• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is the next General Direct?

• This Week

Votes: 230 14.0%
  • Next Week

Votes: 557 34.0%
  • April

Votes: 192 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
ZlgjWSK.png

And with the release of Animal Crossing today we're no officially in unknown territory.

Next direct should be dandy. Hopefully :P

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I'm just finishing my first week of confinement and working from home and it sucks but it's been nice to have this thread talking about Metroid and other fun stuff for the upcoming (because it is upcoming, right?) Direct.

Oh, and happy birthday, Raccoon!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Given that 2 of my kids are probably going to siege the Switch now with AC released, i'm seconding the post on the previous page about not needing a Direct. ;D j/k

But as it looks like, even today, this thread is one of the sane ones. I wonder how long this will hold.

and indeed, I am an old raccoon now

First: Happy Birthday.

Second: 20, old? *Laughs in 36* You haven't seen shit yet kid. ;]

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I'm just finishing my first week of confinement and working from home and it sucks but it's been nice to have this thread talking about Metroid and other fun stuff for the upcoming (because it is upcoming, right?) Direct.

Oh, and happy birthday, Raccoon!
thanks a bunch!

I can already tell I'm gonna be way more chill on here now. Raccoon's got Animal Crossing, Raccoon's less of a prick. It's a law of nature

edit: incredible timing Bonejack, thanks a bunch (and boy do I know)

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Animal Crossing has completely mellowed me out. Thank god. I've been playing since 10 PM straight. I've played for nearly 5 and a half hours continuously.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I spent a few hours playing Animal Crossing and chilling the hell out, then spent a few more hours listening to my girlfriend play Animal Crossing and chilling the hell out

I'm fully chilled

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
ZlgjWSK.png

And with the release of Animal Crossing today we're no officially in unknown territory.

Next direct should be dandy. Hopefully :P
According to this chart:

Nintendo has so far announced 1 game this year (remake of the old Pokemon MD)

Quantity of announced games per year (only Switch, not counting 3DS, if someone has the data I'll appreciate it)

In 2017: 15 games (+5 in 2016 Switch reveal)
In 2018: 18 games
In 2019: 17 games (incl. Famicom Detective Club remakes)
In 2020: 1 game

Quantity of released games per year (again not counting 3DS games)

In 2017: 11 games
In 2018: 15 games
In 2019: 18 games
In 2020: 4 games (1 region locked one)

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
for the rest of the year, i really don't think we should be looking at things like it's a normal year. so many things are gonna get delayed, there's so much uncertainty.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
for the rest of the year, i really don't think we should be looking at things like it's a normal year. so many things are gonna get delayed, there's so much uncertainty.
Pretty much this. I believe they probably had something planned for March, but the whole COVID-19 situation is now foiling whatever plans they had. This thing already has a heavy impact on many companies' production chains, and may very well end with a worldwide recession.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Well, we've heard a few times by now that Corona hasn't actually impacted any Direct plans so far, mostly according to Nate, and I'm inclined to believe him when looking at Directs taking place like usual over the last few weeks/months (AC, Indies). The Indie Direct also did show how they can deal with vacant release dates: just making it Summer/Fall/Winter 2020 instead of giving concrete dates.
I think the late March Direct, assuming it takes place this upcoming week, was planned from the start like this. I still don't really get why, but that's the only thing completely escaping my understanding.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
On a side note, i sure would love to have a third Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ and Jude Law to tide me over the wait for the Direct.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Health update for those concerned: I don't believe I have the coronavirus. I still can't get tested (thanks Trump) but this thing is progressing exactly like a normal cold for me, and still no sign of fever.

Still gonna self isolate but I feel less stressed.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Health update for those concerned: I don't believe I have the coronavirus. I still can't get tested (thanks Trump) but this thing is progressing exactly like a normal cold for me, and still no sign of fever.

Still gonna self isolate but I feel less stressed.
Isn't the Corona virus the same as a normal cold for most people?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the Corona virus the same as a normal cold for most people?

It's more like the flu, the most common symptoms being shortness of breath and fever.

I mainly think I just have a cold and not this because what I have right now is exactly like every single time I get a cold, whereas I would expect this one to affect me differently, at least a bit.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
It's more like the flu, the most common symptoms being shortness of breath and fever.

I mainly think I just have a cold and not this because what I have right now is exactly like every single time I get a cold, whereas I would expect this one to affect me differently, at least a bit.
That's good to hear, still sucks your feeling sick. Get well soon

Nintendo direct related, since Chrono trigger turned 25. Now would be a great time to bring it to switch

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
>Quarentined from the outside world to keep away from Covid
>Quarentined from the outside thread to keep away from Console BS
>feelsgoodman

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
That's good to hear, still sucks your feeling sick. Get well soon

Nintendo direct related, since Chrono trigger turned 25. Now would be a great time to bring it to switch

Thanks! Doing my best.

Without the running nose. If you're nose is running it's not Corona.

Good, because my nose is a faucet right now.

EDIT: Google disagrees though, runny nose is apparently a common COVID-19 symptom.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Google :D

This statement was from the top notch virologist in our country.
It start without a running nose, of course some day's in this could come as well.

Gotcha, it's hard to really know where good info is coming from these days. So I'll just assume I don't have it but still take precautions as if I did have it.

Anyway, videogames right? How's Animal Crossing? I finally finished Baldur's Gate and now I'm working on the expansion, Siege of Dragonspear. Once RTWP clicks for you it REALLY clicks.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

Mm, I've also not been able to get tested, but believe I do have coronavirus, precisely because it is so different from a normal cold or flu. For me the biggest symptom so far is the shortness of breath -- feels like there's a weight on my chest at all times that resists deeper breaths and is a little painful.

Acetaminophen has worked well for the other symptoms so far though -- the fever, aches, chills. Taking all sorts of immune supplements too, and have an inhaler if needed (I have mild asthma).

Hoping (knock on wood) that it doesn't get much worse than this. Gonna try to do an "e-visit" with a doctor today, for whatever good that'll do. Maybe get authorized to go to one of the alleged drive-thru testings… but probably not, because of the dumb guidelines.

Sirthizzalot

Jan 26, 2020
Gotcha, it's hard to really know where good info is coming from these days. So I'll just assume I don't have it but still take precautions as if I did have it.

Anyway, videogames right? How's Animal Crossing? I finally finished Baldur's Gate and now I'm working on the expansion, Siege of Dragonspear. Once RTWP clicks for you it REALLY clicks.
www.cdc.gov

COVID-19 and Your Health

Symptoms, testing, what to do if sick, daily activities, and more.

If you have a runny nose it's probably not COVID-19. According to the CDC anyways.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK

5 levels into Doom4, made it to Hell.
Probably try and do 5 levels everyday for now and see how long itll take to finish.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
According to this chart:

Nintendo has so far announced 1 game this year (remake of the old Pokemon MD)

Quantity of announced games per year (only Switch, not counting 3DS, if someone has the data I'll appreciate it)

In 2017: 15 games (+5 in 2016 Switch reveal)
In 2018: 18 games
In 2019: 17 games (incl. Famicom Detective Club remakes)
In 2020: 1 game

Quantity of released games per year (again not counting 3DS games)

In 2017: 11 games
In 2018: 15 games
In 2019: 18 games
In 2020: 4 games (1 region locked one)

Yep - we should be getting quite a bit of announcements coming up. Also shows quite clearly how weird 2020 is shaping up to be compared to other years.
DQ Builders 2 isnt on the chart somehow but since I dont actually know when it was announced for Switch I havnt bothered to add it on the chart :P

I also think there's a few Picross games I havnt added either..

That's a pretty awesome chart, thanks. Is there a readily available version of it posted somewhere?

Sadly not - It's in a pretty massive document I like to work on from home.

But feel free to copy the format or improve on it if you will =)

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018

My AC Switch got delayed until 31.03. and the physical copy I ordered also didn't show up (found a statement online that it "will take a little longer"), shit.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
OK, guys, should I get doom64 (since my pc apparently can't handle doom eternal) to get my DOOM fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.