• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to imagine anything of note releasing with basically no build up and no time for marketing.

If anything at all gets released from Nintendo in the months of april and may, it'll either be in a direct really soon (and even then, that's probably still leaving April as a wash), or maybe Xenoblade 1 DE.
There is zero chance that April sees a first party Nintendo game at this point imo and May is starting to look suspect also.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
no one buys a game a 2nd time

barring losing the cartridge or circumstances like that.
I own 5 copies of Shovel Knight, PC, 3DS, Wii U and Switch. For the Wii U, I even own two copies because I accidentally forgot I owned it already and ordered it again

Despite that, I didn't actually play the game until I got it on Switch a few months ago lol

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im not believing anyone who says relax its still happening today. Yes this is a first world problem, obviously there are bigger issues, but in a world of shit some good news would be nice. And why should we believe insiders at this point?

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
And now people will start blaming coronavirus as the culprit for all of this, yet Nintendo has been dead silent since September last year with a very weak direct. This thread will not be a good place to be right now.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Bummer if nothing's announced today!

Not gonna get beat up about it, I'm legally housebound for 3 weeks so I might as well get stupidly anticipatory for the next few Wednesdays. If nothing happens it's not like I'll have much else going on anyway.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way Corona is hitting theme this hard, Japan in general is doing better than a lot of countries with this. I just don't get them as a company at all.
No they aren't. They claimed they were cause they still were trying to save the Olympics but now that they are called off there's already calls for self-isolation, and a lockdown is probably coming in the next days.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Y'all, I want a Direct as much as the next guy...

But people in this thread need to calm down. Some of this discussion ranges from cringe as hell to rude.

We will know more eventually. As for now, there has to be a better use of our time than being angry over something we were never promised.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We'll get something eventually! Disappointed that it looks like it won't be tomorrow, but this just means the next Direct will be even more of a banger! ...Right?
51995.jpg

TeamNever keeping that W

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Anybody expecting any type of big April game, kiss it good bye. Nintendo is not releasing any first party retail games within a month of announcement.
Xenoblade DE is gonna be all we get after New Horizons. Maybe an eShop game. Maybe

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Everybody relax. Nintendo's not doomed. This is an unprecedented for everyone, gaming industry included. Don't overreact.
Sure, but..we've been expecting news since January. And justifiably, given their silence and blank slate for the rest of the year.

They're not doomed, but it still sucks. Especially when 2018 and 2019 weren't amazing years from them either imo.

Their output frequency is super disappointing.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's stupid to get bent out of shape over video game adverts, but I'm a little sore.

Would have been nice to get something to distract from being isolated and trapped inside my own house, even if just for a little while.

HumanCentiPad

Mar 17, 2020
There are thousands of illnesses and diseases that are way worse and kill more people every year, yet no one cares. It's just hypocritical to say so now when one has had a lot of people in his family suffer other diseases that are infinitely worse, more widespread and media isn't saying anything. Money makes the world.go round.
I will be reporting you for spreading misinformation and flame-bating. I hope everyone does the same and that you go discuss your pseudoscience with your flat-earth pals.
Is this the first time ever where Nintendo doesn't have a single release scheduled (that I'm aware of)?
I think so, at least since the Wii days. Maybe it happened during the end of the GC era, but I doubt it. Wasn't there a spreadsheet floating around here with the timeline from announcement to release of every single first-party game?

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
There is zero chance that April sees a first party Nintendo game at this point imo and May is starting to look suspect also.
See, I get called a pessimist because I state a Direct isnt going to happen in the current climate and yet I actually have high optimism for a first party game releasing in April still.

The whole 6-8 week lead time is a Physical product timeline. Digital only, well to be frank they could release it anytime they like - potentially with no lead time at all.

I still feel Pikmin 3 in April is a real possibility.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
What an absolute fucking joke this is. Unbelievable. I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid. I'm 32 now. I bought the Wii at launch. The Wii U at launch. And now the Switch at launch. I've supported both their home console and hardware business. I'm as true as a fan can be. I've supported them through thick and thin, stuck by them through the worst of storms. And this is how they repay me? This is how they treat their fans? Every day I wake up hoping for a new Direct. I check for updates all through work, while I eat dinner, and right before I go to bed. I tell people at work about the Nintendo Directs and how great they are. How they're like Christmas, or even better. Every Direct I buy myself a celebration pack, full of muchable goodies to enjoy while I watch. I treat myself because I consider Directs a special experience, an event to be celebrated because Nintendo care about their fans. Or so I thought. It's been MONTHS since the last Direct. There hasn't been a full Direct this year AT ALL and it's almost April. There wasn't one at the end of last year either. As far as Nintendo is treating fans they might as well not even have games. That their fans are just garbage to be cast aside and they'll just wait and wait and wait for a Direct that wont come. Well not me. Guess what? If Nintendo thinks they can have no Direct and no Games, I guess I will have no Switch. Goodbye, Nintendo...

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Right now, the fact that they aired a (pretty mediocre, in my opinion) indies Direct just makes this more infuriating.

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Sure, but..we've been expecting news since January. And justifiably, given their silence and blank slate for the rest of the year.

They're not doomed, but it sucks. Hard. Especially when 2018 and 2019 weren't amazing years from them either imo.
2019 was super solid. 2018 has been the only bad year for the Switch.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody expecting any type of big April game, kiss it good bye. Nintendo is not releasing any first party retail games within a month of announcement.
Xenoblade DE is gonna be all we get after New Horizons. Maybe an eShop game. Maybe
Yeah. Probably an Eshop game and then Xenoblade in late May at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.