• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
The Legend of Zelda: Byleth of the Wild

How's everyone holding up? I was busy getting tickets for the Arkells concert

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
guys, I found this image on the internet:
NX-controller-fake-2.jpg

could it be the new NX controller?
Looks like something else that I found rummaging through the trash bin outside of Retro Studios' office building.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They could announce a direct at the same time the AC direct was announced.

IIRC they've often announced game specific Directs at weird times like that, but never a General Direct.

So I'm not sure why we were all freaking out about there being no more patterns and all that. Me included.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing those posts pointing out how Nintendo will have no Switch release dates announced once Animal Crossing comes out in a few weeks have convinced even the pessimist in me. The General Direct has to be this week or next.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Oh goodness, I swear, Nintendo, I'm going to ... uhm, scream! ... if the next Direct turns out to be a Nindies one. Sweaaar!

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh goodness, I swear, Nintendo, I'm going to ... uhm, scream! ... if the next Direct turns out to be a Nindies one. Sweaaar!

Their Spring indies presentation happens during GDC, so if it isn't postponed because GDC was (and I doubt it would be) then it would be some time between March 16th and 20th.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'd be very surprised (and concerned) if a Direct doesn't happen this month.
So, just like the rest of us were during January and February. Got it!
I was absolutely on the side that hoped for/expected a general Direct back in January, but I also haven't been concerned about the lack of a Direct - unless we hit April without one. It'd be bizarre for Nintendo to go into April with their next financial year lacking much detail.

Gianko

Nov 1, 2017
ROME, ITALY
probably Nintendo changed its mind about Direct and there will be just one general big Direct per year..so this year will be the E3 Direct.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I was absolutely on the side that hoped for/expected a general Direct back in January, but I also haven't been concerned about the lack of a Direct - unless we hit April without one. It'd be bizarre for Nintendo to go into April with their next financial year lacking much detail.

Yeah I guess I wasn't exactly concerned, but I was definitely surprised we went through February without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.