, people will buy into future DLC. So, yeah, MK9 is a must have.

$3 - Star Fox: I'm taking the gamble here with this choice. I know Star Fox is a dormant franchise but given that we're about to have LM2HD (and possibly LM1 if they port it as a surprise) and a new Kirby game coming out, I wouldn't be down to immediately revisit these franchises in a couple of months. As for Xenoblade, to me, just like Animal Crossing it'll have its own moment during the Switch 2 life cycle. I don't think it would fit great with a launch line up. Star Fox at launch, be a whole new experience or a remake, would be a low effort gamble that could possibly revitalize interest in the franchise.

$2 - Mario Party: For me, I think a genuinely good new Mario Party game that could co-exist along aside Mario Kart 9 would great for a year one Switch 2 line up. Both titles will have a long term user base if they get long term support with DLC, both games will help Nintendo market the "updated" version of Nintendo Switch Online and it'll fill out the long term demand for new Mario content. I also think a new Mario Party has a better chance of hitting more than a new Mario Sports game given the mediocre group of Mario Sports game we got on the Switch.

$2 - Yoshi: Just like Star Fox, I think this is a low gamble here. It's been long enough since we got a Yoshi game and it'd be the perfect "family friendly" game for parents to buy their kids, why not?

$2 - F-Zero: I honestly just want a new F-Zero game lmao

$1 - Rhythm Heaven: Feels like one of those franchises that, for the right price, would sell a fuck ton and would give people great replayability so why not?

Star Fox, F-Zero, Pilotwings(but Snes/n64 style not resort), Punchout, Xenoblade and DK
I guess
Star Fox and F-Zero in the same line up? Also, love the nod to DK, DK deserves that love
aqua-man-my-man-gkf62akcppuvf6ke.gif

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect Animal Crossing to be a day 1 game, it will land around year 3 to lift up sales as the console goes mainstream and pick up more casual gamers who don't really enjoy the usual expected haddcore offerings

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg

3D Mario, Mario Kart, Xenoblade, Pilotwings and Rhythm Heaven would be my picks.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I don't expect Animal Crossing to be a day 1 game, it will land around year 3 to lift up sales as the console goes mainstream and pick up more casual gamers who don't really enjoy the usual expected haddcore offerings
This makes a ton of sense, do you feel the same way about Xenoblade?
Smash, DK, StarFox, and Paper Mario. (Though, that last spot would VERY easily be taken up by Mario & Luigi if they hadn't have left it off the list like FOOLS.)
Firstly, the Star Fox love makes me so happy, that franchise deserves so much better. Secondly, my dream would be to get either a new Mario & Luigi game to capitalize on the Mario movie or a remastered Mario & Luigi game. I know that seems like a damn pipe dream but anything is possible!

Also, how far off do you think Smash is?

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg

Ok, $5 3D Mario, $3 Xenoblade, $4 Metroid, $1 Pilotwings, $1 Rhythm Heaven, and $1 Punch Out

I think Club Nintendo just gave the nunchuck, I got the golden Wii Remote from the Stward Sword bundle
Have I missed out by not playing Pilotwings ever?
I legitimately like the 3DS. It's one of those relaxing kinda games.