Status
Not open for further replies.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
October: Announced and released Ring Fit Adventure, The Stretchers
November: Smash Fighter #4 Terry Bogard released
December: Indie World
January: Pokemon Direct confirms a Sword/Shield expansion pass and PMD remake, Smash Fighter #5 revealed, Cindered Shadows release date given
February: Animal Crossing Direct
March: Indie World
It doesn't count because reasons

Apr 21, 2018
There is zero chance that April sees a first party Nintendo game at this point imo and May is starting to look suspect also.

Yeah, at this point if the Direct is in April, Xenoblade is probably that mid-late June slot.

Nintendo really doesn't value the first half of the year for lots of new releases do they? It was equally crap last year with Yoshi in March and SMM2 in June and nothing inbetween. 2018 was a flooding of ports (good ones atleast) and Mario Tennis Aces (which seemed rushed). It's too bad they couldn't squeak out another WiiU remaster.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I'm just going to say what every single person in this thread already knows right now. This is going to be a very bad year for the Switch.

The first year of the Switch was an anomaly and each year since then has just been a slow slide back to normal. Combining all development resources hasn't really changed much because they've directed resources towards mobile and random projects like Labo and Fitness Adventures.

It would be wise to just lower expectations going forward. We're back to normal Nintendo. Big gaps between big first party releases.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
They are really waiting as long as possible though.
They 100% have to announce the slate of games before next investors meeting. That is the FY report. Would be lunacy for them to go into next FY with absolutely nothing with a solid release date

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
We can acknowledge that Nintendo's slate for 2020 is unusually empty without denying reality and claiming there's been no news since September. The news that Smash was getting a second expansion pass and that Pokemon was shifting to an expansion model were both big pieces of news.

Don't you know that unless news is something that I in particular care about, it's not news?

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah sure, there was no Direct for a very long time and it will be Mini? Absolutely not.
I don't think that's out of the question, given the situation. Announcements for May, June, July, but no news for later this year. The Olympics were just delayed by a year. 1.7 billion currently living their lives under some form of lockdown policy - that'll jump to close to half the planet when India's curfew comes into place.

Personally, I'd take a Mini and some news for the next few months, because I know that it's going to be difficult to make promises for the rest of 2020, given the way the world is.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'm just going to say what every single person in this thread already knows right now. This is going to be a very bad year for the Switch.

The first year of the Switch was an anomaly and each year since then has just been a slow slide back to normal. Combining all development resources hasn't really changed much because they've directed resources towards mobile and random projects like Labo and Fitness Adventures.

It would be wise to just lower expectations going forward. We're back to normal Nintendo. Big gaps between big first party releases.
It already has a the best first half since 2017, and we have no idea what the second half will entail.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Announcement seems to be done after 5:00pm (France time) during those special times just saying...

i look at their indie direct anouncement time and some recent days

Plum

May 31, 2018
If there is no Direct announced by 5pm this thread should be locked it's getting really toxic in here.

Is it? Outside of like one or two people and a single obvious copypasta all that is being posted here is general disappointment and genuine critique/worry about Nintendo's plans for the year....

...honestly I'd say the whole "shut up Nintendo owes you nothing stop being invested you nerds," crowd is making this thread more toxic than it needs to be. They're trying to police this thread for some weird reason and it's getting a bit annoying at this point imo

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Ring Fit was pretty cool

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While everyone else here feels starved, you're going to have a fantastic time. Particularly if you're open-minded enough to appreciate what Star Fox Zero is trying to do.

thanks, i used to have a wii u, sold it in 2015, but now i want to re-experience some of those games and play ones i missed since nintendo doesnt seem to be bringing them to switch any time soon. Havent quite decided Yet, but im
Seriously considering pulling the trigger lol

HumanCentiPad

Mar 17, 2020

You are right overall. I'd just add that the 3DS is no longer a thing and their focus is only in the Switch hardware now -- unlike previous gens, so I'd say even a "normal" software drought should be at least a bit better than previous consoles.

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
Still believe in announcement today, just not at the regular time. At least based on what Nate/Zippo and others have said in this thread.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stop expecting news. Nintendo doesn't owe you anything and when the news comes, it comes.
What a thing for the OP of a Direct Speculation thread to post.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with anticipating and getting excited for a Direct, and then for being disappointed when it doesn't happen, particularly given how totally barren Nintendo's schedule looks now.

Look, if the coronavirus has changed things, that's absolutely fine- Nintendo should level with us, as many different companies selling many different products have before them, and we'd totally understand. They haven't, however, and are leaving themselves wide open for criticism as a result.

Oct 27, 2017
This is strange but people need to remember that there are much more important things going on in the world than Nintendo not giving you what you want.

I do feel like people have a right to be upset without undermining the state of the entire world right now. If anything, things like Directs can help ease the moment we're experiencing. But I definitely agree some people here are taking it to a whole new level. Considering the impact of COVID-19 around the world, I wouldn't be surprised if the Direct was somewhat affected by this as well. And even if we have a Direct, we should definitely expect delays throughout the year, so why is everyone so incredibly anxious to know what's coming? The Animal Crossing updates are probably getting delayed as well, as mentioned by their own team.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...honestly I'd say the whole "shut up Nintendo owes you nothing stop being invested you nerds," crowd is making this thread more toxic than it needs to be. They're trying to police this thread for some weird reason and it's getting a bit annoying at this point imo
Yeah. It's like these people WANT Nintendo to continue doing nothing. It's pretty baffling. This is just a company, defending it for not communicating with fans seems ridiculous.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Nintendo owes you nothing.
1xmf2e.jpg

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, you mean the worst case scenario? Ok, cool.

I was talking in addition to anything between now and then.

And LOL at the idea that Nintendo cant release a game without extensive marketing and warning. Super Mario 3D World would do just fine. Pikmin Deluxe would do just fine. Everybody has known about Xenoblade DE for almost a year.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Why would they release a mini? Might as well release a direct. Also Coronavirus didn't delay anything, they released an indie last week despite GDC not being there like nothing happened, yet I'm supposed to believe just 1 week later things changed so dramatically? This is just Nintendo being stupid in marketing as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.