Votes: 146 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I would love for it to be presented as a Nintendo Direct Mini: Mario Showcase | September 2020 just to give people a moment of anxiety before the inevitable relief.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to start bracing myself for the inevitable "that's it? Just ports?" Lol.

To be fair, it's a reasonable reaction if you're really still hoping for a direct. But since I've given up hope on a first party direct this year, I'll really just be happy to finally know the collection is real.
Still having just the vanilla versions of these games on a modern portable system will be good enough for a lot of people.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
ec2.jpg

JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
Ayr, Scotland
And in the end, it'll still be a collection of games we've already played before. Games of masterclass for sure, games I'd love to and will play and enjoy again. But games we've played before, and those are the biggest thing Nintendo has for us all year.

The thing is, it will ensure a gangbusters Christmas period for Nintendo again. Us people that already own our Switches will clearly just have to wait for next year and really I'm not too bothered about doing that. I'm excited 🙂

ThousandDanny

Aug 25, 2020
Still having just the vanilla versions of these games on a modern portable system will be good enough for a lot of people.
Agreed. I think it's worth celebrating in any case, and I'm hoping it introduces many people to any of the three games. They're all wonderful.

For me personally, I'll use it as an opportunity to 100% Sunshine and Galaxy for the first time.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Joke's on all of you, I work 9 AM to 6 PM and then an additional 3 hours for my secondary job, so I won't be able to properly enjoy the news until late tonight anyway.

Ha. Ha.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Dream Mario announcement:
- Mario All-Stars available... today on NSO!
- Mario Land 1, Mario Land 2, Donkey Kong 94 available... later this month as GameBoy joins NSO!
- Super Mario 3D World DX contains extra Captain Toad levels (the real MVP), more playable characters, and 3D Land!
- Super Mario 3D All Stars contains Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2! Out this November.
- New mainline Mario title confirmed for 2021

Actual Mario announcement:
- Video cuts to Miyamoto, smoking in a basement. "Here's your fucking videogame, nerds." He flings Super Mario All-Stars at the screen - we see just enough to realise it's the original All-Stars printed on a Switch cart. Costs £350 to mark 35 years of Mario.

EgI9oWdXkAE4D_A

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
I wonder if we will get some kind of bigger presentation for this.

I believe that Cap and Nate have both said fairly recently that they don't know/hear about the Twitter drops. Seems weird that the last couple would've been a surprise, but then they knew about this one a week in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.