• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's probably this week.

Only hitch is that Spawnwave seems fairly confident that it's not this week, and he has had info before iirc. But he's also been wrong plenty of times, so that's far from definitive
We talked about this earlier. He wasn't saying no direct this week. He was responding to a comment that he always said "a direct will happen this week". So now he's just saying a direct won't happen this week

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I asked you Guys... this week no Direct or what?
All we have is that Nate would be "surprised" if there's no Direct this week/month.

But that statement is at least a week (?) old and I don't know if he clarified more recently.

Edit for clarity: The part about "this week" might have been conjecture on our own part based on the first half of the month pattern.

Last edited:

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
We talked about this earlier. He wasn't saying no direct this week. He was responding to a comment that he always said "a direct will happen this week". So now he's just saying a direct won't happen this week

Yeah I don't know about that. He didn't have to address that comment, and he didn't seem to be joking.

I'm not saying it means anything, but I do think he legitimately believes there's no Direct this week for whatever reason.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Why are people thinking the announcement would be tomorrow when it would be announced on Wednesday for a Thursday airing? Lol

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Why are people thinking the announcement would be tomorrow when it would be announced on Wednesday for a Thursday airing? Lol
Wednesday is the anniversary of a devastating earthquake in Japan, the 4th highest magnitude earthquake in the modern history of the world. They could do it at their normal time, but Tuesday is more likely than it would be any other week.

Wolfram

Nov 6, 2018

Nope, the comment was that he always said "a direct will happen next week". So now by saying it's not happening this week he is still kind of saying it's happening next week (or the week after and so on) :D

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wednesday is the anniversary of a devastating earthquake in Japan, the 4th highest magnitude earthquake in the modern history of the world. They could do it at their normal time, but Tuesday is more likely than it would be any other week.

Honestly that reasoning makes no sense to me. They're not airing an event on Wednesday, they're simply making an announcement on Wednesday. 11pm Wednesday night at that.

It's not like the entire country shuts down on that entire day.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know about that. He didn't have to address that comment, and he didn't seem to be joking.

I'm not saying it means anything, but I do think he legitimately believes there's no Direct this week for whatever reason.

He has a terrible track record. Just so very bad. Pay him no mind when it comes to stuff like that.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Alright NintenEra are you ready to go through today's 5 stages of grief. Let's go through them together.

1. Denial - A Direct will be announced today guys, probably not at the usual time because Nintendo's trolling us. Come back 4 PM EST.

2. Anger - Insiders suck, this thread sucks, Nintendo sucks. What do these freaking people expect me to do in the meantime (gasp)...play games.

3. Bargaining - Dear Nintendo gods, we sacrifice thy son Dark Cloud to the ban angels of Era for one of your oh so scarce general Directs...P.S. we'll throw in a cute and loveable Raccoon if you give us F-Zero/Mother 3/Advance Wars/Traditional Paper Mario

4. Depression - There are no Nintendo gods. Nintendo is dooooommmmed. I am gonna go to sleep, my day is ruined.

5. Acceptance...kind of - Alright guys nothing announced today. Let's talk about what we expect in a Direct/the latest rumors/games we've been playing.

Besides, I'm sure a Direct will be announced tomorrow...

1. Denial...

The sixth stage of Nintendo Direct grief is

6. RESET THE CLOCK

DTMkWfMV4AA07Wd.jpg

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
i pray for you rabbit.
not even offended, my son is a rabbit

Yeah I heard that playing the new campaigns in Pikmin 3 can be quite draining.
god I hope

Honestly that reasoning makes no sense to me. They're not airing an event on Wednesday, they're simply making an announcement on Wednesday. 11pm Wednesday night at that.

It's not like the entire country shuts down on that entire day.
eh you're probably right, but there's more reason to refresh on Tuesday this week than there has been on Tuesdays in the past

looking forward to another directless month :>
god what is your deal

Oct 26, 2017
So when is the shareholder thing that is our next "it must be before it" since the fiscal year is ending?

To me that date is the only thing to genuinely say 'it must be before it' about, because showing a healthy slate of titles for the new FY is absolutely something they will do, and there's not enough known titles yet.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Be careful of using inductive reasoning to make definite conclusions. "It must happen this way again because it has always done so before" isn't logically sound.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
What's the point in holding a direct in April when it's literally like 8 weeks away from E3 time?

They'd either blow their load in the direct and not have much new to show at E3 other than a lot of repeats (especially since not much game development can actually progress in that short of span, so there wouldn't be much of an "update")

Or the April direct would be wildly underwhelming because they have two shows within 2 months of each other to split content in half across them

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point in holding a direct in April when it's literally like 8 weeks away from E3 time?

They'd either blow their load in the direct and not have much new to show at E3 other than a lot of repeats (especially since not much game development can actually progress in that short of span, so there wouldn't be much of an "update")

Or the April direct would be wildly underwhelming because they have two shows within 2 months of each other to split content in half across them

Didn't they do an April Direct in 2017?

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Didn't they do an April Direct in 2017?
Yes, but they'd had the Switch reveal in January so I guess they felt that strategy appropriate at the time. Plus, that April Direct was pretty short on news because they'd already displayed most of their hand for the year and it happened before third-party support started to pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.